3 Bolton Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
We are currently recruiting for a leading organisation based in the North West who are looking to strengthen their already established Machinist team by recruiting for an additional Sewing Machine Maintenance Engineer
Benefits on offer to the Sewing Machine Maintenance Engineer:
- Salary: £25,000 - £26,000
- 30 Days Holiday Entitlement
- Onsite Park
- Days opportunity – Monday to Friday.
Ideally the Sewing Machine Maintenance Engineer: will have the following:
- Previous experience with Maintaining and repairing all Sewing machinery
- Work on Plant Improvements
- Assist the Engineering Manager as and where with training and awareness.
- Carry out routine and planned maintenance on Sewing machinery.
- Ideally hold experience with the following: Auto trim lock stitch machines / General overlock machines / Singer heavy duty long arm and Auto Sewing equipment.
- Experience with Cutting and filling machines.
- Ideally previous experience within a similar role is key and experience within Textiles.
We are looking for this individual to hold a mechanical engineering degree i.e. City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3
This position is commutable from the following locations: Heywood / Bury / Bolton / Middleton / Oldham
Probe Technical Recruitment, a Maintenance, Reliability & Service Recruitment Specialists since 1994
We are currently working with an organisation that designs and manufacture specialist bespoke machinery for customers in the Oli & Gas, Nuclear and the Chemical and Petrochemical industry sectors.
The organisation is currently seeking a Senior Controls Systems Engineer to create & develop, programme & configure and support the commission and build phases of PLC biased controls systems into bespoke machinery.
Projects can vary in size, cost and output, so experience is key with this role to deliver a successful part of the programme within time, budget and spec.
The Senior Control Systems Engineer role is focused on the creation of products in line with customer requirements and budget. This requires large amount of communication with the Engineering team, Customers, Sales, Procurement and Manufacturing. You will be required to provide updates to customers and host design reviews internally and externally, visiting sites where necessary.
Working in line with the business Quality Management System (QMS) with a focus on continuous improvement of the company and products. The role will be expected to have a comprehensive understanding of PLC * HMI programming and be able to create programs for bespoke systems through modification of existing software and creation of new software. You will work independently, creating programs that satisfy the customers’ requirements.
- Salary c£38,000 - £40,000
- 25 Days Holidays + Bank Holidays
- Independent programming of Siemens PCL / HMI based systems.
- Reading and understanding of P&IDs, specifications & control narratives.
- Carry out regular design reviews with the team and customer.
- Making modifications to HMI screens and operations in line with internal and external feedback.
- Specification of requirements to allow third parties to design & build Control Panels.
- Management of third parties designing electrical control panels.
- Checking of third-party designs including but not limited to:
- Control Panel electrical design / physical layout.
- Electrical control component selection / specification.
- Electric / Hydraulic / Pneumatic actuation specification.
- Ensure designs conform to industry, customer and company standards.
- Analyse designs using suitable tools.
- PLC & HMI programming (Siemens).
- Understanding of relevant industry standards (eg, LVD)
- Electrical design / component specification/ drafting, (AutoCAD preferred)
- Familiarity with pressure related products.
- Strong IT skills: Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Proven working experience as an Electrical / Controls Engineer programming PLCs
- BEng or BSc (Hons) in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience working with bespoke systems / machine design and manufacture.
- Control of electro-mechanical systems, hydraulics and pneumatics or associated supply.
- Industry experience; (custom machine design, high pressure / hydraulic systems).
This is a great opportunity to join a busy organisation where you will be the sole Controls Systems expert on site.
Commutable from – Blackburn, Bolton, Manchester, Wigan, Oldham, Preston
A global recognised provider of complete turn-key mechanical solutions, who specialise in the innovative design of bespoke equipment that is used in a variety of industries sectors, including those that operate in harsh conditions and environments, are currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer.
The company currently has strong confirmed orders from their customers to complete bespoke complete projects and programmes throughout 2021 and beyond. They offer a dynamic and varied workload for their R&D Team, that requires a range of mechanical engineering principles and design (CAD) skills to achieve the successful completions of projects.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer role will incorporate:
An experience Mechanical minded engineer who has had a proven recent history of designing and developing mechanical equipment that has incorporated forged and casted parts and components, mechanical mechanism, hand calculations, material analysis and strong 3D CAD skills (Ideally Solidworks or Inventor)
They should also be highly motivated and organised with the ability to manage and run their own projects with minimal supervision.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer role is focused on the creation of products in line with customer requirements and budget. This requires large amount of communication with Customers, Sales, Procurement and Manufacturing. The role will be required to provide updates to customers and host design reviews internally and externally, visiting sites where necessary. During commissioning / build phases the role will be expected to support manufacturing to answer questions regarding assembly, operation and testing. Additionally, working with the Sales team the role may have to scope out prospective projects and comment on timings.
- Salary - £40,000 - £45,000
- 25 Days Hols + Stats
- Project Ownership
- You will be expected to work in line with the business Quality Management System (QMS) with a focus on continuous improvement of the company and products.
- Design, development and specification of new and existing products where typical design requirements include:
- Load bearing components.
- Specification of pressure control components (valves, pumps and pipework etc)
- Specification and integration of standard components (e.g., bearings, actuators etc)
- Electric / Hydraulic / Pneumatic actuation
- Lifting & Handling points
- Tooling & Fixtures
The role will also require you to:
- To ensure designs conform to industry, customer and company standards.
- Select suitable materials, surface finishes, coatings etc for the products intended use.
- Carry out regular design reviews with the team and/or customer.
- Analyse designs using suitable tools and liaise with third party design verification company.
- Carry out value engineering to engineer cost out of the products.
- Output accurate models, drawings, BOM’s and other technical documents to customers, both internal and external.
- Check & sign off drawings in line with relevant drawing standards.
- Carry out engineering changes using revision control procedures.
- Manage non-conformances.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Requirements:
- A formal Mechanical Engineering Qualification (Degree / HND)
- Strong 2D & 3D CAD Modelling & Drafting Skills (SolidWorks preferred)
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards: (PED, PD5500, EN13445, ASME 8, EN10204 training provided as appropriate)
- Some knowledge of FE Analysis
- Ability to carry out hand calculations (force, torque, bending moments, hoop stress, shear stress etc.).
- Usage of Document Management Systems (Solidworks PDM Professional preferred).
- A good knowledge of materials, coatings and finishes including stainless and carbon steels, structural steels, elastomers and performance plastics.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes; machining, welding, surface treatments etc.
- Be able to communicate effectively regarding matters of a technical nature to customers.
- Experience working with bespoke systems / machine design and manufacture.
- Design of electro-mechanical systems, hydraulics and pneumatics or associated supply.
This is a great opportunity to work within a small team and be accountable for the complete product lifecycle of projects and programmes. The company offers their customers innovative bespoke solutions for their needs which in turn gives its workforce a good variety of projects from tabletop systems to multi ton heavy duty machinery.
Commutable from, Bolton, Manchester, Oldham, Preston, Wigan
Probe Technical Recruitment, a Design, R&D & Projects Engineering Recruitment Specialists since 1994