Our Design / Research & Development Resource Team are equipped and experienced specialists in searching and sourcing relevant engineers at all levels. This team consists of experienced consultants supported by a specialist sector researcher, covering all aspects of the needs and demands of a modern engineering customer base, from blue sky concept design, research and development, right through to design for product launch.
The name of Probe in the marketplace has developed an excellent reputation for quality thus ensuring that our clients come back tous having benefited from our superb service in the past. We also attract the very best engineers around due to finding the best positions, should they be Contract or Permanent, because we have the vacancies they are looking for.
Having one of the largest databases of Design Engineers in the UK also means that we attract a very large portfolio of companies who regularly tap into our vast resources and professional expertise.
How have we achieved this?
Probe started life in 1994 as a Design House and built up a very strong database of companies requiring a design service and have since gained an enviable reputation for quality and service. This progressed naturally to supplying client companies with designers on site and thus provided us a very natural progression into Recruitment as we fully understand our clients and candidates needs.
Today Probe offers a wide range of options that support all aspects of modern R&D needs that go far beyond just sending a CV and gives a service that is aimed at providing solutions for immediate, medium and long-term customer needs.
This service is aimed at providing contractual and permanent engineers at short notice, to work either on or off site. These engineers have all been interviewed and screened for their qualifications, suitability and experience and many have a strong working history supporting our customers with their project workloads. This service can be either provided on a Contingency (No Win-No Fee), Retained Assignment or Executive Search basis.
Key Areas of specialism:-
- 2D & 3D CAD Design, Modelling & Detailing on all the major CAD packages (Product / Mechanical / Styling / Electro-Mechanical)
- Electrical & Electronic Development / Test & Design
- Finite Element Analysis , Hand Calculations, Linear, Non-Linear - Dynamic, Static
- Mathematical and Simulation Software
- CFD - Thermal, Fluid, Flow Analysis and Dynamics
- NVH - Noise and Modal Analysis
- Research and Development / Test Engineering - Durability, Calibration, Test , Control and Feasibility
- Project Engineering / Management - Concept / Prototype / Process / Value Engineering / Design
- Senior Department Heads – Engineering / Design / Test / Development
If you would like a confidential discussion surrounding strategic hiring for your organisation or your own career path we would be delighted to hear from you to determine how our services can assist you in finding the right solution so please call us on 0121 321 4311
1 Job Found
A Midland based busy company with a current strong order book into 2021, are seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with ideally 8 - 10 years exposure of Material Handling moving Machinery Design, with the ability to use both 2D & 3D CAD.
The position will be part of a lively small project team that are responsible for designing and building one-off and bespoke material handling equipment that normally combines both static and moving part machinery and fabrications.
The right candidate will have had recent experience with sheet metal forming and fabrication, structural and machinery design and have a good working knowledge of incorporating motors and moving parts into designs.
The industry sectors supported, vary between Industrial Laundry, Distribution, E-commerce and Automotive and the small project team will get involved in the complete project life cycle of each programme and order.
- Mechanical Design biased – 2D & 3D CAD (Ideally Solidworks, Solid Edge, Inventor or similar)
- 8 – 10 Years’ experience working within a materials handling or bespoke moving machinery background
- A good understanding of mechanical principles and working to set engineering standards
- A good knowledge of manufacturing and assembly techniques with different materials, particularly folded, welded and punched sheet steel.
- A good appreciation of electrical and controls systems within automation to enable collaboration with specialists in these fields (No electrical circuit or control system design is expected from the candidate).
- Some good project engineering ability and good exposure of taking projects from concept through to production.
- Good working experience of Design Quality and Bill of Materials and Design Changes
- A candidate who is generally interested in mechanical engineering
- A good team and project player, who is happy to adapt and support projects
- A strong proactive attitude and self-motivated
- A natural problem solver
- Able to remain focused, professional and calm during demanding and challenging projects
- Willingness to support projects with extra hours when needed
- Someone who works well within a small busy team
- Salary £40,000- £45,000
- Working week 8.30 – 5pm Mon – Thurs & 8.30 – 3.30pm Fri
- (Hours can be 7.30 – 4pm or 9.30 – 6pm if required)