12 Derbyshire Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
An excellent opportunity has arisen within one of our clients for an experienced Automation Engineer to join the team. The candidate should have proven experience in at least two PLCs such as Siemens S7, Mitsubishi or Rockwell ControlLogix/CompactLogix and willing to learn. You will be required to spend some time working on customers sites installing and commissioning systems but will mainly be based at the head office.
Essential requirements for Automation Engineer include:
- PLC programming of control systems from given designs
- Involvement throughout whole software/systems lifecycle, from design through coding to testing, installation and configuration, and documentation.
- Installation and configuration/testing work at customer sites
- Appropriate engineering qualification (degree/HND) or comparable industrial experience
- Knowledge of PLC system design working as an Automation Engineer
- The company offer a competitive salary DOE, and great company package.
This role is commutable from Litchfield, Tamworth, Burton on Trent, Derby and Leicester.
We are seeking to recruit a proven Maintenance Electrician to support a medium size Maintenance team within a Heavy Industry Environment. Our client is well established and is a successful and expanding business manufacturing high integrity and high-volume products for a worldwide customer base
Ideally the Maintenance Electrician will have experience supporting kit from a Heavy Environment including, Cranes, Overhead Cranes, Pumps, Motors, Drives, Control Panels, Furnaces and Hydraulics/ Pneumatics. The ideal candidate must hold:
- 18th Edition City & Guilds desirable (17th is a must)
- Electrical Bias
- Apprenticeship or equivalent in Electrical Engineering – HNC/ ONC/ Degree/ NVQ
- The salary for the role of Maintenance Electrician is £30,000 depending on experience plus OT, pension etc. The shift pattern of the role is double days with hours of work being 6-2/1-9.
This Maintenance Electrician role is commutable from Alfreton, Nottingham, Derby, Loughborough and Newark-on-Trent.
This is a well-established business who are at the forefront of their industry, with over 40 years’ experience.
They operate from a large state of the art manufacturing facility that has been purpose built for the manufacture of their bespoke products.
This superb facility, BSI/ISO accreditation and creative R&D team enables them to provide a diverse, innovative range of high-performance products.
In a busy environment, this role will see you providing specialist mechanical engineering expertise that is required for designing and building packaging machinery, automation equipment, injection mould tools, jigs and fixtures to meet the company’s business strategy.
The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of SolidWorks, a strong eye for detail and the ability to provide creative solutions.
- To provide mechanical engineering expertise to projects from the concept stage through to commissioning
- Assist in the writing of Design Specifications
- To creatively design innovative components, mechanisms and assemblies (in SolidWorks) to meet the needs of the Design Specification using suitable materials and manufacturing methods to achieve a reliable and cost-effective solution
- Create CAD drawings (in SolidWorks) with appropriate tolerancing and manufacturing notes following internal document control systems, create detailed component specifications (for bought-in parts)
- Research any processes that include uncertainty and prove concepts with prototypes as required
- Coordinate the first build of new assemblies and the electrical and control requirements of machine build projects with Systems Engineers
- Test the function of newly designed equipment, coordinating with Validation Engineers and produce the mechanical documentation and the collate any other documentation required to form the Technical File
- Educated to Degree level in Mechanical Engineering, Design or similar, with three years plus engineering experience
- Experience working with special purpose machinery or packaging machinery would be useful. Any experience of medical packaging or devices would be highly advantageous
- Self-motivated and with the drive and desire to create excellent products
- Excellent organisational, project management and communication skills
- A competent understanding of engineering and workshop machinery
- Innovative, creative and enthusiastic
- A great team player with a positive approach and a commercial outlook
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
Package and Benefits:
- £28,000 - £35,000 dependent on experience
- 40 hours per week, 8am - 4:30pm or 8:30am - 5pm
- 5% employer pension
- Free tea and biscuits
Commutable from Nottingham, Derby, Leicester, Loughborough, Mansfield, Lichfield
We are seeking to recruit a proven PLC Programmer to join a specialist manufacturer based in Derby. Your role will be to develop software, test control systems and work with the team on special projects. You will be responsible for programming assembly lines, robotic devices, or other manufacturing processes using programmable logic controllers (PLC). We will also be willing to talk to Control Engineers or Automation Engineers with strong PLC experience.
Duties of a PLC Programmer:
- Modify existing PLC and HMI programs and fault finding.
- Develop new software for customer specific equipment.
- Commission and test control systems and software in the factory.
- Working predominantly with Mitsubishi GX Works 2 and GT Works 3.
- Software and document revision control.
- Configure Oriental Motors stepper drives.
- To facilitate the development of an open and productive culture where people take pride and responsibility in what they do.
- To contribute towards maintaining, promoting and developing high standards of Health & Safety standards of self and others to comply with legal requirements.
Requirements for a PLC Programmer:
- We require you to hold a minimum of 5 years’ experience in programming, experienced in robotics (Epson/Mitsubishi) and machine vision, a competent knowledge of servo/stepper drives and panel build experience
Benefits for a PLC Programmer:
- The company offers a competitive salary banding of (£35,000-£40,000)
- Company Pension
- Holiday along with free Tea, Coffee, Biscuits and fruit.
This PLC Programmer role is commutable from Nottingham, Derby, Burton on Trent and Leicester
An exciting opportunity has become available for a skilled Toolmaker to join a leading Plastics company, commutable from Stoke-on-Trent, Macclesfield, Congleton, Derby and Burton. My client is looking for a Toolmaker ideally from a plastics background, however other backgrounds will be considered, and training can be provided.
The successful Toolmaker will have the following experience:
- Experience with manual machining is essential
- CNC machining experience is ideal
- Experience working from Engineering drawings
- Experience with 2D AutoCAD is ideal
- Experience operating and Programming EDM wire eroders.
The package for a Toolmaker:
- Up to £29k DOE
- Weekdays only
- 20 days holiday + Statutory days (increasing with service)
- Company Pension
- Training available
If you are currently a Toolmaker looking for a fresh opportunity please send your CV ASAP.
This consulting business is a well-established multi-disciplinary firm, with a diverse workload of schemes ranging from 1 million – 15 million. They have a requirement for an experienced infrastructure engineer.
They offer a varied and interesting workload. This is a client facing role, and consequently they require a candidate with excellent communication skills. The successful candidate would have proven experience, and a good grounding in a range of civil engineering work (drainage, highways etc), or deeper knowledge within one area and a desire to develop their skills across other disciplines.
- Managing and undertaking numerous residential, commercial and public sector related clients and projects. Liaison and co-operative working with team members, senior staff and colleagues in other disciplines.
- Writing of Flood Risk Assessment reports, Transport Assessments and other technical reports for strategic development schemes.
- Development of surface water drainage strategy designs, Road design, S38, S104, S106 and S278 documentation.
- Prepare design models, drawings, calculations, technical documents, reports and correspondence.
- Assist Director with operation of the Civil team to meet the productivity and growth aspirations of the company.
- Submissions of designs for third party approvals which require pro-active communication with clients, authorities and other agencies to ensure projects are completed to deadlines and budgets.
- Working within all offices as and when required, working additional hours if necessary, to deliver all responsibilities and to attend meetings/events.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
(some of these responsibilities may not be relevant to you, dependent on experience level)
- Provide supervision, guidance, training and advice to junior engineers/technicians. Work closely with the Civil Director to develop business strategies to deliver the strategic goals of the company.
- Ensure all team members follow a continued professional development/programme of training to maintain the growth of the division. Achieve minimum of 5 days continuing professional development (CPD) per year.
- Compliance with Designer’s responsibilities under the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2007. Maintain valid CSCS Card.
- Undertaking junior staff PDR and performance reviews. Project management including client liaison, fee proposals, invoicing and managing team members.
- Business development and networking. Maintaining and growing existing client relationships, developing new opportunities and diversifying the range of commissions.
- Management of clients and projects, including regular communication, obtaining feedback on performance, agreeing fee proposals and timescales. Ensure team liaise fully with clients, other staff members and statutory bodies including Planning Authorities, Highway Authorities, Drainage Authorities, Environment Agency, etc to ensure efficient progress with commissions.
- Site visits for inspections or investigation work; attendance at meetings with team, clients and suppliers. Occasional requirement to attend events and meetings outside of normal office hours.
- Educated to a minimum standard of degree in a relevant subject.
- Ideally 4-5 years relevant experience, working knowledge of technical guidance, standards/regulations and good practice.
- Member of The Institution of Civil Engineers or other relevant professional body. Hold or working towards a recognised professional qualification.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, proficient in modelling software such as Micro Drainage, PDS or Civil 3d. Working knowledge of drainage design standards and good practice, including Sewers for Adoption, Wallingford Procedure, FEH, NHBC Standards, CIRIA 753 (SUDS Manual), NPPF, etc.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office, plus excellent written and verbal skills, particularly report writing and client liaison.
- Self-motivated individual with desire to not only work within the company but also have ambition to help it grow and develop. Mentoring/supervision of trainee staff to develop their knowledge and skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to present information in detail to Directors, senior management team and staff. Smart appearance in accordance with Company dress code policy.
- Hold full clean driving licence and have own private car with insurance for business use.
- Basic salary will be in the bracket of £32,000 - £42,000 dependent upon experience
- Payment of Professional Subscriptions
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas closure
- Company Pension (3% contribution)
Commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Burton Upon Trent, Loughborough, Lichfield
Probe Technical Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Electrician for a company within the Heavy Engineering Industry that are unique in what they do. Along with a competitive salary of £37,162, the company operate a continental shift with working hours 0625 to 1830 and 1825 to 0630 12 hours shifts worked on a rota.
Requirements of a Maintenance Electrician:
Fully apprentice-trained, with several years electrical experience, preferably gained in a heavy industrial environment. You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- An extensive knowledge on fault diagnosis and repair to industrial three phase electrical system, including motor starters, inverters, modern control systems and the installation and termination of armoured cables.
- Previous experience and the ability to identify faults on PLC controlled pneumatically and hydraulically operated machinery would be advantageous.
- A working knowledge of the current Wiring Regulations will be required
- Experience of Electrical Inspection and Testing (2391) would be advantageous
Benefits include defined contribution pension scheme, with up to 10% company contributions (if employee pays 5%), 25 days holiday plus statutory Bank holidays, 3 x salary death in service cover (if joining the DC pension scheme), Bonus schemes and Employee Assistance Programme
The role for a Maintenance Electrician is commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Mansfield and Chesterfield.
Our client is looking for a highly motivated individual with a professional telephone manner, effective questioning and listening skills, who can help customers in a positive and friendly manner. They are looking for you to provide excellent customer service, building trust and help people through the three phases of the decision-making process; enquiry, needs assessment and fitting.
In-depth training will give you all the product knowledge you need to excel in this role. They work with disabled and elderly people and want people who can demonstrate empathy and help people with proper recommendations and great service.
Key Responsibilities of a Sales Advisor:
- Take the time to talk to customers & build genuine rapport
- Identify customer needs quickly & professionally
- Research products and the company to present persuasively to customers
- Gain commitment for customers to book appointments for our Field Sales Managers
- Provide exceptional customer service
Person Specification for a Sales Advisor:
- Be able to demonstrate an excellent telephone manner
- A genuine passion for helping people
- Be confident using Microsoft Excel, Word, internet & email
- Work to agreed process & procedures to deliver daily KPI’s
- Consistency and a positive attitude to your working day
- Call centre, customer service or sales experience is an advantage but more importantly your attitude
- SAP experience would be beneficial, but is not essential
Salary for a Sales Advisor:
- £17,250, on target earnings of £22,500
Commutable from Derby, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Nottingham, Mansfield, Worksop, Newark
Reporting to the Group Head of Engineering, client is looking for the expertise of a proven Electrical Engineer.
Your base will be at clients Midland’s office, but you must be flexible as there will be worldwide travel involved.
This is an excellent, autonomous opportunity with a globally recognised market leader, who is at the forefront of their industry.
It is an exciting time for the business, resulting in a continued period of growth. They have great staff retention with the average years’ service being over 12 years, which is a testament to the type of company that they are.
- Electrical designs for system loading, electrical protection, cable sizing, voltage drops and suitability for conditions.
- Design of electrical and automated systems for crushing equipment, specification of process control requirements and components.
- Design and on-site analysis of Electrical loads, short circuit calculations and harmonics, production of engineering drawings including P&ID´s. Logic flow, single line etc. using AutoCAD.
- Product selection for systems equipment.
- Generation of electrical specifications, supervision of installation and commissioning of equipment, risk analysis for HAZOP requirements.
- Technical support to our satellite network, and other departments within the group.
- On site Supervision of electrical installation and commissioning of equipment, analysis, reporting and troubleshooting of electrical problems.
- The successful candidate will be motivated and have a depth of Electrical Engineering experience involving similar expertise to client requirements and working within a team.
- A particular knowledge and expertise in motors and their control systems would be advantageous, as is the knowledge of "state of the art" technologies in this field.
- A working knowledge of variable motors and speed drives and adapting to new technology is required.
- Experience from heavy engineering, tunneling, mining, quarrying or crushers would be highly advantageous.
Package and Benefits:
- Salary negotiable plus excellent bonus
- Opportunities for global travel
- 10% employer contributed pension, with 0% required from employee
- Private medical cover (currently with Bupa) on completion of the probationary period
- 33 days holiday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free flu jabs
- The possibility of joining a company with a great staff retention record - average years’ service being 12 years
Commutable from Derby, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Nottingham, Mansfield, Worksop
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
8am – 5pm Monday – Thursday and 8am – 4pm Friday
Up to £35K DOE + PENSION + COMPETITVE HOLIDAY DAYS + GREAT CAREER PROSPECTS
Are you an experienced Quality Assurance Manager with a qualification or background in Concrete Technology?
A large and growing company in the Burton Upon Trent area is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to join their team due to an expansion. They have just expanded their facility and are therefore looking to increase their team size to accommodate their larger output. With a high retention rate, this company is a very stable and secure job.
- Lead, manage and co-ordinate the continuous improvement programme within the Company to meet the business goals and objectives
- To test, record, report and analyse quality issues
- Work in conjunction with the Production, Technical and Sales teams on quality issues to reduce customer complaints
- Provide appropriate support to the Operations Director and Technical Director
- Collation of test data and completion of the quality action report
- The Quality Assurance Manager must have a qualification in concrete technology
- Knowledge of concrete technology
- Knowledge of recognised Quality Tools and Techniques and exposure to recognised Quality Standards such as ISO9001
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Extensive experience within manufacturing / construction industry
- Competitive Salary – Up to £35k DOE
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Job Security at a large company
- Competitive Holiday Days
- Great working environment
- Early finish on a Friday
- Great career prospects
This vacancy is commutable from Derby, Uttoxeter, Lichfield, Tamworth and other surrounding areas.
Interviews are available immediately for successful candidates
Please feel free to have a confidential chat on the details below. What are you waiting for?
Probe Technical Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Fitter for a company within the Heavy Engineering Industry that are unique. Along with a competitive salary, the company operate a day shift with working hours 7am – 3.30pm.
Duties of a Maintenance Fitter:
Please look at the information below regarding the role, duties will include but not limited to:
- The diagnosis, location and rectification of all mechanical faults on site, including pneumatic, hydraulic systems
- Responding to emergency situations in a timely and effective manner
- Plan out work and display initiative and common sense
- Adhere to current Safe Systems of Work, lock off and permit to work procedures
- Carry out all tasks in accordance with company Quality systems, hygiene standards and safe working practices
Requirements of a Maintenance Fitter:
- The company will require you to have an NVQ / City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering or Apprentice trained.
They will also look at talking too Maintenance Engineers or Mechanical Fitters for this role.
The role for a Maintenance Fitter is commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Mansfield and Chesterfield.
Probe Technical Recruitment are seeking to recruit a proven Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join our plant Maintenance and Production team to support our operation within the Midlands region. We are a leading manufacturer and have an excellent reputation for product quality and continuous improvement. As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, you will be required to undertake planned and reactive maintenance tasks throughout our facility and improve and maintain plant reliability.
Some duties may include but not limited to:
- Logical approach to fault finding and diagnostics on wide range of plant and machinery
- Optimising production efficiency, pro-actively rectifying issues with anticipation of improvements required
- Documenting all work and activities as per company requirements.
- Installation, modification, and refurbishment of equipment, machinery and facilities
- You must hold a time served engineering apprenticeship and hold equivalent of an ONC/City Guilds 3 in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience of working in a precision engineering (CNC) manufacturing environment is beneficial and equal abilities with Hydraulics, Pneumatics and Mechanical process.
- Salary - £32,000
- Plenty of scope for Overtime
- Plus Annual Leave
- Double day shift pattern
This role is commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Loughborough and Ashby-de-la-Zouch.
We would also be keen to talk to Maintenance Electricians and Maintenance Technicians for this role.