Probe secure new jobs for hundreds of people every year. We have the expertise to advise you in all areas of your job search, whether you're starting a job, leaving a job or thinking about your next step along your career path. Whatever you are looking for we are here & willing to help so we hope you will find some useful information in this section that helps you get the job you are looking for and succeed in building a better future for yourself.
Career planning is an important part of everyone's life and is not something that should be taken lightly. There are many reasons why people look for new jobs - salary, unrest, difficult staff members, lack of progression, environment, etc. Whatever the reason for changing your career take time to research your reasons and ensure that your actions are in line with your long term objectives.
In order to evaluate where you want to be, you must first determine your long term goals. What do you want out of you career move? financial reward, progression, enhanced education plans, better working environment? All of these things, and more, should be considered carefully before making any decision to send your CV to an employer. The more you know about where you want to be and how you plan to get there, the easier it will be to achieve those goals. These will all have an impact on your CV, interviews and potential employers suitability.
Below you will find some tips and advice to assist you on the recruitment road ahead, which will hopefully give you an advantage in securing your career goals.
We wish you every success in your search and the future and should you ever be in a position that you are looking to move, then we hope that you will contact us to assist you. Happy Job Hunting
We are seeking to recruit a proven Maintenance Electrician to join a leading global design and engineering company to assist both Engineering and Production by ensuring minimum downtime on all items of Plant and Machinery.
Benefits for a Maintenance Electrician:
Along with a negotiable salary around the £34,000 mark (D.O.E) the company also offer:
- An Attendance Bonus @ 5.5% of Basic Salary
- 22 Days Holiday
- Overtime Paid @ 1.5 rate
- Euro Holidays Paid
- Occupational Health Service Provided
Requirements of a Maintenance Electrician:
- For the position of Maintenance Electrician, you will need to hold a minimum of an ONC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and four years’ experience after completion of apprenticeship.
- You must be able to understand hydraulic and pneumatic systems and be able to read schematic drawings and have experience of PLC’s.
- It is also beneficial if you are experienced in the use of Machine Tools-Lathe / Milling Machine / Surface Grinder.
Some duties for the role of Maintenance Electrician may include:
- Respond quickly and efficiently to all breakdowns, considering production priorities
- To visit all Plant Services on a shift basis, taking readings and carrying out any proposed remedial action to any problem listed
- To be trained as required to be able to service and maintain all Plant systems and machines
- Ensure the smooth running of the stores by completing all paperwork when using spares
This role of Maintenance Electrician is commutable from Northampton, Peterborough, Leicester and Northampton
We have an excellent opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to join a UK service team covering the South Midlands area. You will be undertaking comprehensive technical support of Aerial Work Platforms.
Benefits for a Field Service Engineer:
- In return you will be joining a Market Leading Organisation within the AWP sector
- The salary is between £30,000 - £35,000 Depending on Experience
- Company Vehicle
- Excellent Additional Benefits Including Pension and Private Healthcare
The Role of a Field Service Engineer:
- In the role of Field Service Engineer, you will be inspecting, servicing and repairing AWP machinery equipment at customer premises to a LOLER standard.
- This is a Days based position working Monday - Friday.
The Requirements of a Field Service Engineer:
- To be considered for the Field Service Engineer position you will need to hold a relevant Engineering qualification and have experience in maintenance of Aerial Work Platform equipment.
- You will need to be IPAF trained will ideally be qualified with a CAP certificate.
If you are interested, please submit your CV ASAP.
This Manufacturing Administrator role is a Full-Time contract role for approx. 4 months - This could turn into a Permanent Position! It offers: Accrued holiday, pension canteen facilities and Free Parking. You will be working for a global leader and be part of a fabulous team! If it does turn into a permanent post – the benefits are outstanding!!
As the Manufacturing Administrator - you will be working for a very well-established business who are Global and are a leader in their field! They are a growing / expanding business who have an outstanding reputation for Excellence and Quality in their product and customer service.
Benefits package for the Manufacturing Administrator contract role:
- Accrued Holiday
- Accrued pension
- Canteen facilities
- Free Parking
As the Manufacturing Administrator, your duties will include:
- A large amount of customer interaction - face to face and electronic
- Arranging site visits for customers and co-ordinating diaries for internal and external attendees
- Arrangement of travel bookings for the members of the team
- Provide comprehensive Administration support for the senior management team, incl. booking meetings, taking and distributing minutes
- Logging all quotations, orders, dispatches and invoice requests onto database
- Arranging shipments to customers
- Provide customer quotations based on requirements
I would be very keen to speak with you if you have:
- Previous experience as a Manufacturing Administrator or similar
- Experience in a Manufacturing environment would be a large
- Have a good working knowledge of computer software, programme and application
- You must possess good business acumen
- You must have Excellent communication skills
- Confident and Personable
To find out more about this fabulous opportunity, please send your CV ASAP.
This is an excellent opportunity with a leading manufacturing of advanced process technology company, who have a rich, well-established background. They have sites here in the UK and overseas
The company's strength lies in its process expertise, engineering excellence and the ability to fully support customers worldwide. The service is complete - from design through installation and commissioning to lifetime support.
- £40,000 - £45,000 plus employee benefits
- Develop the product range to ensure competitive position of machines
- Issue machines and ancillary equipment to contract, produce factory layouts complete with services and installation information
- Provide assistance to Sales and Customer Services departments on technical offering to ensure smooth contract execution
- Identify risks and put in place plans to maintain cost and schedule
- Maintain modular product structure for product range
- Product leadership and ensure specified solution is implemented within the agreed schedule and costs, manage priorities to ensure project schedules are maintained
- Ensure accurate drawings and parts lists are produced in accordance with company’s standards and quality procedures, to ensure compliance with CAD best practices
- Ensure compliance of the equipment with legislation (e.g. EC Directives)
- Maintain and update drawings and parts lists, and completion of change requests, work with suppliers to ensure applications are fully and reliably implemented
- Undertake calculations for design work, both on contracts and development projects, brief field engineers and visit site when necessary
- A highly motivated, confident and dedicated professional, currently in a key role within a design team
- Competent in the use of 3D design and ERP business systems
- An innovative engineer with an analytical approach to problem solving
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent experience level in Engineering
- Able to work alone or as a member of a design team
- Good communication skills, good PC literacy skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Able to travel both within the UK and throughout the world
Essential Experience Required:
- Experienced designer of low volume / bespoke industrial machinery
- Good 3D CAD design experience using NX, Solidworks, Inventor or similar
- Modelling machined components, fabricated parts, sheet metal and assemblies
- Good drafting experience of machined components, fabrications and assembly drawings
- Good knowledge of different manufacturing methods, their benefits and limitations
- Good level of PC Literacy - Windows, MS Office, Outlook etc
- Willing and able to occasionally travel to customer / supplier sites in the UK and Worldwide
- Motivated, confident and professional with good communication skills, experience of working on multiple projects concurrently, prioritising tasks accordingly, good attention to detail, cost and quality in particular
- Able to select suitable materials, with a good appreciation of the benefits and limitations of each
Commutable From: Peterborough, Stamford, Oakham, Wisbech, Corby, Kettering
SENIOR INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER - SERVICE DELIVERY
A leading, British-based technology company.
Software (SaaS) and hardware vendor
- Salary : £45,000 - £50,000
- 25 Days Holiday
- Life Assurance
- Career Development Opportunities
- The Senior infrastructure engineer will manage internal IT systems which internal staff use
- Manage external IT systems which clients use - this will involve some client facing work
- Design, build and management of server infrastructure (Linux, Web, Database, Application, Storage and Networking)
- Working on call 1 week out of 4 remotely
- Based on site in Birmingham
If you think you have the relevant skills and experience to succeed as a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, then please send us your CV.
As a Maintenance Electrician you will be joining a large, International heavy industry organisation based in the West Midlands. You will be joining an established maintenance team to undertake reactive and breakdown maintenance on automated machinery. You will be working on a 3 shift rotating pattern (Monday to Friday).
In return you will be joining a Maintenance team within an International Organisation that can offer:
- Career Progression and Development of your Engineering skills.
- The salary is up to £35,000 DOE including Shift Allowance
- Paid Overtime
- An Annual bonus
- Excellent Company Pension Scheme
- In the role of Maintenance Electrician, you will be undertaking both planned and reactive maintenance tasks to plant machinery across the facility as part of an Engineering team.
- You will be fault finding on PLCs and drives.
- You will also be involved in contributing to continuous improvement processes and the implementation of the preventative maintenance programme.
- This is a fantastic role if you are looking for development as there is the opportunity to work on a wide variety of heavy industry machinery in this position.
- To be considered for this Maintenance Electrician position you will need to hold a relevant Electrical Engineering qualification such as City & Guilds.
- You must also be able to demonstrate experience of working within a Maintenance role supporting plant and equipment within a manufacturing or production environment including fault finding on PLCs.
- You also need to have an in-depth knowledge of Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
I would be keen to speak with Multi skilled Maintenance Engineers who hold Electrical qualification, Electrical Engineers, or Heavy Industry Electricians.
If you are interested please submit your CV or, if you would like some more information regarding this position please send your CV ASAP.
Who We Are
Probe UK is a leading technical engineering recruitment consultancy that specialises in all aspects of the engineering sector. From aeronautical and automotive engineering to precision engineering, manufacturing and technical designers, we have worked for clients from all spectrums of the engineering and design industry in sourcing the perfect candidates.
Probe provided me with valuable assistance and advice when I was searching for a new role. It was a pleasure working with them, I cannot recommend them highly enough. I found their approach honest, reliable and he totally understood what I was looking for, something which isn't always the case with recruiters. I would not hesitate to contact Probe in the future if my circumstances changed