63 West Midlands Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
An established global brand is seeking to recruit a Payroll Specialist. Reporting to the UK Payroll Manager you the Payroll Specialist will is responsible for supporting and providing a full in-house managed payroll service for all UK sites.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The key responsibilities are:-
- Process monthly payroll for multi-site payrolls including pensions, benefits, PAYE, NI, court orders - payroll size approximately 1,000 employees
- In-line with the payroll calendar and payroll procedures, input in an accurate and timely manner all required payroll elements (basic pay, tax, national insurance, pension, BACS and such) for all new hires, transfers, promotions and terminations
- Maintain payroll system wage types and records to support the business and legal requirements - wages, benefits, sickness, vacation plus all contractual requirements
- Support process improvements, identify and assist implementation of efficiencies, system integration and elimination of duplicate data handling
- Complete Year End data in line with HMRC guidelines - includes P60’s, P11d’s and all other requirements as directed by HMRC and UK authorities
- Liaise with Site HR across all sites to ensure a smooth and efficient payroll
- Support the Payroll Manager to ensure compliance in all areas
- Assist in preparing monthly KPI’s for review with Payroll Manager, Site HR and Group HRIS
- Support Site HR teams and act as a key user for the ADP GlobalView TM and Payroll systems - providing improvements, advice, training and guidance to users
- Complete User Acceptance Tests (UAT) for all payroll related change requests
The ideal candidate will have
- Qualified professional - Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP) at Certificate level
- High level of computer literacy - excel, word, PowerPoint
- 3-5 years’ experience and high level of skill with payroll and time management systems a requirement
- SAP/ADP system experience and knowledge a preference (ADP GlobalView)
- Experience within a shared service centre environment
We are a multinational organisation employing in excess of 10,000 people with an established presence in the West Midlands region.
We are seeking to recruit a proven Automation Engineer to support our Maintenance team.
- Working Days, you will be required to support our onsite automated production system that will see you working closely with our Maintenance, Projects and CI teams to resolve issues and make improvements to production processes, that heavily rely on automation.
You will ideally have:
- Climbed the ranks of engineering from a Maintenance prospective and have proven Plc & Robot skills with a desire to move your career towards Control Engineering.
- Or hold a Control Engineering / Robot Support role, with a desire to utilise your skills within a fast-paced maintenance team.
- Experienced to a programming level with either Rockwell Allen Bradley , Schneider or Siemens S7 Plc and Proface or WinCC Flex HMI.
- Experienced to a programming level with Robotic technology, utilised within complex “pick & place” applications.
Salary : £32,000
Control & Robot Specific Training
Excellent Holiday Entitlement
Enhanced Sick Pay Scheme
Technical Support - Italian Speaking
We have a great opportunity to join a fast expanding engineering organisation that develops a vast range of electo-mechanical devices that are used in a myriad of industry sectors across the world. The company has seen recent growth in Europe, especially in Italy, so an Italian Speaking Technical Support person is required to join their internal department. The position sits between the Sales and the Research & Development Teams and will be the direct contact liaison between the customer and the engineering side of the company. This will involve collating information and data that allows the bespoke design of a product to a customer’s individual requirements.
- Duties will include telephone, email and skype communication with customers, creating data information fact sheets, liaison with the internal technical departments and maintaining marketing and update information with existing and past clients.
- Full product and organisation training will be provided, along with technical training related to the products and the innovative technology that are being created.
- Although the position does not require a formal qualification in engineering, it will require a good understanding and some experience of working within a manufacturing or technical environment.
- The right candidate will have the ability to learn and understand engineering and technical information and thermology through training, so that they can relay and communicate effectively with customers.
- Excellent communication and IT skills are essential and the ability present data and information to third parties.
- All applicants must also be confident in speaking Italian.
- The position will be a days-based role 8.30am - 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am - 1pm Fridays.
- There is a bonus that is paid every quarter and the position comes with 25 Days Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays.
For more information please forward your latest CV ASAP.
PROCESS ENGINEERNG MANAGER
We have a wonderful opportunity, if you are a Process Engineering Manager, who is looking to join a growing, stable organisation.
This is a multi-site International manufacturing company, and the vacancy has arisen at the centre of excellence.
Utilising the very latest of modern manufacturing technology, you will be managing the Project Process Engineering team in the UK. You will ensure on-time delivery of processes, tools and equipment.
- Define optimum process to manufacture new products
- Define layout for each production line
- Ensure Process FMEA
- Approve technical specifications for tools and investments
- Define best method
- Ensure capacitive investments are running at rate before mass production launch
- Estimate cycle times
- Provide feasibility and cost estimations
- Collaborate with costing
- Support the Process Engineering
- Ensure lessons are learnt from previous projects into new projects
- Manage suppliers to meet project requirements
- Organise the Process engineering team to meet the Project targets
- Ideally you will be educated to Degree standard, or equivalent experience
- Solid knowledge of Process Engineering management gained from within the automotive industry, or other high- volume manufacturing
- Tool and equipment design and technical specification experience
- Process FMEA
- Excellent project management experience
- Excellent IT skills
- Highly motivated and ambitious
- Salary : £50,000 - £60,000
- Car Allowance
- Generous Bonus
- Life Assurance
- Outstanding Prospects And
- Location : Warwick / Leamington Spa
- Potential Progression
- Environment : Manufacturing
This is an outstanding opportunity to continue to advance your career within a highly respected, busy manufacturing business. No two days will be the same! You will be challenged, stretched, but leave every day feeling a sense of achievement. Plus, you will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary and benefits and enjoy the pleasure of working in a modern, pleasant and encouraging working environment.
Send your CV ASAP.
We are working with a busy and fast-growing technology company that are involved in the Design and Development of a range of electro-mechanical devices that are outsourced for manufacture and then returns for Assembly and Checking in-house.
The company has seen some fantastic growth over the last 5 years and in the last 18 month a Project Team has been created to assist in the smooth transition from on average 2000 projects a year to over 22000 projects in 2018.
- The role will be responsible for looking after a key area of the business and learning the four main departments within the company - (R&D, Supplier Liaison, Procurement & Assembly / Test)
- A successful candidate will be mentored and supported form the start of their employment, so that they can fully integrate into the company and quickly become an asset to the Project Team.
Suitable Applicants will have the following:
- A formal qualification in Engineering, (Manufacturing, Design or Mechanical)
- At least 1 year’s industry experience (Year Placements will be acceptable) within an Engineering environment.
- Good Junior Project Engineering skills (Planning, Presentation, MS Office Tools)
- A good understanding of Manufacturing, Research & Development and Supply Chain methods
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
Salary : £26,000
Location : West Midlands
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing company where prospects and career development are very realistic within a few years.
For more information please forward your latest CV ASAP.
Working within a process plant environment in the West Midlands. The Electrical Engineer / E&I Technician will support the implementation of hardware upgrades of automation systems within the plant.
As an Electrical Engineer / E&I Technician you will be involved with site automation and control system design, specification and planning and their integration with the plants IT network.
This role is initially a Two-Year Fixed Term Contract as a Full time Employee of the Business with a Negotiable Salary of between £38,000 – 40,000.
Electrical Engineer / E&I Technician Duties:
- Supporting plant up-grade projects, specifically electrical hardware configuration (verification of existing and the specification, planning and testing), within various project areas, such as:-
- Distributed Control System, including I/O and associated hardware, computer development and upgrades.
- Plant Control Systems - including drives, link systems and communication / information system.
- Machine Drives including control system, monitoring, analysing, safety circuits and any protective devices designed to safeguard.
PLC systems, including input/output (IO) and associated hardware, and associated upgrades.
- Conveyor & Quality Control Systems
You will generally be involved with:
- Panel design
- equipment layouts, and specification of materials,
- creating I/O schedules, wiring schematics, testing and commissioning schedules and general technical support.
- Producing schematics, cost estimates and proposals
- Defining scope of supply, carryout pre-engineering work and testing
- Programme site works, coordinate trades and supervise activities
- Using the AutoCAD Vault drawing database to update any electronic drawings as required and any other electronic or manual document systems.
- Liaising with maintenance engineers and contractors to ensure system design and commissioning integrates with existing plant and allows for future expansion.
Electrical Engineer / E&I Technician Required Experience:
- Qualified to a Minimum of HNC in Electrical / Electronics or Automation
- Previous Experience of E&I in DCS / PLC installation & commissioning projects in a process environment.
- Capable of fault finding wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Computer and systems literate. Systems architecture about process control systems.
- Competent with Excel, Word & Ms Project.
- Ability to manage contract labour.
- A good understanding of DCS, Siemens S7 PLC’s, industrial IT systems, networking hardware configuration is essential to be successful in this demanding project.
This Finance Manager role offers: an Excellent Salary plus Incentive Bonus Scheme (Up to 5% of salary!), Plus Private Healthcare and Life Cover, Plus 33 days holiday, Plus Pension Scheme! And a stable career with a world leader in their market! A Dynamic business where no 2 days are the same! What’s not to like!
As the Finance Manager - you will be working for one of the most Creative, Organisations in their field with an outstanding reputation with a Global Client base! Established for approx. 25 years they are not a “new starter” – they know who they are and what they do and they do it well! They are a growing business who have a very “team Spirited” ethos!
As the Finance Manager, your duties will include:
- Supporting the FD in defining and improving the finance internal procedures, giving regular feedback on issues, proposing solutions and improvements
- Assist the FD with the closure of accounts month end ensuring all reporting to trial balance is valid, accurate and produced to schedule
- Manage the invoicing and accounts payable email accounts, allocate work to team members and ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner in line with company KPIs and targets
- Review and submission of all invoices, payables and receivables ensuring allocation to correct cost centres and projects, whilst identifying prepayment and accrual invoices
- Ensure proper application of VAT applicable to the service industry functioning within the EU and Worldwide (to include an understanding of TOMS)
- Supporting our niche Venue finding department in processing disbursement invoices and reconciliation of projects resulting the in the timely production and distribution of VAT packs (full training will be given in this area)
- Prepare and schedule all payments in the accounts system applying the correct terms and carry out final pay run checks ready for submission to the bank; international and within the UK
- Review and reconcile supplier and customer statements, proactively identify problem accounts, follow up exceptions and ensure clean, accurate, up to date ledgers
- Maintaining accuracy of work in progress reports by liaising with account managers to ensure consistent and accurate project budget tracking
This position would be ideal for a Finance Manager or an Assistant Finance Manager.
I would be very excited to speak with you if you have:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Ability to think outside the box
- Able to juggle tasks effectively and multi task!
- Experience within a Fast Paced environment
- Have sound knowledge and ability in double entry and reconciliations,
- AAT qualified/part qualified or qualified by experience – Totally flexible!
- Good working knowledge of Sage accounting system
- Good knowledge of the service industry and the UK, EU and International VAT systems that apply
- Knowledge of management systems for all accounting functions including purchase ledger, sales ledger, payroll, cash and banking, nominal ledger
- Excellent communication (both oral and written and excellent interpersonal skills)
- Ability to be proactive and use your initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Ability to lead and develop team members
- Ability to prioritise responsibilities under pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Excellent time management and organisational skills - ensuring internal and external deadlines are met and to the required standard
- Analytical thinking / Problem solving
Benefits package for the Finance Manager:
- Incentive scheme - could potentially earn an additional 5% of salary!
- 25 days holiday, increasing to 26 after 4 years, Christmas Eve closed day
- Employee assistance programme with access to helplines/counselling
- Autoenrollment pension
- After completing 6-month probationary period - private healthcare & life cover
To find out more about this fabulous opportunity, please send your CV ASAP.
This is an opportunity for a Maintenance Electrician to join an existing maintenance team within a Heavy Industry setting to undertake preventative and reactive maintenance on a range of machinery.
Hours of work are DAYS Mon – Friday 8am - 5pm with occasional overtime available at weekends.
- The role of Maintenance Electrician will involve:
- To provide maintenance and breakdown Electrical support alongside mechanical fitters/welders.
- Equipment to be supported will include motors, conveyor systems, hydraulics and pneumatics, and general site electrics.
- The position also involves supporting the preventative maintenance programme and continuous improvement of all areas of the plant.
- The skills you will need to have to undertake the Maintenance Electrician role are:
- Experience in a similar Electrical maintenance role, ideally within a Heavy Industry production or manufacturing environment.
- You will ideally have completed an Apprenticeship and/or hold a relevant Electrical qualification ie. City & Guilds and have experience supporting machinery.
- The ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure and have good problem-solving skills.
- The initiative to work on your own and as part of a team.
In return you will be work Days Mon – Fri 8am – 5pm (early Friday finish) and a salary of up £29,000 depending on experience + excellent benefits including a final salary pension.
If you are interested in this position and would like some more information, please submit your CV ASAP.
A global, International manufacturing company in the Birmingham area are now in the position to appoint an experienced Logistics Manager. This is an exceptional chance to maximise your considerable experience within a forward looking, busy, highly reputable manufacturing Company.
You will be given the responsibility for expanding the Logistics concepts and processes and optimise performance and meet Quality, cost and delivery targets
- Reporting into the Plant Manager
- Manage 3rd party providers
- Manage resources
- Supervision and control of material and SAP warehouse management
- Improvement of internal plant logistics processes
- Root cause analysis of supplier shortages
- Review customer production plans
- Monitor supplier performance
- You will be a member of the Management Committee
- Preparation of budgets and setting targets
- Ideally educated to Degree level, however, relevant experience is readily considered
- Logistics Management experience
- To have gained your experience within a manufacturing organisation
- Working knowledge of SAP, would be highly beneficial
- To have previously managed third- party logistics
- A strong relationship builder, to have managed customer relationships
- Passionate and energetic
- To thrive under pressure
Salary : £Neg – Highly Competitive
Superb Prospects and Stability
Location : Birmingham
Environment : Manufacturing
Please forward your CV plus your salary expectations.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an International, well- established manufacturing organisation. You will have full management support, making this a wonderful position for you to enjoy a long-term career. You will be richly rewarded with a highly competitive salary plus other benefits you would expect at this level, such as decent bonus and a Company car.
Send your CV ASAP.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer to join a growing maintenance team to maintain a range of automated plant and facilities in an FMCG setting based just outside of Wednesbury, working Mon – Fri alternating AM + PM shifts.
- In the role of Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer you will be dealing with both planned and reactive maintenance to a range of plant machinery within this automated FMCG plant.
- This is an all-rounder role where you will be required to work on your own initiative as well as working as part of a team and must be able to work to set guidelines.
- The shift pattern for this Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer role is Double Days Monday – Friday alternating 6am - 2pm, 13.30pm- 10pm
- I am keen to speak with Engineers who are apprentice trained and Multi skilled holding both mechanical and electrical abilities.
- You will need to hold a formal electrical qualification such as City & Guilds or NVQ and must have proven experience in undertaking planned and reactive maintenance on machinery in an FMCG/Food or High volume Manufacturing environment.
The Return on Offer:
- As a Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer the salary on offer is up to £35,000 depending on skills and experience, with NO call out required.
You will be joining a successful and reputable company who are a leader in their field.
This position is commutable from Walsall, Wolverhampton, Dudley, West Bromwich and surrounding areas.
If you are interested in knowing more, please send your CV ASAP.
This Payroll Administrator role is an outstanding opportunity for an existing Payroll Administrator who would also like to learn HR too! You will receive an excellent salary plus a good benefits package incl; 28 days holiday (incl 8 Bank hols) Increasing after 2 years, Pension Scheme, Long Service Award, Staff Discounts, Healthcare Voucher Scheme!
As the Payroll Administrator - you will be working for a very well-established retail health organisation who have sites across the UK and a leader in the UK market.
As the Payroll Administrator, your duties will include:
- Processing a Monthly Payroll from Start to end
- Collating and processing timesheets using Sage Payroll System
- Assessing electronic timesheets for accurate processing of timesheets
- Processing starters and leavers
- Processing Pensions, sick leave and holiday pay
- Dealing with and resolving payroll queries
- Ensure all statutory deductions are made from employee’s salaries
- Producing monthly report for management team
- Assisting with Employee Relations team with HR issues (training given)
I would be very excited to speak with you if you have / are:
- Previous experience as Payroll Administrator
- Experience of Sage 50 Payroll – This is essential
- A positive “Can Do” attitude
- A strong team player – always willing to support colleagues
- Keen to learn new skills – e.g. HR tasks and supporting the HR team
- Good understanding and experience of PAYE and Auto Enrolment Pension Schemes
- Experience of a Variety of Payrolls
- Solid understanding of Microsoft packages; Outlook, Word and Excel
- The ability to engage with colleagues in a friendly yet professional way
Benefits package for the HR Officer:
- 28 days holiday (incl Bank Holidays)
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Excellent Development and Career Opportunities
- Long Service Award
- Healthcare Voucher Scheme
To find out more about this fabulous opportunity, please send your CV ASAP.
We are seeking to recruit a proven Mechanically Biased Maintenance Engineer, to join our maintenance team.
- As a Maintenance Engineer you will be required to work shifts (but not nights) within a small but effective Maintenance Engineer team and will be required to undertake both planned and reactive maintenance across our plant which will require you to have experience of supporting conveyors, batching and lifting equipment.
- You must hold formal mechanical qualifications (ideally with an electrical appreciation), with proven experience as a Maintenance Engineer of supporting plant within a heavy engineering or robust manufacturing environment.
- In return we offer a starting salary of c£28K, with regular overtime being available with engineers in the team reaching an OTE of £40K+ on an annual basis.
The role is commutable from Birmingham, Dudley, Oldbury & West Bromwich
Celebrating 20 Years of Maintenance Engineer Recruitment Excellence