Probe secure new jobs for hundreds of people every year. We have the expertise to advise you in all areas of your job search, whether you're starting a job, leaving a job or thinking about your next step along your career path. Whatever you are looking for we are here & willing to help so we hope you will find some useful information in this section that helps you get the job you are looking for and succeed in building a better future for yourself.
Career planning is an important part of everyone's life and is not something that should be taken lightly. There are many reasons why people look for new jobs - salary, unrest, difficult staff members, lack of progression, environment, etc. Whatever the reason for changing your career take time to research your reasons and ensure that your actions are in line with your long term objectives.
In order to evaluate where you want to be, you must first determine your long term goals. What do you want out of you career move? financial reward, progression, enhanced education plans, better working environment? All of these things, and more, should be considered carefully before making any decision to send your CV to an employer. The more you know about where you want to be and how you plan to get there, the easier it will be to achieve those goals. These will all have an impact on your CV, interviews and potential employers suitability.
Below you will find some tips and advice to assist you on the recruitment road ahead, which will hopefully give you an advantage in securing your career goals.
We wish you every success in your search and the future and should you ever be in a position that you are looking to move, then we hope that you will contact us to assist you. Happy Job Hunting
GRADUATE TECHNICAL ASSISTANT
SALARY : £25,000
If you are an analytical enthusiast, with an eye for detail, creative mind and have an urge to grow and develop in a Manufacturing Environment, then this is the job for you.
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Graduate at a leading Construction Manufacturing company to grow and develop into a Technical Guru. They are offering training, coaching, development and progression with a long-term development plan for the next 10 years.
Benefits for the Graduate Technical Assistant include:
- Free on-site parking
- Training & development
- 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Surveillance assessments
- Discounts on corporate products
- Company social events
- Employee Recognition scheme
- Charity Fundraising opportunities
Key Duties for the Graduate Technical Assistant include:
- Becoming a Technical guru who can advise staff and customers on products
- Assisting development campaigns and product innovation
- Offering technically lead resolutions to the outcome of investigations you have conducted on technical issues
- Undertaking site inspections with the sales team
- Reporting major technical issues to managers and directors
- Providing technical information to support sales and customer service teams
The Graduate Technical Assistant should:
- Be a graduate with a minimum of a 2:2 degree, (Engineering, Construction or Business related)
- Have 5 A-C grades including English & Maths
- Be creative and innovative
- Be competent with Office Programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Be commercially minded
- Have a hunger to progress & develop
Don’t miss out on this opportunity. Apply today or call direct on 0121 321 4311 and ask for Sacha for more information.
Are you an experienced B2B Marketing Manager with Pan-European Marketing experience? Our client is a market leading business with a well-respected name in the building products industry. Based in Runcorn, this global business is looking to innovate and drive growth across all their routes to market. As Marketing Manager, you will be a key member of the European Leadership Team supporting the profitability and growth of European business. The role offers an excellent salary and benefits package.
Marketing Manager Duties:
- Provide support to GMs in each region and act as their key contact for marketing & communications
- Lead European marketing organization through dotted line responsibility for regional marketing leads
- Create plan, administer and manage marketing strategy in Europe to increase company’s European market share and overall sales in line with corporate goals & promotion strategy
- Oversee and approve European marketing communications materials, at the country level.
- Create European brand and marketing materials, where needed/appropriate
- Ensure consistency of approach to marketing of products and brand
- Develop and manage the European digital marketing strategy, cascading off of the global digital marketing strategy
- Oversee all European websites
- Maximise marketing & communication opportunities via sponsored events and organizations
- Approve and administer and European trade show calendar and messaging
Based in Northamptonshire, our client is a leading-edge engineering SME company that specialises in the manufacture of materials processing equipment and energy from waste power generation. As a highly innovative and progressive design and manufacturing company, it prides itself on developing advanced engineering solutions within the sustainable energy, energy from waste and the design and manufacture of waste materials processing equipment.
Founded over 35 years ago and still privately owned, our client’s engineering innovation has always been a fundamental part of their business. This has helped it to establish itself as a major player in its areas of expertise, namely:
o Design and manufacture of equipment for the food and rendering industry
o Processing waste into energy
o Renewable energy production
Mechanical Design Engineer Salary:
- £32,000 - £40,000 Dependent on Experience
- Health Plan
The Mechanical Design Engineer is a key role and will be accountable for ensuring the design and implementation of client projects for specialised processing and management of waste equipment, as well as providing engineering support to the on-site power plant equipment.
You will operate within a multi-disciplinary team to ensure that the successful implementation of detailed designs meets the highest standards of safety and regulatory compliance.
Mechanical Design Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Design and development of new project designs for external clients from conception through to successful completion. Additionally, contributing to internal projects for optimising waste energy performance relating to the on-site energy from waste power plant.
- Excellent design analysis, with the ability to work from first principles, translating design concepts into 3D CAD models (AutoCAD Inventor), ensuring full alignment with customer requirements.
- Liaising with design draughtsman for 2D drawing production, and equally producing 2D drawings when required.
- Working proactively with senior colleagues and liaising with manufacturing to ensure strict compliance to quality and design standards.
- Good communication with all stakeholders ensuring full compliance to designs and budgets.
- Identify and provide solutions that meet the highest levels of Health & Safety, Quality and Regulatory standards.
We are looking for a proactive and experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with a good knowledge of design of mechanical machinery and a good appreciation of:
- Mechanical equipment
- Sheet metal fabrication
- Pressure containing equipment
- Piping layouts
- General steel structures.
- Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate experience in these key areas.
As important is the ability to be a quick learner and the ability to analysis problems using engineering principals to perform basic calculations. Furthermore, you must have the ability to communicate initial design ideas and interpret engineering drawings to a high standard. A professionally qualified Mechanical Engineering Degree or Higher National Diploma would be advantageous coupled with five years’ experience in a related field.
The following key attributes are also essential:
- Proven experience in creating and maintaining CAD models and files (AutoCAD, Inventor)
- A hands-on approach, with the ability to liaise with workshop personnel in a manufacturing environment.
- A solid technical understanding of common computer operating systems and proficient use of MS Office applications
- A strong desire to work within a dynamic environment with exposure to a wide variety of projects and the chance to develop your career and broaden your skills and knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
Commutable from Northampton, Wellingborough, Kettering, Bedford, Milton Keynes
This is an opportunity for an experienced MIG and/or TIG Welder to join a growing organisation at an exciting period of change.
You will be welding a range of steel and aluminium fabrications at this successful manufacturer based between Worcester and Evesham.
- In return for your skills, the MIG/TIG Welder position offers a salary from £10 - £14 per hour depending on skills and experience.
- This is an opportunity to join this successful organisation at a time of growth and exciting period of change who work with a variety of UK based Industries.
- This is a days based role working Monday to Friday with a lunch time finish on Friday.
- The duties for the MIG/TIG Welder will include:
- Welding a range of steel and aluminium fabrications up to 12mm as part of a large team.
- Complete self inspections of both the raw material and finished products to ensure high quality control.
- To be successful in this MIG/TIG Welder role you will need to hold a relevant Welders certificate and have a minimum of 2 years industry experience.
- You will also be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and have the ability to work in a team.
An independent, family owned manufacturing organisation are now looking for a MATERIALS COORDINATOR.
The business has been established for over 100 years, and the beauty of their products, is they are supplied into all different types of industry sectors, such as food, Rubber, Pharmaceutical and chemical industries.
As their MATERIAL COORDINATOR, you will enjoy the benefits and stability of being part of a well-established organisation. No one does what they do!
Benefits for a Materials Coordinator:
- Salary : £19,000 - £21,000
- Stake Holder Pension
- 4.30pm Finish + 25 Days hols + Stats
Duties of a Materials Coordinator:
- Inspect incoming raw materials
- Oversee sampling operations
- Report deficiencies from sampling or inspection processes
- You will be the direct contact with raw material suppliers regarding certification issues
- Training of quality control and process plant personnel
Requirements of a Materials Coordinator:
- You will have relevant Materials Control experience from within manufacturing, ideally with warehousing and / or laboratory environment
- Knowledge of COSHH assessments
- Strong communicator
- A good level literacy and numeracy
- A natural team player
What are you waiting for? Send your CV ASAP.
MULTI SKILLED MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN / HOLDING ELECTRICAL AND MECHANICAL ABILITIES
INDUSTRY: PACKAGING ORGANISATION
We are actively recruiting for X3 Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician to join a Leading organisation based in the Liverpool locations.
Benefits for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician:
- Salary: £38,000
- Shift: Working A 3 Shift Rota - Morning / Afternoons / Nights
- 7% Pension
- 25+8 Days Holiday
Requirements for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician:
We are looking for this individual to hold the follow experience:
- Previous Experience within a Multi-Skilled maintenance Technician / Maintenance Electrician or Maintenance engineers role.
- Previous and proven experience within a Packaging / Manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience with PLC’s Siemens S5 - Fault finding abilities, Hydraulics & Pneumatics, Automated Robotics, Automated packaging machinery, Conveyor systems.
- Experience with PM/TPM/CI
- To hold good problem-solving skills
- Good Communications Skills is key
- Ability to working fast-paced environment
- Very proactive and a can-do attitude
- We are looking for this individual to hold an Electrical / mechanical apprenticeship
- Holding an HNC/HND in electrical or mechanical engineering
If the details look of interest and you hold the experience required, please send your CV ASAP.
Who We Are
Probe UK is a leading technical engineering recruitment consultancy that specialises in all aspects of the engineering sector. From aeronautical and automotive engineering to precision engineering, manufacturing and technical designers, we have worked for clients from all spectrums of the engineering and design industry in sourcing the perfect candidates.
Probe provided me with valuable assistance and advice when I was searching for a new role. It was a pleasure working with them, I cannot recommend them highly enough. I found their approach honest, reliable and he totally understood what I was looking for, something which isn't always the case with recruiters. I would not hesitate to contact Probe in the future if my circumstances changed