Whether you are a time serverd Contractor or someone looking to venture into the world of contracting we hope you will find this are useful.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Engineer to support machinery in a production setting working Days Monday - Friday based in Kingswinford. This is a fixed term contract role for 6 months initially with possible extension.
- In the role of Maintenance Engineer you will be carrying out reactive and preventative maintenance on a variety of production machinery in a clean and modern environment.
- You will be joining an existing team working DAY shifts Monday – Friday working 7.30am – 4pm
- To be successful in this Maintenance Engineer role you will need to hold a relevant Engineering qualification such as City & Guilds/NVQ level 3 and will ideally be apprentice trained.
- You will need to hold both mechanical and electrical abilities (although you do need to be electrically qualified) and have experience of pneumatics.
- You will ideally have experience of undertaking breakdown and preventative maintenance on machinery in a manufacturing environment and I would be keen to speak with engineers who have experience of supporting PLC run equipment and CNC machinery.
- In return for your skills, the Maintenance Engineer position offers an hourly rate of £15 p hr for 40 hrs p week + Overtime when available.
- This is a fixed term contract for 6 months initially with potential for further extension. Equivalent salary is £31,200.
If this position is of interest, please send your CV ASAP.
My client is seeking to recruit a Payroll Specialist on a 7-month fixed term contract. The role is part-time 16 - 20 hours.
The Payroll Specialist will process and manage the company's payroll calculating wages based on hours worked and administer payments. The goal is to ensure employees receive the correct compensation on time. Proven experience as Payroll Specialist with a solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages, LOS and any other reports required for the department and or business
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analysing information
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Issuing tax forms (e.g. P45's, P60's)
- Collation of payroll information from relevant departments
- Check employee timesheets/clock cards, calculate overtime and holiday pay alongside any other payments due
- Process employee payroll including the calculation and processing of all relevant deductions
- Statutory calculations such us maternity pay, sick pay etc.
- Processing of pension contributions and enrolment of eligible employees into company pension scheme and pension administration
- Processing AOEs and HMRC submissions
- Inputting absence and collation of absence data
- Checking payslips and reports at payroll validation and rectifying identified issues
- Payroll reporting
- Processing of new starters and leavers
- Posting of payroll journals
- Conducting compliance checks
- Providing advice and support to employees with pay or pension queries
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
The successful Payroll Specialist will have:
- Good excel skills
- Experience of working within a payroll function
- Knowledge of HMRC regulations and their application to the payroll function
- Experience of working to strict deadlines
This PA to MD role is a Full Time Contract Role - 4 - 6 months. It offers: Accrued holiday and pension and Free Parking. You will be working for a global leader and be part of a fabulous, supportive team!
As the PA to MD - you will be working for a very well-established business who are Global and are a leader in their field! They are a growing / expanding business who have an outstanding reputation for Excellence and Quality in their product and customer service.
As the PA to MD, your duties will include:
- Diary Management
- Making arrangements for meetings and Executive travel
- Preparing documents for the MD for meetings in UK and Europe
- Dealing with all correspondence for MD - via email
- Type reports, memos, letters and other documents using word relevant computer software • Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
- Taking minutes for meetings, typing and distributing
- Maintain executive management calendars/diary, arrange meetings and appointments and send invitations/reminders, as appropriate
- Other Administrative duties as required
I would be very keen to speak with you if you have:
- Previous experience as a PA or EA to senior level management is essential
- You must possess good business acumen
- You must have Excellent communication skills
- Strong Microsoft skills
- Possess a good “business mind”
Benefits package for the PA to MD contract role:
- Accrued Holiday
- Accrued pension
- Free Parking
To find out more about this fabulous opportunity, please send your CV ASAP.
This Contract is for an initial 12-months work, supporting a team of nine Engineers, to assist in the clearing of a backlog, whilst focusing on keeping the facility running smoothly. You will need to be experienced in working with Customers; whether internal or external from design through to install and commissioning.
- The role sits within the Global Test Technology Team, supporting turbo testing facilities to ensure equipment is suitably maintained and upgraded to meet ever changing business requirements.
- The role will support daily customer requests for pipe connection adapter and rig designs along with individual aspects of major test cell up fits and overhauls. The role will also support daily requirements of the lab to ensure operational efficiency and safety.
- The individual must have strong communication skills, working with product engineers and manufacturers to define scope of works/specifications, design solutions, procure components and assemble/test in alignment with business needs.
- Working within a highly experienced team of Mechanical Engineers the successful candidate must cooperate and take guidance from those around them whilst challenging capabilities to ensure continuous improvement.
- The working environment is fast paced with the need to manage multiple projects of varying priority and complexity, there is therefore a requirement to prioritise own work while acting cohesively within the team to ensure success.
- Experienced Mechanical Engineer (5 years plus industrial experience) with an in-depth knowledge of engineering design/manufacturing, project management and facility change management. Previous experience of working in a Test environment (specifically turbocharger/rotating machine testing) would be advantageous although is not essential.
- Test equipment specification and design (use of CREO or similar design software required), experience in material selection and manufacturing methods.
- Project Management - Establishes and maintains the "Balanced Triangle" of Scope, Schedule and Resources for a temporary effort (a "project"), with use of quality tools to ensure high quality decision making - Measurement systems analysis, structured problem solving, fault tree analysis, risk assessment and process hazard analysis.
- A working knowledge of data acquisition and mechatronics is desirable, with previous experience of interpreting test procedures and methods.
- Working knowledge of HSE standards to ensure safe working practices (e.g. lifting equipment, ergonomics, hot working and working at heights), decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Effective communication - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences, building networks - effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Resourcefulness - Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently, managing complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- A College or University Degree in Engineering Technology or equivalent, is required.
- Mechanical or Chemical Engineering Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree is highly desirable.
- £31.00 - £32.00 per hour
Our client is looking for an experienced Design Engineer to join the existing team to support with much of the Electrical AutoCAD work, alongside four other team members.
You will be supporting a specific project for a new test facility, for which allowance has been made up to January 2020. The bulk of the CAD work will be carried out by another employee; however, this contractor will need to be more of a decision maker, someone who can make suitable suggestions and add more to the design philosophy behind the project.
Key Responsibilities :
- The role is primarily focused on working as part of a small team of Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers and software Engineers to develop turbocharger performance testing facilities located within clients testing laboratory.
- The scope of the design skill required, includes the design of low voltage control systems (up to 400VAC), safety PLC integration and programming, distributed instrumentation and control design, using a mixture of analogue, digital and bus-based protocols.
- The individual must have strong communication and teamwork skills, working with the design team to define scope of works/specifications, design solutions, procure components and assemble/test in alignment with business needs.
- Working within a highly experienced team of Engineers the successful candidate must cooperate and take guidance from those around them whilst challenging capabilities to ensure continuous improvement.
- Experienced Electrical / Electronic Engineer (5 years plus industrial experience) with an in-depth knowledge of engineering design/manufacturing. Previous experience of working in a Test environment (specifically turbocharger/rotating machine testing) would be advantageous although is not essential.
- Use of AutoCAD electrical for producing schematics, layout drawings, BOMS, wiring schedules and supporting documentation, using the agreed company standards.
- Liaising with panel and enclosure build technicians (in house) to ensure a consistent build process. Devising, documenting and carrying out subsystem testing prior to full system assembly in the test facility.
- Developing innovative solutions to potentially complex measurement or control problems. Carrying out DFMEA or similar assessments as part of a team to ensure designs meet functional and safety requirements.
- Working with the team and project leader to agree time / resource plans, consideration given to scope of work and project risk. Reporting of progress vs plan and developing mitigation plans as necessary.
- Knowledge of the following standards and technologies would be highly beneficial; Machinery directive and associated BS-EN standards to compliance, Allen Bradley RSLogix/Studio 5000 programming and hardware design for safety PLCs, Common industrial protocol for Allen Bradley PLC, Modbus sensors and control elements.
- Distributed I/O systems, Allen Bradley / Rockwell VFDs for typical 5kW machinery, ABB VFDs for typical 5kW machinery, Eurotherm and EPACK controllers and iTools software
- College/University Degree in Engineering Technology or equivalent, is required. Electrical or Electronics Engineering Bachelor’s or Master’s degree highly desirable.
- Electrical qualification for LV design work, i.e. 17th Edition wiring regulations.
£30.00 - £32.00 per hour
A busy manufacturing organisation in the Redditch area, have a requirement for an experienced Press Setter.
They have been established for many years, and supply their products into a wide variety of different industry sectors, both here in the UK and overseas.
Due to the breadth of different industry sector they work with, this gives them stability and puts them in a strong position in their market place.
They need a new Press Setter to strengthen their team
Duties and Requirements:
- Setting a small number of blanking press machines
- Working an afternoon shift – 2 / 10pm
- Paid Overtime
- It is a requirement that you have previous Press Setting experience
- A current Counter Balance fork lift truck licence would be beneficial
- This is an immediate start
- Salary : £9.50 Per Hour
- Shift Allowance
- Paid Overtime
- Pleasant Working Environment
- Location : Redditch
- Permanent Afternoon Shift
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a well- established manufacturing facility, where you would be able to enjoy long-term prospects and carer progression. You will also be joining a friendly team, with supportive management.
For further information, please call send your CV ASAP.
Who We Are
Probe UK is a leading technical engineering recruitment consultancy that specialises in all aspects of the engineering sector. From aeronautical and automotive engineering to precision engineering, manufacturing and technical designers, we have worked for clients from all spectrums of the engineering and design industry in sourcing the perfect candidates.
Probe provided me with valuable assistance and advice when I was searching for a new role. It was a pleasure working with them, I cannot recommend them highly enough. I found their approach honest, reliable and he totally understood what I was looking for, something which isn't always the case with recruiters. I would not hesitate to contact Probe in the future if my circumstances changed