4 Birmingham Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
My client is seeking to recruit a Payroll Specialist on a 7-month fixed term contract. The role is part-time 16 - 20 hours.
The Payroll Specialist will process and manage the company's payroll calculating wages based on hours worked and administer payments. The goal is to ensure employees receive the correct compensation on time. Proven experience as Payroll Specialist with a solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages, LOS and any other reports required for the department and or business
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analysing information
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Issuing tax forms (e.g. P45's, P60's)
- Collation of payroll information from relevant departments
- Check employee timesheets/clock cards, calculate overtime and holiday pay alongside any other payments due
- Process employee payroll including the calculation and processing of all relevant deductions
- Statutory calculations such us maternity pay, sick pay etc.
- Processing of pension contributions and enrolment of eligible employees into company pension scheme and pension administration
- Processing AOEs and HMRC submissions
- Inputting absence and collation of absence data
- Checking payslips and reports at payroll validation and rectifying identified issues
- Payroll reporting
- Processing of new starters and leavers
- Posting of payroll journals
- Conducting compliance checks
- Providing advice and support to employees with pay or pension queries
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
The successful Payroll Specialist will have:
- Good excel skills
- Experience of working within a payroll function
- Knowledge of HMRC regulations and their application to the payroll function
- Experience of working to strict deadlines
£NEG + PENSION + BUSY MODERN MANUFACTURING FACILITY + SUPERB PROSPECTS
HIGH VOLUME MANUFACTURING
ARE YOU a LEAN ENGINEER, looking for an opportunity for you to utilise your considerable experience and commit to a busy, global manufacturing company?
This will be a chance for you to shine, and showcase your Lean Engineering skill set. It’s a great opportunity for you to join a large International manufacturing.
- Coordinate all continuous improvement activities in the plant
- Support the implementation and application of Lean Principles to production processes
- Eliminate waste
- Increase operational performance
- Champion a continuous improvement environment
- Analysis of logistics and production processes and indicators
- Improve training, material flow and labour utilisation
- Support lean evaluation / assessment to monitor the improvement progress within the plant
- Implement training for e.g. Value Stream Mapping, 5S, elimination of waste and Standardised Work Procedures
- Lean Engineering experience
- To have gained experience from within a manufacturing environment
- Proven experience of leading lean projects and drive to sustain improvements
- Training experience including design and delivery
- Participation in best practice and benchmark sharing
- Experience of working with lean methodologies / tools
- High level of IT Literacy
- Drive and ambition
You will be joining an established manufacturing organisation, and you will be supported by a strong management team.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join continue your successful career.
About Our Client
Our client is the UK subsidiary of a leading global manufacturing business.
Reporting to the MD, you will be required to drive improvements in systems, processes and controls, enhancing financial reporting and planning. You will be responsible for all finance decisions that affect the UK business.
Key Duties include:
- Provide strategic and operational financial leadership.
- Ensure all financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation.
- Manage year end statutory accounts and audit process.
- Management of the annual budgeting process.
- Oversee financial accounting and treasury functions ensuring financial control processes are adhered to.
- Lead and develop the finance team.
- Involvement in all financial planning, financial accounting control.
- Ensuring the provision of appropriate financial information e.g. monthly management reporting to the board.
- Identify key risks and opportunities.
- Ability to act as a business partner to the MD and senior management team, providing strategic, analytical and business support.
- Provide all supporting analysis to validate strategy and business plan.
- Treasury and cash flow management
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for fully qualified ACA/ACCA or ACMA Accountant with a proven track record in a finance leadership role, ideally within an automotive manufacturing business. You will have strong financial controls experience and be experienced in developing financial management systems, procedures and controls.
You will be comfortable supervising and developing a small finance team. You will have "handson" approach and happy to get into the detail but also have the ability to contribute at Board level offering your strategic and commercial acumen. You will demonstrate the ability to positively communicate with colleagues, customers and suppliers in order to form and maintain good working relationships.
Recruitment Consultant x 2 - Sutton Coldfield
Probe Recruitment is on track for a record year in 2018, and we are now looking for two new Recruitment Consultants / Trainee Recruitment Consultants to join us in January.
In what can be a volatile sector where staff come and go, we are extremely proud of the fact that we have Consultants who have worked for us for nearly 20 years, and their knowledge and the relationships we have forged during our 24 year history gives new starters the best possible chance of success. Some of the features you can expect from working for Probe include:
- An Outstanding Commission Scheme - You could earn up to 30% on the fees that you generate, and can earn commission on 100% of your billings.
- Highly Competitive Basic Salaries - Commensurate with experience. The salary band for Recruitment Consultants is up to £26,000, and for Senior Consultants it’s up to £32,000.
- A Structured Career Development Pathway - To Team Manager or Principal level.
- A Highly Knowledgeable Team - You will work with some highly experienced and successful Consultants, some of whom have worked here for over 19 years.
- Reduce Your Daily Commute - If you live in North Birmingham, you could cut the time and cost of going into the city each day.
- Free Car Parking Provided
- Pension & Healthcare Provided - After a short qualifying period.
- An Excellent Working Environment - This is a very friendly office culture, and we adopt a mature approach to KPI management.
- Friendly Hours of Work - Compared to many recruitment businesses.
- Incentives - We run a regular individual and team-based incentives, where you can win prizes, Michelin Star meals, and trips abroad. We also value and reward longevity with long service awards.
If you have previous recruitment or business to business sales experience, and want to be part of a successful and growing company, I’d be very keen to discuss these opportunities with you in greater detail.
You can initiate that conversation by applying via this advertisement, or you can call or contact me directly – firstname.lastname@example.org / 0121 321 4311.