Our Projects and Programme Engineering Division has been set up to supply the growing trend in many engineering sectors to recruit project staff to support external or internal customers orders.
This Division covers all areas from the initial enquires through to design and concept, production, quality and test, through to final delivery or installation. We cover a range of industry such as Automotive, Aerospace, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Consumer Goods, Electronic & Electrical Appliances, Special Purpose Machinery, Marine, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Off Highway/Quarry, Chemical and the Water Industry.
Whatever the size of the company we can offer expert support in finding relevant skilled project engineers to ensure projects and programmes run smoothly and meet required deadlines.
If you would like a confidential discussion surrounding strategic hiring for your organisation or your own career path we would be delighted to hear from you to determine how our services can assist you in finding the right solution so please call us on 0121 321 4311
25 Jobs Found
Structural Engineering Consultant
We are working with a structural engineering Consultancy, who advise and support the Civil and Architectural industry sectors with the latest technology and materials used in producing high performance steel.
Project design, feasibility and calculation advice of the capabilities’ and benefits of newly developed materials is becoming a major part of companies group sales growth plan across Europe and the need for additional
Consultants to join the team has become paramount to maintain this growth.
The position will be based within a research and academic environment and will either support customers projects on or off-site at key phases, but most of the average working week will be based in Coventry.
The projects will vary in technical demands, costs and size, so each week will offer different challenges and requirements.
Based within a small team the role will often operate as a sole support or part of a small team and decisions and project management will often be down to the individual to decide on.
Requirements of a Structural Engineering Consultant:
- A suitable candidate will be an experienced Civil Engineer with 8 – 10 years in Structural Engineering, who is ideally Chartered or about to become Chartered. A strong background in design and stress calculation from software or hand calcs should also be very evident in an applicants recent career history.
- A very strong understanding of Construction and Architectural Design is essential, along with the experience to understand the gateways within a design project.
The position will require some international travel to mainly Europe and the ability to communicate and present with different levels of management, engineers, and procurement and sales / marketing departments in different countries.
The primary purpose of the role is to offer direct technical support and advice that will lead to higher sales orders and better satisfied customers, so a perfect fit for this role would be an engineer with a commercial awareness, but this is not a Sales position.
Qualifications of a Structural Engineering Consultant:
- A formal qualification in Civil / Structural Engineer - Degree / HND
- CEng Status 12 months+
- A good understanding of Structural Design Methods and Software
- A good understanding of FEA, both Software and Hand Cals
- Good Project Management skills
- Experience of the Construction and Architectural Industry sectors
- Excellent presentation skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Mid-level Engineer who is looking to get a step up into Consultancy.
The position is open to all EU Nationals who are happy to live and working in the UK Midlands area.
Position: PDI Technician
Shift: Days 8-4
Benefits: Overtime, Pension, Holiday
Location: NG33 5PU
Probe Technical recruitment is recruiting for a Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) Technician in centre of South Witham. You will have to perform inspections of the machinery before the machines are shipped to their customers. Secondly the PDI centre customises machines to customers’ request. This customization includes adding basic options to the machines. You would be working within a team of 12 on the site.
The Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI) Technician is responsible for the daily routine PDI tasks given by the Site Manager. Maintain and inspect the allocated tools needed to support each task to ensure safety. General maintenance of work area, ensuring it is tidy and clean. Any other tasks allocated to ensure safe and efficient running of the working areas.
Duties and responsibility for PDI Technician:
- Carry out a robust PDI and EPDI-inspection on all machines using an IT based process from start to finish prior to customer accepting delivery according to high quality standards.
- Thorough examination and certification – Perform mandatory inspections on AWP machinery to LOLER standard.
- Willingness to performs other site/warehousing duties (loading/unloading of delivery vehicles) as assigned.
- Assist the business by contributing reliable, on-time performance on a daily basis.
- To adhere to safety working practices and ensure that they are followed at all times.
- Demonstrate the ability to work within a team environment.
- Ensure compliance and procedures and remain compliant with all local laws and requirements.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with fellow Team Members
- Inform appropriate TM of any defective or unsafe equipment
Skills and experience for PDI Technician:
- Semi-skilled with technical ability (understanding of Lean manufacturing principles is a plus).
- Hydraulic experience is an advantage
- Associated mechanical/technical engineering background.
- Ability and willingness to undergo in-house training on all products.
- Flexible, with strong teamwork orientation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Capability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team.
- Disciplined and flexible
- Cultural awareness to secure smooth cooperation and communication with team members
- Must be able to work at heights
- Strong orientation toward quality, safety and continuous improvement.
This is a great opportunity for an individual that wants to grow within a company and move in to the external sales team (repairing platforms at customer sites) or other parts of the organisation.
Position: Reliability Engineer
Benefits: Overtime, Pension, Holiday, Company Car
Location: Birmingham, Coventry and Oxford
Probe Technical Recruitment is recruiting for a Reliability Engineer to focus on Condition Based Maintenance. Along with a day shift pattern with hours around 8-5 the company offers a pension, holiday, plenty of overtime and a company car. The role will be mobile which is why you are supplied with a car or a van around the Birmingham, Coventry and Oxford areas. Reliability Engineers (CM Engineers) will spend most of their time working on a small set of defined client’s sites, communicating regularly with both group personnel and clients. In addition to this, there will be occasions where other site visits for ad-hoc or covering working will be required.
The purpose of the role is to be an effective part of the company’s service delivery team, by providing a competent standard of rotating and static equipment through various condition monitoring techniques as defined. You should have the ability to lead junior members of staff through technical guidance and be able to carry out specific site management duties as defined by the Team Manager. You will deliver client facing services to various industry sectors and support the regional Team Manager KPI`s.
Duties and Responsibility for Reliability Engineer:
- Ability to collect and analyse condition monitoring data and formulate accurate and concise reports to the client, clearly identifying any potential failure modes and risk of client business impact
- Reporting; first and second pass analysis, Troubleshooting (where qualified/proficient) of CM results ensuring any potential threat to client’s reliability program is identified and reported.
- Ability to assist in creation of CM Databases from implementation through to delivery
- Be aware of the Asset Management Directors business plan
- Deliver specific asset management services to improve client’s equipment availability & reliability as directed by Operations Management teams.
- Ensure effective communication and reporting to line management with regards to operational objectives, achievements and opportunities or risk.
- Co-operate with peers to support future business development. Advise Management of potential new business opportunities.
- Assist in compiling, manage and follow Method Statements, COSHH Assessments, Risk Assessments and SOPs.
Skills and Experience for Reliability Engineer:
- HNC in Maintenance/Engineering discipline (essential)
- Vibration Analysis Level 2
- Thermal 1
- ICML 1
- Basic Pump Performance assessments
- Lubrication Assessment
- Pipework Vibration
- Basic Rotor Dynamics
- Ultrasound level 1
All the above would be beneficial for the position, however these are desirable.
As a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer you will be joining this leading Manufacturing company based just outside of Kidderminster. You will be joining an existing Maintenance Engineering team to undertake breakdown and preventative maintenance in this modern production facility.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and qualified Mechanical Maintenance Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving all aspects of the equipment and plant on site in a modern fast paced heavy manufacturing environment at a major manufacturing site. Working in a team you will be covering a rotating Day and Night Continental shift pattern work 4on / 4off over a 7 day rota. Shifts are 12 hrs 6 - 6.
To be successful in this role you will need to hold a recognised Mechanical Engineering Qualification to a minimum of NVQ level 3 and will be Apprentice trained. You will also need to have previous experience of maintaining machinery in a fast paced production environment and fault finding on hydraulics and pneumatics. Experience of TPM and continuous improvement would also be of benefit. I would be keen to speak with candidates who have experience of reactive + preventative mechanical maintenance supporting plant machinery as either a Mechanical Fitter, Maintenance Engineer or similar role.
In return, you will receive an excellent salary package which is paid weekly of £38,225 per annum, including shift allowance + 25 days holiday. There is the opportunity for guaranteed overtime and this can increase your potential earning to over £40,000 per annum.
As a Maintenance Electrician you will be joining an existing Maintenance Engineering Team at a leading Manufacturing company based just outside of Kidderminster. You will be undertaking breakdown and preventative maintenance in this modern production facility.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and qualified Maintenance Electrician. In this role you will be responsible for maintaining and improving all aspects of the equipment and plant on site in a modern fast paced heavy manufacturing environment at a major manufacturing site. Working in a team you will be covering a Continental shift pattern of alternating Days and Nights 12 hours shifts on a 4on / 4off shift rota.
To be successful in the role of Maintenance Electrician you will need to hold a recognised Electrical Engineering Qualification and will ideally be Apprentice trained. You will also need to have previous experience of working in a fast paced production environment, have a good knowledge of AC motors, inverters + drives, three phase motors/sensors and hold fault finding abilities on Siemens S7 controls. I would be keen to hear from Electrical Engineers/Maintenance Engineers who have experience of supported plant machinery in a heavy industry environment and have strong Electrical skills.
In return, you will be joining a leading company in its field and will be paid on weekly basis. The excellent salary package including shift allowance is £38,221 per annum, however with guaranteed overtime potential earning are over £40,000 + 25 days holiday.
Position: Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Shift: Double Days
Benefits: Overtime, Pension, 33 days Holiday, Company Bonus
Location: LE10 0NF
Probe Technical recruitment are recruiting for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join a company that manufacture an iconic product within the UK. Along with a double day shift pattern with hours 6-2/2-10 the company offers a pension, 33 days holiday, plenty of overtime and a company bonus.
The company will let you have a stable career path along with working within a medium size Maintenance team and chances to progress within Management. They celebrate the past whilst embracing the future though bold design, original styling, purposeful engineering and a genuine passion for the product.
Duties and Responsibilities for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer:
- You will be accountable for fault diagnosis and defect rectification on a wide range of equipment, this is including both CNC and PLC controlled equipment (predominantly Fanuc controls and Mitsubishi plc’s)
- Experience of Electrical/Electronic/Pneumatic/Hydraulic Systems would be an advantage
- A good mechanical understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Planned and reactive Maintenance
Skills and Experience for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer:
- Machine tool service/commissioning background is beneficial
- Apprentice trained (or equivalent)
- Electrically biased, however will look at Mechanically trained if Electrical abilities are strong
You will be working within a fast-paced environment that will reward you with staff discount on the product produced and a company bonus.
Project Engineer / Business Development – International – Foundry Systems
We have a project engineering position that has been created to support the growth and expansion of our client’s portfolio on an international basis.
The purpose of the position primary is to strengthen and support marketing and new technology strategies to grow new business opportunities.
Main Duties for a Project Engineer / Business Development:
- Provide input into, and engage in the implementation of the global material strategic business development plan which had total sales of £83 million in 2017
- To manage and participate in global, regional and local projects to develop new and innovative ideas (including application technologies) to expand the use of products (under 10 different brands)
- Work with regional management to deliver top line growth in line with the overall foundry strategy
- Provide technical and marketing support to local operating companies on a global basis
- Identify growth opportunities, target market segments and new business opportunities
- Participate in the launch and global roll-out of major new products, approximately 1 or 2 per year.
- To develop and maintain relationships across the foundry business unit, with strategic suppliers and alliances and provide links and support to the supply chain
This position requires excellent communication skills and the ability to present
Be IT literate
Strongly motivated to succeed
Be able to think on your feet and make decisions.
Strong team player
Applicants should have at least 2 years’ industrial experience associated with engineering or technology, together with strong experience of project management, with the ability to simultaneously manage and work as a member of several teams.
Applicants should also be educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering or scientific discipline.
This position will suit a Junior Project Engineer / Engineer with a few years’ experience who is looking for their next step.
Regional Sales Manager – Germany Region
The position will be responsible for the growth of new business relationships and profitable sales along with further market expansion for the supply of bespoke engineered products and solutions on a regional basis. The Regional Sales Manager will support the relationship development with new and existing valued distributors and direct customers, as well as the identification and development of all new relationships in the specified region.
As a Sales Manager for a niche product within a global manufacturer, you will be experienced to successfully develop and foster strong commercial relationships, as well as being responsible for the overall growth in your own region. Working closely with the central manufacturing organisation in the UK, the successful candidate will work to leverage the previous track record of the company, particularly their recent successes working with globally recognised OEM and manufacturing brands, as well as distributor channel companies in their region.
- This is a management position reporting to the Global Sales Director. Within the organisation, the position has primary working relationships with the other Regional Sales Managers, Board of Directors, and their respective teams. Externally, the key focus will be relationships with customers and their extensive distribution channel.
Principle Accountabilities - Regional Sales Growth:
- Key point of liaison for the channel partners in Germany – supporting them with sales visits to key customers and acting as an expert advisor for the organisations product offering
- Working with the channel partners to give hands on product training and highlighting the key selling points, features and customer benefits to ensure products are differentiated from competitor products
- Understanding the local market and competitors to work with the channel partners in developing strategies to increase their sales potential
- Responsible for creating and implementing a comprehensive sales plan incorporating both direct customer relationship management and channel partner support that will enhance ability to grow in the market place
- Active use of the digital marketing tools already in place such as the Distributor portal and CRM to maximise the opportunities in your region and ensure all potential leads are followed up in a timely manner
- Liaise with all external sales managers to keep up to date with other sales activity, gather the application information to share with the central team and allow them to communicate this across the global sales network in an effective manner using the application/replication strategy.
- Provide to support to marketing events such as trade shows and exhibitions including product demonstrations
- Liaise with the manufacturing and quality team in Europe to ensure that the customer experience remains as positive as possible, this may include providing commercial support where issues arise
Planning and Budgeting:
- Responsible for the achievement of sales growth targets, working with the Global Sales Director to agree on both short and long-term potential for your region
- Carry out all regional sales duties in a professional manner and within the agreed budget limits agreed, especially around travel and customer entertaining
- Provide commercial analysis of our market position, potential growth opportunities and a better understanding of how our product development can support our customer needs
- Work with the board and senior staff to develop and maintain a strategic perspective -- based on marketplace and constituent needs and satisfaction.
- Develop and coordinate means to seek regular input from the key channel partners and customers regarding the quality of products and services, our market position and translate that into improvements within our tactical plans
Experience Required for a Regional Sales Manager:
- Recognised engineering or business qualifications (degree or above) and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a sales role.
- Fluent in German (and other languages)
- Demonstrated customer focus and the ability to build effective relationships externally to enhance reputation and brand value across multi-cultural boundaries
- Experience of developing, maintaining and delivering on sales strategies to meet company objectives.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- A willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals
This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing and dynamic organisation where individuals are encouraged to grow and develop into senior positions early into their careers.
Position: Maintenance Technician
Benefits: Pension scheme, Overtime, pay back days
Probe Technical recruitment is recruiting for a Maintenance Technician to join a process environment within the heavy industry. The role holder will be responsible for driving plant availability through ensuring all PPM’s, reactive maintenance, engineering and process improvements are carried out and implemented in a timely manner.
Requirements for Maintenance Technician:
- Mechanical engineering qualification NVQ Level 3 minimum
- Electrical engineering qualification desirable
- Process minded with experience within an industrial maintenance role
- Good verbal and written communicator
- Heavy industry experience is beneficial
Duties for Maintenance Technician:
- Plan activities in line with Engineering Supervisor to pre-empt spares and labour requirements in order to minimise operational disruptions
- Respond to reactive breakdowns in a timely manner to minimise downtime
- Ensure shift handovers and reports are completed effectively and communicated on a daily basis
- Manage engineering documents (PPM’s, excel stock ordering, etc)
- Ensure team members and contractors are briefed, trained and are completing their duties as required.
Key words: Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Electrician, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance, Mechanical, Heavy
Probe have a great opportunity for a Maintenance Fitter to join our process plant client in Kidderminster who are a leading manufacturer in the building materials Industry. You will be joining an existing Engineering team to undertake breakdown and preventative maintenance in this production facility. This role will require you to work Mon – Weds 4pm – 3am + Fri 6am – 5pm
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and qualified Maintenance Fitter. The Maintenance Fitter role will be responsible for maintaining and improving all aspects of the equipment and plant on site in a modern fast paced heavy manufacturing environment at a major manufacturing site.
As a Maintenance Fitter you will need to hold a recognised Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship trained and will have previous experience of maintaining machinery in a fast paced production environment and fault finding on hydraulics and pneumatics.
You will be joining a leading company in it’s field and will be paid on weekly basis. The excellent salary package including shift allowance is up to £35,000 per annum + 25 days holiday.
Keywords: Maintenance Fitter, Mechanical Fitter, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Fitter
Probe have a great opportunity for a Maintenance Fitter to join our process plant client in Kidderminster who are a leading manufacturer in the building materials Industry. You will be joining an existing Engineering team to undertake breakdown and preventative maintenance in this modern production facility.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and qualified Maintenance Fitter. The Maintenance Fitter role will be responsible for maintaining and improving all aspects of the equipment and plant on site in a modern fast paced heavy manufacturing environment at a major manufacturing site. Working in a team you will be covering a rotating Day and Night Continental shift pattern work 4on / 4off over a 7 day rota. Shifts are 12 hrs 6 - 6.
As a Maintenance Fitter you will need to hold a recognised Mechanical Engineering Qualification to a minimum of NVQ level 3 and will be Apprentice trained. You will also need to have previous experience of maintaining machinery in a fast paced production environment and fault finding on hydraulics and pneumatics.
You will be joining a leading company in its field and will be paid on weekly basis. The excellent salary package including shift allowance is up to £35,000 per annum + 25 days holiday.
Position: Maintenance Engineer
Benefits: Pension scheme where employee contributions will be matched between 4%-6%, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, increased holiday entitlement after 2 years’ service, friends & family introduction policy
Probe Technical recruitment is recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer to join a large company with 3 sites in the UK. You will be based at the Lockerbie site and be reporting to the Plant / Factory Manager. This job is also suitable for mechanics, the role is fast paced and demanding with work ours 12 hours a day including some weekend work. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working part of a team and has an enthusiastic attitude.
Requirements for Maintenance Engineer:
- Must be able to use initiative and work with and without work instruction.
- Apprentice trained (or similar)
- City & Guilds / NVQ Level 2/3 in Mechanical or Electrical
- Experience working as a Maintenance Engineer / Fitter
- Hydraulic and pneumatic experience
Duties for Maintenance Engineer
- Meet all H&S applicable requirements
- To provide Leadership in maintaining plant production capacity
- Improvement in plant reliability
- Promoting best working practices across shifts
- Effective planning & training of resources
- Maximise and sustain plant production levels
- Detailed root cause analysis to ensure Plant reliability
- Timely reactive maintenance response as and when required
- H&SE KPI compliance across maintenance personnel
- Reduction in Breakdowns & Stoppages
- Consistent delivery of production targets
- Maintenance process control and compliance
Key words: Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Fitter, Manufacturing, Maintenance, Mechanical, Electrical, Multi-Skilled, Preventative