Our Design / Research & Development Resource Team are equipped and experienced specialists in searching and sourcing relevant engineers at all levels. This team consists of experienced consultants supported by a specialist sector researcher, covering all aspects of the needs and demands of a modern engineering customer base, from blue sky concept design, research and development, right through to design for product launch.
The name of Probe in the marketplace has developed an excellent reputation for quality thus ensuring that our clients come back tous having benefited from our superb service in the past. We also attract the very best engineers around due to finding the best positions, should they be Contract or Permanent, because we have the vacancies they are looking for.
Having one of the largest databases of Design Engineers in the UK also means that we attract a very large portfolio of companies who regularly tap into our vast resources and professional expertise.
How have we achieved this?
Probe started life in 1994 as a Design House and built up a very strong database of companies requiring a design service and have since gained an enviable reputation for quality and service. This progressed naturally to supplying client companies with designers on site and thus provided us a very natural progression into Recruitment as we fully understand our clients and candidates needs.
Today Probe offers a wide range of options that support all aspects of modern R&D needs that go far beyond just sending a CV and gives a service that is aimed at providing solutions for immediate, medium and long-term customer needs.
This service is aimed at providing contractual and permanent engineers at short notice, to work either on or off site. These engineers have all been interviewed and screened for their qualifications, suitability and experience and many have a strong working history supporting our customers with their project workloads. This service can be either provided on a Contingency (No Win-No Fee), Retained Assignment or Executive Search basis.
The Complete Design Solution - 'Man & Box'
Not only can we find the right staff for our clients but we can also supply the 3D CAD software on site. We appreciate that not all companies have as many seats of CAD as they would like, hence, if the job needs to be done quickly we can provide the complete solution of ‘Man and Box’.
Key Areas of specialism:-
- 2D & 3D CAD Design, Modelling & Detailing on all the major CAD packages (Product / Mechanical / Styling / Electro-Mechanical)
- Electrical & Electronic Development / Test & Design
- Finite Element Analysis , Hand Calculations, Linear, Non-Linear - Dynamic, Static
- Mathematical and Simulation Software
- CFD - Thermal, Fluid, Flow Analysis and Dynamics
- NVH - Noise and Modal Analysis
- Research and Development / Test Engineering - Durability, Calibration, Test , Control and Feasibility
- Project Engineering / Management - Concept / Prototype / Process / Value Engineering / Design
- Senior Department Heads – Engineering / Design / Test / Development
If you would like a confidential discussion surrounding strategic hiring for your organisation or your own career path we would be delighted to hear from you to determine how our services can assist you in finding the right solution so please call us on 0121 321 4311
2 Jobs Found
This is a well-established business who are at the forefront of their industry, with over 40 years’ experience.
They operate from a large state of the art manufacturing facility that has been purpose built for the manufacture of their bespoke products.
This superb facility, BSI/ISO accreditation and creative R&D team enables them to provide a diverse, innovative range of high-performance products.
In a busy environment, this role will see you providing specialist mechanical engineering expertise that is required for designing and building packaging machinery, automation equipment, injection mould tools, jigs and fixtures to meet the company’s business strategy.
The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of SolidWorks, a strong eye for detail and the ability to provide creative solutions.
- To provide mechanical engineering expertise to projects from the concept stage through to commissioning
- Assist in the writing of Design Specifications
- To creatively design innovative components, mechanisms and assemblies (in SolidWorks) to meet the needs of the Design Specification using suitable materials and manufacturing methods to achieve a reliable and cost-effective solution
- Create CAD drawings (in SolidWorks) with appropriate tolerancing and manufacturing notes following internal document control systems, create detailed component specifications (for bought-in parts)
- Research any processes that include uncertainty and prove concepts with prototypes as required
- Coordinate the first build of new assemblies and the electrical and control requirements of machine build projects with Systems Engineers
- Test the function of newly designed equipment, coordinating with Validation Engineers and produce the mechanical documentation and the collate any other documentation required to form the Technical File
- Educated to Degree level in Mechanical Engineering, Design or similar, with three years plus engineering experience
- Experience working with special purpose machinery or packaging machinery would be useful. Any experience of medical packaging or devices would be highly advantageous
- Self-motivated and with the drive and desire to create excellent products
- Excellent organisational, project management and communication skills
- A competent understanding of engineering and workshop machinery
- Innovative, creative and enthusiastic
- A great team player with a positive approach and a commercial outlook
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
Package and Benefits:
- £28,000 - £35,000 dependent on experience
- 40 hours per week, 8am - 4:30pm or 8:30am - 5pm
- 5% employer pension
- Free tea and biscuits
Commutable from Nottingham, Derby, Leicester, Loughborough, Mansfield, Lichfield
Reporting to the Group Head of Engineering, client is looking for the expertise of a proven Electrical Engineer.
Your base will be at clients Midland’s office, but you must be flexible as there will be worldwide travel involved.
This is an excellent, autonomous opportunity with a globally recognised market leader, who is at the forefront of their industry.
It is an exciting time for the business, resulting in a continued period of growth. They have great staff retention with the average years’ service being over 12 years, which is a testament to the type of company that they are.
- Electrical designs for system loading, electrical protection, cable sizing, voltage drops and suitability for conditions.
- Design of electrical and automated systems for crushing equipment, specification of process control requirements and components.
- Design and on-site analysis of Electrical loads, short circuit calculations and harmonics, production of engineering drawings including P&ID´s. Logic flow, single line etc. using AutoCAD.
- Product selection for systems equipment.
- Generation of electrical specifications, supervision of installation and commissioning of equipment, risk analysis for HAZOP requirements.
- Technical support to our satellite network, and other departments within the group.
- On site Supervision of electrical installation and commissioning of equipment, analysis, reporting and troubleshooting of electrical problems.
- The successful candidate will be motivated and have a depth of Electrical Engineering experience involving similar expertise to client requirements and working within a team.
- A particular knowledge and expertise in motors and their control systems would be advantageous, as is the knowledge of "state of the art" technologies in this field.
- A working knowledge of variable motors and speed drives and adapting to new technology is required.
- Experience from heavy engineering, tunneling, mining, quarrying or crushers would be highly advantageous.
Package and Benefits:
- Salary negotiable plus excellent bonus
- Opportunities for global travel
- 10% employer contributed pension, with 0% required from employee
- Private medical cover (currently with Bupa) on completion of the probationary period
- 33 days holiday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free flu jabs
- The possibility of joining a company with a great staff retention record - average years’ service being 12 years
Commutable from Derby, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Nottingham, Mansfield, Worksop