14 Derbyshire Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
A Senior Contracts Manager is required to join a continually growing, reputable Structural Steel company on a permanent basis. With an ability to see a project through from start to finish, the suitable Candidate will be responsible for managing all contracts for which they are responsible; negotiating sub-contract orders, monitoring sub-contracted work, as well as, start to finish project planning, costing and performing site visits and quantity surveys.
Benefits for the Contracts Manager:
- Company phone
- Company laptop
- Permanent position
- Autonomy over workload
- A negotiable salary
Essential Skills of the Contracts Manager:
- Project / Contract managing experience > 5 years
- Engineering background in Rail
- Experience working with Structural steel
- An ability to understand complex contracts
- IT literate
- Ability to perform Quantity Surveys on Steelwork confidently
- Reading Engineer drawings involving steel
- Full understanding of Network Rail rules & procedures
- Full UK Driving license
- Subcontractors experience would be advantageous
This exciting opportunity Is suitable for candidates who are organised, structured, and capable of meeting deadlines as well as overcoming challenges. Although predominantly office based, travelling to sites will be required. Commutable from Nottingham, Derby, Loughborough, Burton on Trent. Apply Today or contact Sacha on 01213214311 for more information.
If you are an analytical, driven, pro-active Production Engineer who has experience in driving change, problem solving and working alongside New Product Engineers to implement new products, then carry on reading. A rare opportunity at a people focused, global manufacturer has arisen for Production Engineer to join the Production Department reporting to the Operations Support Manager on a full time, permanent basis.
Benefits for the successful Production Engineer:
- A Permanent Days role with Early Friday Finish
- A performance related annual bonus
- Generous company matches pension
- Onsite parking
- Onsite canteen facilities
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
Roles & Responsibilities for the successful Production Engineer:
- Involvement in New Production Introduction, implementation into production lines
- Involvement in continuous improvement activities and problem solving using 8D
- Driving and improve KPIs within production and quality
- Implement and oversee IT improvement initiatives across site
- Interpret and present production and quality data throughout organisation
- Engineering background within Manufacturing environment
- Degree or HNC Educated with minimum 3 years’ experience within a similar role
- Electromechanical background with experience of automated assembly management and production IT systems
- Proactive engineer with an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and colleagues
- Experience with 8D problem solving methodology and proven experienced analytically
- Experience driving change in Manufacturing environments
Commutable from Derby, Belper, Ripley, Alfreton, Ashbourne, and surrounding locations. Apply today to not miss out on this opportunity.
Probe Technical Recruitment is currently recruiting for an Electrical Panel Wireman to join a unique Manufacturer on a day shift with hours of work 7.30am – 4pm. As a Panel Wireman you will need to hold strong practical skills as you will be responsible for efficient and accurate wiring of control panels and fixtures, including point-to-point wiring and cable
- Along with a salary of £26,364, the role of Panel Wireman offers an excellent pension scheme, private health scheme, overtime rates paid at time and a half and 33 days holiday.
Duties of Panel Wireman:
- Panel Wiring to Schematic diagrams
- Lay out electrical components to the design wiring diagrams.
- Responsible for the quality control of work. Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Complete daily production logs. (Time sheets)
- Cable preparation, routing, ire preparation, crimping and soldering for point-to-point wiring and cable assemblies
You must have experience within a manufacturing environment, this role will also involve working at heights and in confined spaces.
Probe Technical Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Fitter / Assembler to join a unique Manufacturer on a day shift with hours of work 7.30am – 4pm. As an Assembler / Fitter you will report to the Team Leader and be responsible for achieving immediate and short-term objectives laid down by the Production Manager, such as output, quality, waste, yield, safety.
Benefits for a Mechanical Fitter:
- Along with an hourly rate of £10.50, the role of Mechanical Fitter offers an excellent pension scheme, private health scheme, overtime rates paid at time and a half and 33 days holiday.
Duties of a Mechanical Fitter:
- Mechanical and / or electrical assembly work.
- Responsible for quality control. Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Operating steel worker and copper punching and bending machinery once suitably trained.
- Operate forklift to maintain raw material supply for the production line. (If qualified).
- Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use.
- Liaising with the Production Manager to maintain department production, quality and ISO9000 standards.
Requirements of a Mechanical Fitter:
- Assist in repair and maintenance work (if qualified).
- Provide on-the-job training to new employees.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery
- Will involve work in confined spaces and at a height
A reputable Steel Fabrication Company require an experienced Site Steel Erector to join the team to help fulfil a full order book in various sites based around the UK on a contracting basis.
The role would be perfect for site steel erector looking for long term Site work positions.
Benefits for the Site Steel Erector:
- Negotiable hourly rate
- Long term contracting due to a full order book
- Paid lodging
- Daily Meal Allowance
- Transport to and from site
- Short periods of lodging (4 or 5 nights) at any one time, when away
Reporting to the Site Supervisor the site steel erector:
- Must hold a CSCS steel Erector card
- Must Have experience Steel Erecting on different types of sites
- Should Ideally have PTS training (not essential)
- Must work well alone & in a team
- Must be flexible
Applications welcome from Junior Steel Erectors also; who may have experience as a steel erectors mate. Must be a reasonably commutable distance to Derby for Transport to and from site
Please send your CV ASAP.
We are seeking to recruit a proven Maintenance Electrician to support a medium size Maintenance team within a Heavy Industry Environment. Our client is well established and is a successful and expanding business manufacturing high integrity and high-volume products for a worldwide customer base
Benefits for a Maintenance Electrician:
- The salary for the role of Maintenance Electrician is £30,000 depending on experience plus OT, pension etc. The shift pattern of the role is double days with hours of work being 6-2/1-9.
Requirements of a Maintenance Electrician:
Ideally the Maintenance Electrician will have experience supporting kit from a Heavy Environment including, Cranes, Overhead Cranes, Pumps, Motors, Drives, Control Panels, Furnaces and Hydraulics/ Pneumatics. The ideal candidate must hold:
- 18th Edition City & Guilds desirable (17th is a must)
- Electrical Bias
- Apprenticeship or equivalent in Electrical Engineering – HNC/ ONC/ Degree/ NVQ
This Maintenance Electrician role is commutable from Alfreton, Nottingham, Derby, Loughborough and Newark-on-Trent.
If you are an experienced Plater Welder apply today!
A reputable Fabrication Company require an experienced Plater Welder to join to the team to help fulfil growing work orders.
The role would be perfect for an experienced Plater Welder who is looking for long term work.
Benefits for the Plater Welder:
- Opportunities to do overtime in the workshop
- Negotiable Salary
- Long term - permanent position, with large work orders
- Free parking on site
- Overalls and protective equipment supplied
Reporting to the Production Manager the Plater Welder would be required to:
- Assist with Production
- Weld with a variety of materials mainly Steel
- Self-Check Quality of Welding and Plating work
Must be an experienced Plater Welder, experienced with working with Steels.
Commutable from Nottingham, Derby, Burton and surrounds.
Please send CV ASAP.
With nearly 40 years of experience, this is an established business with a proven track record of delivering high quality engineering solutions to a wide range of customer and projects across the world.
The Company specialises in design, manufacture, installation and aftercare. From simple fabrications, to the more complex, demanding projects that require a high level of engineering expertise.
An experienced Mechanical Design Engineer is required to join an existing, successful team. Ideally qualified to Degree, HND or time served as a mechanical engineer, you must have experience of using SolidWorks (including animations on SolidWorks) and AutoCAD, backed up with a sound mechanical engineering knowledge and familiarity with standards libraries, knowledge of tolerancing and welding symbols to ISO standards.
What’s on Offer:
- Salary is negotiable - they will create the right package for someone with the right experience
- Sensible working hours Monday to Friday 8.00am – 5pm but flexibility is required
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Opportunity for progression and ongoing training
- Free on-site parking
- Complimentary hot drinks on tap!
- Dealing directly with clients around the world via electronic means and face to face
- Design of machinery and parts for new and existing projects
- Creating bill of materials
- Problem solving as part of a team, to overcome design challenges
- Briefing the in-house manufacturing team and working closely with external partners to deliver exceptional engineering solutions
- Working with and creating documentation for maintenance and ongoing operation as well as normal risk assessments and method statements
- Overseeing installations on site with clients
- Design to FAT/SAT (involved in every stage)
- You must have SolidWorks and AutoCAD experience, with strong mechanical engineering exposure
- Ideally qualified to Degree, HND or time served as a mechanical engineer
- You must work well as part of their talented in-house team and be able to cope under pressure
- Willing to travel in the UK and potentially worldwide
- Be able to write well and explain things clearly
- Must have great attention to detail
- FEA analysis advantageous
- Mechanical knowledge of motors, drives and gearboxes advantageous
Commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Heanor, Ilkeston, Hucknall, Long Eaton, Sutton in Ashfield, Loughborough
Probe Technical Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer/ Assembler for a company within the packaging industry.
Benefits for a Mechanical Maintenance Assembler:
- Along with a competitive hourly rate of £10.50 p/h, the company operate a day shift with working hours 8.00am - 4.30pm Monday - Friday, although some flexibility is required during busy periods. Great Pension and Holiday.
Duties of a Mechanical Maintenance Assembler:
- Manual assembly of packaging machinery and assemblies
- Pneumatic system assembly (experience dependent)
- Electrical wiring of equipment (experience dependent)
- Equipment diagnostics, repair and commissioning
Requirements of a Mechanical Maintenance Assembler:
- Good knowledge of maintenance engineering principles
- Ability to use various hand tools e.g. screwdrivers, spanners, Allen keys, drills and taps
- Understanding of electrical and pneumatic systems would be advantageous
- Basic understanding of PLCs (but not essential)
- Ability to diagnose faults
- Wire stripping and crimping
- Basic testing/inspection of equipment
The role of Mechanical Maintenance Assembler is commutable from Nottingham, Loughborough, Burton on Trent and Derby.
PROJECT MANAGER / CONTRACT MANAGER
A Contract / Project Manager is required to join a continually growing, reputable structural company. With an ability to see a project through from start to finish, the suitable Candidate will be responsible for managing all contracts for which they are responsible; negotiating sub-contract orders, monitoring sub-contracted work, as well as, start to finish project planning, costing and performing site visits and surveys.
Benefits for the Project Manager:
- Company car
- Company phone
- Permanent position
- Autonomy over workload
- A negotiable £50,000 annual salary
Essential Skills of a Project Manager:
- Project / Contract managing experience > 5 years
- Experience working with steel
- An ability to understand contracts
- CSCS Card
- IT literate
Desirable (not essential) Skills for a Project Manager:
- Previous Experience working with Railway Contracts
- PTS Trained
This exciting opportunity Is suitable for candidates who are organised, structured and capable of meeting deadlines as well as overcoming challenges.
Commutable from Nottingham, Derby, Loughborough, Burton on Trent.
Apply Today ASAP.
We are seeking to recruit a proven Maintenance Technician to join an innovative manufacturer in the East Midlands.
Benefits for a Maintenance Technician:
- Along with a competitive salary my client also offers:
- 24 + 8 Days Holiday
- Company Pension
- Employee Discounts
- Life Assurance
- Close Links to the Motorway
As a Maintenance Technician you will be reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader and carry out the necessary tasks to achieve the objectives of the Engineering Maintenance Team.
Some duties for the role of Maintenance Technician may include:
- Carry out planned maintenance activities in order to facilitate the move from breakdown to planned Maintenance onsite.
- Undergo further training for either plant equipment or engineering tools changes and assist in the training of new personnel where necessary.
- Assist in site inspection/testing activities as required, within own area of competence.
- You will need to possess the relevant electrical qualifications and fundamental Engineering Mechanical knowledge.
- You will ideally be Apprentice trained in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering and must be IT Literate.
This role of Maintenance Technician is commutable from Derby, Mansfield and Chesterfield areas.
This is a family business where changing people’s lives through the products that they design, manufacture and install is a daily occurrence. With 35 years’ experience under their belt, they are a leading provider in the UK, a market leader in Europe and have a presence in many other countries worldwide.
Based at their ISO9001 accredited, purpose-built manufacturing facility in Derbyshire, they believe the future success and growth of their business is inextricably linked to the introduction of innovative, high quality solutions.
Building on an impressive history, they are continuing their successful growth strategy with the recruitment of a UK Sales Team Manager.
Salary and Benefits:
- Company Car
- 31 Days Holiday
- Life Insurance
- Reporting to the Head of UK Sales and Customer Engagement, the UK Sales Team Manager will be responsible for managing the internal telesales and external sales teams. Leading the field-based team and managing the Office Sales Manager to create a streamlined customer centric sales experience.
- Providing strong leadership with a high focus on delivering great customer service and the achievement of maximum profitability and growth, in line with the company vision and values. Managing change and strategies to nurture and grow the customer base whilst maintaining a well-functioning and collaborative team.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategic sales plan across the field and office teams for the B2C division
- Generate sustainable sales growth against set company targets. Responsible for the recruitment, induction and development of the Field Sales Team and the Sales Office Manager
- Carry out quarterly visits to each Regional Assessment Specialist delivering training, development, coaching and support (2 per month). Support the Sales Office Manager through regular coaching and mentoring
- Ensure all performance management targets (KPIs, Operational Standards) are met across the B2C team
- Monitor & develop the technical capabilities of the Field Sales Team to improve customer satisfaction and efficiencies
- Work closely with Marketing to increase enquiries and the conversion rate of enquiry to sale, effective target setting with close analytical reporting for all team members
- Create a cohesive one team approach through regular communication and meetings, monthly reporting to outline results and highlight opportunities and issues
- You must have a consultative / home assessment / home-based sales, B2C type background or management experience of a consultative sales team
- The Sales Team Manager will have a proven background in the management of internal & external sales teams and the development of their overall performance
- A motivational leader, not just a manager, with experience in recruiting, leading, coaching and performance managing field and office sales teams; preferably in a service provision industry sector
- You will have a formal educational background, be that a degree or further learning, understanding the difference between management and leadership and possess excellent communication skills – both formal and informal, with Employees, Management and Customers
Commutable from Derby, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Nottingham, Mansfield, Worksop, Newark