Our Design / Research & Development Resource Team are equipped and experienced specialists in searching and sourcing relevant engineers at all levels. This team consists of experienced consultants supported by a specialist sector researcher, covering all aspects of the needs and demands of a modern engineering customer base, from blue sky concept design, research and development, right through to design for product launch.
The name of Probe in the marketplace has developed an excellent reputation for quality thus ensuring that our clients come back tous having benefited from our superb service in the past. We also attract the very best engineers around due to finding the best positions, should they be Contract or Permanent, because we have the vacancies they are looking for.
Having one of the largest databases of Design Engineers in the UK also means that we attract a very large portfolio of companies who regularly tap into our vast resources and professional expertise.
How have we achieved this?
Probe started life in 1994 as a Design House and built up a very strong database of companies requiring a design service and have since gained an enviable reputation for quality and service. This progressed naturally to supplying client companies with designers on site and thus provided us a very natural progression into Recruitment as we fully understand our clients and candidates needs.
Today Probe offers a wide range of options that support all aspects of modern R&D needs that go far beyond just sending a CV and gives a service that is aimed at providing solutions for immediate, medium and long-term customer needs.
This service is aimed at providing contractual and permanent engineers at short notice, to work either on or off site. These engineers have all been interviewed and screened for their qualifications, suitability and experience and many have a strong working history supporting our customers with their project workloads. This service can be either provided on a Contingency (No Win-No Fee), Retained Assignment or Executive Search basis.
The Complete Design Solution - 'Man & Box'
Not only can we find the right staff for our clients but we can also supply the 3D CAD software on site. We appreciate that not all companies have as many seats of CAD as they would like, hence, if the job needs to be done quickly we can provide the complete solution of ‘Man and Box’.
Key Areas of specialism:-
- 2D & 3D CAD Design, Modelling & Detailing on all the major CAD packages (Product / Mechanical / Styling / Electro-Mechanical)
- Electrical & Electronic Development / Test & Design
- Finite Element Analysis , Hand Calculations, Linear, Non-Linear - Dynamic, Static
- Mathematical and Simulation Software
- CFD - Thermal, Fluid, Flow Analysis and Dynamics
- NVH - Noise and Modal Analysis
- Research and Development / Test Engineering - Durability, Calibration, Test , Control and Feasibility
- Project Engineering / Management - Concept / Prototype / Process / Value Engineering / Design
- Senior Department Heads – Engineering / Design / Test / Development
If you would like a confidential discussion surrounding strategic hiring for your organisation or your own career path we would be delighted to hear from you to determine how our services can assist you in finding the right solution so please call us on 0121 321 4311
2 Jobs Found
Client is a global manufacturer of heavy engineering products and services that deliver lifecycle solutions to maximise customer return on investment. They deliver lifecycle solutions to a broad range of industries, including construction, infrastructure, manufacturing, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utility, quarrying and mining.
As a Design Engineer, reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for a wide variety of engineering tasks.
Key Reasons to Join This Business:
- UK and Global travel opportunities
- Opportunities to progress through the design structure
- Exposure to customers & all areas of the business including manufacture
- Working for a global leader
- Exciting projects & opportunities to innovate including patent designs
- Investigate and resolve problems quickly and effectively, implementing engineering changes where required
- Provide engineered solutions for the development of New Products and the continual improvement of the existing Product Range.
- Provide customers with the required support and service that they require
- Produce a full design package for manufacturing including Detailed Drawings, Exploded drawings, Engineering BOMs etc.
- Degree educated or equivalent in Engineering
- Design experience heavy equipment design would be highly advantageous
- Competent user of 3D Solid Modelling CAD, ideally Pro-Engineer / Creo Parametric and familiarity with Product Data Management (PDM) systems
- Good technical expertise in mechanical and hydraulic systems
- A good understanding of the various applications that the equipment can operate in along with an appreciation for the expected performance of the machines.
- Creativity and innovative thinking
- Experience with Oracle TMS a plus
- Good English communication skill, both written and spoken;
- Good Presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates should have a “can do” attitude and be able to work as part of a team to meet the deadlines required
- £27,000 - £32,000 (negotiable)
Commutable from Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Loughborough, Burton upon Trent, Hinckley, Nuneaton
This business is a rapidly growing reputable company with over 30 years of experience, with three offices in the UK.
They are specialists in construction projects with an ever-increasing scale and complexity nationwide. They have established a broad client base with projects ranging from small residential properties through to vast commercial developments.
They offer civil and structural engineering expertise, ground investigation, health and safety services and building surveying as well as other specialised services and consulting support.
- Undertake structural design on a wide variety of civil and structural projects within the commercial, residential care, industrial and education sectors on projects up to £15 million in value
- You will be chartered or approaching chartership status through IStructE or ICE and have a minimum of 7 years post graduate experience
- Have design experience and structural analysis skills in all common structural materials including steel, concrete, timber and masonry
- Proficient in relevant engineering design software
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be able to manage your own workload to meet client requirements and project timeframes and supervise project engineers/technicians accordingly
- Confidently represent the company at meetings and liaise with clients, consultants and contractors
- A positive team member
- Able to write accurate reports and project documentation
- Have a full driving licence and own transport
- Attractive salary, negotiable dependant on experience, with the prospects of long-term development within a growing company
Commutable from Leicester, Rugby, Oakham, Corby, Kettering, Daventry, Coventry