The UK Logistics sector is worth £55 billion to the economy. It currently employs approx 1.7 million people spanning some 65,000 companies. Not surprisingly the application of effective purchasing & logistical solutions within supply chain management has become a very high profile area within many of these successful organisations and is now being recognised as a key management function. Our Recruitment Consultants specialise in this field and have first hand experience and an in-depth knowledge.
Within the division we recruit across a diverse range of industries from Manufacturing to Retail to Warehousing and Distribution and provide the full spectrum of recruitment solutions from interim appointments, search & selection, head hunts through to permanent staffing.
We would be more than happy to discuss your requirements in greater depth to determine how our services can assist you in finding the right staffing solution for your organisation. Please call us on 0121 321 4311
3 Jobs Found
BUYER AND STORES CONTROLLER
£33,000 - £35,000 + Excellent Pension + Outstanding Prospects
A well-known, and highly respected organisation, based in the Birmingham area, with multiple site facilities, have a requirement for a Buyer and Stores Controller.
You will be leading the local purchasing department in identifying cost savings.
As a Company, they are very ethical and supportive, you will be given plenty of opportunities to develop further and you will enjoy a long and fruitful career.
- Lead the local purchasing department, identifying cost savings
- Management of inventories spare parts
- Utilising SAP MRP
- Supervision of Purchasing Assistant and stores staff
- You will be the site SAP Superuser
- Management of central stores
- Ensure a high level of stock accuracy
- Manage the Creation of material master data in SAP for spare parts
- Source non-stock engineering parts
- Implement cost reduction strategies
- Development of key suppliers
- Membership of CIPS, Level 3 or above
- Significant experience within a purchasing role
- It would be beneficial for you to have supervisory experience, though this is not essential
- Strong SAP experience
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Receptive to further training and development
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a World Class Manufacturing Company, who continue to adapt and grow.
HIGH VOLUME PRODUCTION
£25,000 + PENSION + SECOND TO NONE PROSPECTS! + BRAND NEW FACIILTY + OTHER BENEFITS
A dynamic organisation, about to move to a brand new purpose build facility in the summer, have an urgent requirement for a Purchasing Specialist. They look after some of the biggest and best-loved brands in the world, and they want YOU to join their journey, to become the world’s Number 1 market leader for their particular brands.
This will be a challenging yet highly rewarding role, where you will be given the responsibility for supporting the Procurement Team, on strategic categories.
- Evaluation of Suppliers
- Monitor and manage supplier relationships
- Working with other departments to source components within budget and constraints
- Management of prices through SAP
- Create and send RFQ to suppliers
- Coordinate receipt of supplier responses in order to meet deadlines
- AMBITION! DRIVEN AND HIGHLY SELF MOTIVATED!
- Buying / purchasing experience, ideally from a fast paced environment
- Strong influential and negotiation skills
- Commercially astute
- To have the ability to build relationships
- Outstanding communicator
- SRM, SAP and Ariba (e-tendering platform) would be beneficial, but not essential
This is an exceptional opportunity; you would be given a rare chance to join a busy, World renowned, highly respected Company, where your ambitions will be met, indeed exceeded. You will be seen as their future.
Send your CV ASAP
Keywords;- Purchasing Specialist, Buyer, Junior Buyer, SAP, FMCG, Purchaser, Procurement
DEMAND AND SUPPLY PLANNER
£40,000 (neg) + Pension + Medical Insurance
LOGISTICS AND WAREHOUSE
New Year, new start?
We have just the job for you!
A multi-site, World Class International organisation have a requirement for a Demand and Supply Planner. Recent improvements in the structure of this site, have produced the need for a Demand Supply Planner, to manage planning of products from forecasting through to meeting customer demand.
They own house hold brands that most people are familiar with.
- Mange planning of products from forecasting through to in warehouse to meet customer demand in a demand led supply chain
- Calculate accurate volume and value forecast based on sales history and market knowledge
- Optimise production planning
- Management of inventories
- Calculate volume forecasts using appropriate forecasting methods for each brand / product
- Regular meetings with Brand Managers
- Forecasts to be calculated for following horizons, rolling three months, full calendar year and rolling 20 months
- Critically Review forecasts
- Challenge / influence promotional information from National Account Managers
- Calculate forecasts for new products and re-launched products
- Identify low stock and calculate reservations
- Plan launches and re-launches
- Minimise obsolete stock
- Liaise between Sales, Marketing, Logistics and Supply Chain
- It is essential that you have Demand planning experience
- You will have gained your experience from within a high volume production environment
- A strong commercial awareness
- An awareness of cultural differences
- Supply chain experience
- A real “can do” approach, a high energy level
- A common sense approach
- This would suit someone who enjoys working with numbers
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a unique modern working environment, where your long-term prospects would be assured. This is a chance to truly make an impact