Our Manufacturing Division consists of experienced consultants who have over ten years experience in recruiting Technical staff within the Manufacturing and Production sectors.
Manufacturing is the transformation of raw materials into finished goods, or intermediate processes involving the production or finishing of semi-manufactures, with such a large process involved, we are specialised to recruit for the whole spectrum. Therefore candidates such as Operatives, Toolmakers, Weld Engineers, Production Engineers, Commodity and Raw Materials Purchasing, Team Leaders, Operations Manager, Manufacturing Directors are finding employment through Probe on a daily basis.
- Continuous Improvements
- Six Sigma
- Lean Manufacturing
- Health & Safety
- Cost Reduction
- Waste Management
- Production Control
If you would like a confidential discussion surrounding strategic hiring for your organisation or your own career path we would be delighted to hear from you to determine how our services can assist you in finding the right solution so please call us on 0121 321 4311
63 Jobs Found
Working with the relevant design, manufacturing and purchasing teams and reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for providing full cost analysis of each new and existing machine. You will also be required to identify and execute significant cost down opportunities in fabricated assemblies, bought-in components and machine build efficiencies.
Value Engineer Hours and Salary
- Salary - £35,000
- 37.5 hours, Monday - Friday
Value Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Full cost analysis of existing products including standard Bills of Material, standard and non-standard options
- Support new product development with costing analysis. Cost analysis / target pricing on all new and modified products
- Provide forecasted costs for all machines using established costing templates. Creation of standard component engineering / cost libraries
- Analyse and compare welding fabrications with regard to new designs. Review all sub-assemblies in terms of materials and labour costs
- Work with the manufacturing and finance teams to identify sectional BoMs. Will be a key driver in cost down projects in the department.
- Support Product Managers in generating pricing, Price Book updates as needed, support the engineering team as requested by the engineering manager
- Analysis of Purchase Price Variance and maintain cost trackers. Identify opportunities for value engineering or process efficiencies within existing as well as new product
Value Engineer Person Specification
- Engineering degree or evidence of equivalent (ideally)
- Proven experience of machine cost analysis, and proven ability to manipulate data and generate cost models
- Experience of heavy equipment would be a distinct advantage
- Strong computer skills especially MS excel. Strong planning and execution skills
- The ability to prioritise work and thrive in a fast-moving business to meet tight deadlines
- Good English communication skills, both written and spoken, good presentation and interpersonal skills
- Global outlook and exposure to different challenges & cultures
This Value Engineer is commutable From: Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Burton upon Trent, Coventry, Tamworth
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Support since 1994
Product Support & Test Technician – Electronics
Based within a small engineering business that is part of a larger European Group, the role will be part of the Test and Development Team that is primary responsible for the development of electronic component parts of the organisation’s product range.
The company has a proud history for always being an innovative leader and for being in recent times, the first to introduce specialist technology to market.
The Product Support Technician will form a key role in this business and an important part of product development process.
Product Support & Test Technician Benefits:
- £25,000 - £35,000
- Pension – Contributions
- 33 Days Holidays
- Career Development
The primary duties of the Product Support & Test Technician will be:
- To maintain technical data systems relating to product design and manufacture.
- To define and introduce new products.
- To provide technical support to other departments within the company.
- To maintain company product and materials specification systems.
- To maintain product data via ERP item master, bill of material and routing files.
- To maintain libraries of technical data relating to products, materials and components.
- To maintain technical equipment and perform product testing.
- Organise manufacture of new product samples.
The Primary Requirements for the Product Support Technician:
- A formal qualification in engineering ONC (NVQ level 3) or above (including basic electronics knowledge).
- Be Self-motivation and have good attention to detail.
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels (both internally and externally)
- Good PC skills, particularly MS Word and MS Excel.
- Experience of basic electronics hand-assembly.
This Product Support & Test Technician role is commutable from: Stowmarket, Thetford, Bury St Edmunds, Braintree, Newmarket
Probe Recruitment is looking to appoint Trainee Recruitment Consultants to join our growing and successful team.
Ideally you will be driven, a quick learner, hardworking and resilient, as these traits will enable a Trainee Recruitment Consultant to quickly build a successful patch and grow their earnings.
Some of the features that a Trainee Recruitment Consultant can expect from working for Probe include:
- An Outstanding Commission Scheme – You could earn up to 30% on the fees that you generate, and you can earn commission on 100% of your billings.
- Highly Competitive Basic Salaries – Commensurate with experience.
- A Structured Career Development Pathway – To Team Manager or Principal level.
- A Highly Knowledgeable Team - You will work with some highly experienced and successful Consultants, some of whom have worked here for over 21 years.
- Reduce Your Daily Commute - If you live in North Birmingham, you could cut the time and cost of going into the city each day.
- Free Car Parking Provided
- Pension & Healthcare Provided – After a short qualifying period.
- An Excellent Working Environment – This is a very friendly office culture, and we adopt a mature approach to KPI management.
- Incentives - We run a regular individual and team-based incentives, where you can win prizes and Michelin Star meals. We also value and reward longevity with long service awards.
If you are a driven individual, ideally with some sales experience, and would like to be become a Trainee Recruitment Consultant, I’d be very keen to discuss this opportunity with you in greater detail.
You can initiate that conversation by applying via this advertisement, or you can call or contact me directly – email@example.com / 0121 321 4311.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Technical Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994
We are currently recruiting for an international organisation based in Manchester in their search for a Machine Shop Team Leader to join their already established team.
The right individual will be responsible for a team of CNC Millers & Setters. This is an exciting opportunity to join a organisation that continues to Grow and Invest.
We are looking for a Ambitious forward thinking individual who holds desire to make continuous changes to carry the business forward.
Benefits on offer to the Machine shop Team-leader
- Salary: £31,000 - £33,000
- Great Pension
- 25+8days holiday
- Life Assurance
- Health care
- Company Bonus
- Double Days – When working the Afternoon Shift Every Friday Off
Ideally the Machine shop Team-leader will have the following:
- Previous experience within a Senior / Team-Leaders role.
- Manage the Teams Attendance and Development
- Ensure Health and Safety in Maintained within the Team.
- Identify and develop manufacturing improvements and Procedures
- Assist with problem solving and any issues that arise on site.
- Previous experience within a Similar role
- Experience with 3,4 & 5 AXIS vertical machining
- Knowledge of operating CMM Machines
- Practical experience of manufacturing techniques
- Previous experience in Operating a CNC / CMM Machines
- Checking of drawing where required when using CMM Machines
- Hold a formal Engineering qualification
This Machine Shop Team Leader role is commutable from: Stretford / Sale / Stockport / Salford
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Support since 1994
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a QUALITY MANAGER.
Do you have experience as a QUALITY MANAGER? Would you like to be part of a busy, friendly, manufacturing organisation, where, as their QUALITY MANAGER, you will lead an existing team to develop and maintain the quality culture and processes.
This is a special opportunity based on the beautiful Isle of Bute, whether you are looking to relocate or commute from the mainland via ferry.
Quality Manager Role Benefits:
- Up to £30,000 salary
- 31 days holiday, inc Bank Holidays.
- Company Pension
- Relocation Package
DUTIES OF THE QUALITY MANAGER:
The role is responsible for all Operational Quality requirements, ensuring compliance at a site level to the QMS and accountability for compliant release of product, working to BSI EN 9100 and 9001.
Your Main Duties Will Be To
- Demonstrate and lead a quality compliance culture setting the required quality standards for product and processes as well as identifying and driving continuous improvement to quality systems / processes
- Manage the company QMS processes and infrastructure to ensure continued compliance and fitness for purpose.
- Line manage the Inspection department.
- Communicate and coordinate significant quality issues including completing impact assessments and decisions on product disposition.
- Manage and host external audits for global certification purposes.
- Head up the introduction and maintenance of 5S systems across the company.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE QUALITY MANAGER
- Education to degree level or above preferably with experience of working in an electronics product environment or similar at Quality Manager level.
- Knowledge and experience of working to BSI 9001 as a minimum, ideally with experience of BSI EN 9100.
- Experience of managing and hosting competent authorities, notifying regulatory bodies and customer audits.
- Experience of managing and developing a high performing team and working as part of an executive team.
The QUALITY MANAGER position is based on the Isle of Bute and is commutable by Ferry at Wemyss Bay for candidates commuting from the Greenock region. Whether you live locally or seeking relocation, I would be keen to discuss this unique opportunity with you.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Support since 1994
Project Engineer - Chemical Plant Process Equipment
We have an opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer with equipment and machinery installation and site plant layout design exposure, to join a Midlands based Project Management Office.
Project Engineer Salary & Package:
- £35,000 - £50,000 D.O.E
- 33 Days Holidays (Inc Bank Holidays)
- 37 Hour Week (1pm Finish Fridays)
- Company Expenses
- Company Laptop
- Company Mobile
- Career Development Scheme
- Complete Project Ownership
The company supply machinery and complete turnkey Plant System Designs for customers all over the world and have a proud history for creating and installing working solutions for their customers within quick and cost effective timelines.
Based in the Midlands office the role will work with internal and external partners to create layout plans and drawings and facilitate the collective delivery of machinery and ancillary equipment to customers sites within agreed timelines.
The company as a global group are seeing some fantastic growth in customers’ demands for new machinery and the need to for a complete turnkey system design and installation service.
The position will require experience of working in either a Chemical / Pharmaceutical or Food Process environment and have a strong knowledge of ancillary support equipment and processes.
2D & 3D CAD Design to create P&ID’s and 3D Visualisations will play a big part of role, along with working out complex engineering solutions to ensure, Pump, Hydraulics, Waste Management, Platform and Dust and Fume Extractions Systems can be built to the bespoke needs of each individual project,
A good working knowledge of HAZOP’s, ATEX and H&S procedures and ratings within a Chemical Process Production environment is essential, along with the latest safety standards relating to working on-site and in hazardous environments.
The right candidate for the role of Project Engineer will have the following:
- A formal engineering qualification in either Chemical or Mechanical Engineering (HND /Degree)
- Strong 2D & 3D Cad skills (AutoCAD / Inventor or similar)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of machinery and equipment site installation
- A minimum of 1 years recent experience of working in a Chemical Process Production environment
- A good understanding of ATEX and HAZAOP’s Ratings and Standards
- Excellence Communication Skills
- Willingness to travel internationally (6 – 10 times a years)
- Excellent Project Management Skills
- Strong IT Skills
- Good Presentation and Report Writing Skills
This is a great opportunity for a Project Engineer who may have already gained 3 years experience in industry and is now seeking a step up, or a more experienced individual who is seeking more work variety, job security and a new challenge.
This Project Engineer role is Commutable from: Tamworth, Birmingham, Lichfield, Derby, Leicester, Cannock, Coventry, Stafford.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Design, R&D & Projects Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994
We have an opportunity for a Production Planner to join a manufacturing consumer goods company in the Shropshire area that is seeing a high-level of growth in 2021.
The role of Production Planner will work within the Production Control Department and will be responsible for planning resources for the assembly line and supply chain analysis.
The position will also provide an effective supervisory role for the Data and Production Control entry clerks and will collate the schedule of meeting reports.
Production Planner Benefits:
- Salary £25,000 - £27,200
- 31 Days Holiday Inc Bank Holidays
- Work in a Covid-safe adapted working environment
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Cover
- Pay Care Health Cash Plan
- Free Car Parking and Safe Bike Store
- Subsidised Restaurant
- Training and career development opportunities for all staff
- Access to onsite Medical Advice
- Product staff discount
- Perks At Work staff discount membership
- Staff bonus scheme related to performance
- Full training is provided and further career development.
- 39 hrs a week (Mon-Thur 8am to 5.15pm and Fridays 8am to 12 noon)
Main Duties of a Production Planner:
- Coordinating the preparation of Operating Planning.
- Advising on schedule trends and proposing changes as necessary to meet both their customer requirements and the company’s objectives with regard to efficiency.
- Coordination of the daily schedules for the Assembly area, advising any deviation from the schedule and proposed recovery plans.
- Coordinate the daily work of the Production Planning department in-line with the company objectives.
- Control and Planning of promotion activities, ensuring the Quality, Cost and Delivery requirements are met.
- Issue of monthly reports to the Departmental Manager detailing achievement against schedule and results of monthly activities.
- Ensure that all areas have up to date Procedures and Training Manuals and that staff have received on the job training.
- Assist in the running out of components effected by an ECN.
- Promote the culture of Continuous and Improvement and 5’s throughout the department.
- Produce accurate, quality results first time with the minimum of supervision.
- Ensure the section is kept tidy and promote 5S/5W activities.
- Compliance with all SOX, ISO9001 & ISO14001 procedures and regulations.
Production Planner Requirements:
- Qualified to ‘A level’ or equivalent standard
- A good understanding of MRP Systems
- Computer Literate (Excel)
- Experience in working in a Production Planning Department.
- Experience of working in a high-volume manufacturing company.
This is a great opportunity to join a modern fast pace organisation where staff training and career development are on offer for all employees.
This Production Planner's role is Commutable from: Telford, Wolverhampton, Stourbridge, Shrewsbury, Stafford, Newtown
We are looking for a PROCESS MANAGER to fullfill a very special and specific role, within a large, long established manufacturing organisation in the Birmingham area.
As the PROCESS MANAGER, you will be given responsibility for process safety and efficiencies within a specific department and as their PROCESS MANAGER, you will be part of a huge independent, family owned organisation, where you would enjoy long-term career prospects and stability.
- 25 days holidays
- Pleasant working hours
- Free life assurance
- Stakeholder Pension
- Voluntary medical cash benefit plan
- Working directly with the Senior Management team
- A genuine chance to make an impact
- Long term stability
DUTIES OF THE PROCESS MANAGER
- Safety testing on existing processes and process modifications
- Safety testing on new products coming through
- Support production with trouble shooting
- Instigate improvements in the current manufacturing processes
- Deputise for the New Products Manager
- Assist in SHE investigations with regards to any deviations within processing
REQUIREMENT OF THE PROCESS MANAGER
- It is essential that you have a Degree in Chemistry
- Previous testing experience of new and existing processes
- It would be beneficial for you to have previous Project Management skills
- Extremely important that you have strong inter-personal and communication skills
This is a superb opportunity to be part of this family owned, long established business.
The role is commutable from Walsall, Wolverhampton, Sutton Coldfield, Worcester, Telford, Birmingham and Aldridge
Starting from humble beginnings over 30 years ago, this business has grown to be known as a specialist and successful manufacturer and supplier to hundreds of customers and projects in the residential, commercial and industrial sectors.
Over this period, they have invested significantly in plant and resource so that they have the best in manufacturing processes and supply operation.
Salary, Hours and Benefits
- £30,000 - £40,000
- Between 40 – 45 hours per week, to be discussed
- Company bonus
- Great career progression for the right individual
- Easy, accessible location in Leicester
- Competitive pension
- Onsite Parking
- Christmas shutdown
Production Scheduler Role Responsibilities
As a Production Scheduler you will be responsible for the organisation of how the company manufactures items, distributes product and utilises labour. Duties will also include:
- Effectively plan and schedule Works Orders through the factory to ensure that the scheduling process is delivering maximum productivity.
- Constantly monitoring the schedule, ensuring workstations are not being overloaded.
- Manipulation of schedule dates, to ensure correct loading and meeting of customer demands, communicating with sales team on any changes.
- Ensuring resource is available for schedule or organising suitable subcontract process.
- You will be involved in developing the scheduling process, through looking at ways of improving and streamlining the current scheduling mode.
- Be a key member of the production team, that is looking to deliver high quality product, on time every time.
Production Scheduler Candidate Requirements
- It is essential that you have experience of working in a fast moving, time critical, ever changing, customer service focused environment.
- Can prioritise demands and work under pressure.
- Work to deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy.
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills and deliver effective interaction with all internal and external stakeholders. You will have the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders and ensure best practice prevails.
- Must demonstrate proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Must be able to work flexible hours when required to meet customer demands.
Commutable From: Leicester, Coventry, Hinckley, Nuneaton, Rugby, Tamworth
A busy, dynamic, fast paced manufacturing company, requires a PRODUCTION ADMINISTRATOR & maybe now that the outlook is looking far sunnier than of recent times, you may be contemplating that this might just be the right time to start to look for a fresh opportunity.
This PRODUCTION ADMINISTRATOR role is available for an experienced, enthusiastic, ambitious, and energetic individual.
You will be representing the department, as their PRODUCITON ADMINISTRATOR, providing administrative duties and liaising with external and internal customers.
- Fast paced, expanding, busy manufacturing environment
- Exciting prospects
- Super stability and consistent orders
- Excellent Pension and holidays
- Busy, friendly manufacturing organisation
- A genuine chance to make an impact
- Insurance schemes available
DUTIES OF THE PRODUCTION ADMINISTRATOR
- Represent the Company with internal and external customers
- Planning and organisation workload to meet deadlines
- Ensure all supplier delivery paperwork, test certificates are checked against PO’s
- Review orders to be processed
- Print off job sheets and review stock allocations
- Pass to Production Planning, any special instructions
- Compile raw material data and extract data to the SAP system
- Maintain Production consumables
- Raise PO’s
- Assist with Audits
- Support the Production department with general admin
REQUIREMENT OF THE PRODUCTION ADMINISTRATOR
- To have previously worked in a similar role within a manufacturing / logistics environment
- Knowledge of Sap would be advantageous but not essential as training will be given for the right person
- Advance skills on Microsoft Office tools, Outlook, and Excel
- Strong administrative skills
- This would suit an energetic person, who is keen to achieve and who positively thrives under pressure
- Strong communication skills would be essential.
The role is commutable from Coventry, Redditch, Warwick, Leamington Spa and Birmingham
A chemical specialists in the Walsall area are currently seeking a Technical Process Engineer to join their research and testing team.
The company support a range of industry sectors with specialist finishing and coatings and each of their projects are required to go through rigours testing and proving procedures.
Based within the research team and reporting to the Technical Manager, the role will carry out a range of functions that will offer a successful candidate a mixture of a variety of projects and new professional challenges on a regular basis.
- 8am-5pm Mon-Thursday, Friday 8am-4pm
- 30 Days Holidays Including Bank Holidays
The primary tasks and responsibilities of a Technical Process Engineer (Chemical)
- Analysis of all processes in line with schedules or as workload dictates
- Monitor & Maintain effluent plant Inc. Chemical Waste Management
- Add or advise on chemicals to be added to production line baths
- Assist to maintain logs for chemical additions and inventory
- Ensure all Product testing & Development Matrixes are completed as required
- Product development Inc. the preparation & testing of paint test panels, Sample parts & testing as required
- Mixing of Paint for Production Processes
- Maintaining the Laboratory Procedures & Records Inc. Salt spray equipment and testing, issuing of test reports.
- Maintaining Legionella control by testing & chemical treatment as required
- Maintain electronic laboratory record system.
- Oven control Monitoring and oven mapping when required.
- Assisting in the monitoring of ISO 14001
- Champion the internal day to day management of samples through development/production to achieve customers or internal deadlines
The following job functions are not all-inclusive and Job duties may change as required by needs of the company. The employee will also be trained and prepared to deputise in the absence of the Technical Manager.
Experience and Qualifications for Technical Process Engineer
- The Technical Process Engineer position requires a good standard of education (Degree / HND / HNC) in a technical subject.
- Chemistry or chemical qualifications would be a distinct advantage
- A minimum of twelve months Metal finishing experience.
- A Technical / Process Engineering qualification would be a distinct advantage.
- Basic computer skills are required (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Current & Valid Driving Licence
Please note that this role is a full hands-on Lab and Process Testing position, where operating in physical testing environments and the use of chemicals will be a daily part of the position
The position will offer a successful applicant job variety and training with the responsibility to deputise for the department manager.
Commutable from: Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Cannock, Lichfield, Dudley West Bromwich, Telford
This is an exciting opportunity, with an internationally recognised business, who are truly passionate about what they do. Their team pioneer change in the industry and have a strong commitment to driving transformational innovation in all of their products, which are the best in the world for design, technology and performance – they are setting the standard for the industry.
Due to continued business expansion and a record-breaking year, they are looking to recruit an experienced Supply Chain Manager to help ensure the continuity, consistent supply and delivery of products through their established Supply Chain function.
Working within the senior engineering management team (EMT), the successful candidate will have overall responsibility for the key functions of procurement and mass production, supply chain, inventory control, Far East consolidation and warehousing, UK logistics and warehousing. As Supply Chain Manager you may on occasion be required to travel between UK sites and suppliers overseas.
- Company performance and individual bonuses
- 33 days holiday
- Sick pay
- Death in service cover
- Unique, relaxed environment
- Casual dress code
This Role is Commutable From: Northampton, Wellingborough, Rugby, Kettering, Bedford, Milton Keynes
Supply Chain Manager's Key Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for the supply chain and managing the Supply Chain Team.
- The hands-on management of the continuity and consistency of supply and inventory control of company product and management of supply chain and inventory KPIs. Working in accordance with OEM strategy.
- Day to day monitoring of the OEM, logistics and 3PL performance and prompt intervention where required.
- Strategic management of UK and Far East warehousing and shipping functions in conjunction with the Sales and Finance departments.
- Maintenance of the current UK premises and planning for future requirements. Periodic overseas visits to OEMs as required. Maintain regular contact with all key OEMs, logistical and service suppliers.
- Working with the EMT on planning and implementation of mass production of new products and colour specials.
- Gross Margin improvement via cost control/down and improvements in the logistics and supply chain. Maintain the risk register and risk mitigation in respect of single source components.
Experience / Knowledge
- Client is looking for a charismatic, driven, passionate Supply Chain Manager who is looking to cement a long-term role with them. This role is key to the smooth running of their business operation.
- Academic background with HND or above in a business studies/management accounting, or a manufacturing / engineering subject.
- Experience of working in a ‘mass production’ environment in the Consumer Electronics sector with experience of ERP systems and reporting.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, experience communicating with Asia territory suppliers, and a proven track record of negotiation skills, ideally with Far Eastern manufacturers.
- Experience of managing a supply chain with the main manufacturing based in the Far East. Liaising with logistics companies, key component suppliers and Far Eastern OEMs on logistical and supply issues.
- Working within a KPI (Key Performance Indicator) structure.
- Managing all aspects of the supply chain to ensure smooth running, timely resolution of issues and quick reaction to urgent issues with versatile problem-solving skills.
- A love for Guitars or the music industry would be a big advantage.