5 Birmingham Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
This market leading company is seeking to appoint a standalone HR advisor to carry out a broad range of HR duties on a part times basis.
As HR Advisor you will be responsible for:
- Advising line managers across the business on employee relation issues such as performance management, probation, etc.
- Supporting line managers with absence management, arranging and conducting home
- Providing advice and support to line managers with disciplinary, capability and grievance issues.
- Liaising with external payroll providers relating to monthly payroll changes
- Conducting exit interviews: monitoring and reporting any issues/themes to the Company Director
- Managing and maintaining HR systems
- Updating HR policies and procedures where necessary
- Undertaking HR administration processing for HR transactions
- Coaching and mentoring line managers on best practice
- Coordinating recruitment campaigns
This is an ideal role for an established HR Advisor to join a successful established business which is continuing to grow.
My client, a global manufacturing company, is seeking to recruit an experienced HR Advisor to provide a generalist HR support function for its Birmingham site. The HR Advisor will report to the HR Manager and be responsible for managing all aspects of Human Resources on a daily basis.
HR Advisor Key Performance Areas:
- HR Support/Administration
- Absence Management
- Employee Relations - Managing the disciplinary and grievance process with support from the HR Manager when required - producing any necessary disciplinary or grievance letters, and providing basic advice to Line Managers as and when required. Manage and develop any potential Trade Union or Works Council activity and relationships at the Birmingham site.
- Employment Law
- Recruitment and Selection - To provide internal and external advertisements for vacancies and liaise with recruitment agencies as required. Coordinate applications and support Managers with short-listing process and arranging interviews. Support Managers throughout the interview process, attending interviews and ensuring correct paperwork is available. To assist in the selection assessment process where appropriate
- Compensations and Benefits
- Training and Development
- Project Management
- Health and Safety
The ideal candidate will have gained HR Advisor / Generalist experience within a blue collar manufacturing environment. Ideally CIPD qualified you will be confident, hard-working with a positive outlook.
A large European Automotive supplier based in the Central Midlands is looking to add a new design team member to their organisation. The role is for a CAD Designer and will report to the Design Office Manager.
Duties of a CAD Designer:
- The primary purpose of the role is to design and define the main product features based on design rules, standards and technical specifications in compliance with company and customers directives.
- Design the product so it can be integrated into a manufacturing environment
- Carry out dimensioning diagram and the digital definitions
- Design and complete projects against given timelines.
- Contribute to design review meetings and design change requirement updates
Requirements of a CAD Designer:
- The right candidate will ideally have an automotive component design background that involves complex parts and assemblies with 3D CAD using Catia V5 R18 and plastic transformation, injection / blow moulding tool, GD&T (drawing dimensioning) and mould flow.
- Experience with CAD tools and ISO design and drawing standards, FMECA and strong Dimensioning Drawing skills.
- Candidates should be formally qualified in engineering HNC/ HND or above
- Have at least 3 years recent design engineering experience
Position: Reliability Engineer
Benefits: Overtime, Pension, Holiday, Company Car
Location: Birmingham, Coventry and Oxford
Probe Technical Recruitment is recruiting for a Reliability Engineer to focus on Condition Based Maintenance. Along with a day shift pattern with hours around 8-5 the company offers a pension, holiday, plenty of overtime and a company car. The role will be mobile which is why you are supplied with a car or a van around the Birmingham, Coventry and Oxford areas. Reliability Engineers (CM Engineers) will spend most of their time working on a small set of defined client’s sites, communicating regularly with both group personnel and clients. In addition to this, there will be occasions where other site visits for ad-hoc or covering working will be required.
The purpose of the role is to be an effective part of the company’s service delivery team, by providing a competent standard of rotating and static equipment through various condition monitoring techniques as defined. You should have the ability to lead junior members of staff through technical guidance and be able to carry out specific site management duties as defined by the Team Manager. You will deliver client facing services to various industry sectors and support the regional Team Manager KPI`s.
Duties and Responsibility for Reliability Engineer:
- Ability to collect and analyse condition monitoring data and formulate accurate and concise reports to the client, clearly identifying any potential failure modes and risk of client business impact
- Reporting; first and second pass analysis, Troubleshooting (where qualified/proficient) of CM results ensuring any potential threat to client’s reliability program is identified and reported.
- Ability to assist in creation of CM Databases from implementation through to delivery
- Be aware of the Asset Management Directors business plan
- Deliver specific asset management services to improve client’s equipment availability & reliability as directed by Operations Management teams.
- Ensure effective communication and reporting to line management with regards to operational objectives, achievements and opportunities or risk.
- Co-operate with peers to support future business development. Advise Management of potential new business opportunities.
- Assist in compiling, manage and follow Method Statements, COSHH Assessments, Risk Assessments and SOPs.
Skills and Experience for Reliability Engineer:
- HNC in Maintenance/Engineering discipline (essential)
- Vibration Analysis Level 2
- Thermal 1
- ICML 1
- Basic Pump Performance assessments
- Lubrication Assessment
- Pipework Vibration
- Basic Rotor Dynamics
- Ultrasound level 1
All the above would be beneficial for the position, however these are desirable.
BUYER AND STORES CONTROLLER
£33,000 - £35,000 + Excellent Pension + Outstanding Prospects
A well-known, and highly respected organisation, based in the Birmingham area, with multiple site facilities, have a requirement for a Buyer and Stores Controller. You will be leading the local purchasing department in identifying cost savings.
As a Company, they are very ethical and supportive, you will be given plenty of opportunities to develop further and you will enjoy a long and fruitful career.
- Lead the local purchasing department, identifying cost savings
- Management of inventories spare parts
- Utilising SAP MRP
- Supervision of Purchasing Assistant and stores staff
- You will be the site SAP Superuser
- Management of central stores
- Ensure a high level of stock accuracy
- Manage the Creation of material master data in SAP for spare parts
- Source non-stock engineering parts
- Implement cost reduction strategies
- Development of key suppliers
- Membership of CIPS, Level 3 or above
- Significant experience within a purchasing role
- It would be beneficial for you to have supervisory experience, though this is not essential
- Strong SAP experience
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Receptive to further training and development
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a World Class Manufacturing Company, who continue to adapt and grow.