4 Derbyshire Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
Do you have experience as a Technical Assistant within the Construction Industry or do you have a degree or similar qualification within Construction or Engineering or similar? Are you looking to stay with a company and develop through to Management / Director level? Are you looking for a great salary and fantastic Benefits? Then what are you waiting for?? Apply for this job!!!
As the Technical Assistant - you will be working for one of the leading constriction organisations in the UK, and known for an outstanding product.
The duties for the Technical Assistant will include:
- Advising customers and staff on use of company products
- Conducting Investigations into Technical issues, communicating with customers, factories and staff, providing a technically lead solutio
- Providing Technical information to support Sales and Customer Service
- Undertaking site inspections out in the field to assist the Sales Team
- Assist with product innovation and development campaigns
I would be very excited to speak with you if you have:
- Previous experience as a Technical Assistant – this would be amazing!
- The skills and knowledge to match the duties above!
- A degree (or similar qualification) within Construction, Engineering or similar
- Ability to Read Technical drawings
- Awareness and Knowledge of building regulations and NHBC standards
- Experience with Product Development
- Experience of adhering to Quality and Environmental Policies
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Confident, Energetic and enthusiastic personality!
Benefits package for the Technical Assistant:
- 31 days holiday (incl 8 Bank hols) (increasing to 33 with service)
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Child Care Vouchers
- Free Parking
To find out more about this fabulous opportunity, please contact Louise Frost at Probe Business Services - firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking to recruit a proven Service Engineer to join our customer service support team across the UK and EIRE (nights away will be required in the week).
As a Service Engineer you will be required to report to the Service Manager installing a range of machines and bar feeds along with breakdown repairs and machine maintenance.
Duties may include:
- Pre-Delivery Inspection
- Customer Telephone Support
- Breakdown Repairs
- Machine Maintenance & Servicing
- You must be qualified Mechanically or Electrically i.e. NVQ / Apprenticeship / City & Guilds and have previous experience as a Field Service Engineer or Service Engineer.
- You must have experience working on multi axis CNC lathes and Fanuc control systems are very much desirable.
- You must also be experience with diagnostic fault finding and be able to work with basic pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- If you have had experience with sliding head this would be great however it is not essential as training will be provided.
Benefits include a salary which is negotiable dependant on your experience and ranges from £25,000-£35,000
Annual leave of 25 days
Life Assurance 3x Salary
Private Health Care for you and dependants
Excellent Bonus Quarterly (in your contract paid each quarter).
This role is commutable from anywhere in the UK, however head office is commutable from Chesterfield, Nottingham, Derby, Burton upon Trent and Stoke on Trent.
We are seeking to recruit a proven Maintenance Fitter to join our plant Maintenance and Production team to support our operation within the Midlands region. As a Maintenance Fitter you will be required to undertake planned and reactive maintenance tasks throughout our facility and improve and maintain plant reliability.
Skills and Requirements:
- You must be qualified Mechanically i.e. NVQ / Apprenticeship / City & Guilds and hold experience as a Fitter / Engineer, we would be interested in talking to Maintenance Engineers as well.
- You must have a Maintenance ability having gained your experience of supporting plant within a heavy engineering environment such as chemical processing, oil refineries, quarrying, recycling, power generation, steel works or within a heavy plant overhaul support organisation.
- Support planned shutdowns, absence, holiday cover for the fitting team/ production ops team
- Ensure efficient operation of plant and minimise down time
- Reduction in mean time to repair (MTTR)
- Assist quality control of product
- Root cause analysis to ensure plant reliability
- Salary is negotiable dependant on your experience and ranges from £32,000 - £36,000
- Plenty of Scope for Overtime
- Plus Annual Leave
- Shift Pattern of 5 on, 5 off, 4 on 4 off, 5 on, 5 offs, between 06:00 - 18:00hrs & 18:00 - 06:00 rotating days and nights
This role is commutable from Leicester, Tamworth, Hinckley, Burton upon Trent and Loughborough
This worldwide company is synonymous with producing innovative equipment and are world leaders within their niche industry. With 40 plus years behind them, they continue to be at the forefront of their field and are continually growing.
The business also offers excellent, realistic opportunities for career development and progression.
Reporting to the Senior Projects Engineer, client is looking for the expertise of a proven Project Manager, to work within their busy Projects department.
The successful candidate will have engineering qualifications, a positive attitude, be self-motivated and be willing to travel worldwide when necessary.
- The Project Managers main role is to provide support to the sales company to ensure all proposals are technically correct, commercially viable as well as being thoroughly planned and executed.
- The Project Manager will be the main point of contact for an overseas sales office and therefore represent the UK Design centre whilst dealing with a diverse range of matters and enquiries.
- As a key member of staff you will be able to work independently with minimal supervision. The post will include taking responsibility for a broad range of major and minor engineering projects with tasks varying from initial project estimation and tender submission, through to final contract negotiation and project design. The post will also include supporting the staff of localised sales / manufacturing facilities in relation to any issues that may occur on existing equipment already in operation.
- Direct interaction and liaison is expected with the overseas sales office and also with all departments within the UK organisation including Design, Technical, Manufacturing, and Sales. A responsibility for direct sales activity with customers and sub-contractors would also be necessary.
- The Project Manager will have engineering qualifications, a positive attitude, be self-motivated and be willing to travel worldwide when necessary.
- The applicant must be proficient in AutoCAD and also have a good general skill level in Microsoft Office components. An understanding in 3D modelling (Solidworks) could also be beneficial but not essential.
Package and Benefits:
- Salary £35,000 - £45,000 dependant on experience, plus performance bonus
- Any experience of tunnelling, quarrying, mining, heavy engineering projects or similar would be highly advantageous
- Opportunities for global travel
- 10% employer contributed pension, with 0% required from employee
- Private medical cover (currently with Bupa) on completion of the probationary period
- 33 days holiday
- The possibility of joining a company with a great staff retention record - average years’ service being 12 years
Commutable From: Sheffield, Chesterfield, Nottingham, Derby, Worksop, Newark, Mansfield