Care has been taken in the compilation of this web site. The statements contained on this site are believed to be correct however, Probe UK Limited shall not be liable for any loss, damage or inconvenience arising from any inaccuracies or the use of this web site in any way whatsoever. Descriptions and details of our services are indicative and for information. Where quoted, prices are subject to change and should be confirmed before ordering.
Also we can not control the content or take responsibilities for any pages maintained by external providers/organisations that can be accessed through our site.
If you are aware that any of the information here contains mistakes or needs updating, then please tell us as it helps us to maintain our web site to its highest possible standards.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Internal Sales Engineer to join a well-established company, with over 50 years of experience.
Reporting to the Internal Sales Manager you will provide solutions to customers and potential customers in both machinery and component sales.
This is a growing, local company and a genuine opportunity for the right candidate to have and develop a successful career.
- Identify potential customers and use best endeavours to encourage them to become customers, make and maintain contact with existing customers to provide technical support and to encourage further sales
- Provide quotations and solutions to customers' requirements, follow up enquiries and quotations, raise sales orders and jobs in a timely and accurate fashion, provide general feedback from clients
- Assist in setting targets and work towards maintaining and increasing sales figures
- Telephone technical assistance, both pre and post- contract, where required, on-site technical assistance, both pre and post-contract, where required
- Co-operate with other departments by maintaining good lines of communication and recognition of over-lapping problems
- Contribute to LEAN activities such as: process improvement, including 5s within the sales office
- General administrative duties and maintenance of the CRM system
- Committed to producing products right first time
- Reliable with good levels of housekeeping
- Good communicator at all levels
- Good time keeping is essential and the ability to work as part of a team, as well as use your own initiative
- Assist in the identification of training needs for your as an individual and for the sales team
- Experience within an engineering sales environment is preferred
Package and Benefits:
- Salary £25,000 - £30,000 (negotiable)
- 6% employer contributory pension
- Death in Service, 4x annual salary
- 30 days, including statutory, rising to 33 days
- Company performance bonus, 5% of salary
Commutable From: Peterborough, Boston, Stamford, Wisbech, Market Deeping
Probe Recruitment are supporting a Manufacturing organisation in Banbury who are looking for an Assistant Plant Controller with responsibility for controlling all plant costs and internal controls, compiling the annual budgets/forecasts and ensuring that all statutory reporting requirements are met.
- Control of Plant Direct Margin Costs: Control all direct margin costs at part level.
- Change Control: Review and approval of sales price, BOM and standard costs changes. Develop reporting systems to communicate impact of changes
- Standard Costs: Set up and maintain standard costing for existing parts. Develop reporting systems to communicate financial margins at part, commodity and vehicle level
- New vehicle projects: Review new program costs down to EBITDA level. Ensure integrity between programs reported profits and plant level profitability. Develop reporting systems to communicate profitability status at program milestones.
- Launch costs: Control and report all plant launch costs. Work with launch team to prepare annual launch forecast
- Monthly forecasting: Support Plant Controller during monthly forecasting process.
- P&L responsibility: Full responsibility for specific P&L lines.
- Month End procedures: Journal preparation, P&L and Balance Sheet analysis during 3 day close. Balance Sheet reconciliation
- Corporate reporting: Complete monthly direct margin report for monthly management information pack including commentary. Support Plant Controller on other reports required for monthly management pack.
As a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer you will be joining this leading Manufacturing company based just outside of Kidderminster. You will be joining an existing Maintenance Engineering team to undertake breakdown and preventative maintenance in this modern production facility.
- This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and qualified Mechanical Maintenance Engineer.
- In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving all aspects of the equipment and plant on site in a modern fast paced heavy manufacturing environment at a major manufacturing site.
- Working in a team you will be covering a 4 on / 4 off shift pattern working alternating Days and Nights 6am -6pm / 6pm - 6am.
- To be successful in this role you will need to hold a recognised Mechanical Engineering Qualification to a minimum of NVQ level 3 and will be Apprentice trained.
- You will also need to have previous experience of maintaining machinery in a fast paced production environment and fault finding on hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Experience of TPM and continuous improvement would also be of benefit.
- I would be keen to speak with candidates who have experience of reactive + preventative mechanical maintenance supporting plant machinery as either a Mechanical Fitter, Maintenance Engineer or similar role.
- In return, you will receive an excellent salary package which is paid weekly from £35,000 - £44,000 depending on skills and experience, including shift allowance.
- There is the opportunity for guaranteed overtime which can also increase your earnings.
If you are interested in knowing more please send your CV ASAP.
£11.70 + OVERTIME + COMPANY BONUS + LIFE AND HEALTH INSURANCE + SUBSIDESED CANTEEN + PENSION
Are you a skilled CNC machinist?
One of our biggest clients is looking for a CNC machinist to join their Manufacturing team. They are a large and well known company in their industry. This is a very stable job due to their extremely high retention rate.
This vacancy is commutable from Blackburn, Bradford, Preston, Manchester, Wigan, Rochdale, Bolton and other surrounding areas
- In the role you will set up tools and loads materials
- You will be required to machine components to tight tolerances
- As CNC Machinist you will use Inspection/Measureing equipment to ensure components manufactured are compliant with drawings and tolerances.
- You will be responsible for keeping a tidy work area
- In this role you will read and interepret engineering drawings
- As CNC Machinist you will have experience of working with a variety of CNC machinery such as Mori Seiki, Okuma and Nakamura. (Nakamura is preferred).
- You will have experience working with a range of materials. Ideally Stainless Steel.
- As CNC Machinist you will be capable of working to tight tolerances.
- You will have gained experience in CNC Turning with some exposure to CNC Milling.
- You will have had some experience using measuring/inspection equipment
£11.70 Per Hour plus Shift Premium depending on shift
Competitive overtime available/Shift Premium
Shift Patterns available - Days / Twilight / Night Shift available (£11.70 + £4.41 / £3.81 respectively)
Secure position within a well-established company
Be part of a great team
Opportunities to progress
Interviews are available immediately for successful candidates
Please feel free to have a confidential chat on the details below. What are you waiting for?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Production Manager to be part of an exciting, heavy manufacturing environment who are the world’s number one producer in their industry.
An organisation who take exceptional pride in what they manufacture, their reputation is enviable and the team is expanding. They will always invest and train candidates and employees to optimise skillsets and progression within the organisation. They have been manufacturing since 1819 with a huge presence in the UK and Europe.
I am keen to speak with experienced Production Managers, Senior Supervisors, Shift Managers or Manufacturing Managers who are seeking a new opportunity to be part of growing organisation.
- Managing all aspects of the operation
- Increase productivity whilst maintaining a high standard of product quality
- Maintain the workplace safety and environmental performance to the appropriate standards
- Ensure correct planning of production requirements
- Identify and deliver improvements to the production and quality process to ensure agreed cost and efficient production schedules
- Plan and facilitate preventative maintenance
- Provide a leadership style that promotes teamwork, open communication and continuous improvement
Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 4years’ experience in a managerial role within a high production environment
- A qualification in leadership and management
- Experience with lean manufacturing techniques
- IOSH qualification
The successful candidate will work Monday to Friday 8am-5pm
33 days holiday - inclusive of bank holidays
Be entitled to a performance related bonus
Private Health Care
This role is just outside Kidderminster and commutable from Stourport-on-Severn, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Worcester, Bridgnorth, Wolverhampton, Birmingham, Stourbridge, Dudley and surrounding areas.
For an informal chat or to apply for this position or to discuss any further please send your CV complete with a cover letter to ASAP.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an additional CNC Programmer to be part of an expanding, developing organisation within the engineering industry.
An evolving organisation who take exceptional pride in what they engineer and manufacture, their reputation is enviable and the team is expanding. They will always invest and train candidates and employees to optimise skillsets and progression within the organisation.
I am keen to speak with experienced CNC Programmers who are seeking a new opportunity to be part of growing organisation.
The CNC Programmer will:
- Programme, Set and operate CNC machines using Heidenhain controls
- Set tools and input work shifts
- Edit programs using Heidenhain control systems
Skills & Experience:
The CNC Programmer will have:
- Experience as a Programmer and Setter
- Suitable industry recognised qualifications or a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Knowledge of inspection techniques and maintaining records
The successful CNC Programmer will work Monday to Thursday 7am-4pm and 7am-12.30pm on a Friday
25 Days Holiday plus Statutory Bank Holidays
This role is commutable from Wolverhampton, Walsall, Oldbury, Birmingham, Dudley, Stourbridge and West Brom and has a train station close by.
For an informal chat or to apply for this position or to discuss any further please send your CV complete with a cover letter ASAP.
Who We Are
Probe UK is a leading technical engineering recruitment consultancy that specialises in all aspects of the engineering sector. From aeronautical and automotive engineering to precision engineering, manufacturing and technical designers, we have worked for clients from all spectrums of the engineering and design industry in sourcing the perfect candidates.
Probe provided me with valuable assistance and advice when I was searching for a new role. It was a pleasure working with them, I cannot recommend them highly enough. I found their approach honest, reliable and he totally understood what I was looking for, something which isn't always the case with recruiters. I would not hesitate to contact Probe in the future if my circumstances changed