5 Projects Engineering Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
This consulting business is a well-established multi-disciplinary firm, with a diverse workload of schemes ranging from 1 million – 15 million. They have a requirement for an experienced infrastructure engineer.
They offer a varied and interesting workload. This is a client facing role, and consequently they require a candidate with excellent communication skills. The successful candidate would have proven experience, and a good grounding in a range of civil engineering work (drainage, highways etc), or deeper knowledge within one area and a desire to develop their skills across other disciplines.
- Managing and undertaking numerous residential, commercial and public sector related clients and projects. Liaison and co-operative working with team members, senior staff and colleagues in other disciplines.
- Writing of Flood Risk Assessment reports, Transport Assessments and other technical reports for strategic development schemes.
- Development of surface water drainage strategy designs, Road design, S38, S104, S106 and S278 documentation.
- Prepare design models, drawings, calculations, technical documents, reports and correspondence.
- Assist Director with operation of the Civil team to meet the productivity and growth aspirations of the company.
- Submissions of designs for third party approvals which require pro-active communication with clients, authorities and other agencies to ensure projects are completed to deadlines and budgets.
- Working within all offices as and when required, working additional hours if necessary, to deliver all responsibilities and to attend meetings/events.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
(some of these responsibilities may not be relevant to you, dependent on experience level)
- Provide supervision, guidance, training and advice to junior engineers/technicians. Work closely with the Civil Director to develop business strategies to deliver the strategic goals of the company.
- Ensure all team members follow a continued professional development/programme of training to maintain the growth of the division. Achieve minimum of 5 days continuing professional development (CPD) per year.
- Compliance with Designer’s responsibilities under the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2007. Maintain valid CSCS Card.
- Undertaking junior staff PDR and performance reviews. Project management including client liaison, fee proposals, invoicing and managing team members.
- Business development and networking. Maintaining and growing existing client relationships, developing new opportunities and diversifying the range of commissions.
- Management of clients and projects, including regular communication, obtaining feedback on performance, agreeing fee proposals and timescales. Ensure team liaise fully with clients, other staff members and statutory bodies including Planning Authorities, Highway Authorities, Drainage Authorities, Environment Agency, etc to ensure efficient progress with commissions.
- Site visits for inspections or investigation work; attendance at meetings with team, clients and suppliers. Occasional requirement to attend events and meetings outside of normal office hours.
- Educated to a minimum standard of degree in a relevant subject.
- Ideally 4-5 years relevant experience, working knowledge of technical guidance, standards/regulations and good practice.
- Member of The Institution of Civil Engineers or other relevant professional body. Hold or working towards a recognised professional qualification.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, proficient in modelling software such as Micro Drainage, PDS or Civil 3d. Working knowledge of drainage design standards and good practice, including Sewers for Adoption, Wallingford Procedure, FEH, NHBC Standards, CIRIA 753 (SUDS Manual), NPPF, etc.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office, plus excellent written and verbal skills, particularly report writing and client liaison.
- Self-motivated individual with desire to not only work within the company but also have ambition to help it grow and develop. Mentoring/supervision of trainee staff to develop their knowledge and skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to present information in detail to Directors, senior management team and staff. Smart appearance in accordance with Company dress code policy.
- Hold full clean driving licence and have own private car with insurance for business use.
- Basic salary will be in the bracket of £32,000 - £42,000 dependent upon experience
- Payment of Professional Subscriptions
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas closure
- Company Pension (3% contribution)
Commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Burton Upon Trent, Loughborough, Lichfield
Project Manager - Combustion Systems - Configuration, Design, Installation
A Midlands technical centre is seeking a customer facing Project Manager to oversee the Design, Configuration and Delivery of a range of Combustion Systems to a myriad of industry sectors.
The position will be responsible for all internal process, policies, directive and guidelines associated to the Design and Build of a project systems and ensure it can be delivered correctly and on time.
This will involve close liaison with internal parties, suppliers and customers that can potentially be international based.
The Key Responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the overall projects and customer satisfaction and quality.
- Assist in improving the profitability of a given project through high quality project management.
- Putting together internal policies and practices and directives to ensure effective delivery.
- Travel to customers sites, sometimes overseas to discuss requirement and obtain relevant information.
- Project manage and communicate with the company’s internal design department.
- Create P&ID and Process Flow Diagrams (CAD)
- Carry out calculations and scope work when required (Customers Sites)
- Keep a close eye on costs and resources.
- Order parts and components and organised shipping to site
This is a Project Managers position so all applying applicants must have some experience of managing projects and delivery programmes within a Combustion System associated environment.
Applicants should also have the following:
- A formal qualification in engineering and at least 5 years in industry.
- A good working knowledge of Combustion Systems.
- Excellent Project Engineering Skills
- Good Ability or understanding of P&ID and Process Layout plans.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a dynamic team that often has multi projects on the go at any one time.
For more information please send your CV ASAP.
Customer Technical Solutions Team Member (European Language Skills)
We are working with a company who designs and manufactures advanced safety systems for the manufacturing industry sectors. Applications of their products range from power generation, steel making and automotive manufacturing to food and beverage processing, materials recycling and construction. With over 40 years’ experience, they have become known as a premium brand in industry for innovative design, robust engineering and reliability.
The role is to join the existing Customer Solution team. The role will work within a small, dynamic customer facing team answering enquiries, creating quotes, processing orders and supporting distributors and sales representatives across the UK and in Europe.
- To provide exceptional customer service, technical support to end users and distribution network in the UK and Europe.
- Resolving customer enquiries via telephone and email where possible, updating ERP system accordingly.
- Creating quotes and processing orders in an efficient and accurate manner, pursuing queries with relevant parties where necessary.
- Developing and maintain relationships with key distribution partners.
- Effectively managing and growing key accounts across Europe.
- Providing support to external sales representatives.
- Resolving cases prior to Quality Assurance investigations, delivering the best possible customer experience.
- Able to provide an extremely high level of customer service in line with the company’s customer service standard.
- Technical knowledge or previous technical experience preferred.
- Ability to work as a small team but also manage own workload. Liaising with multiple departments to ensure acceptable resolution is found within a suitable timescale.
- IT Literacy, working knowledge of excel, word and outlook. Once trained able to work with ERP and CRM systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and additional European language(s).
This is a great entry level type of position that can develop into a long-term successful career.
Probe Technical Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Fitter for a company within the Heavy Engineering Industry that are unique. Along with a competitive salary, the company operate a day shift with working hours 7am – 3.30pm.
Duties of a Maintenance Fitter:
Please look at the information below regarding the role, duties will include but not limited to:
- The diagnosis, location and rectification of all mechanical faults on site, including pneumatic, hydraulic systems
- Responding to emergency situations in a timely and effective manner
- Plan out work and display initiative and common sense
- Adhere to current Safe Systems of Work, lock off and permit to work procedures
- Carry out all tasks in accordance with company Quality systems, hygiene standards and safe working practices
Requirements of a Maintenance Fitter:
- The company will require you to have an NVQ / City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering or Apprentice trained.
They will also look at talking too Maintenance Engineers or Mechanical Fitters for this role.
The role for a Maintenance Fitter is commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Mansfield and Chesterfield.
Project Engineer (Capital Plant Equipment Installation)
An international established project team based in the Midlands are seeking to strengthen their systems design team with an experience Project Engineer or Manager with exposure of Capital Equipment Installation (Design)
The position will work with all partners throughout the order to delivery and sign off process, ensuring that configuration designs, plans and schedules remain on track and within cost.
This will be mainly achieved via Process Flow Diagrams, and P&ID’s, along with close liaison with third party sub-contractors and suppliers.
The right candidate for this role will have had a good background in general mechanical or electrical engineering associated with process machinery or equipment installation. A good knowledge of Pumps, Motors, Drives, Hydraulics and Controls Systems are a must, along this experience of HAZOPs, ATEX Ratings and waste management.
The position will report to the organisations Managing Director, but the position will often be required to work on their own and be responsible for making decisions. Global travel will also be part of the role, but the majority of international travel will be limited to Europe with on average 1 week in every 6 – 8 weeks away.
2 – 4+ Years’ experience of Project Engineering within a CAPEX environment
A Formal qualification in Engineering
Good Project and Communication Skills, Software and Procedures
Good CAD knowledge 2D or 3D – (AutoCAD / Inventor)
Good knowledge and understanding of Pumps, Hydraulics, Motors etc
Good knowledge of P&ID’s & PFD’s
Exposure of working within a Process / Chemical or Material Handling equipment environment.
This is a great role for someone to develop a good long-term career with an international company with over a £240 million turnover and prospects to move into senior management within a short time period.
For more information please forward your latest CV ASAP.