10 Quality Engineering Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
Probe Technical Recruitment is recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Team Leader (Electrical) to join a heavy manufacturing environment which are a number 1 producer of their product. You will assist in all Maintenance activities on site and will help ensure that factory production budgets are met.
- Weekly Paid Annual Salary of £37,000
- Sociable Hours of Work: 7.00am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (with the flexibility to work overtime as and when required)
- 25 + 8 Days Holiday
- Company Pension
Duties for Maintenance Team Leader:
- Install and or maintain all electrical & electro-mechanical plant or machinery in line with Company requirements
- Operate a preventative electrical maintenance system to ensure that the plant & machinery are in good working order
- Fault find and repair any electrical or electro-mechanical related problems on the plant or equipment
- Program all Siemens & other PLC equipment
- Order and collect spares and electrical materials for new and existing plant in keeping with the required standards
Requirements for Maintenance Team Leader:
- 17th / 18th edition qualified
- Leadership Experience
- Apprentice trained in a relevant electrical maintenance qualification, ideally ONC / BTEC / HNC / BTEC level
- An understanding of programming and problem solving on PLC systems (Siemens / Omron)
- An appreciation of FMCG / production line experience
- IOSH managing safely is desirable
We will also be interested in talking to Maintenance Supervisors, Team Leaders, and Maintenance Managers with an Electrical Bias.
Are you currently a Trade Compliance Manager with an excellent understanding of the UK and European Trade Compliance regulations? Probe Recruitment are currently engaged with a with a word class global engineering business that is looking recruit an experienced Trade Compliance Manager. Reporting the Director of Compliance, the Trade Compliance Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the division’s European locations are in full compliance with the import and export laws of the countries where they do business. This role will provide you with a varied and interesting workload; every day will provide you with a different challenge. As well as a competitive salary you will receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme and a generous car allowance.
Trade Compliance Manager duties will include: -
• Design, implement and manage a robust customs compliance program for UK and EU locations. Define responsibility for completion of activities for the UK/EU locations and develop and define processes to perform these activities.
• Develop a personnel-training matrix that identifies what type of training is required, the time frame for initial and renewable training, and tracks the status of the training program. Personally, deliver training as required.
• Design and implement an ongoing training program on import/export awareness for Plant personnel, focusing on non-product issues and the regulations around common commodities, including, but not limited to HMRC, ECO, EU, ITAR, EAR, CBP, Routed Transactions, TSCA, and other EU and EU country specific trade compliance agencies.
• Develop and maintain an import/export matrix to include classifications, license requirements and shipment restrictions.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures for import and export activities in the areas of Compliance and Record keeping.
• Be responsible for compliance oversight of reviewing and approving all import entries.
- Manages the export license applications process to the HMRC and ECO e.g. SIELs, OGELs, UK GEAs, as well as US Technical Assistance Agreements (TAA), Manufacturing License Agreements (MLA) and Marketing Licenses.
• When required, develop and manage an FTZ to avoid or delay the application of duties on imports when appropriate, and or an IPR or similar program.
We are seeking to recruit a Maintenance Team Leader for a client who are an independent manufacturer and supplier of their products to the foodservice market, whilst also supplying the retail sector. This is an excellent role for someone wanting to join a well-established Maintenance team far away from the highs and lows of the manufacturing sector. You will work a mixture of 12-hour days and nights on a 4 on 5 off pattern.
Along with a competitive salary of £43,500 the role of Maintenance Team Leader also offers a company pension, plenty of development, training and progression opportunities and over time rates paid at time and a half.
Skills and Requirements:
- The Engineering team you will lead are a team of 3 Engineers providing a high class reactive and preventative maintenance to the site. Ideally you will be apprentice trained or have a relevant Engineering qualification with experience in a manufacturing / production environment, previous experience working as a Maintenance Team Leader of Supervisor with FMCG experience would be highly beneficial.
- Project installations
- Diagnosing and rectifying faults
- Improvement works and general repair
- Maintenance within the food manufacturing environment
This role of Maintenance Team Leader is commutable from Hinckley, Rugby, Tamworth, Coventry and Leicester.
We are seeking to recruit a Maintenance Electrician for a client who are an independent manufacturer and supplier of their products to the foodservice market, whilst also supplying the retail sector. This is an excellent role for someone wanting to join a well-established Maintenance team far away from the highs and lows of the manufacturing sector.
Along with a competitive salary of £41,000 the role of Maintenance Electrician also offers a company pension, plenty of development, training and progression opportunities and over time rates paid at time and a half.
Skills and Requirements:
- Ideally you will be multi-skilled, with both electrical and mechanical experience, however we are interested in Maintenance Engineers with an electrical bias.
- Ideally you will be apprentice trained or have a relevant Engineering qualification with experience in a manufacturing / production environment, FMCG experience would be highly beneficial.
- Project installations
- Diagnosing and rectifying faults
- Improvement works and general repair
- Maintenance within the food manufacturing environment
This role of Maintenance Electrician is commutable from Hinckley, Rugby, Tamworth, Coventry and Leicester.
As a Mechanical Maintenance Technician, you will be joining an established Maintenance Engineering team in this Heavy Industry setting to maintain manufacturing machinery.
This company are a market leader in their field and have been established for over 100 years. This is a Heavy Industry, high volume production environment based in the West Midlands which is commutable from Wolverhampton, Dudley, Walsall, Cannock, and Birmingham.
- In return, the salary is £40,000 for a 4on / 4off shift pattern
- Paid overtime
- 33 days holiday per year
- Annual bonus
- In the role of Mechanical Maintenance Technician, you will be undertaking both planned and reactive maintenance tasks across the facility that will require you to hold a strong mechanical engineering background including experience of working with Hydraulics.
- You will be completing preventative maintenance checks.
- You will be undertaking welding, fabrication and installation work where necessary.
- You will be working a 4on / 4off Days and Night rotating 12 hr shift pattern
Skills & Experience:
- To be successful in this Mechanical Maintenance Technician role, you will ideally be apprentice trained and will hold an HNC or City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering or a similar Engineering qualification.
- You will need to have experience in maintaining plant and equipment within a Heavy Industry manufacturing or production environment and will hold welding abilities.
- I would be keen to speak to Engineers who have previous experience within roles such as Maintenance Engineer or Mechanical Engineer.
If you are interested, please submit your CV ASAP.
An excellent opportunity has arisen within one of our clients for an experienced Automation Engineer to join the team. The candidate should have proven experience in at least two PLCs such as Siemens S7, Mitsubishi or Rockwell ControlLogix/CompactLogix and willing to learn. You will be required to spend some time working on customers sites installing and commissioning systems but will mainly be based at the head office.
Essential requirements for Automation Engineer include:
- PLC programming of control systems from given designs
- Involvement throughout whole software/systems lifecycle, from design through coding to testing, installation and configuration, and documentation.
- Installation and configuration/testing work at customer sites
- Appropriate engineering qualification (degree/HND) or comparable industrial experience
- Knowledge of PLC system design working as an Automation Engineer
- The company offer a competitive salary DOE, and great company package.
This role is commutable from Litchfield, Tamworth, Burton on Trent, Derby and Leicester.
An organisation that has created a global name for itself in Gas Seals and Valves is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join its internal Applications Team, based in Slough.
The position will be responsible for performing a variety of engineering and design tasks on the specified product range.
Based within a team the role will jointly review & process customers application requests and carry out the following duties:
- Following standard techniques and procedures, selection / application of standard or special seal products to meet customers' needs.
- Generation of engineering proposals / specifications for standard or special products, including determining cost-effective materials for production
- Seal calculations (including leakage calculations, heat generation, balance temp, flow rates etc.) and other engineering calculations as required
- Provide applications guidance to CAD Engineers to complete layout (GA) and detail drawings
- Prepare material and other relevant product specifications for internal and external use
- Field troubleshooting, including analysis of problems / recommendation & implementation of appropriate solutions, meeting with customers in plant or at customer’s site to resolve satisfactorily
- Detailed failure analysis activities, including investigation / reporting / resolution
- Identify & evaluate Value Engineering initiatives.
- Approve / reject in-house manufactured or bought out parts that do not conform to drawing specification (Concessions/Deviations).
Other responsibilities will include - Product Development:
- Support the transition of a product from development into production.
- Creation of test specifications & plans.
- Product assembly / disassembly – including seals / couplings / bearings / others as appropriate to role.
- Installation of products on to test rigs.
- Manage / perform / monitor various forms of static / dynamic seal test projects to specified test criteria, whether as part of product development or for customer-specific tests.
- Recording of test results.
- Creation of test reports.
- Evaluation of test results.
- General support to lab / test activities as required, e.g. preparation & commissioning of test rigs, preparation of seal components (this may include lapping & polishing and other processes at times), design of test adaptors / fixtures, & other relevant CAD design work, maintenance of test facilities & associated plant etc.
- Support internal and external practical training, customer visits and customer witness tests as required
- Contribute to quality reporting, reporting back to other parts of the business as appropriate
- Along with the other team members, contribute to maintaining a safe and efficient working environment, including following appropriate HSE procedures / performance of risk assessments as appropriate
- Along with other team members, promote a culture of continuous improvement in housekeeping, work processes, etc.
- Detailed technical presentations to customers in order to support sales
- Deliver basic technical training externally to customers as required.
- Manage and report personal workload, forecast job lead-times to meet customer and departmental objectives
- Raise / process / approve Engineering Change Notice (ECN) requests
- Formal qualification in engineering - BEng degree (UK) or overseas equivalent; although an HNC/HND with proven experience may be considered.
- Ideally the Engineer may be pursuing local ‘chartered’ status (e.g. CEng or, overseas equivalent)
- Good experience in an application / CAD role, with relevant product / equipment / industry knowledge. (3D CAD Skills)
- A good background in developing and working with Seal, Couplings, Bearing or similar components
- Good First Principle Mechanical Engineering Methods ability.
- Good mathematical and hand calculation ability.
- Good exposure to setting up and running testing cycles and collating relevant data.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing methods
This is a great opportunity to join a busy and dynamic team, where projects and workloads are varied and interesting.
For more information please contact send your latest CV ASAP.
Probe Technical recruitment is recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer to join a process environment within the heavy industry. The role holder will be responsible for driving plant availability through ensuring all PPM’s, reactive maintenance, engineering and process improvements are carried out and implemented in a timely manner. You must have experience within environments which include chemical processing, oil refineries, quarrying, recycling, power generation, steel works or within a heavy plant overhaul support organisation.
Requirements for Maintenance Engineer will include:
- Mechanical engineering qualification NVQ Level 3 minimum
- Mechanical engineering qualification desirable
- Process minded with experience within an industrial maintenance role
- General duties will include responding to reactive breakdowns in a timely manner to minimise downtime and ensuring shift handovers and reports are completed effectively and communicated daily.
- The company operate a continental shift pattern of 4 on 4 off days and nights, a competitive salary of £34,000 along with good holiday and pension.
This role is commutable from Peterborough, Boston, Bourne and Grantham.
This is an opportunity for a Maintenance Electrician to join an existing maintenance team within a non-automotive manufacturer with over 2000 employees across there sites. They have had a presence in the region for over 75 years and an excellent reputation.
- Attend breakdowns as requested, assess cause, strip down and determine best method of repair and affect repair.
- Able to read electrical, British and European standard drawings.
- Install replacement components or carry out repairs using necessary equipment.
- Reassemble, check and test run all equipment for effective and safe operation following repair and return to Production.
- Attend to equipment faults in response to requests from Management as a result of machinery malfunctioning and carry our adjustments and/or repairs as necessary. Complete required documentation i.e. Pemac work orders or time sheets
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits to electrical engineering drawings, equipment and fixtures using multi meter.
- Skill requirements will be to assemble, install, test and maintain electrical wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures and P.L.C.’s, P.C.’s and robots (A.B.B.) using hand tools, power tools and measuring instruments.
- This Maintenance Electricians role will require you to have basic mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic knowledge and be trained to a minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Benefits include a Morning, Afternoons and Nights Mon - Friday shift with occasional overtime available at weekends. Along with a competitive salary the company offers 25 + 8 holidays, pension and other company benefits.
Probe Technical Recruitment are seeking to recruit a proven Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join our plant Maintenance and Production team to support our operation within the Midlands region. We are a leading manufacturer and have an excellent reputation for product quality and continuous improvement. As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, you will be required to undertake planned and reactive maintenance tasks throughout our facility and improve and maintain plant reliability.
Some duties may include but not limited to:
- Logical approach to fault finding and diagnostics on wide range of plant and machinery
- Optimising production efficiency, pro-actively rectifying issues with anticipation of improvements required
- Documenting all work and activities as per company requirements.
- Installation, modification, and refurbishment of equipment, machinery and facilities
- You must hold a time served engineering apprenticeship and hold equivalent of an ONC/City Guilds 3 in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience of working in a precision engineering (CNC) manufacturing environment is beneficial and equal abilities with Hydraulics, Pneumatics and Mechanical process.
- Salary - £32,000
- Plenty of scope for Overtime
- Plus Annual Leave
- Double day shift pattern
This role is commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Loughborough and Ashby-de-la-Zouch.
We would also be keen to talk to Maintenance Electricians and Maintenance Technicians for this role.