Probe secure new jobs for hundreds of people every year. We have the expertise to advise you in all areas of your job search, whether you're starting a job, leaving a job or thinking about your next step along your career path. Whatever you are looking for we are here & willing to help so we hope you will find some useful information in this section that helps you get the job you are looking for and succeed in building a better future for yourself.
Career planning is an important part of everyone's life and is not something that should be taken lightly. There are many reasons why people look for new jobs - salary, unrest, difficult staff members, lack of progression, environment, etc. Whatever the reason for changing your career take time to research your reasons and ensure that your actions are in line with your long term objectives.
In order to evaluate where you want to be, you must first determine your long term goals. What do you want out of you career move? financial reward, progression, enhanced education plans, better working environment? All of these things, and more, should be considered carefully before making any decision to send your CV to an employer. The more you know about where you want to be and how you plan to get there, the easier it will be to achieve those goals. These will all have an impact on your CV, interviews and potential employers suitability.
Below you will find some tips and advice to assist you on the recruitment road ahead, which will hopefully give you an advantage in securing your career goals.
We wish you every success in your search and the future and should you ever be in a position that you are looking to move, then we hope that you will contact us to assist you. Happy Job Hunting
Highly competitive + Pension + Company Car + Generous Bonus
A PRESTIGIOUS manufacturing organisation, are looking for an experienced Quality Manager, to lead the Quality Division.
This is a well established engineering company, with an International presence.
- HNC / HND or Degree
- You will be able to demonstrate relevant Quality Management experience
- Ideally, you will have gained your knowledge from a fast-paced working environment
- To have previously managed a Quality team
- Fully conversant with all Quality tools, such as SPC, Control Plans, PPAP’s and APQP
- To have managed customer concerns and non-conforming products
- To have previously contributed to the formulation of Company strategy and business plans
- Set budgets
- Ambitious and driven
- Manage non conforming product
- Supervision of the Quality team
- Management of supplier complaints
- Manage and lead the quality staff
- Responsibility for the gauge room, metrology, customer liaison and quality team
- Maintain and develop the quality system
- Manage the quality budget
- Ensure all mistake proof devices are functional
- Development of the Quality team
- Maintain product, kamishabi and process audit activities
- Recover all costs for supplier issues
- Root cause analysis
- Development of the annual training plan
- Contribute to the formulation of the Company strategy and business plans
Are you ready for your next challenge?
You will be joining an established manufacturing organisation, and you will be supported by a strong management team.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join continue your successful career. Send your CV, together with your salary requirements
This Technical Assistant role is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop an outstanding career within a Leading Construction Company, a market leader in their field. You will receive a great salary, 31 days holiday (incl BH’s), Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Assurance, Pension, Free Parking. What is there not to like?!?!
As the Technical Assistant - you will be working for One of the leading Construction Organisations in the UK. An organisation with over 100 years' experience, known for an outstanding product and service.
The duties for the Technical Assistant will include:
- Advising Customers and staff on use of Company Products
- Conducting Investigations into Technical issues, communicating with customers, factories and staff, providing a technically lead solution
- Providing Technical information to support Sales and Customer Service
- Working safely and in accordance with the Company’s Quality and Environmental polices
- Awareness and Knowledge of building regulations and NHBC standards
- Undertaking site inspections out in the field to assist the Sales Team
- Assist with product innovation and development campaigns
I would be very excited to speak with you if you have:
- Previous experience as a Technical Assistant would be amazing!
- The skills and knowledge to match the duties above!
- A degree within Construction, Engineering or a Business-related degree
- The ability and experience in demonstrating a knowledge of building regulations and NHBC standards
- Ability to Read Technical drawings
- Experience with Product Development
- Experience of adhering to Quality and Environmental Policies
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Confident, Energetic and enthusiastic personality!
Benefits package for the Technical Assistant:
- 31 days holiday (incl 8 Bank hols) (increasing to 33 with service)
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Child Care Vouchers
- Free Parking
To find out more about this fabulous opportunity, please send your CV ASAP.
We are seeking to recruit a proven Maintenance Fitter to join our plant Maintenance and Production team to support our operation within the Midlands region. As a Maintenance Fitter you will be required to undertake planned and reactive maintenance tasks throughout our facility and improve and maintain plant reliability.
Skills and Requirements:
- You must be qualified Mechanically i.e. NVQ / Apprenticeship / City & Guilds and hold experience as a Fitter / Engineer, we would be interested in talking to Maintenance Engineers as well.
- You must have a Maintenance ability having gained your experience of supporting plant within a heavy engineering environment such as chemical processing, oil refineries, quarrying, recycling, power generation, steel works or within a heavy plant overhaul support organisation.
- Support planned shutdowns, absence, holiday cover for the fitting team/ production ops team
- Ensure efficient operation of plant and minimise down time
- Reduction in mean time to repair (MTTR)
- Assist quality control of product
- Root cause analysis to ensure plant reliability
Salary is negotiable dependant on your experience and ranges from £32,000 - £36,000
Plenty of Scope for Overtime
Plus Annual Leave
Shift Pattern of 5 on, 5 off, 4 on 4 off, 5 on, 5 offs, between 06:00 - 18:00hrs & 18:00 - 06:00 rotating days and nights
This role is commutable from Leicester, Tamworth, Hinckley, Burton upon Trent and Loughborough
As a Maintenance Technician you will be joining an established Maintenance team in this Heavy Industry setting to primarily provide Electrical support to PLC run machinery.
This company are a market leader in their field and have been established for over 100 years. This is a Heavy Industry, high volume production environment.
- In the role of Maintenance Technician, you will be undertaking both planned and reactive maintenance tasks across the facility that will require you to hold a strong electrical background in addition to mechanical abilities.
- You will need to demonstrate strong abilities in PLC Controls within Siemens S7, electrical fault finding and repair, circuitry schematics, and electrical drives.
- You will also be involved in contributing to continuous improvement processes and taking lead responsibility for maintenance shift personnel.
- You will be leading an established maintenance team on rotating 12 hr Continental shifts. You must be available to work Days and Nights over a 7 day rota. Shifts patterns are 4on/4off 6am-6pm Days and 6pm-6am Nights.
Skills & Experience:
- To be successful in this Maintenance Technician role, you will ideally be apprentice trained and will hold a relevant electrical qualification such as HNC or City & Guilds in Electrical Engineering.
- You will need to have experience in supporting plant and equipment within a Heavy Industry manufacturing or production environment.
- Experience in problem solving and programming on Siemens S7 PLC’s and motor drive systems is essential.
- I would be keen to speak to Engineers who have previous experience within roles such as Maintenance Electrician, Electrical Engineer, Heavy Industry Electrician, or PLC Programmer/Controls Engineer.
In return, the salary is £45,000 + weekend shift allowance, paid overtime, 33 days holiday p year + pension. OTE salary is £50,000
If you are interested, please submit your CV or if you would like some more information regarding this position please send your CV ASAP.
Are you an experienced Production Planner who is planning your next career move? Then look no further!
One of our best clients are looking for a talented Production Planner to join their team. They specialise in FMCG Manufacturing.
This vacancy is commutable from Manchester, Oldham, Blackburn, Wigan, Warrington, Burnley, Rochdale, Stockport, Bolton and other surrounding areas
- As production planner you will be responsible for the maximizing their production capabilities
- This role will require you to plan production, materials and equipment in order to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Ensure production is scheduled to meet deadlines
- As Production Planner you will require previous experience in a similar role
- You will need to be effective and skilled with MRP systems
- You will have Knowledge or expereince within an FMCG or light manufacturing environment
- Experience of implementing MRP Systems
- As production Planner you will ideally have experience using SAP
- Days role (flexi time)
- Competitive holidays
- Secure position within a large but still growing company
- Be part of a great team
- Supportive Environment
Please feel free to have a confidential chat on the details below. What are you waiting for?
Are you an experienced Setter looking for a new challenge within a high-quality, precision tooling environment supplying into a range of prestigious industries.
A Global high-quality organisation supplying into a range of prestigious industries. A passionate, family-feel environment really allows employees to feel valued and part of the team. The Setter plays a fundamental role in the production of high precision components, ensuring all products are within the required standards and specifications.
The Setter will work Days Monday to Friday and be responsible for:
- Safe and effective set-up, running and changeover of machinery associated equipment
- Setting the Multi-Slide Machines
- Maintaining the machines to achieve quality products
- Following specification sheets and identify and report changes required using precise measuring devices and instruments as required
- Basic fault finding and repairs and reporting any maintenance issues in a proactive manner to avoid production downtime
- Record machine data accurately
- Support Machine Operators
- Identify and participate in continuous improvement initiatives
Skills & Experience:
The successful Setter will have:
- Previous experience as a Machine Setter
- ROSPA trained
- The ability to read engineering drawings
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
I would be keen to speak with candidates who have experience as Machine Setters, Multi-Slide Machine Setters who are seeking a new opportunity.
A competitive salary
Generous holiday entitlement
Training if required
This role is commutable from Wolverhampton, Dudley, Walsall, Telford, Stafford, Birmingham, and surrounding areas.
For an informal chat or to apply for this position or to discuss any further please send your CV complete with a cover letter ASAP.
Who We Are
Probe UK is a leading technical engineering recruitment consultancy that specialises in all aspects of the engineering sector. From aeronautical and automotive engineering to precision engineering, manufacturing and technical designers, we have worked for clients from all spectrums of the engineering and design industry in sourcing the perfect candidates.
Probe provided me with valuable assistance and advice when I was searching for a new role. It was a pleasure working with them, I cannot recommend them highly enough. I found their approach honest, reliable and he totally understood what I was looking for, something which isn't always the case with recruiters. I would not hesitate to contact Probe in the future if my circumstances changed