7 Temporary Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
CNC SETTER / OPERATOR
IMMEDIATE START - CONTRACT - 6 WEEKS MINIMUM
£12 / £16 PER HOUR (neg)
High volume manufacturing
A well- known, and highly respected organisation in the Coventry area, now have an immediate requirement for a CNC Setter / Operator.
This is a fast paced, 24/ 7 production environment, and this would give you a superb opportunity to experience their working environment.
REQUIREMENTS FOR A CNC SETTER / OPERATOR:
- Set CNC Lathes
- Operate CNC lathes and milling machines
- To have the ability to use Siemens controls
- This is a Night position – Monday to Friday
- To have the ability to identify any problems and escalate
- No programming is needed as programmes are all pre-set
- Flexible to work overtime
If you are looking for an immediate start, please send your CV, together with the salary you are looking for.
To support power plant site installation/commissioning activities (electrical/mechanical/C&I) including the supervision where required of installation/commissioning teams from Subcontractors, as well as working closely with Applications Managers and Project Managers.
You will be required to attend regular update meetings on another client site in Kent initially, but once settled into the role these will become monthly or bi-monthly – travel/accommodation/subsistence will be covered for trips outside of travel to the Doncaster site.
System problem identification and resolution should problems occur during installation or commissioning of projects
Participate in technical meetings with Customers and/or Suppliers as well as Utilities
Assist in responding to site raised Technical Queries (TQs) and/or Requests for Information (RFIs)
Assist in ensuring that requirements of the project specific Design Specifications are complied with by Suppliers and/or Contractors.
Assist in putting together and verification of site redline drawings including, but not limited to, the following:
- Single Line Diagrams
- Cable Schedules/Termination Sheets
- Piping Schedules
- Testing/Commissioning Sheets
- Control Topologies
Understanding of UK national legislation/regulations/health and safety requirements including, but not limited to, the following:
- Designers Risk Assessments
- Risk Assessments/Method Statements
- Construction Design and Management (CDM)
- Electricity at Work Regulations
- Electrical Permits to Work
Site acceptance tests (SAT) of key deliverables from equipment and service providers
Assist Project Managers and Quality Personnel to verify the quality and functionality of the installation
Provide feedback/input to improve product design and quality control
Should have demonstrable technical experience of the site installation/commissioning activities and overall power plant energisation process, including at least a working understanding of MV & HV generators, electrical system design (switchgear, transformers, cabling, etc.) and mechanical system design (fuels, fluids, etc.) and preferably from a high profile major power generation competitor/distributor or from a related industry (switchgear, energy sales, UPS industries, oil and gas, process plant etc.).
Should ideally have Site Supervisors Safety Training (SSSTS) certification, Client Contractor National Safety Group (CCNSG) safety passport, Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) card, etc. and be a qualified First Aider, and it would be preferred to have (or have had) Senior Authorised Person (S.A.P.) status.
A broad application knowledge relevant to the CPG product base across the range of generator set applications is preferred.
This is 6 months, but it may extend beyond this into 2019.
TEMPORARY - 12 WEEK CONTRACT
£9 PER HOUR + OVERTIME
We are looking for an experienced Saw operator who holds a fork lift truck licence to join a busy engineering business on a temporary 12 week basis located In the Staffordshire area. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who enjoys working productively as part of a team.
- Fork Lift truck licence
- Previous experience as a saw operator
- Work efficiently, productively and safely
- Have a good Initiative and work to a high standard
Email or call asap for more information
Key words: Saw Operator, Manufacturing, Fork lift truck licence , automotive, aerospace
TOOLING TEAM LEADER
£38,000 - £40,000 + Paid Overtime (shifts)
CONTRACT – 6 MONTHS MINIMUM
HIGH VOLUME MANUFACTURING
As part of your role as a Tooling Team Leader, you will be supporting your tooling team, as and when required on any major breakdowns.
You will be working for a large high-volume manufacturing organisation, who are very much at the forefront of lean, modern technology. This is a fast paced, dynamic working environment, where no 2 days will be the same!
- Involvement with capital expenditure plans and projects
- Deputise for the Toolroom Manager
- Planning maintenance and ensuring the plant meets quality requirements
- Identification of training needs and ensuring delivery of a skills training plan
- Lead the tooling team, in the development of site Planned Maintenance (PM) strategy
- Instrumental in supporting the Engineering transformation, moving from a reactive to a proactive way of working
- Supervise a team of engineers and contractors
- Ideally, you will be Apprentice trained
- Previous experience of managing a tool room team, ideally, plastics
- Previous experience of design, development and delivery of Strategic Maintenance / PPM / TPM
- Strong problem-solving techniques (i.e.- 8D and 5 Why)
- Project and budget management
- Tooling maintenance experience is essential
- Happy to work Continental shifts
- Extensive Overtime available
- A natural leader, a true motivator. A “can do” person
- A high level of computer literacy
- High energy level!
A market leader, manufacturing for the Automotive/Aviation industry, working with some of the most prestigious clients in the world.
This is not your normal Sales Co-ordinator contract role. This is for a minimum of 6 months with an opportunity to continue for longer!
My client is looking to appoint an experienced Sales Co-ordinator who will play a key role within their sales team.
This is a manufacturing business based on the borders of Staffordshire and the West Midlands. They are a leader in their field and operate on a global level! Their workforce are very proud to be part of such an amazing company – If you want to share that pride then read on for more info!!
Reporting directly to the Supply Chain Manager, this Sales Co-ordinator must have experience of working in a manufacturing environment, be able to work on their own initiative and be self-motivated. They must have good time management, a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a busy Sales Co-ordinator role, have excellent communication skills and good planning and organising skills
Duties for the Sales Co-ordinator include:
- Co-ordination of all specified customers’ orders including order acknowledgements, purchase orders, material allocation, shipping and delivery details.
- Preparation of monthly logistic status report for key accounts and Management of customer forecast requirements
- Review raw material requirements and liaise order details with our USA manufacturing facilities.
- Ensuring co-ordination and timely replies to all customer queries.
- Providing commercial and administrative support to the Management team.
- Monitor batch schedule and release production works orders to maintain continuous production and buffer levels.
- Perform any other reasonable requests made by the Company for which you have the necessary training and experience.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment, using integrated ERP systems - SAP is preferred but not essential
- Experience of 2 years working in a similar role within a busy sales department
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Good Planning and organizing skills
- Knowledge of ERP systems, Excel, database management
- Ability to work on own initiative and be self-motivated and work as part of a team
- Time management
LONG-TERM CONTRACT – 6 MONTHS MINIMUM
HIGH VOLUME MANUFACTURING
A busy manufacturing organisation for the automotive industry, have an Immediate requirement for a Metrology Technician to support new Launch.
This is a fast paced, dynamic working environment; they are a multi-site International Company, very much at the forefront of new modern manufacturing techniques.
- Provide support to the Laboratory Manager
- Perform measurements using CNC CMM Machines
- Modification to existing programmes from CAD data
- Write new programmes
- Using calipers and DTI’s to perform measurements
- R & R Studies using CMM and Gauging
- Physical / Environmental testing using a variety of test equipment
- Prepare inspection reports
- Using problem solving techniques in order to evaluate products
- Preparation of Inspection reports
- 5S – CMM Room / Environmental Test areas
- Happy to work a rotating 3 shift pattern
- It is essential that you have the ability to Programme CMM Machines
- Software used here is Camio software, however, our client is very flexible and is happy to consider all different types of CMM machine and CMM software experience
- To have the ability to read engineering drawings and interpret CAD models
- Ideally, you will have worked in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Strong statistical knowledge and problem solving techniques
- Strong IT skills
- Happy to work a rotating 3 shift pattern – Monday to Friday
We are pleased to offer additional Contract opportunities at one of the main Midlands organisations that are focused on developing Electronic and Mechatronic technology for the Automotive sector. The organisation offers a dynamic environment for self-motivated and innovative people to realise their ambitions and bring their ideas to life.
Their current portfolio of work includes areas such as Chassis & Safety Control, Interior Electronic Functions, Vehicle Electrification, and Engine & Transmission Management.
Embedded Software Engineer
Reporting to the Chief Software Engineer, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate proven capability and experience of designing and developing software for high performance embedded systems.
- Realisation of embedded software for 8-, 16- and 32-bit microcontrollers using established company design practices and software life cycles in line with the ISO2001:2008 quality system and high integrity design standards;
- Interpretation of system requirements in collaboration with systems and hardware engineers to generate software requirements using semi-formal methods;
- Code implementation using C/C++ programming languages, assembly language and automatic code generation from modelled environments;
- Generation and execution of test plans and reports at all levels of the “V” life cycle, including unit/structural tests, integration tests and verification/validation tests;
- Generation and formal review of technical documentation and artefacts from the design process;
- Participation in FMEA, HAZOP, FTA and other analysis techniques
Skills and Requirements:
- Degree-qualified in an appropriate science or engineering discipline;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role within an embedded system product development environment;
- Experience of programming using C, C++, C# and assembly languages;
- Experience with the Infineon TriCore family of microcontrollers (preferably using the Tasking or HighTechGNU tools chain);
- Experience in Windows Embedded, Embedded Linux, Visual Studio and Eclipse;
- Experience using requirements management and specification tools e.g. DOORS, Cradle, MKS Integrity;
- Experience using configuration management tools e.g. MKS;
- Experience with software analysis methodologies e.g. Yourdon SASD or UML;
- Experience in the use of model-based development tools e.g. Mathworks Simulink & Stateflow, dSpace TargetLink;
- Experience using software test verification tools e.g. Tessy;
- Experience with CAN based test tools e.g. Canalyser, Canape, PCAN or ValueCAN; An ability to interpret circuit schematics and understand the basic operation of electronics hardware, especially microprocessor peripheral support circuitry. Higher levels of hardware competence, especially some experience of high voltage (up to 1kV), high power systems would be advantageous;
- Good test and analysis skills;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;