Reporting to the Piling Manager, the Piling Supervisor will manage contracts efficiently, profitably, and safely ensuring compliance with all statutory obligations.
Piling Supervisor Key Interfaces in this role: Piling Operatives & Foreman and Pile Testing
Hours and Benefits
- £35,000 - £37,500
- 41.5 hours per week
- 33 days holiday, plus Christmas shutdown
- Company car / car allowance
- 6% employer pension
- Life assurance
Commutable From: Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, Trowbridge, Frome, Swindon,
Piling Supervisor Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Produce, monitor and maintain all piling files and enquiries, including archiving (hard copies and electronic) to comply with Company’s QA system
- Obtain briefing from Piling Manager and carryout site visits to assess and manage works for the Piling operation
- Advise the Piling Manager of variations in requirements of site conditions which may affect the tendered works, for example start dates
- Inform the Piling Manager of any specific requirements prior to the placement of order requests. Advise and agree on extras with the Client and Manager
- On a weekly basis carry out compliance checks on ongoing works, toolbox talks and site safety inspections. Where possible visit site on day one of the project to assess early driving conditions
- Liaise daily with Operators on rig performance, daily rig figures and material deliveries to enable accurate monitoring of work in progress for submission to the departmental Quantity Surveyor
- On completion of works ensure works meet specification, agree all variations and customer satisfaction
Piling Supervisor Candidate Specification
- The Piling Supervisor will have previous experience of managing piling contracts
- Flexibility with nationwide travel
- Experience of carrying out pre-start meetings with clients and completing all QA documentation
- Assist in organising mobilisation of the Company’s plant and materials to site
- You will have experience of maintaining working relationships with client’s representatives and dealing with administrative matters arising during the contract period
- Procurement of site paperwork including preparation of foreman’s pack, CDM pack and site-specific RAM’s and advise the office of materials to be cleared, close out work in progress and base CVR figures
- Collection and collating of site production figures, reporting to area office on a weekly basis
Technical Support Technician – AutoCAD
We are working with an organisation that provides technology and state-of-the-art products to the Building Services industry, who are now seeing a fast return to pre-pandemic levels of orders and business for their products from their European customer base.
Supporting the Technical Estimating and Technical Sales Teams a Technical Support Technician is required to assist in the design scope out and planning for the quote phases of new projects and support all document and CAD related requirements that will ensure the correct installation of products on to a customer’s site.
Technical Support Technician salary package
- £24,000 - £25,000
- 34 Days Holidays (Inc Bank Holidays)
- Flexible Working including Remote Working
The role will be 2D CAD centric with the ability to detail drawings for specific project installations, carry out and configure size and area dimensions and get directly involve in collating relevant information and test solutions documentation.
- Producing Sales Quotes for customers from information provided by the internal Estimating and Technical Sales teams.
- Support the quote and planning phases of projects by dealing with and answering customers queries, via telephone and email.
- Support the estimating and sales teams with the rollout of new project initiatives to partners and customers.
- All CAD work will be carried out in 2D.
Requirements for a Technical Support Technician
- A formal qualification in a Civil or Engineering subject.
- Have a good proven working knowledge of Design and CAD (AutoCAD)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Minimum of 2-year experience of working in a Technical Support or Estimating type of role.
- Excellent Administration skills (IT / MS Office)
- A good understanding of the Building Services industry sectors)
Commutable from: Birmingham, Tamworth, Derby, Lichfield, Leicester, Burton, Coventry, Stone
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Design, R&D & Projects Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994
CONSTRUCTION QUANTITY SURVEYOR
This is a permanent work from home role, although you will need to travel to meet clients on-site.
The Quantity Surveyor You will be required to work on projects throughout the UK; across all sectors of the Construction industry. You will be expected to work autonomously, with a great deal of responsibility being handed over from the Commercial Director. This role needs to have a strong interface with the Estimating and Finance functions of the business.
Salary, Hours and Benefits
- £35,000 - £40,000
- Car allowance
- Minimum 40 hrs per week as dictated to meet the needs of the business
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
Desired Skills, Experience and Qualifications (but not limited to)
- Proven record of success as an accomplished Quantity Surveyor within the Civil Engineering or Construction sector. Experience of working within a specialist sub-contracting organisation and/or the piling or geotechnical engineering sector would be desirable but not mandatory
- Whilst specific formal commercial qualifications are not essential, they are highly desirable, ideally with a degree in Quantity Surveying, with in depth understanding of construction processes – ideally combined with knowledge of geotechnical activities
- The pressure and fixed nature of deadlines for various commercial activities means some late nights may be needed. Overnight stays are rare, but you will need to travel to meet clients on site
- Working knowledge of basic plant, equipment and materials. Experience of working for both parties of a contract, i.e. Main Contractor and Sub Contractor
- The Quantity Surveyor will have good working knowledge of various forms of Conditions of Contract, particularly the NEC and JCT suites
- Strong commercial awareness with excellent numeracy skills. Strong negotiator with the ability to articulate themselves extremely well in both written and verbal communications
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of relevant software, strong organisational skills, experience with project costing software and the ability to work flexibly and make decisions quickly
Quantity Surveyor Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Reviewing and agreeing Sub-Contract conditions with a wide variety of clients seeking to use various forms of contract, although mainly NEC and JCT
- Monitoring and reporting of costs and revenue to determine the financial outcome and profitability of individual contracts
- Carrying out and monitoring the applications for payments, following up and resolving late or disputed monies due
- Ongoing and post contract administration. Carrying out checks on the creditworthiness of clients and where necessary, securing additional credit insurance and/or agreeing a suitable payment process
- Liaising with both the Estimating and Contracts teams to ensure that the company’s objectives are met and where necessary, report risk to the Commercial Director
- Monitor projects performance and visit sites on a regular basis and where necessary report risk to the Commercial Director
- Assist with ensuring that all stakeholders understand and adhere to contractual obligations, ensuring that the financial aspects, risk and potential impact of a contract are clear to all parties and the training of other Quantity Surveyors as necessary
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Technical Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994
As Contracts Manager you will report to the Operations Manager regarding all respective projects and team performance. You will be required to ensure all relevant paperwork is completed for all projects. You will then work with the HSEQ Manager and other Piling Contracts Managers to ensure the successful delivery of projects and complete satisfaction of clients.
You will manage the site teams and ensure project work deadlines are met. Ensure that work performance and issues are reviewed, with a vow of constantly striving to improve your team’s efficiency.
This position would suit both a well experienced candidate, and even a Graduate with relevant work experience.
Salary, Hours and Benefits
- £35,000 - £48,000, dependant on level and experience
- 40 hours per week, 8:30am – 5:00pm (due to the nature of the role, extra hours will likely be required)
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
Desired Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Demonstrable Contracts Manager experience
- Construction Degree/Qualification (Preferable)
- Sound construction knowledge and experience to include steel piling
- Knowledge and understanding of various standard construction contracts
- Passport to Safety
- Appointed person for lifting operations
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Conduct project file briefing prior to commencement of work to Works supervisor and conduct Prestart meetings. Upon completion of handover from the applicable estimator, undertake all necessary actions/arrangements for the delivery of the project.
- The Contracts Manager will liaise with Clients as required and at close of project obtain Client’s feedback – from this, implement any action needed. When needed visit site and complete Site Visit Form along with relevant photos.
- Issue HSEQ Manager with instructions to create a Site Folder for each project. These instructions have to include the following: Equipment to be used, Staffing levels and rolls, Location of project, Project plans, Site Visit Form and Commercial file. Ensure lift plans are completed and added to Site File along with supporting documentation.
- Work with the Operations Manager to ensure the development of policies and procedures that clearly reflect and support the undertaking of the Contracts department and work closely and efficiently with other Contracts Managers ensuring smooth project delivery. Ensure the Works Supervisor is aware of the requirements regarding project paperwork and the client’s needs
- Ensure that the Works Team have all been fully briefed on the project file and expectations by the Works Supervisor. Working with the Works Supervisor ensure all staff have and use the appropriate PPE.
- Ensure all staff are aware of their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act and ensure all activities are undertaken correctly and safely. Conduct site inspections, audits and Toolbox Talks.
- Contracts Manager will liaise with Yard Manager and Transport Manager for the successful delivery to site of necessary machinery and equipment. Provide regular reports and feedback to Operations Manager regarding project progress, delivery requirements, project issues and conduct of your team
Due to continued expansion we are seeking to recruit a Maintenance Planner to join our established engineering business.
Duties of a Maintenance Planner
- You will be required to support the maintenance team in providing technical support and plant related project planning, whilst also championing the use of preventative maintenance strategies.
- Plan and co-ordinate all maintenance activities ensuring adequate resources are available
- Liaise with the Senior Maintenance Team Members for equipment availability
- Appoint and manage onsite contractors
- Be the key point of contact for issuing Permits to Work
- Manage and update the CMMS system
- Ensure Risk Assessments/Method Statements are complete
- Manage maintenance contracts and site inspection plans
- Provide maintenance records for Quality audits
- Produce and review weekly and monthly planning figures and present results
- Support maintenance team with other activities such as arranging plant specific training
- Order and manage critical engineering stores
Requirements of a Maintenance Planner:
- To succeed in the role you must hold either Electrical or Mechanical Engineering qualifications to either a City & Guilds or NVQ level 3 and must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 2-3 years' experience of maintenance planning within a manufacturing, production or process environment.
- You must also be able to demonstrate significant experience administering a CMMS system, be IT literate and confident working with Engineering and Production staff.
Maintenance Planner Benefits:
- £30,000 - £35,000
- Company Pension
- GENUINE Career Development which will lead into Engineering Management.
This Maintenance Planner role is commutable from Bradford on Avon, Devizes, Frome & Melksham
If you have hesitated about moving over the past few months, this is a great opportunity to join an organisation that won’t be affected by any potential fallout from the current economic climate and would see you being classified as an Essential / Key Worker.
A manufacturing company in the Oxfordshire area, now have a requirement due to expansion and increased productivity for an experienced CMM Programmer. This exciting opportunity is working within a busy, Precision Engineering manufacturing organisation that manufacture precision components for a number of industries including Aerospace.
CMM programmer Benefits:
- £35,000 - £40,000
- 23 Days Holiday, increasing with service + Bank holidays
- Days based role working Monday – Friday 39 hrs p week.
- Life Assurance and Death in Service
CMM Programmer Duties:
- This is an integral role where you will lead and implement the transfer of current software to PC-Dmis
- You will primarily create and modify CMM programmes on PC-Dmis
- The role is also heavily involved with hand-held Quality inspection.
- Carry out Product Audits to schedule
- Provide support to manufacturing areas to ensure CMM equipment is fully operational, and manufacturing are able to conform to the Control Plan
- Carry out measurement analysis work for various departments as and when required
Requirements for CMM Programmer:
- Experience of work experience in programming CMM programmes
- Good Knowledge of PC-DMIS
- Good knowledge of measurement principals including GD+T
- Ability to read technical drawings
- I would be keen to hear from applicants who have experience within CNC machine shop environments in a precision engineering environment.
The CMM PROGRAMMER role is commutable from Newbury, Wantage, Abingdon, Oxford, Aylesbury, Bicester, Banbury, Swindon, Thame, High Wycombe, Marlow, Maidenhead
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Support since 1994
We are a well-respected employer within the manufacturing sector and are seeking to recruit proven Multi Skilled Maintenance Technicians, to join our established maintenance team.
- Paid Overtime at Premium Rates
- Enhanced Sick Pay Scheme
- Company Pension
- Stable Working Environment as we are a Key Worker Specific Sector.
Duties of a Maintenance Technician
- As a proven Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer you will be required to undertake both planned and reactive maintenance across our plant, which will require you to have experience of supporting plant and equipment within either a fast paced manufacturing, process or production environment.
Requirements of a Maintenance Technician
- Ideally you will be apprentice trained but must be qualified either Electrically or Mechanically and have some understanding of Plc Controls but must be multi skilled in your abilities. Having gained your Maintenance experience from supporting plant and equipment within a fast paced manufacturing, process or production environment.
This is a great opportunity to move your career into a stable market sector, where you will not only gain an incredible benefits package and ongoing training and development, but also be secure in the knowledge that you will be in a stable working environment and classified as an Essential Key Worker .
The Maintenance Technician role is commutable from: Frome, Melksham, Market Lavington, Warminster, Westbury, Bath, Salisbury
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Maintenance, Reliability & Service Recruitment Support since 1994