As finance continues to look towards a future of doing more with less, the importance of recruiting and retaining finance professionals with the right commercial ability has never been more important.
The success and effectiveness of recruiting finance individuals for your business at an appropriate level of professional qualification and industry background is paramount and we should never forget the importance of employing candidates with the drive and ambition to support your immediate and long term needs.
Accountancy and Finance provides Professionally Qualified (CIMA, ACCA, GMAC, and ACA) permanent, interim and contact staff. These appointments range from Part-Qualified through to Finance Directors and CFO’s with many years PQE. We also supply accounting support staff across the finance function.
If you would like a confidential discussion surrounding strategic hiring for your organisation or your own career path we would be delighted to hear from you to determine how our services can assist you in finding the right solution so please call us on 0121 321 4311
6 Jobs Found
My client is seeking to recruit a Payroll Specialist on a 7-month fixed term contract. The role is part-time 16 - 20 hours.
The Payroll Specialist will process and manage the company's payroll calculating wages based on hours worked and administer payments. The goal is to ensure employees receive the correct compensation on time. Proven experience as Payroll Specialist with a solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages, LOS and any other reports required for the department and or business
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analysing information
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Issuing tax forms (e.g. P45's, P60's)
- Collation of payroll information from relevant departments
- Check employee timesheets/clock cards, calculate overtime and holiday pay alongside any other payments due
- Process employee payroll including the calculation and processing of all relevant deductions
- Statutory calculations such us maternity pay, sick pay etc.
- Processing of pension contributions and enrolment of eligible employees into company pension scheme and pension administration
- Processing AOEs and HMRC submissions
- Inputting absence and collation of absence data
- Checking payslips and reports at payroll validation and rectifying identified issues
- Payroll reporting
- Processing of new starters and leavers
- Posting of payroll journals
- Conducting compliance checks
- Providing advice and support to employees with pay or pension queries
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
The successful Payroll Specialist will have:
- Good excel skills
- Experience of working within a payroll function
- Knowledge of HMRC regulations and their application to the payroll function
- Experience of working to strict deadlines
This Accounts Assistant role is PART TIME – 3 Days per week!! It offers: Summer Bonus, Christmas Bonus, Good Pension, 28 days holiday (incl B/Hols) This is a fabulous opportunity if you are looking for a well-established, growing company and if you are looking to being part of a great, supportive team!
As the Accounts Assistant - you will be working for a very well-established business who have been established for over 30 years and are leaders in their field! They are a growing / expanding business who have a great team comradery within the business. Every employee makes a difference and is valued.
As the Accounts Assistant, your duties will include:
- A good all-round transactional accounts role including;
- Purchase Ledger
- Credit Control
- Sales Ledger
- Bank Reconciliations
- Other Administrative duties as required
I would be very excited to speak with you if you have:
- Previous good all-round experience as an Accounts Assistant
- Experience with Purchase Ledger/Sales Ledger and Credit Control is essential
- Good Systems experience, (NAV exp would be beneficial but not essential)
- Excellent IT skills, including Excel and spreadsheet experience
- Excellent communication skills
- A good team spirit - willing to help colleagues where possible.
Benefits package for the Accounts Assistant:
- Part time Hours - 3 days per week!!
- Bonus Scheme - Christmas AND Summer - based on company performance
- 28 days holiday (incl 8 Bank hols)
- Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
To find out more about this fabulous opportunity, please send your CV ASAP.
We are currently recruiting for the Financial Controller for a manufacturing company based in Tamworth. Part of a global group the company are specialists in their field and are undergoing several new developments. The ideal candidate will be an ACCA/CIMA qualified (or equivalent) accountant with previous experience working in a manufacturing environment. You will be responsible for the plant finance function ensuring all statutory reporting requirements are met while providing strategic support to the business from a commercial perspective. Reporting to the Plant Manager you will be responsible for managing a small finance team.
The Financial Controller’s duties will include:
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Preparing budgets
- Financial strategic planning
- Monthly management accounts
- Business partnering
- Cost accounting
- Commercial reporting
- Leading and motivating a small finance team
- The ability to work to tight financial reporting deadlines is imperative for this role. You must be adaptable to change with excellent leadership and communication skills. My client offers an exceptional working environment and an attractive benefits package.
A leading global business is seeking to recruit an ambitious part qualified Management Accountant to support the senior management team in completing financial analysis and the management of the cost accounting system.
As Management Accountant you will be responsible for the following;
- Monthly cost reporting
- Variance analysis
- Reconciliation of Inter Company payable accounts
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register
- Maintain accurate standard and current cost system
- Profit plan and departmental budgets
- Report and analyse expenses, sale volumes, payroll costs, capital expenditures, cost of purchases, etc.
The successful Management Accountant will ideally have the following:
- Part-qualified CIMA, ACCA or equivalent
- US GAAP / SOX experience an advantage
- Experience of preparing monthly management accounts.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
An established global brand is seeking to recruit a Payroll Specialist. Reporting to the UK Payroll Manager you the Payroll Specialist will is responsible for supporting and providing a full in-house managed payroll service for all UK sites.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The key responsibilities are:-
- Process monthly payroll for multi-site payrolls including pensions, benefits, PAYE, NI, court orders - payroll size approximately 1,000 employees
- In-line with the payroll calendar and payroll procedures, input in an accurate and timely manner all required payroll elements (basic pay, tax, national insurance, pension, BACS and such) for all new hires, transfers, promotions and terminations
- Maintain payroll system wage types and records to support the business and legal requirements - wages, benefits, sickness, vacation plus all contractual requirements
- Support process improvements, identify and assist implementation of efficiencies, system integration and elimination of duplicate data handling
- Complete Year End data in line with HMRC guidelines - includes P60’s, P11d’s and all other requirements as directed by HMRC and UK authorities
- Liaise with Site HR across all sites to ensure a smooth and efficient payroll
- Support the Payroll Manager to ensure compliance in all areas
- Assist in preparing monthly KPI’s for review with Payroll Manager, Site HR and Group HRIS
- Support Site HR teams and act as a key user for the ADP GlobalView TM and Payroll systems - providing improvements, advice, training and guidance to users
- Complete User Acceptance Tests (UAT) for all payroll related change requests
The ideal candidate will have
- Qualified professional - Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP) at Certificate level
- High level of computer literacy - excel, word, PowerPoint
- 3-5 years’ experience and high level of skill with payroll and time management systems a requirement
- SAP/ADP system experience and knowledge a preference (ADP GlobalView)
- Experience within a shared service centre environment
About Our Client
Our client is the UK subsidiary of a leading global manufacturing business.
Reporting to the MD, you will be required to drive improvements in systems, processes and controls, enhancing financial reporting and planning. You will be responsible for all finance decisions that affect the UK business.
Key Duties include:
- Provide strategic and operational financial leadership.
- Ensure all financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation.
- Manage year end statutory accounts and audit process.
- Management of the annual budgeting process.
- Oversee financial accounting and treasury functions ensuring financial control processes are adhered to.
- Lead and develop the finance team.
- Involvement in all financial planning, financial accounting control.
- Ensuring the provision of appropriate financial information e.g. monthly management reporting to the board.
- Identify key risks and opportunities.
- Ability to act as a business partner to the MD and senior management team, providing strategic, analytical and business support.
- Provide all supporting analysis to validate strategy and business plan.
- Treasury and cash flow management
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for fully qualified ACA/ACCA or ACMA Accountant with a proven track record in a finance leadership role, ideally within an automotive manufacturing business. You will have strong financial controls experience and be experienced in developing financial management systems, procedures and controls.
You will be comfortable supervising and developing a small finance team. You will have "handson" approach and happy to get into the detail but also have the ability to contribute at Board level offering your strategic and commercial acumen. You will demonstrate the ability to positively communicate with colleagues, customers and suppliers in order to form and maintain good working relationships.