Our Design / Research & Development Resource Team are equipped and experienced specialists in searching and sourcing relevant engineers at all levels. This team consists of experienced consultants supported by a specialist sector researcher, covering all aspects of the needs and demands of a modern engineering customer base, from blue sky concept design, research and development, right through to design for product launch.
The name of Probe in the marketplace has developed an excellent reputation for quality thus ensuring that our clients come back tous having benefited from our superb service in the past. We also attract the very best engineers around due to finding the best positions, should they be Contract or Permanent, because we have the vacancies they are looking for.
Having one of the largest databases of Design Engineers in the UK also means that we attract a very large portfolio of companies who regularly tap into our vast resources and professional expertise.
How have we achieved this?
Probe started life in 1994 as a Design House and built up a very strong database of companies requiring a design service and have since gained an enviable reputation for quality and service. This progressed naturally to supplying client companies with designers on site and thus provided us a very natural progression into Recruitment as we fully understand our clients and candidates needs.
Today Probe offers a wide range of options that support all aspects of modern R&D needs that go far beyond just sending a CV and gives a service that is aimed at providing solutions for immediate, medium and long-term customer needs.
This service is aimed at providing contractual and permanent engineers at short notice, to work either on or off site. These engineers have all been interviewed and screened for their qualifications, suitability and experience and many have a strong working history supporting our customers with their project workloads. This service can be either provided on a Contingency (No Win-No Fee), Retained Assignment or Executive Search basis.
The Complete Design Solution - 'Man & Box'
Not only can we find the right staff for our clients but we can also supply the 3D CAD software on site. We appreciate that not all companies have as many seats of CAD as they would like, hence, if the job needs to be done quickly we can provide the complete solution of ‘Man and Box’.
Key Areas of specialism:-
- 2D & 3D CAD Design, Modelling & Detailing on all the major CAD packages (Product / Mechanical / Styling / Electro-Mechanical)
- Electrical & Electronic Development / Test & Design
- Finite Element Analysis , Hand Calculations, Linear, Non-Linear - Dynamic, Static
- Mathematical and Simulation Software
- CFD - Thermal, Fluid, Flow Analysis and Dynamics
- NVH - Noise and Modal Analysis
- Research and Development / Test Engineering - Durability, Calibration, Test , Control and Feasibility
- Project Engineering / Management - Concept / Prototype / Process / Value Engineering / Design
- Senior Department Heads – Engineering / Design / Test / Development
If you would like a confidential discussion surrounding strategic hiring for your organisation or your own career path we would be delighted to hear from you to determine how our services can assist you in finding the right solution so please call us on 0121 321 4311
1 Job Found
Role / Company Overview:
This is a great opportunity for a Contracts Engineer with a leading UK business. The business has multiple sites, a 76 million turnover with aspirations of developing further.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager, you will ensure projects are completed in a safe and effective manner in accordance with company procedures, in line with design and specification, on time and to budget.
Key interfaces include; CST, Production, Design, Sub-Contractors, Estimating, Administration, Commercial, Clients Representatives
- Management of multiple contracts from receipt of order to final account to meet budget requirements set by the company
- Through personal management ensure that the following Main Duties/Responsibilities are addressed in the management of projects:
- Attendance of pre-contract and site meetings with client, client’s representatives and key sub-contractors.
- Projects are planned and executed in accordance with company health and safety / Q.A procedures and statutory requirements.
- Management of the day to day performance of Contract Supervisor, Foremen, Site Operatives and Subcontractors.
- Consult with Clients representative on the preparation and completion of permits to ensure a safe place of work.
- Preparation and approval of:
- RAMS - explaining how risks are to be managed.
- Briefing Sheets – giving details about the contract, products to be installed, founding criteria and any other site-specific requirements.
- Associated paperwork record sheets, drawings etc.
- All the above to be packaged into a site file for the site foreman.
- Plant, materials and labour are ordered to meet with project program.
- Site operatives are briefed on the contents of the site file and issued a copy prior to start of work. Where applicable witness the start of the work to ensure they are in line with expectations.
- Regular inspections of site to ensure works conform to the correct design and specification and being carried out efficiently.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to site teams and clients engineer representative to ensure compliance with performance specification
- Minimum 1 year of piling industry experience, big or smaller projects
- A Degree is not necessary, suitable experience will be acceptable
- Driving licence – the role includes site visits
- Excellent communication skills
- Design experience would be advantageous, but isn’t essential
Salary and Benefits:
- Company car
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- Share scheme
- Discretionary bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 33 days holiday
Commutable from London, Croydon, Bromley, Orpington, Dartford, Maidstone, Tonbridge