Care has been taken in the compilation of this web site. The statements contained on this site are believed to be correct however, Probe UK Limited shall not be liable for any loss, damage or inconvenience arising from any inaccuracies or the use of this web site in any way whatsoever. Descriptions and details of our services are indicative and for information. Where quoted, prices are subject to change and should be confirmed before ordering.
Also we can not control the content or take responsibilities for any pages maintained by external providers/organisations that can be accessed through our site.
If you are aware that any of the information here contains mistakes or needs updating, then please tell us as it helps us to maintain our web site to its highest possible standards.
£40,000 + HEALTH CARE + PENSION + HOLIDAYS
Are you looking for a new opportunity to use your skills?
Are you a Technical Manager who is looking to take the next step your career?
Our client supplies various large retailers with their famous product and are looking for a Technical Manager to join their organisation and make an instant impact as a valued cog in their business.
- Competitive Salary – Circa £40k
- Negotiable Holiday days
- Competitive Pension
- Family Run Business
- Health Insurance
- Free Parking
- Great working environment
- The Technical Manager will manage the quality team effectively
- Manage and maintain the HACCP system
- You will Implement & maintain quality systems and auditing
- You will be responsible for implementing the change to the latest BRC version from SALSA
- The Technical Manager will be responsible for implementing a food safety culture
- Approve suppliers and maintain approved suppliers list
- You will support NPD
- Ensure BRC status is maintained
- The Technical Manager will require a background within Food manufacturing
- Ideally you will have a strong knowledge and experience of Dairy Food Products
- You will have good experience with HACCP and BRC standards
- Excellent understanding of food safety & quality standards & legislation
- The chosen candidate will have experience/knowledge of Level 3 HACCP
- Experience with HACCP, TACCP and VACCP would be beneficial
Please feel free to have a confidential chat on the details below. What are you waiting for?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Electrician.
Leading manufacturing organisation, Worldwide.
- PLC: Siemens, Mitsubishi, Allen Bradley – Fault finding abilities
- Hydraulics & Pneumatics
- Speed Drives
- Motor Controls
Maintenance Electrician Duties and Requirements:
- This role will involve all aspects of trouble shooting and problem solving across the site.
- The Maintenance Electrician will be required to look for and implement continuous improvements individually and as part of a team.
- You will be an adaptable, flexible and proactive individual who is comfortable working under your own initiative and as part of an engineering team.
- Previous experience within a Maintenance Electrician role
- Previous experience within a Manufacturing / Heavy environment
- Apprentice trained holding a ONC in Electrician engineering
Benefits for a Maintenance Electrician:
- Salary - £39,243
- Continental Shift: 4on-4off - 2days - 2Nights
- Pension, Generous holiday, Sick-Pay, Vouchers, and more
- Location - Brough
Their innovations and creative solutions have put them at the forefront of their industry. Products are used extensively throughout the world in some of the most challenging environments. Their hard-earned reputation is built on the strength, durability and quality of their solutions.
With in-house consultation, design, manufacture, installation and maintenance ensures they deliver their promise of technically astute solutions, on time, every time.
This is a business with a celebrated heritage in British engineering and over 60 years of experience.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the incumbent will work within the Mechanical Team to assist with the company’s development of innovative products and solutions.
- Preparation of drawings, bills of materials and design calculations for both new products and modifications to existing products.
- To work closely with the company’s production and manufacturing engineering functions to ensure designs are as effective as possible for the wider business.
- Support of the company’s sales and marketing functions.
- Liaison with other departments within the company to help achieve common goals.
- Creation and development of conceptual design schemes.
- Attendance of site visits, meetings and surveys as required by the projects.
- Any further related tasks as defined by the Engineering Manager
- Degree or HND held in either Civil or Mechanical Engineering (or related discipline).
- At least 2 years relevant full-time work experience.
- Experience in 2D / 3D CAD systems (Autodesk Inventor is desirable but not essential).
- Experience with SAP ERP or similar is desirable.
- A good appreciation of the importance of Design for Manufacture / Assembly principles.
- Practical manufacturing or installation experience will be seen as beneficial.
- High capability in written and spoken English.
Salary and Benefits:
- £27,000 - £31,000 dependent on experience
- Hours 37.5 per week. 8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
- 28 days holiday, raising up to 33 days holiday with service
- Sick pay
NPI PROJECT ENGINEER
£30,000-£42,000 + SUPERB PROSPECTS + PENSION + OTHER BENEFITS
The company has always had the vision that society and global communities should be able to develop for themselves, and future generations. By providing the tools, they are ensuring that anything is possible. They are seeking strong Project Engineers to continue to develop the business and get involved with the projects at hand to reach departmental KPI targets. There is the opportunity for two candidates to join this well-known organisation. One will need to have extremely strong plastics experience.
Are you an experienced NPI Project Engineer wanting to work in a developing and evolving global organisation??
Are you looking for that next challenge??
Then this is the position for you!!!!
The NPI Project Engineer’s Responsibilities are to:
- Plan, coordinate, monitor and report introduction of new products, projects and components meeting quality, cost and delivery targets.
- Ensure external manufacturing processes are in place and consistent in providing the correct component specification and quality.
- Maintain, replace and repair supplier loaned production tooling.
- Develop and implement plans to meet company objectives.
- Compile new product and promotion manufacturing quotations, ensuring supplier selection, processes, material and cost are within budget and quality expectations.
- Provide accurate Technical information for introduction of Engineering Changes, Bill of Material, Product Promotions and any other relevant procedures.
- Make engineering decisions and recommendations.
- Develop, maintain and deliver agreed cost savings, ensuring quality is not compromised.
- Work closely with buyers to input the technical support for cost savings.
- Always check product quality.
- Actively source and look for leads to improve product, reduce cost and deliver projects on time.
- Be flexible to travel as per the business needs in order to fulfil the project requirements.
- Work with the team to drive the profitability of the business.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the company and products in order to be proactive in sourcing new suppliers and improving cost and quality of components.
Skills and Requirements:
The NPI Project Engineer will have:
- A HND or HNC in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- Formal qualifications for Pro-Engineer / AutoCAD Computer Aided Design
- Proven applied understanding of production commodity groups:
- Plastic Injection Moulding
- Aluminium / Die casting
- Metal Pressings / Injection Moulding / Metal Turning
- Heat treatments and Hardening processes
- NPI Management or Supervision experience
- MRP / MAP computer systems experience
- 2 years’ in a similar Product analysis environment/role.
- Applied 5s / 6 sigma within a production environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO9001 and ISO 14001.
I would be keen to speak with experienced Product Engineers, Project Engineers, New Product Introduction Engineers, New Product Launch Engineers.
This is an exciting position for the ideal candidate to thrive and be a part of the continued develop the growth of the business as well their career. The NPI Project Engineer will hit the ground running and be a part of the innovative organisation, growing year on year within this industry.
To apply for this position or to discuss any further please send your CV complete with a cover letter.
This HR Administrator is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop your HR career with a market leading, Global Manufacturing organisation. Great salary, half day working on Fridays!! 33 days holiday (incl BH’s)! Pension! Free Parking! Busy environment but a great team spirit – What is there not to like?!?!
Global Manufacturing Company whose product has an outstanding reputation for its quality. They have maintained this reputation for over 160 years!
As the HR Administrator - you will be working for a Global Manufacturing Company whose product has an outstanding reputation for its quality. They have maintained this reputation for over 160 years!
The duties for the HR Administrator will include:
To support the Human Resources Department in generalist administrative duties. Dealing with employees on a day to day basis resolving queries as and when they occur
- Update and maintain all personnel files
- Liaise with Occupational Health and make appointments for employees as and when required
- Maintain a working knowledge of the time and attendance system
- Provide assistance with recruitment activities as required
- Conduct Human Resources induction programme to new starters
- Monitor and carry out probationary reviews as required
- Respond to all reference requests/confirmation of employment
- Assist with random drug testing days
- Manage all employee documentation in compliance with Asylum & Immigration Act
- Order and issue workwear as required
- Competent user of the HR4U HRIS system
- Manage site apprenticeship scheme
Skills and Requirements:
I would be very excited to speak with you if you have:
- Previous experience as a HR Administrator is preferable
- Relevant experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment is ideal
- Outstanding Administrative skills is essential
- Excellent Organisation skills are essential
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Excellent PC Skills, Microsoft office, AS400, Lotus notes, HR systems
- Ideally CIPD level 3
- Understanding of quality standards would be highly beneficial
- Desire for self-development
Benefits package for the HR Administrator:
- Half day on Fridays!
- 33 days holiday (incl 8 Bank hols)
- Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
To find out more about this fabulous opportunity, please send your CV ASAP.
We are actively seeking a Maintenance Fitter
- The Maintenance Fitter is employed to carryout assembly of any of the company’s equipment in line with guidelines and instructions.
- The Maintenance Fitter will be required to operate tools, including a centre lathe, milling machine, grinders, drills etc. and to carry out simple modification work of parts manufactured by subcontractors if required.
- They will carry out simple welding as part of a drum assembly process.
- The Maintenance Fitter will assist other members of the production team when required.
- Carry out installation and service work in accordance with the company guide lines and procedures with consideration to the budgeted costs in any country worldwide to which machines are supplied. Overseas travel of approximately 10 weeks per year will be required.
Skills and Requirements:
Ideally the Maintenance Fitter will hold:
- Experience with: Servo Motors, Gearboxes, Hydraulics & Pneumatics
- Flexibility is a must
- Apprentice Trained
- Holding at least 5 years within a similar position
- Holding an HNC / NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering
The applicant should be experienced in all aspects of mechanical engineering from bench assembly work to using small basic machine tools. He/she should be experienced in working with pneumatics, hydraulics and competent with basic electrics. Knowledge of working and assembling servo motors, gearboxes and associated equipment would be an advantage.
- Salary - £27,500 - £28,000
- 33 days holiday
- Shift: Days / Monday - Friday
- Location: WA14 4LF
Who We Are
Probe UK is a leading technical engineering recruitment consultancy that specialises in all aspects of the engineering sector. From aeronautical and automotive engineering to precision engineering, manufacturing and technical designers, we have worked for clients from all spectrums of the engineering and design industry in sourcing the perfect candidates.
Probe provided me with valuable assistance and advice when I was searching for a new role. It was a pleasure working with them, I cannot recommend them highly enough. I found their approach honest, reliable and he totally understood what I was looking for, something which isn't always the case with recruiters. I would not hesitate to contact Probe in the future if my circumstances changed