11 Derbyshire Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
Our client is looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team in the designing of products for projects across the world.
With nearly 40 years of experience, this is an established business with a proven track record of delivering high quality engineering solutions to a wide range of customers.
- Dealing directly with clients around the world via electronic means and face to face
- Design of machinery and parts for new and existing products
- Creating bill of materials
- Problem solving as part of a team, to overcome design challenges
- Briefing the in-house manufacturing team and working closely with external partners to deliver exceptional engineering solutions
- Working with and creating documentation for maintenance and ongoing operation as well as normal risk assessments and method statements
- Overseeing installations on site with clients
- You must have Solidworks and AutoCAD experience, backed up with mechanical engineering
- Ideally qualified to Degree, HND or time served as a mechanical engineer
- You must work well as part of our talented in-house team and be able to cope under pressure
- Be flexible and able to smile
- Willing to travel in the UK and potentially worldwide
- Be able to write well and explain things clearly
What’s on Offer:
- Salary is negotiable, client will create the right package for someone with the right experience
- Hours, Monday to Friday 8.00am - 5.00pm but flexibility required
- Opportunity for progression and ongoing training
Commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Heanor, Ilkeston, Hucknall, Long Eaton, Sutton in Ashfield, Loughborough
Our client is looking for a highly motivated individual with a professional telephone manner, effective questioning and listening skills, who can help customers in a positive and friendly manner. They are looking for you to provide excellent customer service, building trust and help people through the three phases of the decision-making process; enquiry, needs assessment and fitting.
In-depth training will give you all the product knowledge you need to excel in this role. They work with disabled and elderly people and want people who can demonstrate empathy and help people with proper recommendations and great service.
Key Responsibilities of a Sales Advisor:
- Take the time to talk to customers & build genuine rapport
- Identify customer needs quickly & professionally
- Research products and the company to present persuasively to customers
- Gain commitment for customers to book appointments for our Field Sales Mangers
- Provide exceptional customer service
Person Specification for a Sales Advisor:
- Be able to demonstrate an excellent telephone manner
- A genuine passion for helping people
- Be confident using Microsoft Excel, Word, internet & email
- Work to agreed process & procedures to deliver daily KPI’s
- Consistency and a positive attitude to your working day
- Call centre, customer service or sales experience is an advantage but more importantly your attitude
- SAP experience would be beneficial, but is not essential
Salary for a Sales Advisor:
- £17,250, on target earnings of £22,500
Commutable from Derby, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Nottingham, Mansfield, Worksop, Newark
Client is a family business where changing people’s lives through the products that they design, manufacture and install is a daily occurrence. With 35 years’ experience under their belt, they are a leading provider in the UK, a market leader in Europe and have a presence in many other countries worldwide.
Based at their ISO9001 accredited, purpose-built manufacturing facility in Derbyshire, they believe the future success and growth of their business is inextricably linked to the introduction of innovative, high quality solutions.
Reporting to the Managing Director, they are looking for an inspirational National Sales Manager to provide leadership and direction to their Customer Engagement Team to enable them to achieve revenue growth targets and champion excellent customer service in this rapidly expanding market.
The role will be based out of the Derbyshire office and has 6 direct reports comprising of the Sales Office Manager, Field Retail Sales Manager, Agent Sales Team Leader, Commercial & Retail Marketing Managers and the Service Delivery Manager. The ideal candidate will therefore have proven success of managing multi discipline teams.
To fully understand the opportunity to develop their UK sales channels, you will evaluate the performance of each function and bring a strategic and joined up approach to the entire Customer Engagement division.
- Develop the Sales and Marketing plan to effectively deliver balanced sales channels through the direct retail and trade development teams
- Manage and develop your team to ensure a professional, courteous and customer focused approach always striving for a “right first time” service
- Reporting & analysis using internal systems
- Demonstrable success in sales management and driving growth
- You must be able to demonstrate a background in Business to Consumer sales (B2C)
- A well balanced and intuitive individual with broad sales experience and a full understanding of the sales process
- Proven success in leading and managing diverse teams
- Able to provide an inspiring vision to motivate others to excel
- Possess an enquiring mind alongside high standards of numeracy and literacy
- You will be fully computer literate and able to demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Managed both field and office-based sales teams
Package and Hours:
- Salary £50,000, OTE £60,000
- Hours - 9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday - Friday
- Car allowance
- Profit related pay
- Life Insurance
- BUPA Healthcare
- Auto Enrol Pension Scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory
Commutable from Derby, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Nottingham, Mansfield, Worksop, Newark
This is a well-established, specialist in their field, who are globally recognised business with over 50 years’ experience behind them.
They employ over 1,000 people across the group, with access to reliable partners in many countries across the globe.
To work closely with the Project Controller and field teams to clarify all aspects of designs and fitting details to create customer drawings and production orders (Bills of materials).
This role would suit someone who could be looking to step into a Trainee Project Manager role, or someone with 2-5 years design experience and wanting to progress.
- To ensure the final design for the customer meets all requirements and specifications
- Ensure that product pricing is correct and highlight areas to reduce costs or offer alternative solutions to the customer
- Create and maintain production bills of material (BOM) and costs for their directly manufactured products
- Create accurate drawings in line with company standards
- Provide technical support to the business
- Ensure all variations are tracked and costed
- Minimise waste; reduce risk to reduce repetitive errors.
- Take appropriate remedial action to resolve customer disputes with minimal cost to the business
- Responsibility for personal growth and development
- A good level of all-round industry knowledge within architectural, metalwork fabrications and steel etc would be advantageous
- IT skills, in particular CAD to support accurate drawings, fulfilment with continuous development and learning
- Understanding and interpretation of construction and engineering drawings
- Experience of regular interaction with customers
- CAD / SAP technical experience
- Technical knowledge in terms of building construction, engineering management, business systems
- Broad range of experience in mechanical engineering- production / architectural design applications
Salary and Hours:
- £23,000 - £28,000 dependant on experience
- 8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday to Thursday, 4pm finish on Friday
Commutable from Sheffield, Chesterfield, Mansfield, Derby, Nottingham, Burton Upon Trent
Reporting to the Group Head of Engineering, client is looking for the expertise of a proven Electrical Engineer.
Your base will be at clients Midland’s office, but you must be flexible as there will be worldwide travel involved.
This is an excellent, autonomous opportunity with a globally recognised market leader, who is at the forefront of their industry.
It is an exciting time for the business, resulting in a continued period of growth. They have great staff retention with the average years’ service being over 12 years, which is a testament to the type of company that they are.
- Electrical designs for system loading, electrical protection, cable sizing, voltage drops and suitability for conditions.
- Design of electrical and automated systems for crushing equipment, specification of process control requirements and components.
- Design and on-site analysis of Electrical loads, short circuit calculations and harmonics, production of engineering drawings including P&ID´s. Logic flow, single line etc. using AutoCAD.
- Product selection for systems equipment.
- Generation of electrical specifications, supervision of installation and commissioning of equipment, risk analysis for HAZOP requirements.
- Technical support to our satellite network, and other departments within the group.
- On site Supervision of electrical installation and commissioning of equipment, analysis, reporting and troubleshooting of electrical problems.
- The successful candidate will be motivated and have a depth of Electrical Engineering experience involving similar expertise to client requirements and working within a team.
- A particular knowledge and expertise in motors and their control systems would be advantageous, as is the knowledge of "state of the art" technologies in this field.
- A working knowledge of variable motors and speed drives and adapting to new technology is required.
- Experience from heavy engineering, tunneling, mining, quarrying or crushers would be highly advantageous.
Package and Benefits:
- Salary negotiable plus excellent bonus
- Opportunities for global travel
- 10% employer contributed pension, with 0% required from employee
- Private medical cover (currently with Bupa) on completion of the probationary period
- 33 days holiday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free flu jabs
- The possibility of joining a company with a great staff retention record - average years’ service being 12 years
Commutable from Derby, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Nottingham, Mansfield, Worksop
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
8am – 5pm Monday – Thursday and 8am – 4pm Friday
Up to £35K DOE + PENSION + COMPETITVE HOLIDAY DAYS + GREAT CAREER PROSPECTS
Are you an experienced Quality Assurance Manager with a qualification or background in Concrete Technology?
A large and growing company in the Burton Upon Trent area is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to join their team due to an expansion. They have just expanded their facility and are therefore looking to increase their team size to accommodate their larger output. With a high retention rate, this company is a very stable and secure job.
- Lead, manage and co-ordinate the continuous improvement programme within the Company to meet the business goals and objectives
- To test, record, report and analyse quality issues
- Work in conjunction with the Production, Technical and Sales teams on quality issues to reduce customer complaints
- Provide appropriate support to the Operations Director and Technical Director
- Collation of test data and completion of the quality action report
- The Quality Assurance Manager must have a qualification in concrete technology
- Knowledge of concrete technology
- Knowledge of recognised Quality Tools and Techniques and exposure to recognised Quality Standards such as ISO9001
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Extensive experience within manufacturing / construction industry
- Competitive Salary – Up to £35k DOE
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Job Security at a large company
- Competitive Holiday Days
- Great working environment
- Early finish on a Friday
- Great career prospects
This vacancy is commutable from Derby, Uttoxeter, Lichfield, Tamworth and other surrounding areas.
Interviews are available immediately for successful candidates
Please feel free to have a confidential chat on the details below. What are you waiting for?
Probe Technical Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Fitter for a company within the Heavy Engineering Industry that are unique. Along with a competitive salary, the company operate a day shift with working hours 7am – 3.30pm.
Duties of a Maintenance Fitter:
Please look at the information below regarding the role, duties will include but not limited to:
- The diagnosis, location and rectification of all mechanical faults on site, including pneumatic, hydraulic systems
- Responding to emergency situations in a timely and effective manner
- Plan out work and display initiative and common sense
- Adhere to current Safe Systems of Work, lock off and permit to work procedures
- Carry out all tasks in accordance with company Quality systems, hygiene standards and safe working practices
Requirements of a Maintenance Fitter:
- The company will require you to have an NVQ / City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering or Apprentice trained.
They will also look at talking too Maintenance Engineers or Mechanical Fitters for this role.
The role for a Maintenance Fitter is commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Mansfield and Chesterfield.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join an established automotive supplier based in Derby as a CNC Programmer.
- As a CNC Programmer you will be expected to programme using FANUC MDI and ISO controls and have a solid background in precision machining.
- My client is looking for CNC programmers with experience producing low volume, high accuracy components.
- Their CNC machines are Mori-seiki and up to 5 axis so experience using these will be beneficial.
Benefits for a CNC Programmer:
- Salary : £35,000
- 25 days holiday + BH
- Private healthcare
- Weekday work (8am-5pm Mon-Fri)
- Overtime paid at time and a half
- Free parking
They are willing to provide some training for the right candidate.
If you feel you have the right skillset for this role, please send your CV ASAP.
Probe Technical Recruitment are looking to recruit a Maintenance Electrician who can install, maintain and repair a wide range of production equipment that includes injection moulding/ blow moulding machines, CNC millers/engravers, and filling / packaging machinery. You will need to have a relevant qualification in Electrical Testing and/or Electrical Installations.
Duties for the Maintenance Electrician include but not limited to:
- The safe installation, repair, and continuous improvement of all production equipment to ensure all production equipment is delivering world class quality and output.
- Supporting the production engineer’s so they can deliver planned preventive maintenance at a high standard to schedule to enable production cells to deliver expected output and quality.
- Providing mentorship and support for the production maintenance engineers and other members of the production engineering team helping guide them to deliver a quality and safe service to production.
In return the company run a double day shift, and offer from the first day of employment:
- 25 days holiday a year & 8 Bank Holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Up to 50% staff discount on our products
Benefits that accrue with service:
- Company Pension Scheme - automatic enrolment at 4.5% (minimum) up to 7.5% (maximum) company matching scheme.
- Share Save scheme – (minimum of 3 months of employment before September)
- Eligibility for profit share bonus (subject to company meeting required profit targets)
This role is commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Loughborough and Mansfield.
We would be interested in talking to Maintenance Engineers, and Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineers.
Probe Technical Recruitment are seeking to recruit a proven Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join our plant Maintenance and Production team to support our operation within the Midlands region. We are a leading manufacturer and have an excellent reputation for product quality and continuous improvement. As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, you will be required to undertake planned and reactive maintenance tasks throughout our facility and improve and maintain plant reliability.
Some duties may include but not limited to:
- Logical approach to fault finding and diagnostics on wide range of plant and machinery
- Optimising production efficiency, pro-actively rectifying issues with anticipation of improvements required
- Documenting all work and activities as per company requirements.
- Installation, modification, and refurbishment of equipment, machinery and facilities
- You must hold a time served engineering apprenticeship and hold equivalent of an ONC/City Guilds 3 in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience of working in a precision engineering (CNC) manufacturing environment is beneficial and equal abilities with Hydraulics, Pneumatics and Mechanical process.
- Salary - £32,000
- Plenty of scope for Overtime
- Plus Annual Leave
- Double day shift pattern
This role is commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Loughborough and Ashby-de-la-Zouch.
We would also be keen to talk to Maintenance Electricians and Maintenance Technicians for this role.
We are seeking to recruit a proven Service Engineer to join our customer service support team across the UK and EIRE (nights away will be required in the week).
As a Service Engineer you will be required to report to the Service Manager installing a range of machines and bar feeds along with breakdown repairs and machine maintenance.
Duties may include:
- Pre-Delivery Inspection
- Customer Telephone Support
- Breakdown Repairs
- Machine Maintenance & Servicing
- You must be qualified Mechanically or Electrically i.e. NVQ / Apprenticeship / City & Guilds and have previous experience as a Field Service Engineer or Service Engineer.
- You must have experience working on multi axis CNC lathes and Fanuc control systems are very much desirable.
- You must also be experience with diagnostic fault finding and be able to work with basic pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- If you have had experience with sliding head this would be great however it is not essential as training will be provided.
Benefits include a salary which is negotiable dependant on your experience and ranges from £25,000-£35,000
Annual leave of 25 days
Life Assurance 3x Salary
Private Health Care for you and dependants
Excellent Bonus Quarterly (in your contract paid each quarter).
This role is commutable from anywhere in the UK, however head office is commutable from Chesterfield, Nottingham, Derby, Burton upon Trent and Stoke on Trent.