7 Projects Engineering Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
We are seeking to recruit a proven PLC Programmer to join a specialist manufacturer based in Derby. Your role will be to develop software, test control systems and work with the team on special projects. You will be responsible for programming assembly lines, robotic devices, or other manufacturing processes using programmable logic controllers (PLC). We will also be willing to talk to Control Engineers or Automation Engineers with strong PLC experience.
Duties of a PLC Programmer:
- Modify existing PLC and HMI programs and fault finding.
- Develop new software for customer specific equipment.
- Commission and test control systems and software in the factory.
- Working predominantly with Mitsubishi GX Works 2 and GT Works 3.
- Software and document revision control.
- Configure Oriental Motors stepper drives.
- To facilitate the development of an open and productive culture where people take pride and responsibility in what they do.
- To contribute towards maintaining, promoting and developing high standards of Health & Safety standards of self and others to comply with legal requirements.
Requirements for a PLC Programmer:
- We require you to hold a minimum of 5 years’ experience in programming, experienced in robotics (Epson/Mitsubishi) and machine vision, a competent knowledge of servo/stepper drives and panel build experience
Benefits for a PLC Programmer:
- The company offers a competitive salary banding of (£35,000-£40,000)
- Company Pension
- Holiday along with free Tea, Coffee, Biscuits and fruit.
This PLC Programmer role is commutable from Nottingham, Derby, Burton on Trent and Leicester
As a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer you will be joining this leading Manufacturing company based just outside of Kidderminster. You will be joining an existing Maintenance Engineering team to undertake breakdown and preventative maintenance in this modern production facility.
- This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and qualified Mechanical Maintenance Engineer.
- In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving all aspects of the equipment and plant on site in a modern fast paced heavy manufacturing environment at a major manufacturing site.
- Working in a team you will be covering a 4 on / 4 off shift pattern working alternating Days and Nights 6am - 6pm / 6pm – 6am.
- To be successful in this role you will need to hold a recognised Mechanical Engineering Qualification to a minimum of NVQ level 3 and will be Apprentice trained.
- You will also need to have previous experience of maintaining machinery in a fast paced production environment and fault finding on hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Experience of TPM and continuous improvement would also be of benefit.
- I would be keen to speak with candidates who have experience of reactive + preventative mechanical maintenance supporting plant machinery as either a Mechanical Fitter, Maintenance Engineer or similar role.
- In return, you will receive an excellent salary package which is paid weekly from £35,000 - £40,000 depending on skills and experience, including shift allowance. There is also the opportunity for overtime which can also increase your earnings.
If you are interested in knowing more please submit your CV ASAP.
An established Central Midlands based supplier to OEM’s who are about to expand their development and assembly facilities further in 2019 / 2020, are currently seeking Product Engineers to support Interiors Commodities projects. These projects require direct involvement from concept and virtual design, through to eventual sign off for manufacture and assembly.
The Product Engineer will be part of the core team of Engineers and Designers tasked with the Design, Development and Integration of various plastic parts and components that are often finished with a myriad of material options. These projects will often work in conjunction with the end whole vehicle developer, from the concept stage and will often be responsible for managing short notice changes to designs or manufacturing processes from the customer along the way. The positions will be supported by an infrastructure of specialists from Tooling / Process / Validation and Programme Management.
The development of the commodity from the virtual phases will require close liaison and agreement with the customer on program timing, so that good tooling kick off, validation, and optimised design can be achieved.
This is a position that requires a number of skill sets that are biased towards the development or new product creation of a component or part from a Design, Prototype and Design for Manufacture consideration, however the positions also require excellent communication and project engineering abilities to work in close liaison with all relevant parties to ensure a desired project can be achieved and is possible within a determined Timeline, Cost and Spec Proposal. Other consideration such as materials, delivery and assembly factors will also be part of the remit, with the support of leaders from those departments.
Product Engineer (Skills and Experiences Required):
- The right candidate will have at least 3 years recent working experience of Automotive Trim New Product Development / Introduction
- Good Project Engineering exposure within an automotive environment
- Strong knowledge of Plastic Injection Mouldings, A-Surface and Trim Components.
- Ideally knowledge of Design of Pillars, Headliners, Trim, Doors or Seating.
- Good knowledge of Automotive Manufacturing processes
- A good understanding of Methods and Technical skills such as GD&T, DFM/DFA, CAE/FEA, FMEA and DVP&R
- Experience of direct sourcing from suppliers (DSS)
- Some knowledge of generating design concepts and surface development.
These are exciting times within the automotive industry where new technology and production methods and material selection are all jointly as important to achieve the next generation demand for more efficient and intelligent vehicles, so this is a great opportunity for an engineer to have and take ownership of a project/commodity and manage the process from concept through to assembly with input and recommendations throughout the process with customers and internal and external partners.
For more information please forward your latest CV ASAP.
An established Central Midlands based supplier to OEM’s who are about to expand their development and assembly facilities further in 2019 / 2020, are currently seeking a Lead Engineer to support Interiors Commodities projects. These projects require direct involvement from concept and virtual design, through to eventual sign off for manufacture and assembly.
Lead Engineer role purpose:
This position will determine and drive the most appropriate design and engineering solutions for systems/ modules, ensuring that all Product /APQP requirements are covered.
The position will also control the engineering design activity assuring most appropriate application of both direct and contract design resources towards internal & customer requirements, quality, time, feasibility and cost-effective product design outcome.
Liaises with the tooling specialists to ensure that the product design is tooling/plant robust for the vehicle life.
Assures active participation of his engineering teams in the Product Development Team process.
- Engineering budget for his product scope
- Product cost
- Product timing
- Product quality
- See RASIC in GDLS
- Comply with general IAC policies and procedures
The focus of the position will be:
Supervise design and product engineering.
Customer/Supplier/Manufacturing plant liaison.
Ensures that his engineering team drive the following activities:
- Design according customer styling, technical requirements and specifications.
- Design for assembly.
- Design for manufacture.
- Quality functional deployment.
- Finite element analysis data.
- Dimensional variation analysis (In conjunction with DVA specialist).
- Support Tool Timing in conjunction with the tooling group.
- Responsible for the engineering elements of customer part approval (PPAP).
- Support all tool trials & tool sign off
- Ensuring together with development team (PM, design, tooling, quality, testing, launch, purchasing, sales) that the process is robust prior to tool shipment.
- Determine and apply the most appropriate and cost-effective solutions.
- Provide for design resolution as an extension of and in cooperation with the customer engineering team.
- Assures a flawless introduction for New Product Introduction (NPI) position as defined in internal guidelines.
- For model year changes, the Lead Engineer shall support the customer in terms of product development and participate in the plant PDT meetings to ensure that the “Key Elements” of the APQP gate process are completed.
- Support cost estimates in relation to product and process changes, and liaise with Operations, sales, PM to ensure all recoverable costs are specified in the quotation.
- Customer liaison & management
- Support VAVE activities
- Support Program RFQ’s
Lead Engineer (Skills and Experience Required):
- A formal qualification / degree in Engineering
- At least 5 years related experience, preferably in automotive interior design.
- Cradle to grave project experience including process and tool maturation and program launch.
- Experience in surface development desirable.
- Conversant with major CAD systems applicable to automotive design.
- Demonstrated excellent management and interpersonal skills.
- In-depth knowledge of company product and manufacturing processes.
- Working knowledge of job-related technical skills: GD&T, DFM, DFA, CAE/FEA, CAD, FMEA, DVP&R.
- Fluent English
- Flexible to support projects at various locations in Europe.
These are exciting times within the automotive industry where new technology and production methods and material selection are all jointly as important to achieve the next generation demand for more efficient and intelligent vehicles, so this is a great opportunity for a Lead Engineer to have and take ownership of a programme or large project and manage the process from concept through to assembly, with input and recommendations and guidance throughout the process with customers and internal and external partners.
For more information please forward your latest CV ASAP.
Sales Engineer (Process Machinery)
A European manufacturer of bespoke process machinery and equipment is seeking an UK & IRE Sales Engineer to support a wide industry ranging customer base. The role will be based from their Midlands Technical Centre and will have direct reports locally and in Europe.
The origination has over 40 years history supplying bespoke products to their customers and have built a strong word-of-mouth reputation for quality and tailored services.
The organisation is seeking a qualified and experienced individual to act on a consultancy basis to qualify and quantify leads and enquires from concept through to final sign off for production and delivery/ installation. This type of work will often be a slow-burn with the need to manage and support the customers along the way (3 - 18 months)
The position will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining good communication lines and avenues with customers and internal departments.
- Collating relevant information, requirements and needs from customers enquires and leads.
- Attending customer site visits in regard to fact finding and understanding specific needs.
- Advising of cost, timelines and limitations with new and existing customers.
- Supporting tender and negotiation processes throughout the sales life cycle.
- Assist in the creation of correct design, specification and installation considerations along the way.
- Liaise with internal technical and system design teams and partners to ensure project costs and timelines can be met and are realistic.
- Put together up to date information and technology improvement to customers throughout the lifecycle of pre installation projects.
- Maintain a level of business and pipeline that is inline with the company’s own growth forecasts
- Maintain regular communication with internal R&D and Product Development Teams
- Attend regular client site and parent company meetings
- Keep all relevant parties in the loop with any changes or issues with orders and tenders.
- Represent the organisation at various tradeshows (Europe)
- Maintain a regular update of new and current marketing literature, that can be distributed to customers.
- The right candidate for this role will have a proven background in Technical Sales, especially in the area of machinery and process equipment.
- Have a formal qualification in an engineering subject (ONC / HNC / HND or above)
- Good exposure of customer liaison (Negotiation, Tendering, Collating Technical Specs and Project Managing)
- Strong and clear communication skills (Written and Verbal)
- A good technical appreciation and understanding of the process / manufacturing industries
- A good understanding of Layout Design (P&ID) Plant Layout
- A proven background in managing a longer sales life cycle project (3 - 18 months)
- Ability to drive and travel to various parts of the UK at short notice (1 - 2 Days per week)
- Willingness to travel to Europe for training and support training (1 Week)
This is a great role for an individual who enjoys the consultation side of sales. The company already has the reputation that means enquiries are always incoming and via recommendations and referrals.
For more information please forward your latest CV ASAP
This consulting business is a well-established multi-disciplinary firm, with a diverse workload of schemes ranging from 1 million – 15 million. They have a requirement for an experienced infrastructure engineer.
They offer a varied and interesting workload. This is a client facing role, and consequently they require a candidate with excellent communication skills. The successful candidate would have proven experience, and a good grounding in a range of civil engineering work (drainage, highways etc), or deeper knowledge within one area and a desire to develop their skills across other disciplines.
- Managing and undertaking numerous residential, commercial and public sector related clients and projects. Liaison and co-operative working with team members, senior staff and colleagues in other disciplines.
- Writing of Flood Risk Assessment reports, Transport Assessments and other technical reports for strategic development schemes.
- Development of surface water drainage strategy designs, Road design, S38, S104, S106 and S278 documentation.
- Prepare design models, drawings, calculations, technical documents, reports and correspondence.
- Assist Director with operation of the Civil team to meet the productivity and growth aspirations of the company.
- Submissions of designs for third party approvals which require pro-active communication with clients, authorities and other agencies to ensure projects are completed to deadlines and budgets.
- Working within all offices as and when required, working additional hours if necessary, to deliver all responsibilities and to attend meetings/events.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
(some of these responsibilities may not be relevant to you, dependent on experience level)
- Provide supervision, guidance, training and advice to junior engineers/technicians. Work closely with the Civil Director to develop business strategies to deliver the strategic goals of the company.
- Ensure all team members follow a continued professional development/programme of training to maintain the growth of the division. Achieve minimum of 5 days continuing professional development (CPD) per year.
- Compliance with Designer’s responsibilities under the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2007. Maintain valid CSCS Card.
- Undertaking junior staff PDR and performance reviews. Project management including client liaison, fee proposals, invoicing and managing team members.
- Business development and networking. Maintaining and growing existing client relationships, developing new opportunities and diversifying the range of commissions.
- Management of clients and projects, including regular communication, obtaining feedback on performance, agreeing fee proposals and timescales. Ensure team liaise fully with clients, other staff members and statutory bodies including Planning Authorities, Highway Authorities, Drainage Authorities, Environment Agency, etc to ensure efficient progress with commissions.
- Site visits for inspections or investigation work; attendance at meetings with team, clients and suppliers. Occasional requirement to attend events and meetings outside of normal office hours.
- Educated to a minimum standard of degree in a relevant subject.
- Ideally 4-5 years relevant experience, working knowledge of technical guidance, standards/regulations and good practice.
- Member of The Institution of Civil Engineers or other relevant professional body. Hold or working towards a recognised professional qualification.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, proficient in modelling software such as Micro Drainage, PDS or Civil 3d. Working knowledge of drainage design standards and good practice, including Sewers for Adoption, Wallingford Procedure, FEH, NHBC Standards, CIRIA 753 (SUDS Manual), NPPF, etc.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office, plus excellent written and verbal skills, particularly report writing and client liaison.
- Self-motivated individual with desire to not only work within the company but also have ambition to help it grow and develop. Mentoring/supervision of trainee staff to develop their knowledge and skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to present information in detail to Directors, senior management team and staff. Smart appearance in accordance with Company dress code policy.
- Hold full clean driving licence and have own private car with insurance for business use.
- Basic salary will be in the bracket of £32,000 - £42,000 dependent upon experience
- Payment of Professional Subscriptions
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas closure
- Company Pension (3% contribution)
Commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Burton Upon Trent, Loughborough, Lichfield
Probe Technical Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Fitter for a company within the Heavy Engineering Industry that are unique. Along with a competitive salary, the company operate a day shift with working hours 7am – 3.30pm.
Duties of a Maintenance Fitter:
Please look at the information below regarding the role, duties will include but not limited to:
- The diagnosis, location and rectification of all mechanical faults on site, including pneumatic, hydraulic systems
- Responding to emergency situations in a timely and effective manner
- Plan out work and display initiative and common sense
- Adhere to current Safe Systems of Work, lock off and permit to work procedures
- Carry out all tasks in accordance with company Quality systems, hygiene standards and safe working practices
Requirements of a Maintenance Fitter:
- The company will require you to have an NVQ / City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering or Apprentice trained.
They will also look at talking too Maintenance Engineers or Mechanical Fitters for this role.
The role for a Maintenance Fitter is commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Mansfield and Chesterfield.