Our Design / Research & Development Resource Team are equipped and experienced specialists in searching and sourcing relevant engineers at all levels. This team consists of experienced consultants supported by a specialist sector researcher, covering all aspects of the needs and demands of a modern engineering customer base, from blue sky concept design, research and development, right through to design for product launch.
The name of Probe in the marketplace has developed an excellent reputation for quality thus ensuring that our clients come back tous having benefited from our superb service in the past. We also attract the very best engineers around due to finding the best positions, should they be Contract or Permanent, because we have the vacancies they are looking for.
Having one of the largest databases of Design Engineers in the UK also means that we attract a very large portfolio of companies who regularly tap into our vast resources and professional expertise.
How have we achieved this?
Probe started life in 1994 as a Design House and built up a very strong database of companies requiring a design service and have since gained an enviable reputation for quality and service. This progressed naturally to supplying client companies with designers on site and thus provided us a very natural progression into Recruitment as we fully understand our clients and candidates needs.
Today Probe offers a wide range of options that support all aspects of modern R&D needs that go far beyond just sending a CV and gives a service that is aimed at providing solutions for immediate, medium and long-term customer needs.
This service is aimed at providing contractual and permanent engineers at short notice, to work either on or off site. These engineers have all been interviewed and screened for their qualifications, suitability and experience and many have a strong working history supporting our customers with their project workloads. This service can be either provided on a Contingency (No Win-No Fee), Retained Assignment or Executive Search basis.
The Complete Design Solution - 'Man & Box'
Not only can we find the right staff for our clients but we can also supply the 3D CAD software on site. We appreciate that not all companies have as many seats of CAD as they would like, hence, if the job needs to be done quickly we can provide the complete solution of ‘Man and Box’.
Key Areas of specialism:-
- 2D & 3D CAD Design, Modelling & Detailing on all the major CAD packages (Product / Mechanical / Styling / Electro-Mechanical)
- Electrical & Electronic Development / Test & Design
- Finite Element Analysis , Hand Calculations, Linear, Non-Linear - Dynamic, Static
- Mathematical and Simulation Software
- CFD - Thermal, Fluid, Flow Analysis and Dynamics
- NVH - Noise and Modal Analysis
- Research and Development / Test Engineering - Durability, Calibration, Test , Control and Feasibility
- Project Engineering / Management - Concept / Prototype / Process / Value Engineering / Design
- Senior Department Heads – Engineering / Design / Test / Development
If you would like a confidential discussion surrounding strategic hiring for your organisation or your own career path we would be delighted to hear from you to determine how our services can assist you in finding the right solution so please call us on 0121 321 4311
2 Jobs Found
An established Central Midlands based supplier to OEM’s who are about to expand their development and assembly facilities further in 2019 / 2020, are currently seeking Product Engineers to support Interiors Commodities projects. These projects require direct involvement from concept and virtual design, through to eventual sign off for manufacture and assembly.
The Product Engineer will be part of the core team of Engineers and Designers tasked with the Design, Development and Integration of various plastic parts and components that are often finished with a myriad of material options. These projects will often work in conjunction with the end whole vehicle developer, from the concept stage and will often be responsible for managing short notice changes to designs or manufacturing processes from the customer along the way. The positions will be supported by an infrastructure of specialists from Tooling / Process / Validation and Programme Management.
The development of the commodity from the virtual phases will require close liaison and agreement with the customer on program timing, so that good tooling kick off, validation, and optimised design can be achieved.
This is a position that requires a number of skill sets that are biased towards the development or new product creation of a component or part from a Design, Prototype and Design for Manufacture consideration, however the positions also require excellent communication and project engineering abilities to work in close liaison with all relevant parties to ensure a desired project can be achieved and is possible within a determined Timeline, Cost and Spec Proposal. Other consideration such as materials, delivery and assembly factors will also be part of the remit, with the support of leaders from those departments.
Product Engineer (Skills and Experiences Required):
- The right candidate will have at least 3 years recent working experience of Automotive Trim New Product Development / Introduction
- Good Project Engineering exposure within an automotive environment
- Strong knowledge of Plastic Injection Mouldings, A-Surface and Trim Components.
- Ideally knowledge of Design of Pillars, Headliners, Trim, Doors or Seating.
- Good knowledge of Automotive Manufacturing processes
- A good understanding of Methods and Technical skills such as GD&T, DFM/DFA, CAE/FEA, FMEA and DVP&R
- Experience of direct sourcing from suppliers (DSS)
- Some knowledge of generating design concepts and surface development.
These are exciting times within the automotive industry where new technology and production methods and material selection are all jointly as important to achieve the next generation demand for more efficient and intelligent vehicles, so this is a great opportunity for an engineer to have and take ownership of a project/commodity and manage the process from concept through to assembly with input and recommendations throughout the process with customers and internal and external partners.
For more information please forward your latest CV ASAP.
This is an excellent opportunity with a leading manufacturing of advanced process technology company, who have a rich, well-established background. They have sites here in the UK and overseas
The company's strength lies in its process expertise, engineering excellence and the ability to fully support customers worldwide. The service is complete - from design through installation and commissioning to lifetime support.
- Develop the product range to ensure competitive position of machines
- Issue machines and ancillary equipment to contract, produce factory layouts complete with services and installation information
- Provide assistance to Sales and Customer Services departments on technical offering to ensure smooth contract execution
- Identify risks and put in place plans to maintain cost and schedule
- Maintain modular product structure for product range.
- Product leadership and ensure specified solution is implemented within the agreed schedule and costs, manage priorities to ensure project schedules are maintained
- Ensure accurate drawings and parts lists are produced in accordance with company’s standards and quality procedures, to ensure compliance with CAD best practices
- To be fully competent in the use of Siemens NX and TeamCenter ensuring compliance with best practices
- Ensure compliance of the equipment with legislation (e.g. EC Directives)
- Maintain and update drawings and parts lists, and completion of change requests, work with suppliers to ensure applications are fully and reliably implemented.
- Undertake calculations for design work, both on contracts and development projects, brief field engineers and visit site when necessary
- A highly motivated, confident and dedicated professional, currently in a key role within a design team
- Competent in the use of 3D design and ERP business systems.
- An innovative engineer with an analytical approach to problem solving
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent experience level in Engineering
- Able to work alone or as a member of a design team
- Good communication skills, good PC literacy skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Able to travel both within the UK and throughout the world.
Essential Experience Required:
- Experienced designer of low volume / bespoke industrial machinery
- Good 3D CAD design experience using NX, Solidworks, Inventor or similar
- Modelling machined components, fabricated parts, sheet metal and assemblies.
- Good drafting experience of machined components, fabrications and assembly drawings
- Good knowledge of different manufacturing methods, their benefits and limitations
- Good level of PC Literacy - Windows, MS Office, Outlook etc
- Willing and able to occasionally travel to customer / supplier sites in the UK and Worldwide
- Motivated, confident and professional with good communication skills, experience of working on multiple projects concurrently, prioritising tasks accordingly, good attention to detail, cost and quality in particular
- Able to select suitable materials, with a good appreciation of the benefits and limitations of each
£38,000 - £42,000 plus employee benefits
Commutable from Peterborough, Stamford, Oakham, Wisbech, Corby, Kettering