Our Projects and Programme Engineering Division has been set up to supply the growing trend in many engineering sectors to recruit project staff to support external or internal customers orders.
This Division covers all areas from the initial enquires through to design and concept, production, quality and test, through to final delivery or installation. We cover a range of industry such as Automotive, Aerospace, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Consumer Goods, Electronic & Electrical Appliances, Special Purpose Machinery, Marine, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Off Highway/Quarry, Chemical and the Water Industry.
Whatever the size of the company we can offer expert support in finding relevant skilled project engineers to ensure projects and programmes run smoothly and meet required deadlines.
If you would like a confidential discussion surrounding strategic hiring for your organisation or your own career path we would be delighted to hear from you to determine how our services can assist you in finding the right solution so please call us on 0121 321 4311
17 Jobs Found
As a Maintenance Fitter you will be joining a leading manufacturer in the building materials Industry. You will be joining an existing Engineering team to undertake breakdown and preventative maintenance in this modern production facility which is commutable from Kidderminster, Redditch, and Worcester.
The Maintenance Fitter role will be responsible for maintaining and improving all aspects of the equipment and plant on site in a modern fast paced heavy manufacturing environment at a major manufacturing site. Working in a team you will be covering 3 x shifts per week, on Permanent Nights 5.30pm - 5.30am.
As a Maintenance Fitter you will need to hold a recognised Mechanical Engineering Qualification to a minimum of NVQ level 3 and will be Apprentice trained. I would be keen to hear from Engineers and Fitters who have previous experience within a Maintenance or Mechanical Fitter/Engineer role and have maintained machinery in a factory environment. You will also ideally have fault finding abilities on hydraulics and pneumatics.
The salary offered is £40,000 (including shift allowance) and is paid weekly. You will work a 34.5 hr week over 3 shifts per week.
Position: Maintenance Engineer
Shift: Continentals (2 days/ 2 nights)
Benefits: Death in service, enrolment into a medical scheme, double employee’s contribution up to 12%.
Location: NG31 8NG
Probe Technical Recruitment is recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join a company within the FMCG industry. You will be part of a multi-disciplined team to carry out first line maintenance tasks and improvements on equipment throughout the factory efficiently and effectively to enable maintenance targets to be met. Not only do the company offer a 2 day/2-night shift pattern, but they also offer free site parking and double employees’ pension contribution up to 12% and offer a medical scheme to enrol on.
There is a successful team on site with over 40 Engineers, who are always expanding. This role offers opportunity for career progression and a great training programme when you start. Some of the duties are as follows:
- To complete designated tasks efficiently to the highest standard
- Consider cost implications when carrying out designated tasks to minimise wasted time, materials and costs
- Be observant always when in the plant and investigate any deficiencies observed or reported to you; raise work orders for those that cannot be auctioned immediately and feedback on those that can
- Work safely both on your own and as part of a team, with regard for your duty of care to yourself and to others who may be affected by your work and always adhere to company policies and procedures
- Work closely with the Maintenance Planner/Shift Engineering Manager to ensure the smooth execution of both day-to-day maintenance tasks and shutdown work
- Ensure the upkeep and reliability of all plant and equipment in your designated area by feeding back requirements to the Planner/SEM
To be successful in your role you will ideally need experience in working within a Maintenance Department especially a food manufacturing environment would be beneficial. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of City & Guilds Part 2 or equivalent in relevant subject either Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and Knowledge of Kaizen – Lean Manufacturing.
My client is seeking a highly motivated person to join their delivery team as Contracts Manager, who will have total authority over all projects.
The successful candidate will have a proven Contracts Management background, within steelwork / structural steelwork.
You would be joining a dedicated support team with a great opportunity to grow into the role with an option to become a company director, should all go well.
Key Responsibilities and Key Skills Required:
- The Contracts Manager will be working and reporting to the General Manager and would have the responsibility for preparing all overseeing all aspects of project delivery, contract correspondence, RAMS, lifting plans etc. Along with this there is a support team of estimators, site supervisors and an office admin staff who are responsible for organising transport and deliveries for sites along with raising and administrating all necessary paperwork.
- Regarding site supervisors they would report to yourself and you would as required disseminate their work load to them.
- Currently the business works mainly within the West Midlands conurbation on occasion they may have sites which require a few hours travel from the office, but they are the exception to the rule rather than the norm.
- The position of Contracts Manager demands a highly motivated experienced manager to work with the current operational team being able to manage 4 - 5 on site projects at any one time and potentially overall ten projects in various states of commencement or completion. Project values can range from £20k up to £750k and can be multiple site teams.
- Management of sites will be key along with client management, working autonomously, managing your own workload & keeping up-to-date with weekly production meetings. All projects are working with blue chip main contractors on Schools, Hospitals & Industrial projects.
- Relevant site qualifications of Contracts Manager will need to include CSCS, SMSTS, appointed persons – if required MEL can provide all necessary training.
Package and Hours:
Part of the financial package would be a suitable vehicle, computer, tablet and mobile phone.
Contracts Manager salary reviews take place at the end of January each year.
Holidays are 35 days per year with only statutory day and bank holidays set leaving around 22 floating days.
Working hours would be subject to the items outlined above but normally Monday -Thursday 9am -5pm Friday 8.00am - 4.00pm however you would obviously be working the required hours to suit your workload within reason, should you have to work on a weekend that would be classed as overtime, but this is extremely rare.
We are seeking to recruit a proven Controls Engineer to support our multi skilled maintenance team.
This role is commutable from Alcester, Bromsgrove, Evesham, Redditch, Studley & Worcester.
Working straight days (Mon – Fri) within a team of likeminded professionals, you will be required to support on-site technicians, resolving control & automation issues and make improvements to production processes, that heavily rely on automation.
You must have proven control systems experience with Siemens S7 Plc, HMI and ideally exposure to either CNC controls or Robot applications.
Allied to your systems experience you must also have experience of planning control related projects within manufacturing or production environments.
Structural Engineering Consultant
We are working with a structural engineering Consultancy, who advise and support the Civil and Architectural industry sectors with the latest technology and materials used in producing high performance steel.
Project design, feasibility and calculation advice of the capabilities’ and benefits of newly developed materials is becoming a major part of companies group sales growth plan across Europe and the need for additional
Consultants to join the team has become paramount to maintain this growth.
The position will be based within a research and academic environment and will either support customers projects on or off-site at key phases, but most of the average working week will be based in Coventry.
The projects will vary in technical demands, costs and size, so each week will offer different challenges and requirements.
Based within a small team the role will often operate as a sole support or part of a small team and decisions and project management will often be down to the individual to decide on.
Requirements of a Structural Engineering Consultant:
- A suitable candidate will be an experienced Civil Engineer with 8 – 10 years in Structural Engineering, who is ideally Chartered or about to become Chartered. A strong background in design and stress calculation from software or hand calcs should also be very evident in an applicants recent career history.
- A very strong understanding of Construction and Architectural Design is essential, along with the experience to understand the gateways within a design project.
The position will require some international travel to mainly Europe and the ability to communicate and present with different levels of management, engineers, and procurement and sales / marketing departments in different countries.
The primary purpose of the role is to offer direct technical support and advice that will lead to higher sales orders and better satisfied customers, so a perfect fit for this role would be an engineer with a commercial awareness, but this is not a Sales position.
Qualifications of a Structural Engineering Consultant:
- A formal qualification in Civil / Structural Engineer - Degree / HND
- CEng Status 12 months+
- A good understanding of Structural Design Methods and Software
- A good understanding of FEA, both Software and Hand Cals
- Good Project Management skills
- Experience of the Construction and Architectural Industry sectors
- Excellent presentation skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Mid-level Engineer who is looking to get a step up into Consultancy.
The position is open to all EU Nationals who are happy to live and working in the UK Midlands area.
Position: PDI Technician
Shift: Days 8-4
Benefits: Overtime, Pension, Holiday
Location: NG33 5PU
Probe Technical recruitment is recruiting for a Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) Technician in centre of South Witham. You will have to perform inspections of the machinery before the machines are shipped to their customers. Secondly the PDI centre customises machines to customers’ request. This customization includes adding basic options to the machines. You would be working within a team of 12 on the site.
The Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI) Technician is responsible for the daily routine PDI tasks given by the Site Manager. Maintain and inspect the allocated tools needed to support each task to ensure safety. General maintenance of work area, ensuring it is tidy and clean. Any other tasks allocated to ensure safe and efficient running of the working areas.
Duties and responsibility for PDI Technician:
- Carry out a robust PDI and EPDI-inspection on all machines using an IT based process from start to finish prior to customer accepting delivery according to high quality standards.
- Thorough examination and certification – Perform mandatory inspections on AWP machinery to LOLER standard.
- Willingness to performs other site/warehousing duties (loading/unloading of delivery vehicles) as assigned.
- Assist the business by contributing reliable, on-time performance on a daily basis.
- To adhere to safety working practices and ensure that they are followed at all times.
- Demonstrate the ability to work within a team environment.
- Ensure compliance and procedures and remain compliant with all local laws and requirements.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with fellow Team Members
- Inform appropriate TM of any defective or unsafe equipment
Skills and experience for PDI Technician:
- Semi-skilled with technical ability (understanding of Lean manufacturing principles is a plus).
- Hydraulic experience is an advantage
- Associated mechanical/technical engineering background.
- Ability and willingness to undergo in-house training on all products.
- Flexible, with strong teamwork orientation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Capability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team.
- Disciplined and flexible
- Cultural awareness to secure smooth cooperation and communication with team members
- Must be able to work at heights
- Strong orientation toward quality, safety and continuous improvement.
This is a great opportunity for an individual that wants to grow within a company and move in to the external sales team (repairing platforms at customer sites) or other parts of the organisation.
As a Maintenance Electrician you will be joining a large Maintenance Engineering Team at a leading Manufacturing company based just outside of Kidderminster. You will be undertaking breakdown and preventative maintenance on plant machinery in this fast paced production facility.
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified Maintenance Electrician who is looking to join a company where they can further develop their skills. In this role you will be responsible for maintaining and improving all aspects of the equipment and plant on site in a modern fast paced heavy manufacturing environment at a major manufacturing site. Working in a team you will be covering a Continental shift pattern of alternating Days and Nights 12 hours shifts on a 4on / 4off shift rota.
To be successful in the role of Maintenance Electrician you will need to hold a recognised Electrical Engineering Qualification and will ideally be Apprentice trained. You will also need to have previous experience of supporting machinery in a manufacturing or production environment, have a good knowledge of AC motors, inverters + drives, three phase motors/sensors and hold fault finding abilities on Siemens S7 PLC controls. I would be keen to hear from Electrical Engineers or Maintenance Engineers who have experience of supporting plant machinery and have strong Electrical skills.
In return, you will be joining a leading company in its field and will be paid on weekly basis. The excellent salary package including shift allowance is up to £46,000 per annum, depending on skills and experience, + paid overtime + 25 days holiday.
Position: Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Shift: Double Days
Benefits: Overtime, Pension, 33 days Holiday, Company Bonus
Location: LE10 0NF
Probe Technical recruitment are recruiting for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join a company that manufacture an iconic product within the UK. Along with a double day shift pattern with hours 6-2/2-10 the company offers a pension, 33 days holiday, plenty of overtime and a company bonus.
The company will let you have a stable career path along with working within a medium size Maintenance team and chances to progress within Management. They celebrate the past whilst embracing the future though bold design, original styling, purposeful engineering and a genuine passion for the product.
Duties and Responsibilities for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer:
- You will be accountable for fault diagnosis and defect rectification on a wide range of equipment, this is including both CNC and PLC controlled equipment (predominantly Fanuc controls and Mitsubishi plc’s)
- Experience of Electrical/Electronic/Pneumatic/Hydraulic Systems would be an advantage
- A good mechanical understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Planned and reactive Maintenance
Skills and Experience for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer:
- Machine tool service/commissioning background is beneficial
- Apprentice trained (or equivalent)
- Electrically biased, however will look at Mechanically trained if Electrical abilities are strong
You will be working within a fast-paced environment that will reward you with staff discount on the product produced and a company bonus.
Regional Sales Manager – Germany Region
The position will be responsible for the growth of new business relationships and profitable sales along with further market expansion for the supply of bespoke engineered products and solutions on a regional basis. The Regional Sales Manager will support the relationship development with new and existing valued distributors and direct customers, as well as the identification and development of all new relationships in the specified region.
As a Sales Manager for a niche product within a global manufacturer, you will be experienced to successfully develop and foster strong commercial relationships, as well as being responsible for the overall growth in your own region. Working closely with the central manufacturing organisation in the UK, the successful candidate will work to leverage the previous track record of the company, particularly their recent successes working with globally recognised OEM and manufacturing brands, as well as distributor channel companies in their region.
- This is a management position reporting to the Global Sales Director. Within the organisation, the position has primary working relationships with the other Regional Sales Managers, Board of Directors, and their respective teams. Externally, the key focus will be relationships with customers and their extensive distribution channel.
Principle Accountabilities - Regional Sales Growth:
- Key point of liaison for the channel partners in Germany – supporting them with sales visits to key customers and acting as an expert advisor for the organisations product offering
- Working with the channel partners to give hands on product training and highlighting the key selling points, features and customer benefits to ensure products are differentiated from competitor products
- Understanding the local market and competitors to work with the channel partners in developing strategies to increase their sales potential
- Responsible for creating and implementing a comprehensive sales plan incorporating both direct customer relationship management and channel partner support that will enhance ability to grow in the market place
- Active use of the digital marketing tools already in place such as the Distributor portal and CRM to maximise the opportunities in your region and ensure all potential leads are followed up in a timely manner
- Liaise with all external sales managers to keep up to date with other sales activity, gather the application information to share with the central team and allow them to communicate this across the global sales network in an effective manner using the application/replication strategy.
- Provide to support to marketing events such as trade shows and exhibitions including product demonstrations
- Liaise with the manufacturing and quality team in Europe to ensure that the customer experience remains as positive as possible, this may include providing commercial support where issues arise
Planning and Budgeting:
- Responsible for the achievement of sales growth targets, working with the Global Sales Director to agree on both short and long-term potential for your region
- Carry out all regional sales duties in a professional manner and within the agreed budget limits agreed, especially around travel and customer entertaining
- Provide commercial analysis of our market position, potential growth opportunities and a better understanding of how our product development can support our customer needs
- Work with the board and senior staff to develop and maintain a strategic perspective -- based on marketplace and constituent needs and satisfaction.
- Develop and coordinate means to seek regular input from the key channel partners and customers regarding the quality of products and services, our market position and translate that into improvements within our tactical plans
Experience Required for a Regional Sales Manager:
- Recognised engineering or business qualifications (degree or above) and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a sales role.
- Fluent in German (and other languages)
- Demonstrated customer focus and the ability to build effective relationships externally to enhance reputation and brand value across multi-cultural boundaries
- Experience of developing, maintaining and delivering on sales strategies to meet company objectives.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- A willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals
This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing and dynamic organisation where individuals are encouraged to grow and develop into senior positions early into their careers.
Position: Maintenance Technician
Benefits: Pension scheme, Overtime, pay back days
Probe Technical recruitment is recruiting for a Maintenance Technician to join a process environment within the heavy industry. The role holder will be responsible for driving plant availability through ensuring all PPM’s, reactive maintenance, engineering and process improvements are carried out and implemented in a timely manner.
Requirements for Maintenance Technician:
- Mechanical engineering qualification NVQ Level 3 minimum
- Electrical engineering qualification desirable
- Process minded with experience within an industrial maintenance role
- Good verbal and written communicator
- Heavy industry experience is beneficial
Duties for Maintenance Technician:
- Plan activities in line with Engineering Supervisor to pre-empt spares and labour requirements in order to minimise operational disruptions
- Respond to reactive breakdowns in a timely manner to minimise downtime
- Ensure shift handovers and reports are completed effectively and communicated on a daily basis
- Manage engineering documents (PPM’s, excel stock ordering, etc)
- Ensure team members and contractors are briefed, trained and are completing their duties as required.
Key words: Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Electrician, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance, Mechanical, Heavy
Client has led the line in the development of innovative mechanical products for over 30 years. Their experience, comprehensive product range and on-site service teams support a global customer base.
Their activities range from design and manufacture of hardware, to training, software development and the provision of on-site services carried out by their competent and experienced technicians.
- Evaluate customer requirements and communicate them to all parties in the organization.
- Understanding the project and contractual obligations.
- Management of multiple projects with a varied degree of complexity, value and lead-time, from the point of order to the point of delivery.
- Report financial and technical status of the projects allocated.
- Forecast delivery based on projected resource through liaison with all departments.
- Provide technical and engineering support to all departments as required.
- To represent client at customer meetings on their premises and offsite as required.
- Support the delivery of training.
- To work in a manner that protects the health, safety and welfare of yourself and others.
- Actively participate in Company improvement initiatives.
- Adherence to all Company policies and procedures.
- Sound educational background, (minimum HNC mechanical engineering / local equivalent) OR strong relevant experience
- Good mechanical engineering knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Team and goal oriented.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with practical, hands on problem solving approach.
- High energy and drive
- IT literate with specific experience using Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint programs.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Full driving licence.
Salary and Benefits
Salary £35,000 - £40,000 plus bonus
Employer offers employee benefits that can be discussed at interview
- This is a chance to join, and be part of the future of an ever expanding market leader
- Possible career development and advancement
- Free parking
- Company bonus
Our world leading client, is now looking to appoint a Project Scheduler / Document Controller, specifically to work on a brand new project that the group has won.
- The main responsibility would be to ensure the master project schedule is kept up to date at all times, whilst identifying any potential slippage should this become relevant. Pre-arranged progress reports to senior stakeholders would also be a major part of the role.
- The project consists mainly of; mechanical/electrical design, mechanical/electrical manufacture, freight, mechanical/electrical installation and mechanical/electrical commissioning.
- This is a global multi-million-pound project, and procurement will come from both our client facilities and sub-suppliers worldwide. The main locations for supply are the UK, India, USA, Australia and South Africa. It will be essential to devise a strategy that enables regular and concise updates to be obtained from all parties involved that contribute to the overall contract.
- The ideal candidate should come with exceptional scheduling skills previously utilised in a heavy engineering / major construction environment.
- It is expected that the successful candidate would be capable of managing the general requirements of the task themselves. Supervision and guidance would be given initially from the Project Manager, along with senior members of staff within the group.
- Expert skill levels in both Microsoft office suite, and Microsoft Project would be expected.
- The position would be based at the Derbyshire office. There is potential for overseas travel, but at this time that is foreseen to be unlikely.