8 Projects Engineering Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
Client requires an experienced, hands-on Draughtsman to join the technical operation at their plant, where they conduct product tests.
This is a 12-month contract and offers a PAYE or Ltd Company option.
- This building has had some updates in recent years and there are a variety of existing drawings, gaps and new drawings that need checking, re-doing, filling in so this candidate must be able to survey and then complete the required AutoCAD drawings for the changes or updates
- You must have site experience, this is the most important requirement, as you will be working autonomously in this role and must be capable and prepared to take the measurements and draw up accordingly in AutoCAD
- To understand existing drawings and revise, update or amend to represent the current situation in the facility across, civil, structural, piping, electrical, P&ID etc
- Survey, Measure, draught any areas that have not been covered by existing drawing
- Create new designs and drawing for new equipment layouts, detail new test equipment for fabrication
- Suitable technical qualification or proven experience
- Several years’ experience in industrial environment designing and draughting across multiple disciplines
Skills and Competencies:
- Self-starter, ability to work on your own, site measuring and tracing existing systems and understanding existing drawings to update or create new drawings
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills and problem-solving ability
- Basic knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of 2D AutoCAD drawing
Commutable from Middlesbrough, Darlington, Stockton on Tees, Newton Aycliffe, Bishop Auckland, Guisborough
To assist the technical operation team, working to deliver a range of low value improvement projects totalling circa $100m over the next two years. Initially for a 1-year assignment with a view to extension for the right candidate.
This role can offer a PAYE or LTD Company option.
The contract will consist of managing four projects in 2019 and at least one project in 2020. This will include;
- Installation of three air-conditioning units
- Upgrade on pipework
- Installation of Dynamometer
- Instrument updates
- Electrical substation
The Candidate Must Have:
- Industrial/Petrochem/Gas/Oil construction back ground BUT NOT multimillion-pound projects as this is a hands-on Project management role with little or no delegation to colleagues, you will need the ability to resolve on the ground, real time issues themselves
- The ability to see the bigger picture but enough relevant technical knowledge to recommend fixes and solutions
- Honest and reliable who can manage situations and report back to a wide group of internal Stakeholders within the business with the reality of the project and its stage
- Leads multiple projects from inception to completion; facilitates project planning sessions with internal stakeholders to determine the scope and objectives of each project; works with business stakeholders to establish project performance goals; designs project plan, develops timeline, identifies project milestones, and tracks performance against performance goals and timeline. Identifies, tracks, and works with others to resolve project issues.
- Monitors and communicates project status to project team.
- Plans and monitors project budget, conducts research and analysis; provides input into the design and development of project plans and timelines. Manages project risk; uses quality tools to identify areas of risk; works with others on the team and outside the team to identify alternatives or solutions.
- Documents and shares team learnings with other teams; draws on other project team experiences to enhance the success of the project. Maintains project notes, databases, and other records; monitors measures and communicates with Project Sponsor and other stakeholders on status of specific projects and assignments.
- Identifies and assigns appropriate resources to accomplish various project tasks; guides and coaches team members through various stages of the project; provides developmental feedback to team members.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Suitable relevant experience of running multi-discipline projects from £50k to £1m in value, technical knowledge of all aspects Civil, structural, piping, electrical & instrumentation to allow decisions regarding successful project outcome to be made on a daily basis
Commutable from Middlesbrough, Stockton on Tees, Newton Aycliffe, Bishop Auckland, Guisborough
Electronic / Embedded Software
A busy and fast growing manufacturer of Electronic Products is seeking to recruit a new Technical Director to ensure the continuation of New Product Development and the Introduction of their products to their ever increasing global customer base. The company already has over 30 Engineers in the specialist areas of Electronics, Embedded Software and Electromechanical Design and Development and as a team they are regularly working on between 15 - 20 projects at any one time.
The nature of the position is manage at the coal-face and ensure the team as a collective are working effectively and can deliver their projects on time and within cost. This will require the ability to understand the principles of the technology being developed and support or mentor new or junior team members to quickly become assets to the business.
The other equally important part of the role is to support the global network of suppliers and partners (Europe, Asia and USA) with the continued drive for innovation and better technology.
This position will be part of the company’s Board of Directors and will be responsible and rewarded for the continued growth of the business and its own product portfolio.
Requirements of a Technical Director:
- Day to day team management of R&D and associated staff mainly UK, but also some international locations.
- To drive new product development projects to full completion within the set timelines.
- Create and maintain strategies to ensure the correct man-power and resource are available and used effectively when required.
- Support the introduction of new products and deal with design changes and legislation requirements.
- Ensure all projects adhere to company safety and compliance procedures.
- Create the best way to introduce new staff to the team with training and product knowledge without causing too much disruption to the current live projects.
- Create a strong personal development programme for all staff, so new technology, procedures and methods can be learnt for the benefit of all.
- Develop best practice to ensure minimal quality and return issues on new products post NPD
- Maintain good communication with suppliers and partners
- Support the Board with the introduction of new procedures
Person Profile for a Technical Director:
- The role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate and bring individuals together to create a positive team environment.
- Good experience in Electronics and Embedded Software and the delivery of new technology to market.
- At least 5 years Senior Management / Director experience of leading teams in an Electronic Product, Goods or Device development environment.
- A formal qualification in Engineering (Electronics / Electrical / Software or Mechanical) HND / Degree.
- Good exposure of working with overseas suppliers and partners.
- A proven background of delivering products from concept to manufacture.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Experience of hiring and training staff.
- A willingness to travel internationally.
Package and benefits for a Technical Director:
- Salary £90,000 - £100,000+
- Bonus Scheme - 40%+
- Company Car or Allowance
- Relocation Package
- Excellent Pension Scheme
Please note that this role requires a Senior Manager / Director with a background in delivering projects and programmes and all applicants should have a recent background of at least 3 years with one company employed in such a role with these responsibilities.
Applicants should also please note that this is a permanent position that requires full time commitment to single place of work.
For more information please send your CV ASAP.
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR OF ENVIRONMENTAL PERMITTING
An exciting opportunity has become available to join a well-established environmental consultancy as a Technical Director of Environmental Permitting / Planning.
Duties of a Technical Director:
- As a Technical Director you will be responsible for all aspects of environment, health and safety within your area.
- Provide technical support for the environmental monitoring of landfill sites, data analysis and assessment of their disposal of hazardous waste.
- Train other consultants.
- Help create new business opportunities for the company.
- Represent the company at business and social events.
- Carry out quality assurance procedures.
- Liaise with client and authorities during projects.
- Be responsible for project performance.
Requirements of a Technical Director:
- Have a full UK driving licence.
- Take responsibility for completing your own CPD.
- BSc qualification in a relevant area.
- Have experience project managing and budgeting.
We invite applications from candidates who have held a senior post within environmental planning / permitting.
If you want further information then please do not hesitate to send your CV ASAP.
Project Manager – Operations
We are working with a fast-growing organisation that has already invested heavily in its infrastructure, personnel and equipment / technology to ensure it can maintain its growth plan and support an ever increasing customer base.
The company boasts internal R&D, Projects, Quality, Assembly and Sales and Procurement Teams and a workforce of over 140 heads. It also has established a global presence in a myriad of countries around the world.
The company is currently looking to recruit a Project Manager to assist the Operations Director in the creation of a strategy to delivery new products to be successfully integrated into series manufacture, whilst ensuring product quality, change management and a strong culture of continuous improvement is built into the process from the outset. This strategy will be driven from an NPD / NPI point of view and will allow the organisations new and existing range of innovative products to be build and produced in the fasted, cost effective and to the highest quality standards possible.
The products do have a strong Electro-Mechanical biased and a suitable applicant should have a recent background in introducing and developing products and devices with such technology incorporated.
The position will be an integral part of the project management process, with direct liaison with internal department heads, suppliers and the Board of Directors.
Duties will include:
- Creating a strategy for moving projects forward into production with minimal issues.
- Sourcing and developing relationships with supply chain and manufactures around the world and UK .
- Build internal systems that will incorporate Quality and Change Management Systems.
- Understand Design and R&D processes, limitations and new innovation.
- Create strong gateways and procedures to deal with problems, bottlenecks and return issues.
- Project manage processes that include NPD / NPI / Cost and Assembly.
- Maintain regular update and progress meetings with the Board of Directors.
- Find better and new ways to improve processes and systems.
This right applicant for this position should hold the following:
- A formal qualification in Engineering (Engineering, Manufacturing or Design) HNC / HND /Degree
- Have good experience of introducing products, methods, suppliers and procedures within an Electro-Mechanical Device/Product environment.
- Be strong on Project Management methods and procedures
- Have strong IT and Project Software Tools experience
- Good Technical abilities within Engineering and Manufacturing
- Good exposure to New Product Development & Introduction
- Ability to interrogate and use 2D & 3D CAD
- A strong understanding and the ability to introduce ISO and Quality Standards
- Good Commercial Awareness
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Good exposure to working with overseas partners (Essential)
- A driven and professional attitude and personality
- The ability to persuade internal and external partners on new ideas
- The ability to mentor and support colleagues on new projects.
- A very natural team player (Essential)
International travel should be expected between 5 – 6 times a year minimum (2 – 10 Days Duration).
The company will offer good training and support, flexible working if required, technology and technical support and the inclusion into a friendly team.
A good benefits package and an excellent chance to progress will also be on offer.
For more information please send your CV ASAP.
This laboratory test focused position designs or specifies test systems that allow operation of client’s products in a laboratory environment for engineering evaluation to optimize their product designs. This position also involves the specification, design, implementation, validation and support of test systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, instrumentation, data acquisition and control systems.
- Obtains input and negotiates with product engineers, product validation engineers, and equipment manufacturers and delivers working test systems, processes and documentation to lab operations personnel and product engineers
- Makes decisions in the areas of appropriate technologies, equipment sourcing and quality processes that impact accuracy, reliability, operating cost, and compliance to standards and regulations.
- Applies and improves processes such as test equipment design, maintenance and calibration and tools such as measurement systems analysis, 7 step problem solving, fault tree analysis, and process hazard analysis required to support the processes and enable high quality decision making.
- Acts as a local subject matter expert on specific equipment of sub-systems, providing guidance to less experienced engineers and collaborating on with other sites to drive common processes and tools.
- Provides independent leadership of smaller business impact projects or ownership of complex components, products, systems or services with greater elements of ambiguity over the senior or lead engineer level and with full accountability to the project team.
- Delivers independent execution of established and emerging work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge. Leads the development and improvement of work processes and systems across a functional discipline area within a business unit site.
Competencies (but not limited to):
Measurement Science - Analyses measurement processes throughout the relevant traceability chain to identify and quantify sources of measurement uncertainty relevant to the appropriate applied measurement science, “Metrology” e.g. Chemical, Dimensional, Electrical, Mechanical, Optical and Radiation and Physical.
Product Function Test System Design - Interprets test equipment specifications from test standards or lab customer requirements; selects and integrates appropriate equipment, instrumentation and software to control boundary conditions and collect measurement data; assesses capability of the lab equipment against the requirements and support infrastructure.
Laboratory Equipment Safety - Evaluates hazards specific to laboratory test equipment that may result from fuels, kinetic energy, toxins, electrical or other risks in the test environment; analyses risk factors and potential impacts to personnel and property; applies appropriate techniques or safeguards to mitigate risks; collaborates with various laboratory areas to understand risks within a facility or site.
Data Quality - Identifies, understands and corrects flaws in data that supports effective information governance across operational business processes and decision making.
Qualifications and Experience:
College, University, or equivalent degree in Engineering Technology is required. Equivalent Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline area may be required for select roles.
- Prior Senior or Lead Engineer equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline area is required with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving and quality decision making.
- Knowledge of MS Office tools is preferred.
- Significant practical experience (post degree) in testing of engine emissions and measurement, equipment and process, ideally in a high-horsepower application.
- Knowledge of Combustion Performance and Emission of Diesel and Natural gas engines, Gas composition measurements system, Emissions calculations & equipment and Air flow measurements system are desirable.
- Project management skills are essential.
- Troubleshooting test cell and engine issues, driving improvements based on root cause analysis. Leading emission audits in development and production test cells.
- Providing advice on current emissions regulations and impact on existing / future products. Ensuring technical process documentation is in place to support daily testing needs for the range of emissions related measurements Assists with the transfer of emissions knowledge; coaching and mentoring less experienced engineers. Project work will focus on major test cell improvement initiatives & capital projects e.g. installing of new gas emissions equipment, PM, smoke meters, new test cell fuel system, heat exchanger upgrade, etc
Typical 37.5 - 40 Hours per week
Monday - Thursday - 8:00am - 17:00pm, Friday - 8:00am - 15:00pm
Are you an experienced Line Technician, Quality Inspector / Technician or Lab Technician looking for a new challenge within a high-quality niche industry?
The company pride themselves in the quality of their work and the niche industry they are in, servicing and supplying a wide range of industries. The commitment towards customer focus, quality, experience, partnership and trust is exceptional. Such a ‘complete’ approach has seen them work in partnership with the world’s leading brands. They are seeking a Lab Technician to ensure all necessary tests are carried out on finished products and ensure the high standards are maintained.
The Lab Technician will be flexible to working days and nights when required as well as:
- Set parameters; line speed, peak metal temperature, following work instructions
- Make adjustments to the line parameter settings based on test results
- Conduct pre-treatment tests
- Support and monitor the coating process
- Ensure samples are run correctly and feedback any changes or corrective actions made
- Record test results on a database
Skills & Experience:
The successful Lab Technician will have:
- Degree / HNC or Equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience of inspection / QC within a chemical bias
- Experience of continuous improvement / process procedures
- Experience in a team environment
I would be keen to speak with candidates who have experience as a Quality Inspector, Lab Technician, Line Technician, Production Inspector or Quality Control Technicians who are seeking a new opportunity.
A competitive salary
Generous holiday entitlement
Training if required
This role is commutable from Cannock, Burntwood, Wolverhampton, Willenhall, Dudley, Walsall, Telford, Stafford, Birmingham, and surrounding areas.
For an informal chat or to apply for this position or to discuss any further please send your CV ASAP.
Position: Maintenance Engineer
Shift: Continentals (2 days/ 2 nights)
Benefits: Death in service, enrolment into a medical scheme, double employee’s contribution up to 12%.
Location: NG31 7XJ
Probe Technical Recruitment is recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join a company within the FMCG industry. You will be part of a multi-disciplined team to carry out first line maintenance tasks and improvements on equipment throughout the factory efficiently and effectively to enable maintenance targets to be met. Not only do the company offer a 2 day/2-night shift pattern, but they also offer free site parking and double employees’ pension contribution up to 12% and offer a medical scheme to enrol on.
There is a successful team on site with over 40 Engineers, who are always expanding. This role offers opportunity for career progression and a great training programme when you start. Some of the duties are as follows:
- To complete designated tasks efficiently to the highest standard
- Consider cost implications when carrying out designated tasks to minimise wasted time, materials and costs
- Be observant always when in the plant and investigate any deficiencies observed or reported to you; raise work orders for those that cannot be auctioned immediately and feedback on those that can
- Work safely both on your own and as part of a team, with regard for your duty of care to yourself and to others who may be affected by your work and always adhere to company policies and procedures
- Work closely with the Maintenance Planner/Shift Engineering Manager to ensure the smooth execution of both day-to-day maintenance tasks and shutdown work
- Ensure the upkeep and reliability of all plant and equipment in your designated area by feeding back requirements to the Planner/SEM
To be successful in your role you will ideally need experience in working within a Maintenance Department especially a food manufacturing environment would be beneficial. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of City & Guilds Part 2 or equivalent in relevant subject either Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and Knowledge of Kaizen – Lean Manufacturing.