Our Design / Research & Development Resource Team are equipped and experienced specialists in searching and sourcing relevant engineers at all levels. This team consists of experienced consultants supported by a specialist sector researcher, covering all aspects of the needs and demands of a modern engineering customer base, from blue sky concept design, research and development, right through to design for product launch.
The name of Probe in the marketplace has developed an excellent reputation for quality thus ensuring that our clients come back tous having benefited from our superb service in the past. We also attract the very best engineers around due to finding the best positions, should they be Contract or Permanent, because we have the vacancies they are looking for.
Having one of the largest databases of Design Engineers in the UK also means that we attract a very large portfolio of companies who regularly tap into our vast resources and professional expertise.
How have we achieved this?
Probe started life in 1994 as a Design House and built up a very strong database of companies requiring a design service and have since gained an enviable reputation for quality and service. This progressed naturally to supplying client companies with designers on site and thus provided us a very natural progression into Recruitment as we fully understand our clients and candidates needs.
Today Probe offers a wide range of options that support all aspects of modern R&D needs that go far beyond just sending a CV and gives a service that is aimed at providing solutions for immediate, medium and long-term customer needs.
This service is aimed at providing contractual and permanent engineers at short notice, to work either on or off site. These engineers have all been interviewed and screened for their qualifications, suitability and experience and many have a strong working history supporting our customers with their project workloads. This service can be either provided on a Contingency (No Win-No Fee), Retained Assignment or Executive Search basis.
The Complete Design Solution - 'Man & Box'
Not only can we find the right staff for our clients but we can also supply the 3D CAD software on site. We appreciate that not all companies have as many seats of CAD as they would like, hence, if the job needs to be done quickly we can provide the complete solution of ‘Man and Box’.
Key Areas of specialism:-
- 2D & 3D CAD Design, Modelling & Detailing on all the major CAD packages (Product / Mechanical / Styling / Electro-Mechanical)
- Electrical & Electronic Development / Test & Design
- Finite Element Analysis , Hand Calculations, Linear, Non-Linear - Dynamic, Static
- Mathematical and Simulation Software
- CFD - Thermal, Fluid, Flow Analysis and Dynamics
- NVH - Noise and Modal Analysis
- Research and Development / Test Engineering - Durability, Calibration, Test , Control and Feasibility
- Project Engineering / Management - Concept / Prototype / Process / Value Engineering / Design
- Senior Department Heads – Engineering / Design / Test / Development
If you would like a confidential discussion surrounding strategic hiring for your organisation or your own career path we would be delighted to hear from you to determine how our services can assist you in finding the right solution so please call us on 0121 321 4311
1 Job Found
Company and Role:
This is your chance to work for world leading precision engineering pioneers, who are part of a multi-billion-dollar group.
They continually develop products to meet the ever-increasing demands of next generation technologies, across a range of industries.
Working as part of the businesses R&D team, this role is an exciting hands-on opportunity to work as part of a multi-disciplined team on the next generation of innovative main line products.
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the design process from cradle to grave including concept generation, design, analysis, testing, manufacturability and post-development support.
The successful candidate will take ownership of work packages and be responsible for designing subsystems and integrating these into the overall product.
Benefits for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Salary is negotiable dependent on experience
You Will Have:
- The desire to work at the forefront of precision engineering innovation
- A track record of being a strong contributor within teams, designing complex mechanisms and drives typically with DC motors in (precision) mechanics, mechatronics or systems engineering
- A desire to take a design and prove its function through prototype, construction, testing, supporting calculations and documentation and production.
- Have a strong “can do” attitude with a hunger to learn and expand their knowledge & capabilities
- Proven experience using a range of 3D CAD technologies
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or a similar technical discipline or a strong technical background
- Experience with 3D CAD (preferably SolidWorks)
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes and design for manufacture
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Passionate about all aspects of new technologies
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, with the drive & desire to create excellent products
- Good communication & interpersonal skills as this role works closely across cross-functional internal teams
Commutable from Leicester, Loughborough, Nottingham, Tamworth, Derby, Nuneaton, Coventry