3 Nottinghamshire Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
The business is an SME, with 150 employees and 60 years of manufacturing heritage. They have a global supply chain and export over 30% of their product to a world-wide network of customers. The operation consists of a fabrication facility, assembly area, large yard, logistics area and finished goods stores with the majority of product designed and manufactured by the company at their UK site.
There are circa 40 individuals employed in the manufacturing areas with a team of supply chain and production management professionals supporting the day-to-day running of the facility. The facility is well invested with well-maintained equipment and facilities.
The Operations Manager will be directly responsible to the Managing Director and will sit as part of the business’ senior management team with responsibility for 40 personnel.
- Overall responsibility for the manufacturing facility and manufacturing output in accordance with the company management systems and to ensure customer requirements are met
- Line management of 5 direct reports: 2x Production Managers, Supply Chain Supervisor, Maintenance Manager and Logistics Manager
- Accountable for all manufacturing KPIs; Safety, Environmental, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People
- Responsibility for delivering improvements across all manufacturing operations in line with business priorities
- Responsibility for developing team members, skill provision and succession planning across manufacturing function
The Operations Manager must be a self-motivated & experienced leader of manufacturing operations with the energy and enthusiasm to drive change in an industrial environment.
Desired requirements for the role are listed below:
- A real depth of industrial experience
- Production management in a manufacturing facility
- Exposure to fabrications / steel or a construction environment
- Knowledge of lean management and improvement techniques
- An understanding of 5S and 5 Why’s
- Experience of change management and leading change programmes
- Leading cross-functional teams
- Supply Chain Management knowledge
Successful applicants will be invited to an initial interview with the Managing Director and HR Manager which will focus on the individual’s experience and motivation. Second round interviews may be requested for further discussion and are likely to include a presentation to a panel from within the business.
Package and Benefits:
- Circa £50,000
- Hours 37.5 per week. 8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
- Private Healthcare
Commutable From: Nottingham, Derby, Chesterfield, Worksop, Newark
Are you a trained Toolmaker? We have a fantastic opportunity for you to join us, this award-winning manufacturer produces custom injection and blow moulded components in Nottingham, you will be working within a clean modern facility with onsite parking, gym membership.
- Maintain and repair all tooling to a first-class condition for production use
- Maintain good housekeeping and implement cost efficiency in working practices
- Identify and implement areas of improvement using P.P.M companies’ system.
- Use toolmaking ability to undertake activities as required.
- Pass on training to new starters and apprentice Toolmaker
Skills & Experience:
To be successful in this Toolmaker role you will need experience in:
- Understanding plastic injection mould process, tooling and valve gate hot runner systems
- Understanding all H&S systems and Toolmaker practices (COSHH, abrasive wheel, Manual handling etc).
- Knowledge of all toolroom machinery and its capabilities both conventional and CNC
- Ability to spark erode
- Computer literate and understand the Toolmaker role within the company
- Onsite Parking
- Gym Membership
- Pension (Including Salary Sacrifice Scheme)
- Annual Christmas Bonus
Sound like you? Please send your CV ASAP.
Senior Project Design Engineer - Mechanical
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Project Design Engineer to join a fast paced and concept projects orientated organisation who focus on the research and development of engines, turbines and gear boxes.
The vacancy is for a suitable Engineer to lead the development and realisation of complex test facilities underpinning research on aeroengine gear boxes and bearing chambers design and development.
Key Duties of a Senior Project Design Engineer:
- The position requires a highly versatile and skilled Engineer with a proven capability to deliver projects on time. The role will involve a range of skills and capabilities needed to take test rigs through from specification of requirements to fully instrumented, controlled and operational test facility and into testing and data acquisition.
- The rigs rotate at high speed and involve oil and air flows; some run at elevated temperature and pressure as well, so a suitable Engineer will already have some experience of Design and R&D of Rotating Machinery.
- We are keen to speak to applicants who have a mix of mechanical engineering, CAD Modelling / detailing and machine design skills.
- Working as part of a small team the position will assume a key role in the entire development cycle for the complex test facilities from specification of requirements through to close of commissioning and into testing.
Requirements of a Senior Project Design Engineer:
- This post is a combined design and realisation role so proficiency in use of all appropriate design tools and CAD systems combined with sufficient hands-on capability is essential. Experience in the design and operation of fluid systems and their constituent components is desirable. Experience with motors, drives and power transmission are all highly desirable.
- The right candidate will have a Degree in Engineering, ideally Mechanical and at least 5 years post qualification industry experience.
- Although applicants do not need to come from an engine background, they should have worked in a mechanical / rotating machinery design biased role, where the physical testing and development of prototypes are a major part of the programme.
- Applicants should also have 3 – 5 years’ experience of using 3D CAD, A good background in Fabrications, Machining, Castings, Rotating Parts, CNC, Bearings and have strong evidence of working to GD&T and BS8888 standards.
This is a great role for a hands-on Engineer, who enjoys taking a brief and creating a moving mechanical device, machine or test rig.