Working with the relevant design, manufacturing and purchasing teams and reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for providing full cost analysis of each new and existing machine. You will also be required to identify and execute significant cost down opportunities in fabricated assemblies, bought-in components and machine build efficiencies.
Value Engineer Hours and Salary
- Salary - £35,000
- 37.5 hours, Monday - Friday
Value Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Full cost analysis of existing products including standard Bills of Material, standard and non-standard options
- Support new product development with costing analysis. Cost analysis / target pricing on all new and modified products
- Provide forecasted costs for all machines using established costing templates. Creation of standard component engineering / cost libraries
- Analyse and compare welding fabrications with regard to new designs. Review all sub-assemblies in terms of materials and labour costs
- Work with the manufacturing and finance teams to identify sectional BoMs. Will be a key driver in cost down projects in the department.
- Support Product Managers in generating pricing, Price Book updates as needed, support the engineering team as requested by the engineering manager
- Analysis of Purchase Price Variance and maintain cost trackers. Identify opportunities for value engineering or process efficiencies within existing as well as new product
Value Engineer Person Specification
- Engineering degree or evidence of equivalent (ideally)
- Proven experience of machine cost analysis, and proven ability to manipulate data and generate cost models
- Experience of heavy equipment would be a distinct advantage
- Strong computer skills especially MS excel. Strong planning and execution skills
- The ability to prioritise work and thrive in a fast-moving business to meet tight deadlines
- Good English communication skills, both written and spoken, good presentation and interpersonal skills
- Global outlook and exposure to different challenges & cultures
This Value Engineer is commutable From: Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Burton upon Trent, Coventry, Tamworth
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Support since 1994
Design Engineer – Mechanical / Hydraulics
This business has over 50 years of heritage, specialising in design, manufacturing, and installation of bespoke steel fabrication projects.
Supporting clients, across the world, in many different industries, their in-house design capabilities cover all mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and software disciplines.
The Design Engineer Role
Client is looking for an engineer with an innovative mechanical background, a passion for engineering excellence and proven experience to draw on. This is a varied job with varying degrees of responsibility, differing types of tasks ranging from initial design to machine commissioning, perhaps project management or customer visits but with practical design remaining central to the job.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in structural steel fabrication design
- Effective in carrying out detailed structural strength calculations for both structural and mechanical components
- Display a high degree of computing literacy on engineering design packages
- Hydraulic exposure would be useful
- Good interpersonal skills
- Highly Organised
Software – AutoCAD, Inventor, Vault, ANSYS, MS Office
Design Engineer Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Generation of documentation within the production design office including, but not limited to, drawings, parts lists, Drawing Office Purchase Requisitions’ and Drawing Office Issue Note’s to ensure project deadlines set both internally and externally are met. Management of Bills of Material and detail manufacturing drawing.
- Produce conceptual designs from functional specifications. Layout design of mechanical/hydraulic machinery.
- To work in multi-discipline project teams on specific aspects of the machine design. Undertake component stress calculations and compile documented calculation packages for third party verification in order to comply to varying international codes and standards.
- Produce equipment test specifications for use in house. Liaison with other Design Engineers to ensure design specifications are met.
- Bid support, travel for technical input, customer liaison, input to sales proposals. Attendance at technical meetings (UK and Overseas)
Design Engineer Salary and Hours
- £30,000 - £40,000, dependant on experience
- 37 hours per week, 08:00am - 17:00pm Monday to Thursday and 08:00am – 12:00pm Friday. (flexibility, due to workloads would be required)
This Design Engineer role is commutable From: Shrewsbury, Stoke on Trent, Stafford, Wolverhampton, Walsall
As a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer you will be joining a leading Heavy industry company in Willenhall working DAYS 8am – 4pm Monday – Friday to undertake breakdown and preventative Electrical and Mechanical maintenance on plant machinery and equipment.
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer Role Benefits:
- £30,000 - £34,000 salary, depending on skills, qualifications, and experience.
- Working hours will be DAYS 8am – 5pm or 7am – 3pm Monday to Friday
- Company pension
- Weekend overtime is available.
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer Role Description
- In this role of you will be carrying out reactive and preventative Electrical and Mechanical maintenance on plant and equipment in a Heavy Engineering environment.
- You will also be involved in continuous improvements and PPMs.
- You will be joining an existing and welcoming Engineering team.
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer Skills and Qualifications
- Successful candidates will hold an Electrical Engineering qualification such as NVQ3 or City & Guilds. You will also hold 18th or 17th Edition wiring regulations.
- This position requires you to have Electrical fault finding abilities in a Heavy Engineering environment, and you will also ideally have mechanical abilities including experience with hydraulics and pneumatics.
- I would be keen to talk with Engineers who hold previous experience within Maintenance Engineering team who are multiskilled with an Electrical bias.
The Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer position is commutable from Wolverhampton, Walsall, Dudley, West Bromwich and surrounding areas.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Maintenance, Reliability & Service Recruitment Support since 1994
Product Support & Test Technician – Electronics
Based within a small engineering business that is part of a larger European Group, the role will be part of the Test and Development Team that is primary responsible for the development of electronic component parts of the organisation’s product range.
The company has a proud history for always being an innovative leader and for being in recent times, the first to introduce specialist technology to market.
The Product Support Technician will form a key role in this business and an important part of product development process.
Product Support & Test Technician Benefits:
- £25,000 - £35,000
- Pension – Contributions
- 33 Days Holidays
- Career Development
The primary duties of the Product Support & Test Technician will be:
- To maintain technical data systems relating to product design and manufacture.
- To define and introduce new products.
- To provide technical support to other departments within the company.
- To maintain company product and materials specification systems.
- To maintain product data via ERP item master, bill of material and routing files.
- To maintain libraries of technical data relating to products, materials and components.
- To maintain technical equipment and perform product testing.
- Organise manufacture of new product samples.
The Primary Requirements for the Product Support Technician:
- A formal qualification in engineering ONC (NVQ level 3) or above (including basic electronics knowledge).
- Be Self-motivation and have good attention to detail.
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels (both internally and externally)
- Good PC skills, particularly MS Word and MS Excel.
- Experience of basic electronics hand-assembly.
This Product Support & Test Technician role is commutable from: Stowmarket, Thetford, Bury St Edmunds, Braintree, Newmarket
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Sales Engineer to join a growing company who specialise in modular buildings. The company, who are based in Walsall, are well known for their high-end modular buildings which they design and build for customers across the world. The company are also coming off the back of an exceptionally busy 2020 and, as a result, this is a brand new role to keep up with their growing list of customer enquiries.
The buildings have a range of applications from homes to bars, plant rooms to laboratories, and everything in between!
The Technical Sales Engineer will be tasked with dealing with customer enquires and ensuring that the right solution is being offered for each specific application and enquiry.
This role will suit either a recent Engineering graduate with a desire to enter the world of technical sales or an experienced technical salesperson with an engineering qualification.
SALES ENGINEER BENEFITS:
The Technical Sales Engineer has the following package:
- £25,000 - £30,000 salary (dependant on experience)
- 23 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- On the job training by industry experts
- Quarterly bonus scheme
SALES ENGINEER DUTIES:
The Technical Sales Engineer will be responsible for:
- Responding to customer enquires re modular buildings
- Advising customers on best solution for their needs, including on any additional structural/electrical/environmental considerations/add-ons that may be required
- Estimating and quoting
- Project management of construction and installation phase (occasional)
SALES ENGINEER REQUIREMENTS:
The ideal candidate will have some or all of the following attributes/experience:
- A qualification in an electrical or engineering discipline
- Commercial acumen and an outgoing, proactive personality
- Experience within, or selling to, the construction industry
- Modular buildings experience
This Sales Engineer role is primarily office based and is within commutable distance from Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Sutton Coldfield, Cannock, Lichfield, Tamworth, Coleshill, Wednesbury, West Bromwich
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Sales Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994
Technical Support Technician – AutoCAD
We are working with an organisation that provides technology and state-of-the-art products to the Building Services industry, who are seeing a fast return to pre-pandemic levels of orders and requirements for their products from their European customer base.
Supporting the Technical Estimating and Technical Sales Teams a Technical Support Technician is required to assist in the design scope out and planning for the quote phases of new projects and support all of the document and CAD related requirements that will ensure the correct installation of products on to a customer’s site.
Technical Support Technician Salary Package:
- £24,000 - £25,000
- 26 Days Holidays + Bank Holidays
- Flexible Working including Remote Working
The role will be CAD centric with the ability to detail drawings for specific project installations, carry out and configure size and area dimensions and get directly involve in collating relevant information and test solutions documentation.
- Producing Sales Quotes for customers from information provided by the internal Estimating and Technical Sales teams.
- Support the quote and planning phases of projects by dealing with and answering customers queries, via telephone and email.
- Support the estimating and sales teams with the rollout of new project initiatives to partners and customers.
- All CAD work will be carried out in 2D.
Requirements for a Technical Support Technician
- A formal qualification in a Civil or Engineering subject.
- Have a good proven working knowledge of Design and CAD (AutoCAD)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Minimum of 2-year experience of working in a Technical Support or Estimating type of role.
- Excellent Administration skills (IT / MS Office)
- A good understanding of the Building Services industry sectors)
This Technical Support Technician role is commutable from: Birmingham, Tamworth, Derby, Lichfield, Leicester, Burton, Coventry, Stone
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Design, R&D & Projects Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994
Who We Are
Probe UK is a leading technical engineering recruitment consultancy that specialises in all aspects of the engineering sector. From aeronautical and automotive engineering to precision engineering, manufacturing and technical designers, we have worked for clients from all spectrums of the engineering and design industry in sourcing the perfect candidates.
Probe provided me with valuable assistance and advice when I was searching for a new role. It was a pleasure working with them, I cannot recommend them highly enough. I found their approach honest, reliable and he totally understood what I was looking for, something which isn't always the case with recruiters. I would not hesitate to contact Probe in the future if my circumstances changed