7 Birmingham Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
A fast-growing engineering organisation that provides a range of software solutions across Europe is seeking a new Internal Sales Person due to growth and to support their growing customer base. Based in their Midlands office the role will be working within a team of Sales and Engineering staff dealing with customers orders, requirements and needs, making sure bespoke applications can be correctly created and delivered.
The company has seen fantastic growth from a £5 million turnover to over £25 million in recent years and new business opportunities are coming in weekly. As an organisation they have a proud history of developing staff into more senior roles within a short period of time and also into new areas of the business.
Skills and Requirements:
Language skills are essential for this role due the geographical locations of customers, so suitable applicants will be fluent in at least one European Language, ideally (German, Italian, Spanish, French or Polish).
The company will provide product training and support from day one and also the prospect of developing a career path into either senior sales, marketing, or project management.
The right applicant for Internal Sales role will have the following:
- A formal qualification – Degree or equivalent in either a Business or Engineering subject.
- At least 6 months experience of working in an office environment, ideally Sales / Engineering
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in another European Language apart from English, written and verbal.
- Have a strong team ethic to work.
- Willingness to travel to international locations.
- Ability to understand technical applications.
Salary - £24,000
25 Days Holiday
This role will require applicants to already be eligible to live and work in the UK without the need for additional visa’s or sponsorship.
The chance to join one of the world leaders in the design and manufacture of bespoke design solutions for a diverse array of industries sectors across the globe.
A fast-growing SME who are now supplying bespoke design manufactured solutions across the globe are seeking a Design Manager to manage their team of 6 Designers. The company offers a custom-made solution for their customers and the Design Team plays the critical phase in establishing the customers needs, gaining approval of the initial concept design and then supporting the New Product Introduction / Production Team in providing designs and drawings that can be easily referenced against, or put into the companies internal CNC Programming process.
The company are seeing fantastic growth and require good leadership and management skills that will also include mentoring, teaching and managing junior to senior design staff. This is a role that requires a hands-on approach, but also make sure the entire team are always working effectively and help design new products for market with an emphasis on aesthetic and functional design that will appeal. Push innovation both in new and existing products.
The successful applicant is likely to possess the following attributes:
- The ability to manage and coordinate a team of design and programming engineers in the development of new and current products.
- Experience of helping develop assembly techniques for manufacture.
- The ability to motivate staff and get the best out of people in a target set environment.
- Be able to communicate, develop and manage multiple jobs setting clear and defined objective with specified time lines.
- Work closely with customers to help develop solution and effective products.
- The ability to work closely and communicate with existing management team in production, quality, sales and purchasing.
- Enable products to be manufactured efficiently and cost effectively without the need for rework using RFT techniques.
- Experience of developing/following procedures to establish clear working practices
- Help develop new processes to improve productivity and quality.
- A background in lean manufacturing
- Experience of using Solidworks is essential (examples preferred for interview)
- Programming experience in CNC machining
- Experience with the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc)
A suitable candidate will be someone who has managed Design projects from concept through to production in such sectors as Automotive, Off Highway, Marine, Aerospace or Trailer Systems.
The Design Manager will join the existing Senior Management Team and will be part of major company decision making and regular liaison with Partners, Suppliers and Customers.
QUALITY ENGINEER (MANUFACTURING)
£31,800 + Pension + Outstanding Prospects
HIGH VOLUME MANUFACTURING
Do you want progression? Are you a Quality Engineer, who demands progression and development? We have a role that’s just for you!
A fast paced, dynamic multi-site manufacturing organisation in the Birmingham area, now have a requirement an experienced Quality Engineer.
DUTIES OF A QUALITY ENGINEER:
- Ensure standards are maintained
- Raise and Control all internal and customer 8S’s / concerns
- Monitor PPM KPI’s
- Support manufacturing with Quality Concerns
- Support TS16949 - ISO14001 Audits
- Problem solving
- Working a permanent afternoon shift
- Deal with customer concerns
- Repot on actions taken using 8D format
- Raise and control internal 8Ds to control and reduce scrap, rework, customer concerns
REQUIREMENTS OF A QUALITY ENGINEER:
- Quality Engineering experience gained from within Tier 1 automotive manufacturing
- Good knowledge of TS16949
- Quality core tools understanding
- Happy to work an afternoon shift - 2pm - 10pm
- Strong problem solving techniques
There would be no better time to join this organisation, your experience will be embraced and you will be positively encouraged to continue to progress your own skills and experience.
Keywords:- Quality Engineer, Quality Coordinator, Automotive, TS16949, ISO14001, 8D’s, Quality Assurance Engineer
This market leading company is seeking to appoint a standalone HR advisor to carry out a broad range of HR duties on a part times basis.
As HR Advisor you will be responsible for:
- Advising line managers across the business on employee relation issues such as performance management, probation, etc.
- Supporting line managers with absence management, arranging and conducting home
- Providing advice and support to line managers with disciplinary, capability and grievance issues.
- Liaising with external payroll providers relating to monthly payroll changes
- Conducting exit interviews: monitoring and reporting any issues/themes to the Company Director
- Managing and maintaining HR systems
- Updating HR policies and procedures where necessary
- Undertaking HR administration processing for HR transactions
- Coaching and mentoring line managers on best practice
- Coordinating recruitment campaigns
This is an ideal role for an established HR Advisor to join a successful established business which is continuing to grow.
My client, a global manufacturing company, is seeking to recruit an experienced HR Advisor to provide a generalist HR support function for its Birmingham site. The HR Advisor will report to the HR Manager and be responsible for managing all aspects of Human Resources on a daily basis.
HR Advisor Key Performance Areas:
- HR Support/Administration
- Absence Management
- Employee Relations - Managing the disciplinary and grievance process with support from the HR Manager when required - producing any necessary disciplinary or grievance letters, and providing basic advice to Line Managers as and when required. Manage and develop any potential Trade Union or Works Council activity and relationships at the Birmingham site.
- Employment Law
- Recruitment and Selection - To provide internal and external advertisements for vacancies and liaise with recruitment agencies as required. Coordinate applications and support Managers with short-listing process and arranging interviews. Support Managers throughout the interview process, attending interviews and ensuring correct paperwork is available. To assist in the selection assessment process where appropriate
- Compensations and Benefits
- Training and Development
- Project Management
- Health and Safety
The ideal candidate will have gained HR Advisor / Generalist experience within a blue collar manufacturing environment. Ideally CIPD qualified you will be confident, hard-working with a positive outlook.
A large European Automotive supplier based in the Central Midlands is looking to add a new design team member to their organisation. The role is for a CAD Designer and will report to the Design Office Manager.
Duties of a CAD Designer:
- The primary purpose of the role is to design and define the main product features based on design rules, standards and technical specifications in compliance with company and customers directives.
- Design the product so it can be integrated into a manufacturing environment
- Carry out dimensioning diagram and the digital definitions
- Design and complete projects against given timelines.
- Contribute to design review meetings and design change requirement updates
Requirements of a CAD Designer:
- The right candidate will ideally have an automotive component design background that involves complex parts and assemblies with 3D CAD using Catia V5 R18 and plastic transformation, injection / blow moulding tool, GD&T (drawing dimensioning) and mould flow.
- Experience with CAD tools and ISO design and drawing standards, FMECA and strong Dimensioning Drawing skills.
- Candidates should be formally qualified in engineering HNC/ HND or above
- Have at least 3 years recent design engineering experience
BUYER AND STORES CONTROLLER
£33,000 - £35,000 + Excellent Pension + Outstanding Prospects
A well-known, and highly respected organisation, based in the Birmingham area, with multiple site facilities, have a requirement for a Buyer and Stores Controller. You will be leading the local purchasing department in identifying cost savings.
As a Company, they are very ethical and supportive, you will be given plenty of opportunities to develop further and you will enjoy a long and fruitful career.
- Lead the local purchasing department, identifying cost savings
- Management of inventories spare parts
- Utilising SAP MRP
- Supervision of Purchasing Assistant and stores staff
- You will be the site SAP Superuser
- Management of central stores
- Ensure a high level of stock accuracy
- Manage the Creation of material master data in SAP for spare parts
- Source non-stock engineering parts
- Implement cost reduction strategies
- Development of key suppliers
- Membership of CIPS, Level 3 or above
- Significant experience within a purchasing role
- It would be beneficial for you to have supervisory experience, though this is not essential
- Strong SAP experience
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Receptive to further training and development
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a World Class Manufacturing Company, who continue to adapt and grow.