Our dedicated Controls and Automation Division provides a bespoke, consultative service to candidates and clients across multiple industry sectors including: Food, Power and Utilities, Pharmaceutical, Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Chemical, Automotive and Aerospace. Our Experience within this sector also allows us to provide professional advice and information on market trends and current rates.
We work with experienced Control Systems Engineers who have delivered Engineering solutions on various projects from concept to detailed hardware and software design through to testing and on site commissioning and validation.
2 Jobs Found
JUNIOR CONTROLS ENGINEER
This is an excellent opportunity for a Junior Controls Engineer, to work with a leading manufacturing of advanced process technology company, who have a rich, well-established background. They have sites here in the UK and overseas
The company's strength lies in its process expertise, engineering excellence and the ability to fully support customers worldwide. The service is complete - from design through installation and commissioning to lifetime support.
Junior Controls Engineer Pay, Hours and Benefits
- £30,000, salary is negotiable
- Monday to Thursday, 8:30am – 4:45pm, with an early Finish on Friday’s
- 30 days holiday (inc statutory) plus an additional three days at Christmas
- Life Assurance
- Healthy Pension
- Company and Private Healthcare Scheme
Commutable From: Corby, Wisbech, Spalding, Stamford, Peterborough
Junior Controls Engineer Role Summary
To design, test and where necessary, commission, electrical control systems for client’s machinery, meeting contractual/customer requirements within time and budget restraints
- You will ideally be qualified to Engineering degree level, or BTEC Higher Certificate in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- The Junior Controls Engineer will be a motivated individual with the ability to work alone but still be part of a team.
- Experience of installing and commissioning process equipment and a knowledge of programming and fault-finding on PLC systems is desirable, although on-site training will be provided.
- Ability to develop and produce software to functional specifications.
- Knowledge of existing product range could be an advantage.
- Travel capability: Able to work away from home base for extended periods of time, within the UK and overseas.
Junior Controls Engineer Key Responsibilities
- You will develop and produce PLC and HMI software for a variety of platforms with minimal assistance.
- Design, specify and issue electrical hardware parts lists and control panels according to contract specifications.
- Specify technical requirements for bought out equipment.
- You will produce machine test specifications.
- Test equipment in assembly shop and on customer sites as required.
- Provide technical and commissioning support to Installation & Commissioning / Customer Services in the office and on site.
- Help research and develop new products when required.
- Assist with preparation of proposals and quotes.
- Provide briefings of existing specifications and latest developments of equipment to sales, commercial, manufacturing, customer services and installation & commissioning departments when required.
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Control & Automation Recruitment Support since 1994
We are one of the most respected employers regionally in our NON-Automotive Sector and produce a wide range of bespoke products for a host of sectors.
We are seeking to recruit a proven Controls Engineer to join our Control & Automation project team.
Working within a team of like-minded professionals, you will be required to resolve issues and make improvements to our processes that heavily rely on automation.
You must be qualified to a minimum of an HNC level in an Electrical or Control Engineering discipline and have proven control systems experience with Siemens S7 / Tia Portal Plc, PCS WinCC Flex, HMI and exposure to SCL language.
Have a background as an Electrical Engineer, where you supported plant related projects that heavily rely on Siemens technology. to a minimum of a Programme Modification level and are keen to develop into a control engineer.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Maintenance, Reliability & Service Recruitment Support since 1994