Probe secure new jobs for hundreds of people every year. We have the expertise to advise you in all areas of your job search, whether you're starting a job, leaving a job or thinking about your next step along your career path. Whatever you are looking for we are here & willing to help so we hope you will find some useful information in this section that helps you get the job you are looking for and succeed in building a better future for yourself.
Career planning is an important part of everyone's life and is not something that should be taken lightly. There are many reasons why people look for new jobs - salary, unrest, difficult staff members, lack of progression, environment, etc. Whatever the reason for changing your career take time to research your reasons and ensure that your actions are in line with your long term objectives.
In order to evaluate where you want to be, you must first determine your long term goals. What do you want out of you career move? financial reward, progression, enhanced education plans, better working environment? All of these things, and more, should be considered carefully before making any decision to send your CV to an employer. The more you know about where you want to be and how you plan to get there, the easier it will be to achieve those goals. These will all have an impact on your CV, interviews and potential employers suitability.
Below you will find some tips and advice to assist you on the recruitment road ahead, which will hopefully give you an advantage in securing your career goals.
We wish you every success in your search and the future and should you ever be in a position that you are looking to move, then we hope that you will contact us to assist you. Happy Job Hunting
Service Manager (Mechanical)
£35,000 - £40,000
Pension, 25+8days holiday, Pension, Parking, Canteen
We are actively recruiting for a Service Manager (Mechanically Biased) holding relevant experience within Engineering.
The ideal service manager will have:
- Previous experience within a Service Manager / Supervisory role
- Ideally Mechanically Biased and holding experience within a Engineering Environment
- You will be responsible for the Service engineer’s / Field service engineers
- Ensure productivity targets are met
- Be able to commute at all levels / and hold excellent customer service skills
- Holding experience with Office/ or experience with a Similar database
- Maintain Health and safety Standards
- Hold a good understanding of Hydraulic equipment
- Apprentice trained holding a formal qualification within Engineering
- Proven experience within a Senior / Manageable role
- Proven experience within a Engineering environment.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Supervisor to join a modern, developing organisation who are bespoke in the products they manufacture. They are seeking someone to join them in this pivotal role in providing the day to day leadership to the team.
Are you a Production Supervisor wanting to further your career within the manufacturing sector??
Are you looking for that next challenge??
Then this is the position for you!!!!
The Production Supervisor’s Responsibilities are to implement practices and processes to ensure smooth running of manufacturing and ensure customer orders are completed OTIF and Right First Time as well as:
- Driving continuous improvements throughout
- Ensure new starters are trained and assessed weekly
- Ensure work is flowing correctly to achieve targets
- Carry out random inspections to ensure quality and specifications are of a high standard
- 5s activities
- Maintain Health & Safety and a safe working environment
- Drive OEE
- Ensure Production targets are met
- Ensure monthly stock takes are completed and with minimum discrepancies
- Develop the team and monitor performance
- 6-2 shift
The Production Supervisor will have:
- Experience in a similar position and strong working relationship with the Section / Production Leader
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with stock and scrap rates
- Strong customer focus
- Development skills to train colleagues
- The ability to work as part of a team and to lead that team to achieve production KPIs
- The drive to achieve excellence and customer fulfilment
This is an exciting position for the ideal candidate to thrive and be a part of the continued change and develop the growth of the business as well their career. The Production Supervisor will hit the ground running and be a part of the innovative organisation, growing year on year within this industry.
This role is commutable from:
Wolverhampton, Walsall, Willenhall, Worcester, Bromsgrove, Birmingham, Dudley, West Brom and surrounding areas.
To apply for this position or to discuss any further please send your CV complete with a cover letter to Laura Ensor.
Probe Technical Recruitment is looking to recruit a Controls Engineer within a specialist manufacturing environment. The company's strength lies in its process expertise, engineering excellence extending from design and manufacture through installation and commissioning to Lifetime Support. This is a more junior position so we would be keen to talk to candidates who have 1 years’ experience within Controls Engineering. Along with a competitive salary of £30,000 the company offers 24+8 Holiday, Pension matched up to 6%, Life Assurance and Sick Pay.
As a Controls Engineer some parts of the role will include:
- Developing and produce PLC and HMI software for a variety of platforms with minimal assistance.
- To design, specify and issue electrical hardware parts lists and control panels according to contract specifications.
- To produce machine test specifications.
- Test equipment in assembly shop and on customer sites as required.
- To provide technical and commissioning support to Installation & Commissioning/Customer Services in the office and on site.
The ideal candidate will need experience of installing and commissioning process equipment and a knowledge of programming and fault finding on PLC systems is desirable including mainly Rockwell Logix 5000, Siemens S7 and Mitsubishi an advantage, although on-site training will be provided. Ideally, qualified to an Engineering degree or BTEC Higher Certificate in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
Able to work away from home base for extended periods of time, within the UK and overseas could be required.
£NEG + SUPERB PROSPECTS + PENSION + OTHER BENEFITS
The company pride themselves in the quality of their work and the industry they are in, with servicing and supplying a wide range of industries. They are seeking an experienced Toolmaker to join their organisation to maintain tools and support NPI Projects.
Are you an experienced Toolmaker wanting to work in a developing organisation???
Are you wanting to work a day shift instead of a pattern?!
Are you looking for that next challenge??
Then this is the position for you!!!!
The Toolmaker’s Responsibilities are to:
- Aid the development of new work, trialling, debugging and modifying new tooling.
- Set and complete try outs in the presses
- Maintain and strip, inspect, repair and rebuild
- Liaise with setters to repair tooling in a timely fashion
- Routine maintenance for press tooling
- Jig & Gauge making
The Toolmaker will have:
- Experience within a similar environment, domestic / contract
- Experience with progression tooling
- Experience with all types of machining (Milling, Turning, Drilling and Surface Grinding)
- Experience with CNC Machinery would be advantageous.
This is an exciting position for the ideal candidate to thrive and be a part of the continued develop the growth of the business as well their career. The Toolmaker will hit the ground running and be a part of the innovative organisation, growing year on year within this industry.
To apply for this position or to discuss any further please send your CV to Laura.
INJECTION MOULD TEAM LEADER
A busy manufacturing organisation are looking for an Injection Mould Team Leader.
They are a global manufacturing organisation, and they continue to go from strength to strength. As the Injection Mould Team Leader, you will provide operational support and process improvement within a high -volume injection moulding facility.
This is an exciting time to join, this is an exiting time to be part of an International company, where you will be given the chance to make an impact very quickly.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Ideally Apprentice trained
- Strong knowledge of plastic injection moulding
- Experience of programming robots would be advantageous
- Knowledge of tool change overs, and tool change over time reductions SMED
- To have gained your experience from within a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Excellent organisational abilities
- Good communication skills
- Identify and identify cost savings
- Optimise robot programming and create programmes where possible
- Define standard for 5S
- Track all cycle times / part weights
- Coordinate and plan tool changeovers
- Forward plan production
- Coordinate Tooling and Maintenance tool / machine release
- Tool changeover reduction through SMED
- Cycle time improvement / scrap reduction
- Development of Technician skills
This is a wonderful opportunity to continue your successful career. Send your CV to Tania, or alternatively, call for more information on 0121 321 4311
This is an excellent opportunity with a leading manufacturing of advanced process technology company, who have a rich, well-established background. They have sites here in the UK and overseas
The company's strength lies in its process expertise, engineering excellence and the ability to fully support customers worldwide. The service is complete - from design through installation and commissioning to lifetime support.
- Develop the product range to ensure competitive position of machines
- Issue machines and ancillary equipment to contract, produce factory layouts complete with services and installation information
- Provide assistance to Sales and Customer Services departments on technical offering to ensure smooth contract execution
- Identify risks and put in place plans to maintain cost and schedule
- Maintain modular product structure for product range.
- Product leadership and ensure specified solution is implemented within the agreed schedule and costs, manage priorities to ensure project schedules are maintained
- Ensure accurate drawings and parts lists are produced in accordance with company’s standards and quality procedures, to ensure compliance with CAD best practices
- To be fully competent in the use of Siemens NX and TeamCenter ensuring compliance with best practices
- Ensure compliance of the equipment with legislation (e.g. EC Directives)
- Maintain and update drawings and parts lists, and completion of change requests, work with suppliers to ensure applications are fully and reliably implemented.
- Undertake calculations for design work, both on contracts and development projects, brief field engineers and visit site when necessary
- A highly motivated, confident and dedicated professional, currently in a key role within a design team
- Competent in the use of 3D design and ERP business systems.
- An innovative engineer with an analytical approach to problem solving
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent experience level in Engineering
- Able to work alone or as a member of a design team
- Good communication skills, good PC literacy skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Able to travel both within the UK and throughout the world.
Essential Experience Required:
- Experienced designer of low volume / bespoke industrial machinery
- Good 3D CAD design experience using NX, Solidworks, Inventor or similar
- Modelling machined components, fabricated parts, sheet metal and assemblies.
- Good drafting experience of machined components, fabrications and assembly drawings
- Good knowledge of different manufacturing methods, their benefits and limitations
- Good level of PC Literacy – Windows, MS Office, Outlook etc
- Willing and able to occasionally travel to customer / supplier sites in the UK and Worldwide
- Motivated, confident and professional with good communication skills, experience of working on multiple projects concurrently, prioritising tasks accordingly, good attention to detail, cost and quality in particular
- Able to select suitable materials, with a good appreciation of the benefits and limitations of each
£38,000 - £42,000 plus employee benefits
Commutable from Peterborough, Stamford, Oakham, Wisbech, Corby, Kettering
Who We Are
Probe UK is a leading technical engineering recruitment consultancy that specialises in all aspects of the engineering sector. From aeronautical and automotive engineering to precision engineering, manufacturing and technical designers, we have worked for clients from all spectrums of the engineering and design industry in sourcing the perfect candidates.
Probe provided me with valuable assistance and advice when I was searching for a new role. It was a pleasure working with them, I cannot recommend them highly enough. I found their approach honest, reliable and he totally understood what I was looking for, something which isn't always the case with recruiters. I would not hesitate to contact Probe in the future if my circumstances changed