This is an exciting opportunity for an Internal Sales Engineer to join a well-established company, with over 50 years of experience.
Reporting to the Internal Sales Manager you will provide solutions to customers and potential customers in both machinery and component sales.
This is a growing, local company and a genuine opportunity for the right candidate to have and develop a successful career.
- Identify potential customers and use best endeavours to encourage them to become customers, make and maintain contact with existing customers to provide technical support and to encourage further sales
- Provide quotations and solutions to customers' requirements, follow up enquiries and quotations, raise sales orders and jobs in a timely and accurate fashion, provide general feedback from clients
- Assist in setting targets and work towards maintaining and increasing sales figures
- Telephone technical assistance, both pre and post- contract, where required, on-site technical assistance, both pre and post-contract, where required
- Co-operate with other departments by maintaining good lines of communication and recognition of over-lapping problems
- Contribute to LEAN activities such as: process improvement, including 5s within the sales office
- General administrative duties and maintenance of the CRM system
- Committed to producing products right first time
- Reliable with good levels of housekeeping
- Good communicator at all levels
- Good time keeping is essential and the ability to work as part of a team, as well as use your own initiative
- Assist in the identification of training needs for your as an individual and for the sales team
- Experience within an engineering sales environment is preferred
Package and Benefits:
- Salary £25,000 - £30,000 (negotiable)
- 6% employer contributory pension
- Death in Service, 4x annual salary
- 30 days, including statutory, rising to 33 days
- Company performance bonus, 5% of salary
Commutable From: Peterborough, Boston, Stamford, Wisbech, Market Deeping
Probe Recruitment are supporting a Manufacturing organisation in Banbury who are looking for an Assistant Plant Controller with responsibility for controlling all plant costs and internal controls, compiling the annual budgets/forecasts and ensuring that all statutory reporting requirements are met.
- Control of Plant Direct Margin Costs: Control all direct margin costs at part level.
- Change Control: Review and approval of sales price, BOM and standard costs changes. Develop reporting systems to communicate impact of changes
- Standard Costs: Set up and maintain standard costing for existing parts. Develop reporting systems to communicate financial margins at part, commodity and vehicle level
- New vehicle projects: Review new program costs down to EBITDA level. Ensure integrity between programs reported profits and plant level profitability. Develop reporting systems to communicate profitability status at program milestones.
- Launch costs: Control and report all plant launch costs. Work with launch team to prepare annual launch forecast
- Monthly forecasting: Support Plant Controller during monthly forecasting process.
- P&L responsibility: Full responsibility for specific P&L lines.
- Month End procedures: Journal preparation, P&L and Balance Sheet analysis during 3 day close. Balance Sheet reconciliation
- Corporate reporting: Complete monthly direct margin report for monthly management information pack including commentary. Support Plant Controller on other reports required for monthly management pack.
As a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer you will be joining this leading Manufacturing company based just outside of Kidderminster. You will be joining an existing Maintenance Engineering team to undertake breakdown and preventative maintenance in this modern production facility.
- This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and qualified Mechanical Maintenance Engineer.
- In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving all aspects of the equipment and plant on site in a modern fast paced heavy manufacturing environment at a major manufacturing site.
- Working in a team you will be covering a 4 on / 4 off shift pattern working alternating Days and Nights 6am -6pm / 6pm - 6am.
- To be successful in this role you will need to hold a recognised Mechanical Engineering Qualification to a minimum of NVQ level 3 and will be Apprentice trained.
- You will also need to have previous experience of maintaining machinery in a fast paced production environment and fault finding on hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Experience of TPM and continuous improvement would also be of benefit.
- I would be keen to speak with candidates who have experience of reactive + preventative mechanical maintenance supporting plant machinery as either a Mechanical Fitter, Maintenance Engineer or similar role.
- In return, you will receive an excellent salary package which is paid weekly from £35,000 - £44,000 depending on skills and experience, including shift allowance.
- There is the opportunity for guaranteed overtime which can also increase your earnings.
If you are interested in knowing more please send your CV ASAP.
£11.70 + OVERTIME + COMPANY BONUS + LIFE AND HEALTH INSURANCE + SUBSIDESED CANTEEN + PENSION
Are you a skilled CNC machinist?
One of our biggest clients is looking for a CNC machinist to join their Manufacturing team. They are a large and well known company in their industry. This is a very stable job due to their extremely high retention rate.
This vacancy is commutable from Blackburn, Bradford, Preston, Manchester, Wigan, Rochdale, Bolton and other surrounding areas
- In the role you will set up tools and loads materials
- You will be required to machine components to tight tolerances
- As CNC Machinist you will use Inspection/Measureing equipment to ensure components manufactured are compliant with drawings and tolerances.
- You will be responsible for keeping a tidy work area
- In this role you will read and interepret engineering drawings
- As CNC Machinist you will have experience of working with a variety of CNC machinery such as Mori Seiki, Okuma and Nakamura. (Nakamura is preferred).
- You will have experience working with a range of materials. Ideally Stainless Steel.
- As CNC Machinist you will be capable of working to tight tolerances.
- You will have gained experience in CNC Turning with some exposure to CNC Milling.
- You will have had some experience using measuring/inspection equipment
£11.70 Per Hour plus Shift Premium depending on shift
Competitive overtime available/Shift Premium
Shift Patterns available - Days / Twilight / Night Shift available (£11.70 + £4.41 / £3.81 respectively)
Secure position within a well-established company
Be part of a great team
Opportunities to progress
Interviews are available immediately for successful candidates
Please feel free to have a confidential chat on the details below. What are you waiting for?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Production Manager to be part of an exciting, heavy manufacturing environment who are the world’s number one producer in their industry.
An organisation who take exceptional pride in what they manufacture, their reputation is enviable and the team is expanding. They will always invest and train candidates and employees to optimise skillsets and progression within the organisation. They have been manufacturing since 1819 with a huge presence in the UK and Europe.
I am keen to speak with experienced Production Managers, Senior Supervisors, Shift Managers or Manufacturing Managers who are seeking a new opportunity to be part of growing organisation.
- Managing all aspects of the operation
- Increase productivity whilst maintaining a high standard of product quality
- Maintain the workplace safety and environmental performance to the appropriate standards
- Ensure correct planning of production requirements
- Identify and deliver improvements to the production and quality process to ensure agreed cost and efficient production schedules
- Plan and facilitate preventative maintenance
- Provide a leadership style that promotes teamwork, open communication and continuous improvement
Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 4years’ experience in a managerial role within a high production environment
- A qualification in leadership and management
- Experience with lean manufacturing techniques
- IOSH qualification
The successful candidate will work Monday to Friday 8am-5pm
33 days holiday - inclusive of bank holidays
Be entitled to a performance related bonus
Private Health Care
This role is just outside Kidderminster and commutable from Stourport-on-Severn, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Worcester, Bridgnorth, Wolverhampton, Birmingham, Stourbridge, Dudley and surrounding areas.
For an informal chat or to apply for this position or to discuss any further please send your CV complete with a cover letter to ASAP.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an additional CNC Programmer to be part of an expanding, developing organisation within the engineering industry.
An evolving organisation who take exceptional pride in what they engineer and manufacture, their reputation is enviable and the team is expanding. They will always invest and train candidates and employees to optimise skillsets and progression within the organisation.
I am keen to speak with experienced CNC Programmers who are seeking a new opportunity to be part of growing organisation.
The CNC Programmer will:
- Programme, Set and operate CNC machines using Heidenhain controls
- Set tools and input work shifts
- Edit programs using Heidenhain control systems
Skills & Experience:
The CNC Programmer will have:
- Experience as a Programmer and Setter
- Suitable industry recognised qualifications or a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Knowledge of inspection techniques and maintaining records
The successful CNC Programmer will work Monday to Thursday 7am-4pm and 7am-12.30pm on a Friday
25 Days Holiday plus Statutory Bank Holidays
This role is commutable from Wolverhampton, Walsall, Oldbury, Birmingham, Dudley, Stourbridge and West Brom and has a train station close by.
For an informal chat or to apply for this position or to discuss any further please send your CV complete with a cover letter ASAP.
Maintenance Team Leader - Electrical & Mechanical
(Hands on Team-leader position - Holding Electrical & Mechanical Abilities)
A position has become available for an experienced Hands on Maintenance Team-Leader who holds both Electrical and Mechanical abilities to join an organisation based in the Blackburn location.
Main duties on site:
- Effective organisational and communication skills
Ability to take ownership and step up when challenges present themselves
Problem solving skills, Resilient and Imaginative
SMART working practises and good time management
Ability to lead, delegate and/or show initiative as part of a team
- Maintenance requirements: actioned on time and within budget.
- Health & Safety requirements: actioned on time and communicated.
- Liaise with Operations and other associated departments to maintain awareness of the company’s engineering needs and respond appropriately with suitable tactical solutions.
- Analyse PPM and performance against priority activities to support the achievement of departmental KPIs.
- Contribute to the development of departmental strategies to establish value added partnerships with associated departments, suppliers and customers.
- Lead and/or support projects with company-wide departments to understand and analyse business problems to identify and implement quality engineering business solutions.
- Effectively coordinate the Engineering Maintenance Team by providing, work instructions, schedules and guidance to team members through engineering expertise.
- Conduct departmental reviews to communicate performance to line manager for self and direct reports.
As a Team Leader you will:
- Communicate significant threats to business, team or personal performance to the Company Directors in a timely and effective manner.
- Identify and document engineering solutions based on expertise, FMEAs (current cost wastage) and company needs and propose for Senior Management review.
- Ensure machinery, plant, electrical and mechanical infrastructure is of the required standard to conduct processes effectively, efficiently and safely.
- Support the Operations & Innovations Directors via cost effective use of the Production Engineering budget and ensure compliance by executing and promoting effective and efficient practices within the department.
- Champion company Health and Safety and contribute to the creation of policies etc., follow industry regulations and promote appropriate practices within the department.
- Champion all aspects of quality throughout the department, Engineering Maintenance services, machinery, infrastructure etc. to support quality assurance.
- Provide and log, ‘on-the-job’ training to develop the capabilities of the team in line with company and departmental needs to ensure effective system of delegation or responsibilities.
- Manage responsibilities as depicted in company Health & Safety Policy.
- Apprentice Trained
- HNC / ONC in Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering
- Supervisory / Team leader experience
- Great Communication skills - able to commute at all levels.
- Able to work well within a team.
- Salary : £40,000
- Pension 5%
- 25 & 8 Days
- Parking on Site
- Flexible Working Hours
- 37.5 Hour
- Optional Working Hours (Will discuss in more detail)
- Location : Blackburn
If the details look of interest and you hold the experience required, please send your CV ASAP.
A leading manufacturing business requires an experienced Financial Controller to lead and manage all financial activities associated with its Redditch plant. The successful candidate will provide strategic and functional guidance to the plant operations team and will lead plant’s planning process including annual budget, quarterly projection, and standard setting. The successful candidate will be responsible for the financial accounting, reporting, and analysis in support of Plant and overall business requirements.
Financial Controller Responsibilities:
• Directly manage the Plant Finance Functions including cost system maintenance, standard cost development, and cost estimates for new and revised products
• Manage creation of and adherence to the production budget for the Plant.
• Responsible for budgeting and forecasting of standard costs, manufacturing variances, inventories and capital spending.
• Responsible for financial reporting and accurate product cost standards for all SKU's. Perform cost analysis and modelling of opportunistic sales proposals, continuous improvement project opportunities and new product introductions
• Establish, manage, and report on budgeted and actual expenses for respective cost centres and associates.
• General Accounting functions relating to review of monthly financial results, account analysis, and CIP analysis. Responsible for managing balance sheet reserves in order to minimize financial exposure of all business operations
• Provides Monthly and Quarterly Plant Performance presentation to Business Management Team and corporate representatives
• Manage directly and through others, the monthly close for the plant including the calculation and reporting of manufacturing costs and variances and Inventory transactions and balances
• Calculate, analyse, and report any variance standards on a monthly basis
• Perform cost analysis and modelling of opportunistic sales proposals, continuous improvement project opportunities and new product introductions
Skillsl and Experience:
• Knowledge & Experience 5 + years of senior finance and accounting management experience including cost accounting in a Manufacturing company
• Demonstrated track record of progressive financial work experience including financial modelling, operating expense control, trend analysis, budgeting, forecasting and strategic financial direction.
• 1-3 years of experience as a Plant Controller / Financial Controlling or similar role
• Strong command of the fundamentals of Cost Accounting
- Familiarity and experience with Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma is a plus
• Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
Probe Technical Recruitment are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Service Engineer to join a market leading machine manufacturer for the UK and Ireland to support an expanding customer base. The role would mainly be based at the Nottingham head office however sometimes travel may include the UK and Ireland. Previous experience within a machine tool background would be an advantage and previous experience as a Field Service Engineer.
Duties are as follows but not limited to:
- Equipment commissioning
- Service and maintenance of our high-tech machines for the production and maintenance of tools
- Emergency breakdowns and some operator training, participation in Exhibitions.
- Experience in both mechanical and electrical engineering. Either as a Service Engineer or Maintenance Engineer.
- PLC and SAP knowledge would be an advantage
- Flexible well organised with good communications skills
- A high degree of customer orientation and the willingness to travel
Not only do the company offer a competitive salary (£30,000-£35,000), a company car, pension, holiday and plenty of overtime, they also offer introduction training would be given here in the UK offices as well as their Headquarters abroad.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity for a motivated individual to join a world leading company.
Maintenance Recruitment Specialist Since 1999 specialising within the recruitment of Maintenance Engineers and Service Engineers.
The Company / Role:
Client provides detailed design, project management and construction management services to utility bodies, developers and contractors throughout the United Kingdom.
With a rapidly expanding workload and with a new client base, they now require an AutoCAD Project Engineer.
The candidate will be working within a small and dynamic team on a range of technically innovative projects for blue chip developers and major companies.
An accredited training package may be offered to enable the successful candidate to progress towards professional qualification.
They specialise in the following disciplines:
- Existing Infrastructure Facilities Renovation and Expansion
- Infrastructure New Build Design and Construction
- Utility Design and Construction
- Process Improvements
- Engineering Feasibility and Detailed Design
- Project Management, programming and planning
- Construction Management and Commissioning
- Regulatory Compliance and Advice
- Procurement and Expert Contract Advice
- Residential Mechanical and Electrical design services (building services design and specification)
They are accredited to the following:
- Member of the Association of Consulting Engineers
- BSEN ISO 9001 and ISO14001 accredited
- Member of the Construction Health & Safety Group and The Association of Project Safety
- Accredited ICE Training Scheme
- A minimum 3 years minimum experience in the design of public health (sewerage and water mains) and utility infrastructure or building services projects.
- Fully proficient with contemporary 3D AutoCAD software.
- Working experience of BIM/Revit would be of a considerable advantage but is not essential for this role.
- £30,000 - £35,000 dependant on experience
- 37.5 hours a week, 5 days per week
- 9.00am till 5.30pm with 1 hour for lunch
Commutable From: Chelmsford, Stratford, Enfield, Brentwood, Dagenham, Grays, Ilford, Basildon
Probe provided me with valuable assistance and advice when I was searching for a new role. It was a pleasure working with them, I cannot recommend them highly enough. I found their approach honest, reliable and he totally understood what I was looking for, something which isn't always the case with recruiters. I would not hesitate to contact Probe in the future if my circumstances changed