As finance continues to look towards a future of doing more with less, the importance of recruiting and retaining finance professionals with the right commercial ability has never been more important.
The success and effectiveness of recruiting finance individuals for your business at an appropriate level of professional qualification and industry background is paramount and we should never forget the importance of employing candidates with the drive and ambition to support your immediate and long term needs.
Accountancy and Finance provides Professionally Qualified (CIMA, ACCA, GMAC, and ACA) permanent, interim and contact staff. These appointments range from Part-Qualified through to Finance Directors and CFO’s with many years PQE. We also supply accounting support staff across the finance function.
If you would like a confidential discussion surrounding strategic hiring for your organisation or your own career path we would be delighted to hear from you to determine how our services can assist you in finding the right solution so please call us on 0121 321 4311
5 Jobs Found
This Management Accountant role is a Full Time permanent position, offering an excellent salary, 28 days holiday, Contributory Pension and Free Parking. You will be working for a leading manufacturer / supplier of a bespoke product on a national basis.
As the Management Accountant - you will be working for a very well-established business who have a national presence and are a leader in their field! They are a growing / expanding business who have an outstanding reputation for Excellence and Quality in their product and customer service.
As the Management Accountant, your duties will include:
- Extensive experience of working as a Management Accountant or similar
- Preparation of period management accounts.
- Processing prepayments and accruals.
- Actioning Bank and nominal reconciliations.
- Analysing and reporting of period end cost centre reports.
- Liaising with key Senior Management team throughout the Group, agreeing cost allocations
- Administering fixed asset accounting.
- Deal with ad hoc queries from operational sites.
- Liaise with the auditors, bank and any other key Finance authorities as required
- Conduct regular site visits within the Group across England and Scotland.
- Management of migration of existing accounting systems to Sage 200 for various sites as required
- Support team with any other financial task as required and within your skill set.
I would be very keen to speak with you if you have:
- Previous experience as a Management Accountant or similar
- You must possess an AAT, CIMA, ACCA qualification or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels and areas within the business.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in a multi-site business would be an advantage.
- Flexibility to travel to other sites within the UK
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office programmes especially Excel spreadsheets.
- Be familiar with finance packages, knowledge of SAGE 200 would be an advantage.
Benefits package for the Project Team Administrator contract role:
- Excellent Salary
- 28 days Holiday
- Contributory Pension
- Free Parking
To find out more about this fabulous opportunity, please send your CV ASAP.
A leading Sutton Coldfield business is seeking to recruit a Revenue Accountant on a fixed term basis to cover maternity leave.
The Revenue Accountant will be responsible for aspects of revenue accounting of the UK businesses. Duties will cover areas of billing, revenue and orderbook analysis, revenue budgeting and forecasting, development of revenue and margin KPIs, sales controls and processes, business partnering with sales and operations to interpret and explain performance, and trends and issues.
- Monthly Audit of all new business from manual audits
- Monthly billing of the UK businesses
- Calculation and raising of supplier purchase orders for commissions
- Dealing with customer billing queries
- Explanation and analysis of monthly pivot table highlighting causes of variances eg back billing, credit notes volume, cancellations, new business, etc.
- PMO management and reporting
- Logging of operational time in Oracle NetSuite
- Training users to ensure data is timely and accurate
- Understanding the PMO report and taking actions to accelerate revenue recognition. Putting ideas forward and issues to management.
- Managing the Deferred and Accrued revenue schedule, reviewing with management and actively managing revenue recognition.
- Ensure the business is prepared for the annual audit to evidence revenue recognised, deferred income schedules and justifications.
- Monthly reporting of Revenue including won/lost business, volume movements, credit notes in month and YTD projection for next 12 months and commentary on trends
- Monthly variance analysis by stream and division vs budget and forecasts
- Analysis and reporting on volume usage month by month
- Developing the set of KPI’s used to track trends in revenue earnt
- Working with business units to understand trading models, pricing and potential improvements to revenue.
- Identifying weakness in the trading model, highlighting control or customer issues and recommending appropriate action to fix. Liaising with CFO/Commercial Director to maintain a tight trading framework.
- Calculate the quarterly sales commission due to Sales/Account Management staff and help develop the sales commission model.
- Assist in moving CRM into Oracle NetSuite and training users
- Oracle NetSuite - continue to automate the revenue model through Oracle NetSuite, recommend changes/improvements, develop NetSuite reports around Revenue and margin and be the NetSuite champion for revenue matters.
- Budgets and Forecasts - work with divisional heads to put together Revenue and Margins budget and re-forecasts.
- Other ad hoc duties.
- Be proficient in Oracle NetSuite and have knowledge of Sage Financials
- Have good spreadsheet skills and working knowledge of MS Excel and Word - VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables etc
- Preferably AAT qualified / part qualified ACMA or CIMA
My client is seeking to recruit a Payroll Specialist on a 7-month fixed term contract. The role is part-time 16 - 20 hours.
The Payroll Specialist will process and manage the company's payroll calculating wages based on hours worked and administer payments. The goal is to ensure employees receive the correct compensation on time. Proven experience as Payroll Specialist with a solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages, LOS and any other reports required for the department and or business
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analysing information
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Issuing tax forms (e.g. P45's, P60's)
- Collation of payroll information from relevant departments
- Check employee timesheets/clock cards, calculate overtime and holiday pay alongside any other payments due
- Process employee payroll including the calculation and processing of all relevant deductions
- Statutory calculations such us maternity pay, sick pay etc.
- Processing of pension contributions and enrolment of eligible employees into company pension scheme and pension administration
- Processing AOEs and HMRC submissions
- Inputting absence and collation of absence data
- Checking payslips and reports at payroll validation and rectifying identified issues
- Payroll reporting
- Processing of new starters and leavers
- Posting of payroll journals
- Conducting compliance checks
- Providing advice and support to employees with pay or pension queries
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
The successful Payroll Specialist will have:
- Good excel skills
- Experience of working within a payroll function
- Knowledge of HMRC regulations and their application to the payroll function
- Experience of working to strict deadlines
We are currently recruiting for the Financial Controller for a manufacturing company based in Tamworth. Part of a global group the company are specialists in their field and are undergoing several new developments. The ideal candidate will be an ACCA/CIMA qualified (or equivalent) accountant with previous experience working in a manufacturing environment. You will be responsible for the plant finance function ensuring all statutory reporting requirements are met while providing strategic support to the business from a commercial perspective. Reporting to the Plant Manager you will be responsible for managing a small finance team.
The Financial Controller’s duties will include:
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Preparing budgets
- Financial strategic planning
- Monthly management accounts
- Business partnering
- Cost accounting
- Commercial reporting
- Leading and motivating a small finance team
- The ability to work to tight financial reporting deadlines is imperative for this role. You must be adaptable to change with excellent leadership and communication skills. My client offers an exceptional working environment and an attractive benefits package.
A leading global business is seeking to recruit an ambitious part qualified Management Accountant to support the senior management team in completing financial analysis and the management of the cost accounting system.
As Management Accountant you will be responsible for the following;
- Monthly cost reporting
- Variance analysis
- Reconciliation of Inter Company payable accounts
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register
- Maintain accurate standard and current cost system
- Profit plan and departmental budgets
- Report and analyse expenses, sale volumes, payroll costs, capital expenditures, cost of purchases, etc.
The successful Management Accountant will ideally have the following:
- Part-qualified CIMA, ACCA or equivalent
- US GAAP / SOX experience an advantage
- Experience of preparing monthly management accounts.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills