Our Design / Research & Development Resource Team are equipped and experienced specialists in searching and sourcing relevant engineers at all levels. This team consists of experienced consultants supported by a specialist sector researcher, covering all aspects of the needs and demands of a modern engineering customer base, from blue sky concept design, research and development, right through to design for product launch.
The name of Probe in the marketplace has developed an excellent reputation for quality thus ensuring that our clients come back tous having benefited from our superb service in the past. We also attract the very best engineers around due to finding the best positions, should they be Contract or Permanent, because we have the vacancies they are looking for.
Having one of the largest databases of Design Engineers in the UK also means that we attract a very large portfolio of companies who regularly tap into our vast resources and professional expertise.
How have we achieved this?
Probe started life in 1994 as a Design House and built up a very strong database of companies requiring a design service and have since gained an enviable reputation for quality and service. This progressed naturally to supplying client companies with designers on site and thus provided us a very natural progression into Recruitment as we fully understand our clients and candidates needs.
Today Probe offers a wide range of options that support all aspects of modern R&D needs that go far beyond just sending a CV and gives a service that is aimed at providing solutions for immediate, medium and long-term customer needs.
This service is aimed at providing contractual and permanent engineers at short notice, to work either on or off site. These engineers have all been interviewed and screened for their qualifications, suitability and experience and many have a strong working history supporting our customers with their project workloads. This service can be either provided on a Contingency (No Win-No Fee), Retained Assignment or Executive Search basis.
The Complete Design Solution - 'Man & Box'
Not only can we find the right staff for our clients but we can also supply the 3D CAD software on site. We appreciate that not all companies have as many seats of CAD as they would like, hence, if the job needs to be done quickly we can provide the complete solution of ‘Man and Box’.
Key Areas of specialism:-
- 2D & 3D CAD Design, Modelling & Detailing on all the major CAD packages (Product / Mechanical / Styling / Electro-Mechanical)
- Electrical & Electronic Development / Test & Design
- Finite Element Analysis , Hand Calculations, Linear, Non-Linear - Dynamic, Static
- Mathematical and Simulation Software
- CFD - Thermal, Fluid, Flow Analysis and Dynamics
- NVH - Noise and Modal Analysis
- Research and Development / Test Engineering - Durability, Calibration, Test , Control and Feasibility
- Project Engineering / Management - Concept / Prototype / Process / Value Engineering / Design
- Senior Department Heads – Engineering / Design / Test / Development
If you would like a confidential discussion surrounding strategic hiring for your organisation or your own career path we would be delighted to hear from you to determine how our services can assist you in finding the right solution so please call us on 0121 321 4311
3 Jobs Found
This vacancy, reporting to the Development Manager has arisen in this businesses R&D department for an experienced Approvals Engineer, with an engineering bias.
This is a great opportunity within clients centre of excellence, which is privately owned, with operations in 20 countries.
They currently have a number of patents and world first and are committed to continuous product development on a concurrent engineering basis.
Preparation of documentation, testing and project management of all electrical approvals with various international agencies including:
- Hazardous area approvals e.g. ATEX, IECEx, cFMus (hazardous area approvals experience is not essential)
- Electrical approvals e.g. LVD
Work in cooperation with Electrical Approvals Engineers within the rest of the group as required for joint development projects.
Wide ranging support to the R&D department in the research, testing and development of client’s products.
- A Degree would be preferable but is not essential
- Experience in the hazardous area approvals process for electrical equipment according to ATEX, FM, CSA, IECEx and NEPSI requirements is desirable – though experience in other areas of electrical standards compliance will be applicable
- Good working knowledge of the relevant standards
- Relevant industry knowledge advantageous
- Knowledge of EMC approvals process would be advantageous
- EU passport and willingness to travel occasionally
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work in a highly organized and logical manner under minimum supervision within a multi-disciplined team
- Strong attention to detail - especially in documentation, standards and testing
- Willingness to take responsibility for approvals and their content
- Ability to multi-task and manage approval projects
Salary / Package:
- £40,000 - £45,000
- Bonus £5,000 per year
- Free life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Possible relocation assistance
Commutable from Milton Keynes, Leicester, Peterborough, Rugby, Kettering, Corby, Wellingborough, Banbury, Market Harborough, St Neots
Based in Northamptonshire, our client is a leading-edge engineering SME company that specialises in the manufacture of materials processing equipment and energy from waste power generation. As a highly innovative and progressive design and manufacturing company, it prides itself on developing advanced engineering solutions within the sustainable energy, energy from waste and the design and manufacture of waste materials processing equipment.
Founded over 35 years ago and still privately owned, our client’s engineering innovation has always been a fundamental part of their business. This has helped it to establish itself as a major player in its areas of expertise, namely:
o Design and manufacture of equipment for the food and rendering industry
o Processing waste into energy
o Renewable energy production
The Mechanical Design Engineer is a key role and will be accountable for ensuring the design and implementation of client projects for specialised processing and management of waste equipment, as well as providing engineering support to the on-site power plant equipment.
You will operate within a multi-disciplinary team to ensure that the successful implementation of detailed designs meets the highest standards of safety and regulatory compliance.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Design and development of new project designs for external clients from conception through to successful completion. Additionally, contributing to internal projects for optimising waste energy performance relating to the on-site energy from waste power plant.
- Excellent design analysis, with the ability to work from first principles, translating design concepts into 3D CAD models (AutoCAD Inventor), ensuring full alignment with customer requirements.
- Liaising with design draughtsman for 2D drawing production, and equally producing 2D drawings when required.
- Working proactively with senior colleagues and liaising with manufacturing to ensure strict compliance to quality and design standards.
- Good communication with all stakeholders ensuring full compliance to designs and budgets.
- Identify and provide solutions that meet the highest levels of Health & Safety, Quality and Regulatory standards.
We are looking for a proactive and experienced mechanical engineer with a good knowledge of design of mechanical machinery and a good appreciation of:
- Mechanical equipment
- Sheet metal fabrication
- Pressure containing equipment
- Piping layouts
- General steel structures.
- Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate experience in these key areas.
As important is the ability to be a quick learner and the ability to analysis problems using engineering principals to perform basic calculations. Furthermore, you must have the ability to communicate initial design ideas and interpret engineering drawings to a high standard. A professionally qualified Mechanical Engineering Degree or Higher National Diploma would be advantageous coupled with five years’ experience in a related field.
The following key attributes are also essential:
- Proven experience in creating and maintaining CAD models and files (AutoCAD, Inventor)
- A hands-on approach, with the ability to liaise with workshop personnel in a manufacturing environment.
- A solid technical understanding of common computer operating systems and proficient use of MS Office applications
- A strong desire to work within a dynamic environment with exposure to a wide variety of projects and the chance to develop your career and broaden your skills and knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
£27,000 - £38,000 dependant on experience
Commutable from Northampton, Wellingborough, Kettering, Bedford, Milton Keynes
This business is a rapidly growing reputable company with over 30 years of experience, with three offices in the UK.
They are specialists in construction projects with an ever-increasing scale and complexity nationwide. They have established a broad client base with projects ranging from small residential properties through to vast commercial developments.
They offer civil and structural engineering expertise, ground investigation, health and safety services and building surveying as well as other specialised services and consulting support.
- Produce drawings for building structures in all structural materials including steel, concrete, masonry and timber as well as sub structure drainage, external works and highways
- Liaise with structural engineers, clients, architects and sub-contractors on all drawing matters
- Minimum of 2 GCSEs including English and Maths
- City & Guilds qualification in AutoCAD or HNC/HND Building Studies
- Minimum of 2 years experience
- Experience in Revit and detailing of reinforced concrete would be an advantage but is not essential
- Salary is negotiable dependant on experience
Commutable from Milton Keynes, Coventry, Kettering, Rugby, Bedford, Corby