Engine Build Technician - Prototype / Development
We are working with a specialist low volume Engine / Powertrain developer who are involved in a range of prototype and product testing projects. The organisation has a strong history of providing tailored solutions for their customers with short lead times.
To support the development and prototype department a technician is required to assist in the first build, test and assembly of components and parts that form high performance engines. The role will also be involved in testing and ensuring that data and results meet the required standards and compliance needed to achieve a successful sign-off.
As a company they boast a strong team of engineers, production specialists and trades people and a strong reputation for providing best in class products.
- Reporting to the Section Leader / Manager the position will assist building and testing various parts and components and also the complete engine build.
- Working in a small team environment and ensuring procedures and methods are followed.
- Assemble and put together complex components in a way that meets mechanical engineering standards.
- Use various associated tools and equipment to fit, check and test the whole product or components.
- Run and maintain test cycles to ensure builds are correct and fit for purpose.
- Advise and report issues and assist in the development of concessions and design changes via testing.
- The role will be a day’s shift routine with a 12-noon finish on a Friday
Skills & Experience:
- We are seeking someone with a formal apprenticeship and training within a mechanical engineering / assembly environment (Ideally Engines / Powertrain Applications)
- At least a few years relevant industry experience of being an Engine Build Technician or similar.
- Knowledge of working with test rigs and collating data very desirable.
- Good communication skills
The role will be working in a very positive and friendly environment with a variety of projects and work.
The role comes with a good pension, healthcare and 33 Days Holidays
12 noon finishes on Friday’s
Be part of team environment with liaison with other departments.
For more information please send your CV ASAP.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer to join a maintenance team maintaining a range of automated plant and facilities in an FMCG and packaging setting based in Tipton, working Mon – Fri alternating AM + PM shifts.
- In the role of Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer you will be dealing with both planned and reactive maintenance to a range of plant machinery within this automated FMCG plant.
- This is an all-rounder role where you will be required to work on your own initiative as well as working as part of a team and must be able to work to set guidelines.
- The shift pattern for this Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer role is Double Days Monday – Friday alternating 6am-2pm, 13.30pm- 10pm
- In order to qualify you will ideally be apprentice trained, be multi skilled and hold electrical certificates such as 17th/18th Edition Wiring Regulations. Industry wise we are looking for engineers with FMCG, Food or packaging experience.
As a Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer the salary on offer is up to £30,000 depending on experience, no call out required. You will be joining a reputable company who are a leader in their field.
This is an URGENT role. If you are interested in knowing more please submit your CV ASAP.
A LONG established organisation in the Birmingham area, are looking to hire an experienced Chemical Engineer.
As their Chemical Engineer, you will be tasked with acting as the Site Chemical expert, advising on matters such as design, safety and materials of construction and processing techniques.
- Determining the scope of hazard assessment relevant to process
- Conducting calculations and deciding on test programmes
- Initiate and lead HAZOPS as required
- Working closely with the Projects team, in order to develop plant design, layout and costings
- Acting as the Chemical expert on Process Improvement Groups and Project Teams
- Advise research department
- Advise other Engineers on technical matters
- Taking responsibility for budget and overall design and completion
- Organise design and commissioning work and requests for resources
- Graduate Chemical engineer.
- Chartered or actively working towards chartered engineering status.
- Relevant industrial experience
- Experience of developing new processes and improving existing ones.
- On-plant experience in commissioning and practical trouble shooting skills
- COMAH regulations & implementation would be beneficial but not essential
- Experience of DSEAR methodology, again, would be beneficial but not essential
- Experience of SIL and LOPA assessments
- Relief system sizing & DIERS methodology
Salary - £35,000 - £40,000
25 Days Holiday
You will be joining a strong, busy organisation, and you will be supported by a strong management team.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join continue your successful career. Send your CV ASAP.
This Sales & Purchasing Administrator requires you to have previous experience in Sales or Purchasing Admin. You will receive great basic salary plus a fantastic benefits package incl; Bonus Scheme! 31 days holiday (incl 8 Bank hols), Pension Scheme, Cash Healthcare Plan, Free Parking.
As the Sales & Purchasing Administrator - you will be working for a Global Manufacturing Company whose product has an outstanding reputation for its quality and performance. They have maintained this reputation for over 50 years!
As the Sales & Purchasing Administrator, your duties will include two main areas of HR:
- Reviewing Customers orders and entering on system, print off and check
- Liaise with Planning team on a daily basis, re orders being placed and providing information on actual production / plan
- Balance order book, tying up discrepancies
- Ensure all relevant filing and record systems are accurate and up to date
- Participate in Rolling Sales Forecast meetings
- Keeping Customer records up to date
- Assist in prep of quotations
- Raising orders and sending to Suppliers
- Negotiating prices and liaising with Suppliers (consumables / Stationary)
- Obtaining quotes and raising purchase orders for general factory items etc
- Chasing suppliers to ensure deliveries are on time
- General Office Administration
I would be very excited to speak with you if you have:
- Previous experience as a Sales & Purchasing Administrator (or either or) is essential (Pref 2 years)
- English and Maths qualification
- Strong IT skills
- Previous experience of liasing with customers is essential
- French Speaking candidates would have a definite advantage!
- Good Problem solving skills
- Good Planning and organising skills essential
Benefits package for the Sales & Purchasing Administrator:
- Monthly Bonus Scheme - based on company performance
- 31 days holiday (incl 8 Bank hols)
- Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Life assurance
- Health Cash Plan
To find out more about this fabulous opportunity, please contact send your CV ASAP.
Are you an experienced Supervisor, Quality Control Engineer, Quality Engineer or Quality Supervisor looking for a new challenge within a prestigious, fast paced environment?
The company pride themselves in the quality of their work and the industry they are in. The commitment towards customer focus, quality, experience, partnership and trust is exceptional. They are seeking a Quality Supervisor to ensure consistent quality throughout production manufacturing to achieve the highest specification and improve processes directly to the finished product.
The Quality Supervisor will be fully committed to the 8D reporting processes and:
- Audit and improve quality processes and work instructions
- Identify weaknesses and maintain process control
- Carry out first off / last off inspections
- Implement fault-finding processes
- Liaise with customers internally
Skills & Experience:
The successful Quality Supervisor will have:
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a CNC manufacturing environment
- Experience interpreting engineering, technical drawings
- A high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with APQP documents: FMEAs, Control Plans, Instruction sheets, Flowcharts etc
- Experience with ISO 9001.
- Strong communication and management skills
I would be keen to speak with candidates who have experience as a Quality Engineer, Senior Quality Engineer, Quality Supervisor or Quality Assurance/Control Engineer / Supervisor who are seeking a new opportunity.
A competitive salary
Generous holiday entitlement
Health Care Scheme
Attractive Working Hours
This role is commutable from Cannock, Burntwood, Wolverhampton, Willenhall, Dudley, Walsall, Telford, Stafford, Birmingham, and surrounding areas.
For an informal chat or to apply for this position or to discuss any further please send your CV complete with a cover letter ASAP.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH AND SAFETY ADVISOR – PART-TIME
With a strong presence in Kent, this site is responsible for providing complex components through a 24-7 operation
We are looking for a strong Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor, to ensure all Health, Safety and Environmental policies are followed and understood.
- Ensure Health, safety and environmental working conditions are followed
- Maintain accident statistics
- Ensure adherence and maintenance of existing OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001
- Lead accident / incident near miss investigations
- Ensure Company has all the necessary permits and licenses
- Monitor and advise on waste disposal system
- Manage all issues relating to the COSHH database
- Undertake risk assessment
- Lead in-house training
- NEBOSH certificate
- Relevant Health, Safety and Environmental experience from within a manufacturing environment
- Good knowledge of environmental management systems
- Previous experience of developing and delivering training
- An inspiring, encouraging personality
Salary - £33,000 - £35,000 (PRO-RATA)
This is an exceptional opportunity, to be part of a World Class manufacturing organisation, where your prospects are assured. No 2 days will ever be the same here!
Send your CV ASAP.
With a strong presence in the West Midlands, this site is responsible for providing complex components through a 24-7 operation
We are looking for a strong Manufacturing Engineer, to ensure optimisation of processes. As the Manufacturing Engineer, you will be driving production driven improvements and supporting new projects.
- Developing and improving manufacturing processes alongside quality control measures in order to maximise both qualitative and quantitative output from the plant
- Responsible for helping create and design standard operating procedures for manufacturing personnel including all necessary attention to drawing requirements and specifications.
- Identify crucial areas for process improvements and assimilate action teams to implement changes
- Responsible for line support, overcoming any technical issues relating to that area
- Ensuring that all safe working practices are operational and documented thoroughly, encompassing PFMEA's, training/development and Risk Assessments.
- Introduce new technologies into the business, whilst developing existing technologies
- Minimum HNC or equivalent in engineering related discipline
- Time serves Apprenticeship
- Previous experience in high-volume manufacturing processes
- Strong knowledge of Process Control Techniques
- Project management experience
- To have the ability to be able to analyse and resolve technical issues
- Ambitious and highly motivated
Benefits for a Manufacturing Engineer:
Salary - £36,000 - £40,000
Second to none progression prospects
This is an exception, once in a lifetime opportunity, to be part of a World Class manufacturing organisation, where your prospects are assured. No 2 days will ever be the same here!
You will be joining a team of like-minded highly motivated professional Engineers.
Send your CV ASAP.
Established over 35 years ago, this business is a world leading supplier and manufacturer of specialist products that make a real difference to people’s lives.
The role of an Operations Manager will report directly into the board of directors and the incumbent will have responsibility for the manufacturing, supply chain and NPI teams as well as ensuring that quality is always maintained, site health & safety and maintenance is adhered to. They are looking for an experienced Operations Manager who can drive change whilst motivating and inspiring the team.
Key Responsibilities of an Operations Manager:
- Ensure all activities are carried out in line with health, safety and environmental requirements and are continually reviewed for safe working practice
- Proactively lead, coach, motivate and develop team members to ensure delivery of best in class service for customers
- Effectively lead and oversee production activities to ensure profitable manufacture of products in accordance with set targets and KPI’s
- Review and deliver operational efficiency to improve customer satisfaction and reduce costs in both manufacturing and supply chain
- Establish goals, set priorities and critically analyse operational performance to ensure business objectives are met and exceeded
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and Lean Manufacturing principles which encourage staff to share their ideas to optimise production efficiencies
- Provide support and guidance to the NPI team that:
- Ensures new products are introduced to market on time
- The change management process runs smoothly and efficiently for managing changes within products, manufacturing processes and supply
- Through the supply chain team ensure that client has the correct stock levels that provide both the service and OTIF targets that deliver their customer service offering of next day delivery
- As a ISO:9001 business, you will oversee the management of the quality system ensuring the business is compliant and ISO accreditation is maintained
- Having experience of successfully delivering business process change, including the use of business systems and ERP, that delivers an effective operational function with improved efficiency, quality and accuracy
Person Specification of an Operations Manager:
- You will have a depth of operational management experience, within a medium sized manufacturing business, that has actively included functions such as; NPI, Quality and Supply Chain
- You will have a customer focussed orientation
- Engineering background (light to medium, not heavy or industrial), preferably qualified to Degree level
- Outstanding leader with excellent people management skills, empowering staff through clear direction and support
- Experience of successful lean implementation, a development of a culture of continuous improvement and driving efficiencies
- Able to coach, mentor and develop staff from shop floor to senior management level in building collaborative relationships
Salary for an Operations Manager:
- £50,000 - £60,000
Commutable from Nottingham, Derby, Chesterfield, Worksop, Newark
We are seeking to recruit a proven Service Engineer to join our customer service support team across the UK and EIRE (nights away will be required in the week).
As a Service Engineer you will be required to report to the Service Manager installing a range of machines and bar feeds along with breakdown repairs and machine maintenance.
Some duties may include:
- Pre-Delivery Inspection
- Customer Telephone Support
- Breakdown Repairs
- Machine Maintenance & Servicing
- You must be qualified Mechanically or Electrically i.e. NVQ / Apprenticeship / City & Guilds and have previous experience as a Field Service Engineer or Service Engineer.
- You must have experience working on multi axis CNC lathes and Fanuc control systems are very much desirable.
- You must also be experience with diagnostic fault finding and be able to work with basic pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- If you have had experience with sliding head this would be great however it is not essential as training will be provided.
Benefits for a Service Engineer:
Salary is negotiable dependant on your experience and ranges from £25,000-£35,000
Plus annual leave of 25 days
Life Assurance 3x Salary
Private Health Care
Excellent Bonus Quarterly (in your contract paid each quarter).
This role is commutable from anywhere in the UK, however head office is commutable from Chesterfield, Nottingham, Derby, Burton upon Trent and Stoke on Trent
A position has become available for a Maintenance Electrician holding a 70/30 Split to join an organisation based in the Manchester location. This will be a Fixed term contract as the site will closing in January 2020. Ideally this individual will hold experience within a Food Manufacturing organisation.
The ideal Maintenance Electrician will hold:
- Ideally the maintenance electrician will hold experience within a food manufacturing organisation.
- Hold a 70 / 30 Split - Electrically Biased
- Hold PLC’s experience with Siemens / Allen Bradley or Mitsubishi - Fault finding abilities
- Liquid handling would at an advantage
- Additional Skills: Motors and Drives, Conveyors, Hydraulics & Pneumatics
- Previous experience within a Maintenance Electrician role
- Previous experience within a Food Manufacturing organisation
- To have experience with Liquid Handling.
- Apprentice trained
- HNC / ONC in Electrical Engineering
- 17th Editions / 18th Editions
Benefits for a Maintenance Electrician:
Salary - £37,000 - £38,000
Fixed Term Contract for a year (End Date January 2020)
Shift Work Included
25 + 8 Days Holiday
Location - Manchester
If the details look of interest and you hold the experience required please send your CV ASAP.
Probe provided me with valuable assistance and advice when I was searching for a new role. It was a pleasure working with them, I cannot recommend them highly enough. I found their approach honest, reliable and he totally understood what I was looking for, something which isn't always the case with recruiters. I would not hesitate to contact Probe in the future if my circumstances changed