3 Projects Engineering Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
Quantity Surveyor (Infrastructure)
We are currently working with a company that operates nationwide, providing integrated consultancy services for major infrastructure and development schemes and has a reputation of designing and delivering some of the most complex projects in the UK.
They have a proven track record of delivery in residential, commercial, retail, public and infrastructure sectors, with significant project experience in planning, designing and delivering strategic highways and bridges, flood alleviation works, transport plans, major utility installations, high rise buildings, new towns, schools/leisure centres, public buildings and business parks.
Their teams are structured to provide efficient, cost effective and dynamic advice, often against challenging timescales and with significant complexities.
The Role within the company will require an enthusiastic, dynamic, and motivated individual with a junior or experienced background working as a Quantity Surveyor in recent times.
This is a great opportunity for a successful candidate to join the business in a role offering the prospect to work with experienced Quantity Surveyors and Project Consultants and provide a wide range of development consultancy services.
- Viability Analysis.
- Commercial and Contract Advice.
- Contract Administration.
- Cost Planning and Reporting.
The Quantity Surveyor position will offer the chance to work on some of the largest development programmes in the UK, taking the project lead and driving forward the key stages of project design and delivery.
Based in the organisations building in Southwest Birmingham, the position will liaise and work with other parties and travel when needed to visit and support projects throughout their delivery stages and lifecycles.
- A formal Qualification in Quantity Surveying
- Fully conversant with MS office – Word, Excel Outlook, Project
- Some recent exposure of Quality Management Systems
- 12 – 18 months post qualification sector experience
If you are looking to progress your career in a driven environment working on nationally significant development and infrastructure projects and are looking to extend your experience within the field of QS, please get in touch.
Project Manager (NPD)
We are working with a technology development company, who require a Project Manager to join their busy New Product Development Team based in the South Staffordshire area.
The company has over 25 years’ experience in developing innovative products that are mainly used in the Automotive and Commercial Vehicle market sectors. Their products use a range of the latest Electronic and Software technologies and are combined with mechanical applications.
As an organisation they have seen fantastic growth over the last 5 years and are now in a fortunate position of seeing business levels and orders return after the lockdown early this year.
A good working environment with a healthy mix of senior and more experienced staff combined with junior and entry level engineers with a focus on individual development.
- The position will pay a key role in the delivery of new products and technologies to the point of pre-release for production and ensuring that any potential design, reliability, quality or technology upgrade issues are quickly dealt with, or foreseen prior to release.
- Working in conjunction with the Engineering and Technical Team and reporting to the Technical Director, the position will be very R&D biased and require a good degree of understanding Electronic and Software platforms and limitations and the associated issues of enclosing and packing such technology with more mechanical biased applications.
- Daily liaison with suppliers and partners and internal departments – Sales, Quality and Assembly will also be a major part of the role.
- Project planning and formulating charts, spread sheets and presentations for internal department and Senior Managers
- Getting directly involved in Design Changes, Concessions, Value Added Exercises & Design & Build Internal Quality Standards
- Communication of Project updates and lead times with all relevant parties
- Problem solving with the projects at development, prototype, and testing phases
- Keeping updated on new technology and customers demands
- Meeting and understanding the commercial requirements of the company to ensure profitability with each project
- Be part of the internal continuous improvement team of Managers, to ensure the company moves forward in the right direction
Skills & Experience:
- This role will require a Project Manager with experience in the following
- At least 2 years in a Technology based Project or Engineering position that is New Product Introduction biased
- Good Technical ability within a R&D remit (Design & Testing of either Electronics, Mechanical, Software Applications)
- Have working in a technology development product or device environment (Ideally within an SME or Start-up organisation)
- Excellent Communication skills
- Good project software exposure and the ability to create spreadsheets and associated documents
- A good understanding of modern manufacturing and assembly practises
- A formal engineering education qualification – (Degree, HND or equivalent)
- Good investigative skills with the ability to problem solve and come up with suitable solutions
- Good supplier liaison experience and a good understanding of commercial constraints
- The ability to pick up new technology and procedures fast
- This is a great opportunity for a junior or mid-level Project Engineer / Manager to move into a fast paced, but supportive working environment.
- The company has seen fantastic growth in turnover and head count in recent years and is well placed to offer an individual a good opportunity for career enhancement, pay increases and promotion within a short time span of joining the company.
Technical Customer Support - German Speaking
We are working with a fantastic fast-growing organisation that has an establish global customer and supplier based and is seeing strong repeat and new customer business coming directly from Germany.
The company has many years’ experience in developing advanced engineered products that are used in a myriad of industry sectors. Their products offer a high level of safety and reliability and use a range of the latest electronic technologies.
As an organisation they have seen good growth from being able to offer bespoke solutions to their customers and are now in a fortunate position of seeing business levels and orders return, post lockdown.
A busy working environment with a friendly and positive approach to how they operate as a business and they have a strong team support ethos.
The position plays an integral part of the day to day function between the customer and the technical departments within the organisation, by offering tailored support to customers by understanding their requirements and then liaising with the relevant Project and R&D teams.
- Collating information and requirements via telephone, email, Skype/Team/Zoom, or fax
- Discussing suitable options, lead times and costs
- Liaising with the internal technical departments to ensure customers’ requests and demands can be achieved
- Dealing with issues and legacy quality issues
- Maintaining CRM Systems and internal spread sheets or relevant documentation
- Liaising with Sales Teams and Distributers
- Keep abreast of new technology and product development
- Advice customers of new improved technologies and better solutions.
- Be able to communicate effectively in both English and German
Skills & Experience:
- This position does require excellent German language skills, both conversational and technical and some exposure of working directly for, or with German organisations in the recent past.
- The position does not require someone to be formally technically qualified, but a background working in some form of engineering or engineering sales or customer service is strongly desired.
- Good IT Skills and the ability to create and maintain spread sheets and databases are as must
- Excellent communication with good listening skills are essential, with the ability to convey information clearly and in a professional manner.
- Being part of the big team is how this organisation wants their staff to feel, so someone who is willing to help and support others, will be a quality they seek at the interview stage
- A great company with a history of growing individual staff into senior members and managers within short time periods is something they are very proud of.
- The company is based in a modern open spaced building with top spec facilities for their staff.
- They operate Monday through to Friday on a standard day routine, with an earlier finish on a Friday.
- Good salary packages and regular bonus and 25 Days Holidays + Bank Hols