9 Derbyshire Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
This consulting business is a well-established multi-disciplinary firm, with a diverse workload of schemes ranging from 1 million – 15 million. They have a requirement for an experienced infrastructure engineer.
They offer a varied and interesting workload. This is a client facing role, and consequently they require a candidate with excellent communication skills. The successful candidate would have proven experience, and a good grounding in a range of civil engineering work (drainage, highways etc), or deeper knowledge within one area and a desire to develop their skills across other disciplines.
- Managing and undertaking numerous residential, commercial and public sector related clients and projects. Liaison and co-operative working with team members, senior staff and colleagues in other disciplines.
- Writing of Flood Risk Assessment reports, Transport Assessments and other technical reports for strategic development schemes.
- Development of surface water drainage strategy designs, Road design, S38, S104, S106 and S278 documentation.
- Prepare design models, drawings, calculations, technical documents, reports and correspondence.
- Assist Director with operation of the Civil team to meet the productivity and growth aspirations of the company.
- Submissions of designs for third party approvals which require pro-active communication with clients, authorities and other agencies to ensure projects are completed to deadlines and budgets.
- Working within all offices as and when required, working additional hours if necessary, to deliver all responsibilities and to attend meetings/events.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
(some of these responsibilities may not be relevant to you, dependent on experience level)
- Provide supervision, guidance, training and advice to junior engineers/technicians. Work closely with the Civil Director to develop business strategies to deliver the strategic goals of the company.
- Ensure all team members follow a continued professional development/programme of training to maintain the growth of the division. Achieve minimum of 5 days continuing professional development (CPD) per year.
- Compliance with Designer’s responsibilities under the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2007. Maintain valid CSCS Card.
- Undertaking junior staff PDR and performance reviews. Project management including client liaison, fee proposals, invoicing and managing team members.
- Business development and networking. Maintaining and growing existing client relationships, developing new opportunities and diversifying the range of commissions.
- Management of clients and projects, including regular communication, obtaining feedback on performance, agreeing fee proposals and timescales. Ensure team liaise fully with clients, other staff members and statutory bodies including Planning Authorities, Highway Authorities, Drainage Authorities, Environment Agency, etc to ensure efficient progress with commissions.
- Site visits for inspections or investigation work; attendance at meetings with team, clients and suppliers. Occasional requirement to attend events and meetings outside of normal office hours.
- Educated to a minimum standard of degree in a relevant subject.
- Ideally 4-5 years relevant experience, working knowledge of technical guidance, standards/regulations and good practice.
- Member of The Institution of Civil Engineers or other relevant professional body. Hold or working towards a recognised professional qualification.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, proficient in modelling software such as Micro Drainage, PDS or Civil 3d. Working knowledge of drainage design standards and good practice, including Sewers for Adoption, Wallingford Procedure, FEH, NHBC Standards, CIRIA 753 (SUDS Manual), NPPF, etc.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office, plus excellent written and verbal skills, particularly report writing and client liaison.
- Self-motivated individual with desire to not only work within the company but also have ambition to help it grow and develop. Mentoring/supervision of trainee staff to develop their knowledge and skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to present information in detail to Directors, senior management team and staff. Smart appearance in accordance with Company dress code policy.
- Hold full clean driving licence and have own private car with insurance for business use.
- Basic salary will be in the bracket of £32,000 - £42,000 dependent upon experience
- Payment of Professional Subscriptions
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas closure
- Company Pension (3% contribution)
Commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Burton Upon Trent, Loughborough, Lichfield
Probe Technical Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Electrician for a company within the Heavy Engineering Industry that are unique in what they do. Along with a competitive salary of £37,162, the company operate a continental shift with working hours 0625 to 1830 and 1825 to 0630 12 hours shifts worked on a rota.
Requirements of a Maintenance Electrician:
Fully apprentice-trained, with several years electrical experience, preferably gained in a heavy industrial environment. You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- An extensive knowledge on fault diagnosis and repair to industrial three phase electrical system, including motor starters, inverters, modern control systems and the installation and termination of armoured cables.
- Previous experience and the ability to identify faults on PLC controlled pneumatically and hydraulically operated machinery would be advantageous.
- A working knowledge of the current Wiring Regulations will be required
- Experience of Electrical Inspection and Testing (2391) would be advantageous
Benefits include defined contribution pension scheme, with up to 10% company contributions (if employee pays 5%), 25 days holiday plus statutory Bank holidays, 3 x salary death in service cover (if joining the DC pension scheme), Bonus schemes and Employee Assistance Programme
The role for a Maintenance Electrician is commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Mansfield and Chesterfield.
Our client is looking for a highly motivated individual with a professional telephone manner, effective questioning and listening skills, who can help customers in a positive and friendly manner. They are looking for you to provide excellent customer service, building trust and help people through the three phases of the decision-making process; enquiry, needs assessment and fitting.
In-depth training will give you all the product knowledge you need to excel in this role. They work with disabled and elderly people and want people who can demonstrate empathy and help people with proper recommendations and great service.
Key Responsibilities of a Sales Advisor:
- Take the time to talk to customers & build genuine rapport
- Identify customer needs quickly & professionally
- Research products and the company to present persuasively to customers
- Gain commitment for customers to book appointments for our Field Sales Managers
- Provide exceptional customer service
Person Specification for a Sales Advisor:
- Be able to demonstrate an excellent telephone manner
- A genuine passion for helping people
- Be confident using Microsoft Excel, Word, internet & email
- Work to agreed process & procedures to deliver daily KPI’s
- Consistency and a positive attitude to your working day
- Call centre, customer service or sales experience is an advantage but more importantly your attitude
- SAP experience would be beneficial, but is not essential
Salary for a Sales Advisor:
- £17,250, on target earnings of £22,500
Commutable from Derby, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Nottingham, Mansfield, Worksop, Newark
Reporting to the Group Head of Engineering, client is looking for the expertise of a proven Electrical Engineer.
Your base will be at clients Midland’s office, but you must be flexible as there will be worldwide travel involved.
This is an excellent, autonomous opportunity with a globally recognised market leader, who is at the forefront of their industry.
It is an exciting time for the business, resulting in a continued period of growth. They have great staff retention with the average years’ service being over 12 years, which is a testament to the type of company that they are.
- Electrical designs for system loading, electrical protection, cable sizing, voltage drops and suitability for conditions.
- Design of electrical and automated systems for crushing equipment, specification of process control requirements and components.
- Design and on-site analysis of Electrical loads, short circuit calculations and harmonics, production of engineering drawings including P&ID´s. Logic flow, single line etc. using AutoCAD.
- Product selection for systems equipment.
- Generation of electrical specifications, supervision of installation and commissioning of equipment, risk analysis for HAZOP requirements.
- Technical support to our satellite network, and other departments within the group.
- On site Supervision of electrical installation and commissioning of equipment, analysis, reporting and troubleshooting of electrical problems.
- The successful candidate will be motivated and have a depth of Electrical Engineering experience involving similar expertise to client requirements and working within a team.
- A particular knowledge and expertise in motors and their control systems would be advantageous, as is the knowledge of "state of the art" technologies in this field.
- A working knowledge of variable motors and speed drives and adapting to new technology is required.
- Experience from heavy engineering, tunneling, mining, quarrying or crushers would be highly advantageous.
Package and Benefits:
- Salary negotiable plus excellent bonus
- Opportunities for global travel
- 10% employer contributed pension, with 0% required from employee
- Private medical cover (currently with Bupa) on completion of the probationary period
- 33 days holiday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free flu jabs
- The possibility of joining a company with a great staff retention record - average years’ service being 12 years
Commutable from Derby, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Nottingham, Mansfield, Worksop
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
8am – 5pm Monday – Thursday and 8am – 4pm Friday
Up to £35K DOE + PENSION + COMPETITVE HOLIDAY DAYS + GREAT CAREER PROSPECTS
Are you an experienced Quality Assurance Manager with a qualification or background in Concrete Technology?
A large and growing company in the Burton Upon Trent area is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to join their team due to an expansion. They have just expanded their facility and are therefore looking to increase their team size to accommodate their larger output. With a high retention rate, this company is a very stable and secure job.
- Lead, manage and co-ordinate the continuous improvement programme within the Company to meet the business goals and objectives
- To test, record, report and analyse quality issues
- Work in conjunction with the Production, Technical and Sales teams on quality issues to reduce customer complaints
- Provide appropriate support to the Operations Director and Technical Director
- Collation of test data and completion of the quality action report
- The Quality Assurance Manager must have a qualification in concrete technology
- Knowledge of concrete technology
- Knowledge of recognised Quality Tools and Techniques and exposure to recognised Quality Standards such as ISO9001
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Extensive experience within manufacturing / construction industry
- Competitive Salary – Up to £35k DOE
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Job Security at a large company
- Competitive Holiday Days
- Great working environment
- Early finish on a Friday
- Great career prospects
This vacancy is commutable from Derby, Uttoxeter, Lichfield, Tamworth and other surrounding areas.
Interviews are available immediately for successful candidates
Please feel free to have a confidential chat on the details below. What are you waiting for?
Probe Technical Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Fitter for a company within the Heavy Engineering Industry that are unique. Along with a competitive salary, the company operate a day shift with working hours 7am – 3.30pm.
Duties of a Maintenance Fitter:
Please look at the information below regarding the role, duties will include but not limited to:
- The diagnosis, location and rectification of all mechanical faults on site, including pneumatic, hydraulic systems
- Responding to emergency situations in a timely and effective manner
- Plan out work and display initiative and common sense
- Adhere to current Safe Systems of Work, lock off and permit to work procedures
- Carry out all tasks in accordance with company Quality systems, hygiene standards and safe working practices
Requirements of a Maintenance Fitter:
- The company will require you to have an NVQ / City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering or Apprentice trained.
They will also look at talking too Maintenance Engineers or Mechanical Fitters for this role.
The role for a Maintenance Fitter is commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Mansfield and Chesterfield.
Probe Technical Recruitment are looking to recruit a Maintenance Electrician who can install, maintain and repair a wide range of production equipment that includes injection moulding/ blow moulding machines, CNC millers/engravers, and filling / packaging machinery. You will need to have a relevant qualification in Electrical Testing and/or Electrical Installations.
Duties for the Maintenance Electrician include but not limited to:
- The safe installation, repair, and continuous improvement of all production equipment to ensure all production equipment is delivering world class quality and output.
- Supporting the production engineer’s so they can deliver planned preventive maintenance at a high standard to schedule to enable production cells to deliver expected output and quality.
- Providing mentorship and support for the production maintenance engineers and other members of the production engineering team helping guide them to deliver a quality and safe service to production.
In return the company run a double day shift, and offer from the first day of employment:
- 25 days holiday a year & 8 Bank Holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Up to 50% staff discount on our products
Benefits that accrue with service:
- Company Pension Scheme - automatic enrolment at 4.5% (minimum) up to 7.5% (maximum) company matching scheme.
- Share Save scheme – (minimum of 3 months of employment before September)
- Eligibility for profit share bonus (subject to company meeting required profit targets)
This role is commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Loughborough and Mansfield.
We would be interested in talking to Maintenance Engineers, and Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineers.
Probe Technical Recruitment are seeking to recruit a proven Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join our plant Maintenance and Production team to support our operation within the Midlands region. We are a leading manufacturer and have an excellent reputation for product quality and continuous improvement. As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, you will be required to undertake planned and reactive maintenance tasks throughout our facility and improve and maintain plant reliability.
Some duties may include but not limited to:
- Logical approach to fault finding and diagnostics on wide range of plant and machinery
- Optimising production efficiency, pro-actively rectifying issues with anticipation of improvements required
- Documenting all work and activities as per company requirements.
- Installation, modification, and refurbishment of equipment, machinery and facilities
- You must hold a time served engineering apprenticeship and hold equivalent of an ONC/City Guilds 3 in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience of working in a precision engineering (CNC) manufacturing environment is beneficial and equal abilities with Hydraulics, Pneumatics and Mechanical process.
- Salary - £32,000
- Plenty of scope for Overtime
- Plus Annual Leave
- Double day shift pattern
This role is commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Loughborough and Ashby-de-la-Zouch.
We would also be keen to talk to Maintenance Electricians and Maintenance Technicians for this role.
We are seeking to recruit a proven Service Engineer to join our customer service support team across the UK and EIRE (nights away will be required in the week).
As a Service Engineer you will be required to report to the Service Manager installing a range of machines and bar feeds along with breakdown repairs and machine maintenance.
Duties may include:
- Pre-Delivery Inspection
- Customer Telephone Support
- Breakdown Repairs
- Machine Maintenance & Servicing
- You must be qualified Mechanically or Electrically i.e. NVQ / Apprenticeship / City & Guilds and have previous experience as a Field Service Engineer or Service Engineer.
- You must have experience working on multi axis CNC lathes and Fanuc control systems are very much desirable.
- You must also be experience with diagnostic fault finding and be able to work with basic pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- If you have had experience with sliding head this would be great however it is not essential as training will be provided.
Benefits include a salary which is negotiable dependant on your experience and ranges from £25,000-£35,000
Annual leave of 25 days
Life Assurance 3x Salary
Private Health Care for you and dependants
Excellent Bonus Quarterly (in your contract paid each quarter).
This role is commutable from anywhere in the UK, however head office is commutable from Chesterfield, Nottingham, Derby, Burton upon Trent and Stoke on Trent.