11 Derbyshire Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
8am – 5pm Monday – Thursday and 8am – 4pm Friday
Up to £35K DOE + PENSION + COMPETITVE HOLIDAY DAYS + GREAT CAREER PROSPECTS
Are you an experienced Quality Assurance Manager with a qualification or background in Concrete Technology?
A large and growing company in the Burton Upon Trent area is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to join their team due to an expansion. They have just expanded their facility and are therefore looking to increase their team size to accommodate their larger output. With a high retention rate, this company is a very stable and secure job.
- Lead, manage and co-ordinate the continuous improvement programme within the Company to meet the business goals and objectives
- To test, record, report and analyse quality issues
- Work in conjunction with the Production, Technical and Sales teams on quality issues to reduce customer complaints
- Provide appropriate support to the Operations Director and Technical Director
- Collation of test data and completion of the quality action report
- The Quality Assurance Manager must have a qualification in concrete technology
- Knowledge of concrete technology
- Knowledge of recognised Quality Tools and Techniques and exposure to recognised Quality Standards such as ISO9001
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Extensive experience within manufacturing / construction industry
- Competitive Salary – Up to £35k DOE
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Job Security at a large company
- Competitive Holiday Days
- Great working environment
- Early finish on a Friday
- Great career prospects
This vacancy is commutable from Derby, Uttoxeter, Lichfield, Tamworth and other surrounding areas.
Interviews are available immediately for successful candidates
Please feel free to have a confidential chat on the details below. What are you waiting for?
Probe Technical Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Fitter for a company within the Heavy Engineering Industry that are unique. Along with a competitive salary, the company operate a day shift with working hours 7am – 3.30pm.
Duties of a Maintenance Fitter:
Please look at the information below regarding the role, duties will include but not limited to:
- The diagnosis, location and rectification of all mechanical faults on site, including pneumatic, hydraulic systems
- Responding to emergency situations in a timely and effective manner
- Plan out work and display initiative and common sense
- Adhere to current Safe Systems of Work, lock off and permit to work procedures
- Carry out all tasks in accordance with company Quality systems, hygiene standards and safe working practices
Requirements of a Maintenance Fitter:
- The company will require you to have an NVQ / City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering or Apprentice trained.
They will also look at talking too Maintenance Engineers or Mechanical Fitters for this role.
The role for a Maintenance Fitter is commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Mansfield and Chesterfield.
Probe Technical Recruitment is looking to recruit a Service Technician to join a company in Derby who deal with equipment which includes tubes and pipes who are a tier one and tier two supplier to Aerospace, Dairy, Beverage plant piping, and Pharmaceutical. We will also be looking to talk to Service Engineers or Field Service Engineers that want to travel around less. The purpose of the role is to support service operations in a practical and technical role for the service, repair and maintenance of customer owned equipment; including preparation and testing of equipment for sales, rental and loan. You will be based at the head office in Derby where once a month you will be required to travel to Ireland for a few days to service equipment from customers over there.
- Maintain an efficient and organised service area keeping a detailed and accurate daily record of work performed for entry and compilation of service reports, calibration records, repair quotes and sales orders as required.
- Liaise with customers and colleagues as required to ensure a prompt and timely response to meet the needs of the customer, this may include providing repair and parts quotations, quote follow up, expediting purchase orders for the same, providing technical assistance and advice etc.
- Manufacture of small parts and assemblies for service, application and ‘special projects’ as required.
Other duties from time to time may include:
- Assist with design, development, manufacture and test of new and ‘special’ products as required.
- Processing of deliveries and shipments related to purchase orders, sales orders and stock handling as required.
The Skills Required:
- The ideal candidate will hold a formal apprenticeship in Engineering or equivalent HNC/ City & Guilds / NVQ.
- A mechanical bias with basic electrical knowledge
- A background within tooling is ideal.
- If you have had any exposure to welding this is beneficial.
The Return on offer:
- The company offer a salary of £30,000, 20 days + 8 Bank holiday, company pension, and bonus scheme, a company van is provided for any travelling needed in the UK.
This role is commutable from Derby, Nottingham or Burton upon Trent.
We are currently seeking to employ a Technical Writer to work at our clients Technical / Design office based in Derbyshire. This will be a permanent position to which they are looking to fill as soon as possible. The position advertised will be working within their existing Manual Department creating and developing the Operation, Installation, Maintenance and Spare Parts Manuals that are included in the Scope of Supply for every machine that is sold by the companies group worldwide.
The successful candidate will be part of a team that is responsible for preparing all of the product manuals that client supplies to its customers. These manuals usually accompany very high value equipment and therefore form a very important part of the initial supply. Their clients use the supplied manuals to understand the basic operations of the equipment, to gain information on routine maintenance requirements, trouble shooting and the ordering of spare parts. It is essential the manuals are produced to an exceptionally high standard and are presented in a format that is easy to comprehend.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Drawing Office Manager and must be willing to work as both part of a small team and also independently utilising their own initiative when required.
- Organize and write high quality documents that are easy to understand. This may also include photographs, drawings, diagrams, animations, and charts.
- Co-ordinate the relationship between text and graphics to make content more comprehensible, develop and adapt contemporary methods of manual presentation.
- Liaise with internal departments to utilise practical manufacturing and assembly experiences to improve the procedural aspects of the company product manuals.
- Ensure all information contained in the manual is correct at time of creation, implement any necessary processes and work flows that may improve efficiency.
- Liaise with the UK Technical Department to ensure all technical matters and legal codes where applicable are adhered to.
- Ensure any contractual delivery dates are achieved to eliminate costly penalties, ensure that manuals are retrospectively updated to match any changes that may happen to equipment in the field.
- Manage any 3rd party that may be engaged for language translations.
- Previous technical writing experience, industry knowledge preferred, but is not essential
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Willingness to learn the business and its product range, this may include time spent on the shop floor and also visits to job sites.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision (once established).
- A competent level of design skills. Competent with a wide range of software including AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Framemaker, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Have a systematic and disciplined approach to work; able to plan, schedule and monitor own work.
- Able to deliver consistently high levels of work within limited and defined timelines.
- Excellent communication skills with staff at all levels - verbal and written.
Hours and Package:
- Salary circa £25,000 plus, dependent on experience, plus a fantastic company bonus
- Contracted hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm (30-minute lunch, 12:30pm - 1:00pm)
- Fantastic company bonus scheme
- 10% employer contributed pension, with 0% required from employee
- Private medical cover (currently with Bupa) on completion of the probationary period
- 33 days holiday
- The possibility of joining a company with a great staff retention record - average years’ service being 13 years
Commutable from Derby, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Nottingham, Mansfield, Worksop
Client is a family business where changing people’s lives through the products that they design, manufacture and install is a daily occurrence. With 35 years’ experience under their belt, they are a leading provider in the UK, a market leader in Europe and have a presence in many other countries worldwide.
Based at their ISO9001 accredited, purpose-built manufacturing facility in Derbyshire, they believe the future success and growth of their business is inextricably linked to the introduction of innovative, high quality solutions.
They are now recruiting an additional Design Engineer to work within a focused Research & Development team, capable of taking the lead on your own projects whilst contributing to those of your colleagues through collaborative and cross functional working.
You will have proven experience of developing products from idea through to production prototype whilst fully considering design for manufacture and assembly.
Candidates at various stages of their career development will be considered, but full project experience is a pre-requisite.
- Degree or equivalent Qualifications in Product Design / Mechanical Engineering or related subject
- You will have a mechanical engineering background, with strong experience in the design and development of mechanical structures and mechanisms.
- Be fully conversant with all aspects of Solidworks 3D CAD
- Experience of developing New Products to satisfy end user needs
- Create product specifications, project plans and detailed designs.
- Select the optimum materials and manufacturing methods to meet business and product needs
- Validate and verify designs by prototyping, testing and first batch manufacture support
- Ensure products meet appropriate safety and performance standards for CE marking
- Ability to manage a project to conclusion, on time and on budget
- Possess a passion to succeed and make a difference to the customer
- Enthusiastic and Energetic with a positive “Can Do” attitude
- An excellent communicator, able to work cross functionally
- Computer Literate with the ability to work unaided.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work on your own initiative and contribute to the continuous improvement philosophy which exists within the company
- Understand the principles of design for manufacture and assembly
- Excellent command of the English Language (Both written and spoken)
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary £30,000 - £40,000, negotiable dependent on experience
- Flexi-hours option
- Pension Scheme
- 31 days holiday
- Extra holidays for length of service
- Life Insurance
- Profit related pay
- Incentive schemes
- Retail discount scheme
Commutable from Derby, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Nottingham and Mansfield
An exciting opportunity has become available to join an established automotive supplier based in Derby as a CNC Programmer.
- As a CNC Programmer you will be expected to programme using FANUC MDI and ISO controls and have a solid background in precision machining.
- My client is looking for CNC programmers with experience producing low volume, high accuracy components.
- Their CNC machines are Mori-seiki and up to 5 axis so experience using these will be beneficial.
Benefits for a CNC Programmer:
- Salary : £35,000
- 25 days holiday + BH
- Private healthcare
- Weekday work (8am-5pm Mon-Fri)
- Overtime paid at time and a half
- Free parking
They are willing to provide some training for the right candidate.
If you feel you have the right skillset for this role, please send your CV ASAP.
Probe Technical Recruitment are looking to recruit a Maintenance Electrician who can install, maintain and repair a wide range of production equipment that includes injection moulding/ blow moulding machines, CNC millers/engravers, and filling / packaging machinery. You will need to have a relevant qualification in Electrical Testing and/or Electrical Installations.
Duties for the Maintenance Electrician include but not limited to:
- The safe installation, repair, and continuous improvement of all production equipment to ensure all production equipment is delivering world class quality and output.
- Supporting the production engineer’s so they can deliver planned preventive maintenance at a high standard to schedule to enable production cells to deliver expected output and quality.
- Providing mentorship and support for the production maintenance engineers and other members of the production engineering team helping guide them to deliver a quality and safe service to production.
In return the company run a double day shift, and offer from the first day of employment:
- 25 days holiday a year & 8 Bank Holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Up to 50% staff discount on our products
Benefits that accrue with service:
- Company Pension Scheme - automatic enrolment at 4.5% (minimum) up to 7.5% (maximum) company matching scheme.
- Share Save scheme – (minimum of 3 months of employment before September)
- Eligibility for profit share bonus (subject to company meeting required profit targets)
This role is commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Loughborough and Mansfield.
We would be interested in talking to Maintenance Engineers, and Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineers.
Probe Technical Recruitment are seeking to recruit a proven Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join our plant Maintenance and Production team to support our operation within the Midlands region. We are a leading manufacturer and have an excellent reputation for product quality and continuous improvement. As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, you will be required to undertake planned and reactive maintenance tasks throughout our facility and improve and maintain plant reliability.
Some duties may include but not limited to:
- Logical approach to fault finding and diagnostics on wide range of plant and machinery
- Optimising production efficiency, pro-actively rectifying issues with anticipation of improvements required
- Documenting all work and activities as per company requirements.
- Installation, modification, and refurbishment of equipment, machinery and facilities
- You must hold a time served engineering apprenticeship and hold equivalent of an ONC/City Guilds 3 in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience of working in a precision engineering (CNC) manufacturing environment is beneficial and equal abilities with Hydraulics, Pneumatics and Mechanical process.
- Salary - £32,000
- Plenty of scope for Overtime
- Plus Annual Leave
- Double day shift pattern
This role is commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Loughborough and Ashby-de-la-Zouch.
We would also be keen to talk to Maintenance Electricians and Maintenance Technicians for this role.
Do you have experience as a Technical Assistant within the Construction Industry or do you have a degree or similar qualification within Construction or Engineering or similar? Are you looking to stay with a company and develop through to Management / Director level? Are you looking for a great salary and fantastic Benefits? Then what are you waiting for?? Apply for this job!!!
As the Technical Assistant - you will be working for one of the leading constriction organisations in the UK, and known for an outstanding product.
The duties for the Technical Assistant will include:
- Advising customers and staff on use of company products
- Conducting Investigations into Technical issues, communicating with customers, factories and staff, providing a technically lead solutio
- Providing Technical information to support Sales and Customer Service
- Undertaking site inspections out in the field to assist the Sales Team
- Assist with product innovation and development campaigns
I would be very excited to speak with you if you have:
- Previous experience as a Technical Assistant – this would be amazing!
- The skills and knowledge to match the duties above!
- A degree (or similar qualification) within Construction, Engineering or similar
- Ability to Read Technical drawings
- Awareness and Knowledge of building regulations and NHBC standards
- Experience with Product Development
- Experience of adhering to Quality and Environmental Policies
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Confident, Energetic and enthusiastic personality!
Benefits package for the Technical Assistant:
- 31 days holiday (incl 8 Bank hols) (increasing to 33 with service)
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Child Care Vouchers
- Free Parking
To find out more about this fabulous opportunity, please contact Louise Frost at Probe Business Services - email@example.com
We are seeking to recruit a proven Service Engineer to join our customer service support team across the UK and EIRE (nights away will be required in the week).
As a Service Engineer you will be required to report to the Service Manager installing a range of machines and bar feeds along with breakdown repairs and machine maintenance.
Duties may include:
- Pre-Delivery Inspection
- Customer Telephone Support
- Breakdown Repairs
- Machine Maintenance & Servicing
- You must be qualified Mechanically or Electrically i.e. NVQ / Apprenticeship / City & Guilds and have previous experience as a Field Service Engineer or Service Engineer.
- You must have experience working on multi axis CNC lathes and Fanuc control systems are very much desirable.
- You must also be experience with diagnostic fault finding and be able to work with basic pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- If you have had experience with sliding head this would be great however it is not essential as training will be provided.
Benefits include a salary which is negotiable dependant on your experience and ranges from £25,000-£35,000
Annual leave of 25 days
Life Assurance 3x Salary
Private Health Care for you and dependants
Excellent Bonus Quarterly (in your contract paid each quarter).
This role is commutable from anywhere in the UK, however head office is commutable from Chesterfield, Nottingham, Derby, Burton upon Trent and Stoke on Trent.
We are seeking to recruit a proven Maintenance Fitter to join our plant Maintenance and Production team to support our operation within the Midlands region. As a Maintenance Fitter you will be required to undertake planned and reactive maintenance tasks throughout our facility and improve and maintain plant reliability.
Skills and Requirements:
- You must be qualified Mechanically i.e. NVQ / Apprenticeship / City & Guilds and hold experience as a Fitter / Engineer, we would be interested in talking to Maintenance Engineers as well.
- You must have a Maintenance ability having gained your experience of supporting plant within a heavy engineering environment such as chemical processing, oil refineries, quarrying, recycling, power generation, steel works or within a heavy plant overhaul support organisation.
- Support planned shutdowns, absence, holiday cover for the fitting team/ production ops team
- Ensure efficient operation of plant and minimise down time
- Reduction in mean time to repair (MTTR)
- Assist quality control of product
- Root cause analysis to ensure plant reliability
- Salary is negotiable dependant on your experience and ranges from £32,000 - £36,000
- Plenty of Scope for Overtime
- Plus Annual Leave
- Shift Pattern of 5 on, 5 off, 4 on 4 off, 5 on, 5 offs, between 06:00 - 18:00hrs & 18:00 - 06:00 rotating days and nights
This role is commutable from Leicester, Tamworth, Hinckley, Burton upon Trent and Loughborough