10 Northamptonshire Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
This is your chance to work for a globally recognised, major international brand, who distribute products to over 50 countries worldwide.
Driven by the passion of the founding team for designing innovative products that redefine end user expectations, the business continues to grow. They are looking to recruit a skilled and forward-thinking Audio Electronics Project Engineer, for a hands-on role, who has the talent and work ethic to make a difference in one of the most exciting brands in their industry.
Salary and Hours:
- Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
- A fantastic, fun environment to work
- The chance to be part of a world-leading business
- 33 days holiday, rising to 38 days with service
- Sick pay
- Death in service 2x salary
- You must have Audio Electronics experience, High Speed Electronics or very closely related experience
- Degree in electronics or associated engineering subject
- 1-2 years’ experience of electronic and/or mechanical design in a consumer audio or electronics environment
- A demonstrable aptitude for electronics. Will have been interested in consumer electronics and circuitry, or mechanical construction/design as a hobby or in a previous role
- Knowledge of CAD PCB design
- Experience / Knowledge Used to working to tight deadlines, excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Someone with a passion for music / musical instrument would be advantageous
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- The input and modification of electronics schematics, with guidance from the Chief Engineer
- The input and modification of PCB artworks using CAD, with guidance from the Chief Engineer
- Building and testing of prototypes
- Sourcing components for prototype production and testing
- Writing and performing new product tests and recording/presenting results
- Managing the approvals of products to international standards
Commutable from Milton Keynes, Rugby, Daventry, Kettering, Banbury, Bedford
With a fantastic benefits package on offer, my client, a global R&D organisation are looking to recruit an experienced Assistant Project Manager for their state-of-the-art site in Hoddesdon on a fixed term contract. For the right candidate full training can be provided as long as a scientific qualification is held.
The Assistant Project Manager package:
- 23 + Statutory Days holiday
- Up to 10% Pension
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Care
- Income Protection
Assistant Project Manager responsibilities:
- Be the main point of contact for clients.
- Involvement in teleconferences and emails relating to projects.
- Produce protocols, reports and tables for clients
- Attend meetings and keep minutes between production and quality departments.
The successful Assistant Project Manager will have the following experience:
- Ideally have an understanding of GMP (good manufacturing practice).
- Hold a scientific qualification and have a good understanding of synthetic and analytical chemistry.
- PC literate and able to use basic Microsoft packages.
If you are currently in a similar Assistant Project Manager role or would be interested in training for this role, please send your CV ASAP.
For over 60 years, this business has been constantly evolving their product portfolio to meet the demands and ever-changing needs for some of the world’s largest industries.
From the design of their first ever product, the business has sustained manufacturing excellence, setting the industry standard.
Today they operate from a purpose built, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Northampton, where they routinely design and develop system solutions for bespoke applications.
Package, Benefits and Hours:
- Salary £35,000 - £42,000 Dependent on Experience
- Excellent contractual benefits package to include contributory pension scheme, death in service and health insurance, together with a non-contractual annual profit share bonus
- 33 days holiday
- 37 hours per week - Monday to Thursday 08:30am - 17:15pm, Fridays 08:30am - 12:30pm
- The business wishes to recruit a Development and Applications Engineer to grow the strength of the Applications and Product Development team and assist company growth plans as the recent technology, will add new products to its portfolio and further strengthen its position in the market.
- Development and Application Engineers provide technical solutions to customer enquiries and study, research and develop ideas for new products and methods used to make them. Working on a wide range of rotating machinery, couplings and test rigs of bespoke design that must be functional and reliable, easy and safe to use, including modifying existing products or processes to increase efficiency or improve performance.
- Support the Chief Applications Engineer in providing timely response to new application and product enquiries.
- Produce innovative designs/ideas and create workable and cost-effective solutions.
- Assist in new product development and product improvement activities including brainstorming, design, analysis, supplier selection and testing.
- Create 3D CAD conceptual designs and 2D drawings.
- Collaborate with manufacturing, assembly and testing to build in-house R&D test rigs for new product development.
- The ability to conduct test schedules, document the results and present these findings clearly.
- Work on short and long-term projects both in managing, documenting and performing the project activities.
- The selection and specification of suitable equipment suppliers and processes.
- A 2.1 degree in Mechanical engineering with Aerospace/Automotive/Energy/Oil & Gas background together with 2 to 4 years of demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Ability to use CAD (preferably Creo Elements or SolidWorks) and FEA (preferably Ansys Workbench) tools.
- Ability to perform hand calculations for preliminary design, sizing and stress assessment of static and rotating components.
- Material selection and knowledge of conventional manufacturing processes.
- Ability to create and interpret engineering drawings and GD&T.
- Good understanding of Strength of Materials, Fatigue, Vibrations and Rotor dynamics.
- Advanced MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) skills.
Commutable from Northampton, Leicester, Coventry, Milton Keynes, Rugby, Leamington Spa, Banbury
We are seeking to recruit a proven Maintenance Electrician to join a leading global design and engineering company to assist both Engineering and Production by ensuring minimum downtime on all items of Plant and Machinery.
Benefits for a Maintenance Electrician:
Along with a negotiable salary around the £34,000 mark (D.O.E) the company also offer:
- An Attendance Bonus @ 5.5% of Basic Salary
- 22 Days Holiday
- Overtime Paid @ 1.5 rate
- Euro Holidays Paid
- Occupational Health Service Provided
Requirements of a Maintenance Electrician:
- For the position of Maintenance Electrician, you will need to hold a minimum of an ONC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and four years’ experience after completion of apprenticeship.
- You must be able to understand hydraulic and pneumatic systems and be able to read schematic drawings and have experience of PLC’s.
- It is also beneficial if you are experienced in the use of Machine Tools-Lathe / Milling Machine / Surface Grinder.
Some duties for the role of Maintenance Electrician may include:
- Respond quickly and efficiently to all breakdowns, considering production priorities
- To visit all Plant Services on a shift basis, taking readings and carrying out any proposed remedial action to any problem listed
- To be trained as required to be able to service and maintain all Plant systems and machines
- Ensure the smooth running of the stores by completing all paperwork when using spares
This role of Maintenance Electrician is commutable from Northampton, Peterborough, Leicester and Northampton
An exciting opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic Robot Weld Operative to join a long standing manufacturing company in Daventry.
The Successful Robot Weld Operative will receive:
- Around £10 p/h Dependent on Experience
- 20 Days Holiday + bank holidays (increasing with service)
- Weekday - Days Only
- Company Pension
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Free Parking on Site
- Training Provided and Long Term Progression Opportunities
- My client is looking for a Robot Weld Operative or someone in a similar role who is happy to train.
The successful Robot Weld Operative will have the following experience:
- Experience operating Fanuc CNC or robot weld machines.
- Ideally basic MIG welding skills.
- Keen to learn new skills
- Ability to follow instructions and work using their own initiative.
If you are currently in a Robot Weld Operative or interested in this line of work please send your CV ASAP.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an Experienced Health & Safety, HR and Facilities Manager to join a longstanding manufacturing company in Daventry.
The Successful Health & Safety, HR and Facilities Manager will receive:
- Great holidays
- Weekday - days only
- Company pension
- Bike to Work scheme
- Free parking on site
- My client is looking for a Health & Safety, HR and Facilities Manager who can be flexible and continue to thrive under pressure. Ideally with experience working in a small-medium sized business.
The successful Health & Safety, HR and Facilities Manager will have the following experience:
- Ensure all company Health and Safety policies and HR are reviewed and updated
- Develop Health and Safety, and HR training plans for staff
- Analyse and improve existing Health and Safety Processes and procedures
- Conduct risk assessments and ensure compliance
- Liaise with external bodies
- Review HR processes and documentation
- Maintain HR and H+S records, ensuring GDPR compliance
- Managing contracts and contractors
If you are currently in a Health & Safety, HR and Facilities Management role, and interested in new opportunities do please give Heidi a call on 0121 321 4311.
My client is looking for a Machine Setter with a strong Mechanical knowledge. Ideal for somebody who has recently completed an apprenticeship. Experience working within a plastic environment would be desirable.
The successful Machine Setter will receive:
- £21.5k-£23.5k DOE
- Paid Breaks!
- Professional development opportunities
- 3-month training course
Successful Machine Setter will have the following experience:
- Strong Mechanical knowledge
- Good work ethic
- Good longevity within past job roles
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment
- Training available
- Progression opportunities
- Company Pension
- Overtime paid at time and a half
- 2hrs paid breaks per shift
If you are currently a Toolmaker and you are looking for a fresh opportunity please do give Heidi a call on 0121 321 4311.
My client, a successful, forward-thinking Technology company in Northamptonshire, have a fantastic opportunity for a skilled Production Manager to join their friendly team. There is a great package, including some fantastic benefits on offer.
The successful Production Manager will have the following experience:
- Detailed knowledge and experience with high precision Vacuum Brazing.
- Experience in a complex manufacturing company within a supervisory or managerial position
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques and NDT techniques including DPI, US and X-ray.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and ISO9001.
As the Production Manager you will receive:
- Company Bonus
- Weekdays only + early finishes on Fridays
- Matched pension up to 5%
- Private medical insurance
If this role is of interest to you, please send your CV ASAP.
My client, a successful, forward-thinking Technology company in Northamptonshire, have a fantastic opportunity for a skilled QHSE Coordinator to join their friendly team. There is a great package including some fantastic benefits on offer.
The successful QHSE Co-ordinator will have the following experience:
- Knowledge of QHSE activities within a manufacturing environment.
- Awareness of the following quality standards: ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 and 17025.
- NVQ in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Computer literate.
- Experience updating and maintaining relevant documentation.
- £26,500 (increasing to £27,500 after successful probation)
- Company Bonus
- Weekdays only + early finishes on Fridays
- Matched pension up to 5%
- Private medical insurance
If you are currently a QHSE Co-ordinator and are looking for a fresh opportunity, please send your CV ASAP.
An experienced Technical Sales professional is required to generate and grow the business and represent the commercial and technical interests of the precision component division of a market leading business.
This role is UK (home) based.
Hours- 37 per week
Responsibilities of the Technical Sales / Key Account Manager
- Monitor market demand and help develop sales strategy.
- Generate new customers and maintain and grow exiting customers.
- Conduct technical/commercial discussions with customers at all levels and present seminars when required.
- Work in conjunction with all other departments and liaise with colleagues both nationally and internationally
- Generate and follow up quotations
- Monitor competitors technical and commercial activities and strategies and report in appropriate detail, in particular where these could adversely affect the Company’s business.
- To prepare and agree with theSales Manager and MD,annualorder intake budgets or any such financial dataas and when required. Issuemonthly rolling order forecast revisions for the Department in accordance with Company practice
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Capabilities of the Technical Sales / Key Account Manager
- Ideally educated to degree level in Engineering, Material discipline
- Ideally from technical / engineering environment used to selling to industry
Benefits of the Technical Sales / Key Account Manager-
- Competitive salary
- Company car
- Bonus scheme