Our Design / Research & Development Resource Team are equipped and experienced specialists in searching and sourcing relevant engineers at all levels. This team consists of experienced consultants supported by a specialist sector researcher, covering all aspects of the needs and demands of a modern engineering customer base, from blue sky concept design, research and development, right through to design for product launch.
The name of Probe in the marketplace has developed an excellent reputation for quality thus ensuring that our clients come back tous having benefited from our superb service in the past. We also attract the very best engineers around due to finding the best positions, should they be Contract or Permanent, because we have the vacancies they are looking for.
Having one of the largest databases of Design Engineers in the UK also means that we attract a very large portfolio of companies who regularly tap into our vast resources and professional expertise.
How have we achieved this?
Probe started life in 1994 as a Design House and built up a very strong database of companies requiring a design service and have since gained an enviable reputation for quality and service. This progressed naturally to supplying client companies with designers on site and thus provided us a very natural progression into Recruitment as we fully understand our clients and candidates needs.
Today Probe offers a wide range of options that support all aspects of modern R&D needs that go far beyond just sending a CV and gives a service that is aimed at providing solutions for immediate, medium and long-term customer needs.
This service is aimed at providing contractual and permanent engineers at short notice, to work either on or off site. These engineers have all been interviewed and screened for their qualifications, suitability and experience and many have a strong working history supporting our customers with their project workloads. This service can be either provided on a Contingency (No Win-No Fee), Retained Assignment or Executive Search basis.
The Complete Design Solution - 'Man & Box'
Not only can we find the right staff for our clients but we can also supply the 3D CAD software on site. We appreciate that not all companies have as many seats of CAD as they would like, hence, if the job needs to be done quickly we can provide the complete solution of ‘Man and Box’.
Key Areas of specialism:-
- 2D & 3D CAD Design, Modelling & Detailing on all the major CAD packages (Product / Mechanical / Styling / Electro-Mechanical)
- Electrical & Electronic Development / Test & Design
- Finite Element Analysis , Hand Calculations, Linear, Non-Linear - Dynamic, Static
- Mathematical and Simulation Software
- CFD - Thermal, Fluid, Flow Analysis and Dynamics
- NVH - Noise and Modal Analysis
- Research and Development / Test Engineering - Durability, Calibration, Test , Control and Feasibility
- Project Engineering / Management - Concept / Prototype / Process / Value Engineering / Design
- Senior Department Heads – Engineering / Design / Test / Development
If you would like a confidential discussion surrounding strategic hiring for your organisation or your own career path we would be delighted to hear from you to determine how our services can assist you in finding the right solution so please call us on 0121 321 4311
2 Jobs Found
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Design Manager to join this exciting business that is being considered for Best Employer in the Norfolk Business Awards 2019
The Design Manager reports to the Director/Owner and Founder and takes responsibility for the small and talented design team of four, to achieve amazing things.
This is a concept to production role - they don't just design it they make it too. You will be expected to support, mentor and guide their designers to ensure that products are costed, designed and created in the most efficient and cost-effective way to meet customers’ expectations.
Package and Benefits:
• £40,000 - £45,000 Dependent on Experience
• 33 days holiday
• Your birthday off
• Free parking
• Plus, several other employee benefits
Design Manager Key Responsibilities:
To design and develop designs from design briefs supplied by customers/sales staff covering:
- Innovative conceptual thinking / ideas
- R&D of ideas for new products
- R&D of systems and methods of production
- Liaising closely will sales staff to understand and develop ideas
- Direct contact with customers
- Initial concepts / sketches
- Initial design drawings for costing purposes
- Produce 3D visuals and presentation documents
- Overseeing production of prototypes
- Value engineering of designs
To specify materials, fixings and construction methods and setting appropriate standards for these including:
- Working closely with approved suppliers to specify/understand production methods
- Understand material limitations and correct use
- An understanding of cost management
To work with team to compile quotes including:
- Producing and sending drawings direct to approved suppliers
- Requesting costs direct from approved suppliers
- Compiling costs and completing costing’s documents
- Ensuring sound cost management principles are applied
To manage, organise and assist with any prototyping process for new products including:
- Organise prototypes with suppliers
- Liaise with production staff on assembly methods
- Review and make changes as required
Design Manager Person Specification:
- This is a hugely varied role and pressured at times. You must be commercially astute and a strong leader; skilled at building relationships with a full concept to production skill set.
- The Design Manager will have around 10 years design experience with proven managerial skills. You will be familiar with a variety of production techniques as well as 3D CAD, preferably Solidworks
Commutable from Cambridge, Norwich, Bury St Edmunds, Wisbech, Kings Lynn, Wymondham
This is an excellent opportunity and your chance to join a talented, vibrant and creative design team. Client is a recognised market leading supplier, who design, develop and manufacture everything in the UK under one roof, from initial concept and manufacture through to delivery and installation.
They pride themselves on taking their client’s brief and ‘digging deeper’ to uncover their true needs and requirements. Using their talent for innovation and creativity they develop a bespoke solution that really delivers.
This role sits within the design engineering team and specialises in taking sketches and concepts and get them ready to produce. They look into costings and production efficiencies - making the products come alive.
- Study concepts and sketches, interpret and convert them into a manufacturable product
- Analyse designs and spot opportunities for efficiencies and savings
- Work with Sales and Design team to ensure that detailed designs and costing meet client requirements
- Produce technical drawings to production level
- Define the costs of the product for quote and contract. Ensure maximum efficiencies and performance for their customers and ease of production
- Liaise with suppliers to gain best price options for product
- Assist in all aspects of in-house manufacturing from prototypes through to mass production and installation and work closely with various departments within the business to ensure the production process runs smoothly
- Ideally you will have a minimum of 2-3 years design experience, with the ability to multitask and cope with wide variety of projects
- You will have excellent Solidworks skills
- Ability to sketch to help you convey your thoughts and to create technical drawings suitable for production and supporting technical documentation (instruction diagrams etc)
- Ability to use or willingness to learn Illustrator/Photoshop to support projects, with a good understanding of manufacturing process i.e. material requirements, structural limitations and construction methodologies
- Commercial understanding and in-depth knowledge of costing, pricing and operational delivery
- Experience of working with materials (wood, panel components, structural metal fabrication and sheet metal) and working with plastics
- You are hands on, happy to build and learn from your own creations, with excellent problem-solving abilities
Package and Benefits:
- Salary £25,000 with a host of employee benefits