3 Cambridgeshire Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
Probe Technical Recruitment is looking to recruit a Controls Engineer within a specialist manufacturing environment. The company's strength lies in its process expertise, engineering excellence extending from design and manufacture through installation and commissioning to Lifetime Support. This is a more junior position so we would be keen to talk to candidates who have 1 years’ experience within Controls Engineering. Along with a competitive salary of £30,000 the company offers 24+8 Holiday, Pension matched up to 6%, Life Assurance and Sick Pay.
As a Controls Engineer some parts of the role will include:
- Developing and produce PLC and HMI software for a variety of platforms with minimal assistance.
- To design, specify and issue electrical hardware parts lists and control panels according to contract specifications.
- To produce machine test specifications.
- Test equipment in assembly shop and on customer sites as required.
- To provide technical and commissioning support to Installation & Commissioning/Customer Services in the office and on site.
The ideal candidate will need experience of installing and commissioning process equipment and a knowledge of programming and fault finding on PLC systems is desirable including mainly Rockwell Logix 5000, Siemens S7 and Mitsubishi an advantage, although on-site training will be provided. Ideally, qualified to an Engineering degree or BTEC Higher Certificate in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
Able to work away from home base for extended periods of time, within the UK and overseas could be required.
This is an excellent opportunity with a leading manufacturing of advanced process technology company, who have a rich, well-established background. They have sites here in the UK and overseas
The company's strength lies in its process expertise, engineering excellence and the ability to fully support customers worldwide. The service is complete - from design through installation and commissioning to lifetime support.
- Develop the product range to ensure competitive position of machines
- Issue machines and ancillary equipment to contract, produce factory layouts complete with services and installation information
- Provide assistance to Sales and Customer Services departments on technical offering to ensure smooth contract execution
- Identify risks and put in place plans to maintain cost and schedule
- Maintain modular product structure for product range.
- Product leadership and ensure specified solution is implemented within the agreed schedule and costs, manage priorities to ensure project schedules are maintained
- Ensure accurate drawings and parts lists are produced in accordance with company’s standards and quality procedures, to ensure compliance with CAD best practices
- To be fully competent in the use of Siemens NX and TeamCenter ensuring compliance with best practices
- Ensure compliance of the equipment with legislation (e.g. EC Directives)
- Maintain and update drawings and parts lists, and completion of change requests, work with suppliers to ensure applications are fully and reliably implemented.
- Undertake calculations for design work, both on contracts and development projects, brief field engineers and visit site when necessary
- A highly motivated, confident and dedicated professional, currently in a key role within a design team
- Competent in the use of 3D design and ERP business systems.
- An innovative engineer with an analytical approach to problem solving
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent experience level in Engineering
- Able to work alone or as a member of a design team
- Good communication skills, good PC literacy skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Able to travel both within the UK and throughout the world.
Essential Experience Required:
- Experienced designer of low volume / bespoke industrial machinery
- Good 3D CAD design experience using NX, Solidworks, Inventor or similar
- Modelling machined components, fabricated parts, sheet metal and assemblies.
- Good drafting experience of machined components, fabrications and assembly drawings
- Good knowledge of different manufacturing methods, their benefits and limitations
- Good level of PC Literacy – Windows, MS Office, Outlook etc
- Willing and able to occasionally travel to customer / supplier sites in the UK and Worldwide
- Motivated, confident and professional with good communication skills, experience of working on multiple projects concurrently, prioritising tasks accordingly, good attention to detail, cost and quality in particular
- Able to select suitable materials, with a good appreciation of the benefits and limitations of each
£38,000 - £42,000 plus employee benefits
Commutable from Peterborough, Stamford, Oakham, Wisbech, Corby, Kettering
Probe Technical Recruitment are looking to recruit an experienced Engineering Chargehand (Maintenance Supervisor) to work in a busy engineering department, you will lead a team of multi-disciplined shift engineers to carry out first line maintenance tasks and improvements on equipment within the plant. Providing feedback on completed tasks into the CMMS to ensure equipment histories are up to date and to enable follow up work to be identified and planned.
Duties for Maintenance Supervisor:
- Respond to breakdowns in the factory
- Issue permits to work
- Contractor Inductions
- Carry out maintenance programmes.
- Produce written reports, when requested.
- Suggest improvements to work methods.
- A minimum of a level 3 is required for this role and previous experience working within a factory environment, ideally food.
- We would also be keen to talk to Maintenance Team Leaders, Maintenance Chargehands and Supervisors.
- As an Engineering Chargehand this is an excellent opportunity with a chance to grow within a great company and move up the ladder.
- The shift pattern is as follows: 5 days (6.45am-6.45pm), 5 off, 4 nights, 5 off, 2 days, 3 nights, 4 off.
- The company offer a salary of £42,816.80, death in service, medical cover and pension (will double contribution up to 12%).
This role is commutable from Peterborough, Corby, March, Whittlesey and Spalding.