Our Design / Research & Development Resource Team are equipped and experienced specialists in searching and sourcing relevant engineers at all levels. This team consists of experienced consultants supported by a specialist sector researcher, covering all aspects of the needs and demands of a modern engineering customer base, from blue sky concept design, research and development, right through to design for product launch.
The name of Probe in the marketplace has developed an excellent reputation for quality thus ensuring that our clients come back tous having benefited from our superb service in the past. We also attract the very best engineers around due to finding the best positions, should they be Contract or Permanent, because we have the vacancies they are looking for.
Having one of the largest databases of Design Engineers in the UK also means that we attract a very large portfolio of companies who regularly tap into our vast resources and professional expertise.
How have we achieved this?
Probe started life in 1994 as a Design House and built up a very strong database of companies requiring a design service and have since gained an enviable reputation for quality and service. This progressed naturally to supplying client companies with designers on site and thus provided us a very natural progression into Recruitment as we fully understand our clients and candidates needs.
Today Probe offers a wide range of options that support all aspects of modern R&D needs that go far beyond just sending a CV and gives a service that is aimed at providing solutions for immediate, medium and long-term customer needs.
This service is aimed at providing contractual and permanent engineers at short notice, to work either on or off site. These engineers have all been interviewed and screened for their qualifications, suitability and experience and many have a strong working history supporting our customers with their project workloads. This service can be either provided on a Contingency (No Win-No Fee), Retained Assignment or Executive Search basis.
The Complete Design Solution - 'Man & Box'
Not only can we find the right staff for our clients but we can also supply the 3D CAD software on site. We appreciate that not all companies have as many seats of CAD as they would like, hence, if the job needs to be done quickly we can provide the complete solution of ‘Man and Box’.
Key Areas of specialism:-
- 2D & 3D CAD Design, Modelling & Detailing on all the major CAD packages (Product / Mechanical / Styling / Electro-Mechanical)
- Electrical & Electronic Development / Test & Design
- Finite Element Analysis , Hand Calculations, Linear, Non-Linear - Dynamic, Static
- Mathematical and Simulation Software
- CFD - Thermal, Fluid, Flow Analysis and Dynamics
- NVH - Noise and Modal Analysis
- Research and Development / Test Engineering - Durability, Calibration, Test , Control and Feasibility
- Project Engineering / Management - Concept / Prototype / Process / Value Engineering / Design
- Senior Department Heads – Engineering / Design / Test / Development
If you would like a confidential discussion surrounding strategic hiring for your organisation or your own career path we would be delighted to hear from you to determine how our services can assist you in finding the right solution so please call us on 0121 321 4311
2 Jobs Found
This business has 80 plus years of experience, specialising in the manufacturing of robust and reliable world-class handling equipment, exporting across the globe. Their range covers single machines up to full bespoke systems.
The company’s portfolio and capabilities have expanded significantly since they were established, with further major developments taking place.
- You will be producing high quality production drawings for both in-house and sub-contract manufacture, as well as updating and improving current designs for existing equipment
- The role includes liaison with the company’s sales team and customer base to finalise specifications
- 3D design proficiency is essential, preferably Solidworks
- You will have experience of machinery design / food processing equipment design
- A keen eye for detail
- An awareness of manufacturing implications and costs
- Excellent communication skills
- £25,000 - £32,000
Commutable from Boston, Skegness, Coningsby, Lincoln
The business has a long, rich history and is renowned for the supply of the highest quality machines. The Company has an enviable reputation and a worldwide Blue-Chip customer base.
They design and manufacture a wide range of new machinery from raw materials all the way through to the packaging of the product. Supplying single machines, full lines, or bespoke machinery, from their new purpose-built factory.
As part of this the ongoing growth strategy, they are recruiting for an experienced Proposals Engineer based in Lincolnshire to join their innovative Packaging solutions company.
- Working closely with their concept and estimation engineers, you’ll play a pivotal role in creating sales proposals ensuring the business remains a market leader in providing Packaging automation solutions to new and existing customers.
- As part of your day-to-day work, you’ll prepare compelling proposals that’ll improve the win probability of their sales pitches.
- They need a Proposals Engineer who can highlight the key features and benefits of their offer, as well as ensuring all customer requirements have been addressed and responded to in the proposals.
- Making sure their proposals are all written consistently with the cost estimates will also be under your remit.
- To help win proposals, creating drawings and graphics – including 3D CAD images and 2D layout drawings – to illustrate their bespoke automation solution will be high on your agenda.
- The Proposals Engineer will also be able to build great relationships within the wider sales team, working daily with the sales, mechanical, electrical and controls engineering units.
- You will have experience within industrial Packaging, food or confectionery machinery and automation systems with sound engineering background – preferably in mechanical engineering and possessing an understanding of the controls and electrical aspects.
- You’ll also have the ability to express non, or partial compliances to minimise the potential for customer rejection of any proposal.
- You’ll be an efficient operator on Microsoft computer packages, in particular Word, and confidently be able to use graphics illustration packages.
- Having experience of Inventor or AutoCAD is desirable, however a working knowledge of Solidworks is acceptable.
- They’re looking for a Proposals Engineer who will happily work on their own or as part of a team, and not be afraid to share your thoughts and ideas on any problems that may arise.
Commutable from Doncaster, Rotherham, Sheffield, Lincoln, Scunthorpe, Worksop, Mansfield