Our Design / Research & Development Resource Team are equipped and experienced specialists in searching and sourcing relevant engineers at all levels. This team consists of experienced consultants supported by a specialist sector researcher, covering all aspects of the needs and demands of a modern engineering customer base, from blue sky concept design, research and development, right through to design for product launch.
The name of Probe in the marketplace has developed an excellent reputation for quality thus ensuring that our clients come back tous having benefited from our superb service in the past. We also attract the very best engineers around due to finding the best positions, should they be Contract or Permanent, because we have the vacancies they are looking for.
Having one of the largest databases of Design Engineers in the UK also means that we attract a very large portfolio of companies who regularly tap into our vast resources and professional expertise.
How have we achieved this?
Probe started life in 1994 as a Design House and built up a very strong database of companies requiring a design service and have since gained an enviable reputation for quality and service. This progressed naturally to supplying client companies with designers on site and thus provided us a very natural progression into Recruitment as we fully understand our clients and candidates needs.
Today Probe offers a wide range of options that support all aspects of modern R&D needs that go far beyond just sending a CV and gives a service that is aimed at providing solutions for immediate, medium and long-term customer needs.
This service is aimed at providing contractual and permanent engineers at short notice, to work either on or off site. These engineers have all been interviewed and screened for their qualifications, suitability and experience and many have a strong working history supporting our customers with their project workloads. This service can be either provided on a Contingency (No Win-No Fee), Retained Assignment or Executive Search basis.
The Complete Design Solution - 'Man & Box'
Not only can we find the right staff for our clients but we can also supply the 3D CAD software on site. We appreciate that not all companies have as many seats of CAD as they would like, hence, if the job needs to be done quickly we can provide the complete solution of ‘Man and Box’.
Key Areas of specialism:-
- 2D & 3D CAD Design, Modelling & Detailing on all the major CAD packages (Product / Mechanical / Styling / Electro-Mechanical)
- Electrical & Electronic Development / Test & Design
- Finite Element Analysis , Hand Calculations, Linear, Non-Linear - Dynamic, Static
- Mathematical and Simulation Software
- CFD - Thermal, Fluid, Flow Analysis and Dynamics
- NVH - Noise and Modal Analysis
- Research and Development / Test Engineering - Durability, Calibration, Test , Control and Feasibility
- Project Engineering / Management - Concept / Prototype / Process / Value Engineering / Design
- Senior Department Heads – Engineering / Design / Test / Development
If you would like a confidential discussion surrounding strategic hiring for your organisation or your own career path we would be delighted to hear from you to determine how our services can assist you in finding the right solution so please call us on 0121 321 4311
4 Jobs Found
This consulting business is a well-established multi-disciplinary firm, with a diverse workload of schemes, ranging from 1 million – 15 million. They have a vacancy for a project delivery role delivering Structural Engineering designs and managing the production of information for their clients.
Work would be undertaken under the direction of a Structural Director and depending on your level of experience, management of junior engineers may be required. They seek a candidate with experience of design in all materials; concrete, timber and steel, to take a positive lead in delivering a wide range of interesting, varied regional projects.
The role would suit an experienced technical engineer (ideally 3-8 years’ experience) with ambitions to progress your career to an Associate level. Full support will be provided to achieve your potential within a supportive and friendly environment.
Experience of undertaking structural surveys would be an advantage.
A part-time role would be considered for the right candidate.
- Providing detailed technical input and ensuring quality of work output on projects requiring Detailed Structural Engineering Design.
- Report writing.
- To be involved in business development with a focus on the quality and interest of new business.
- Managing projects autonomously.
- To liaise with the client to agree the project specification, the timescale, the fee and the terms of engagement.
- To ensure that the project is undertaken to the specified budget and that all project-related fees and disbursements are accurately recorded and expediently recovered.
Person Specification (you will possess most of these skills):
- Expertise in a range of relevant analytical software packages.
- Recent experience of detailed design for a variety of Structural Projects, with the ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written English communication skills.
- Ability to supervise the work of more junior staff and sub-consultants, prepare fee proposals and project manage a commission from start to finish, liaise directly with client and with other consultants/suppliers, to market the company’s expertise and extend the client base.
- Ability to work collaboratively and to lead project-related discussions, use experience from other projects.
- Commitment to producing high quality work and to promoting the reputation of the company.
- Commitment to continuous professional development.
- In possession of, or working towards Chartership of the Institution of Structural Engineers.
- A wide variety of project work, and an interesting workload.
- Significant opportunities within a growing company.
- A competitive salary
- Pension contributions
- High quality mentoring from experienced colleagues, and assistance in delivering workload from able, conscientious junior staff.
Commutable from Coventry, Warwick, Solihull, Rugby, Daventry, Banbury
Firmware Engineer (New Product Development)
A fast paced and innovation driven R&D Team in the Coventry area are seeking a new team member to join their Electronic Hardware department. The company have seen fantastic growth over the last 10 years which has been mainly down to research and development and pushing the boundaries of their product ranges to meet the demands of an ever-growing customer base.
Their products are related to safety critical devices that incorporate plastics, hardware electronics and software applications and are marketed and sold within the consumer electronic market sectors.
As a company they are focused to invent and create innovative solutions that consumers want to purchase and to also keep pushing their product development process to maintain a strong reputation and benefits for their customers to keep upgrading their purchases with the latest technology.
The position will be part of a small team reporting to the New Product Development and Technical Directors and will be responsible for the Firmware creation part of the NPD process.
The Firmware Engineer duties will involve and require the following experiences:
- Design and development for the companies Safety Technology range of safety products and systems
- Pre-validation of new designs and product changes prior to release to the validation team
- Working closely with engineers from other disciplines to develop state of the art products
- At least 5 years’ experience of real-time embedded system development in‘C’
- Experience of Software / Firmware design on Microchip PIC and ARM M0/M0+ or similar devices
- Software / Firmware verification
- Understanding of embedded electronics
- Liaising with Hardware Engineers to implement optimal design
- Ideally from a safety critical development background
- MISRA C and the LDRA toolchain
- Micrium OS RTOS and Stacks
- Python and C
- Agile development (JIRA, GitHub)
- Application development for Windows and/or Linux.
- NXP chipsets
- SiLabs chipsets
This would be a great opportunity for an engineer who is either looking for their 2nd career position or for an applicant who is just craving to get into a faster paced innovative working environment.
For more information please send your latest CV ASAP.
Mechanical Design Manager (Plastic Components)
We have a great opportunity for either a proven Design Manager or an experienced Senior Design Engineer who has had responsibility for mentoring junior team members and managing design projects.
The opportunity is to work for an established Product Design biased organisation that produce a range of innovative products that are in-turn manufactured and produced overseas.
Their product range offers its customers modern state of the art technology that incorporates plastic injection mouldings and electronic safety critical components.
Based within the R&D Team the role will manage projects and programmes in liaison with the internal design, electronic and software development teams, along with suppliers and partners that will assist in the smooth transition from concept through to new product introduction and production overseas.
Working directly with the Technical Director the position will be part of the creation of the product development process for each project and will manage the team, so that the best effective outcome can be achieved, based on individuals’ abilities and strengths.
This will require good man and project management skills sets and the ability to effectively communicate and present ideas and methods to all relevant parties.
We are seeking an applicant with the following skills, experiences and attributes:
- Good experience of managing projects with man-power involvement
- Good experience post formal design qualification in design, product development, especially in Plastic Injection Moulding.
- Good 3D CAD experience from concept through to design for manufacture.
- Exposure of working with outside suppliers.
- Some exposure of packaging design, especially electro-mechanical would be very desirable.
- Good exposure of designing medium to high volume products.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of tooling, and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to mentor and co-ordinate small teams of engineers
- Ability to create design reviews and update data for all relevant parties.
- A proven background in delivering projects on time and to cost – Essential.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful organisation that will see its designs quickly turn into manufactured products and put into the consumer marketplace with very short lead-times.
For more information please contact Peter Hampshire with your latest CV.
Senior Design Engineer (Domestic Appliances)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global recognised brand and be part of the new concept creation of future generations of modern domestic appliances.
Based within the heart of Product Development this role will play a key part in the future generation of the company’s new product releases that will in turn allow better business growth and market share.
Duties will include:
- The main purpose of the role will be to manage and motivate a team of engineers and associated staff to deliver New Product Development programmes in a fast, safe and cost-effective manner. This will also involve planning, costing and controlling the budget associated to NPD and new product launch.
- Be a pivotal part of the business design function proposing new and improved systems and business methodologies.
- Be the design lead and point of reference within the PD team capable of designing, analysing, interpreting and implementing solutions for new products, or to ensure resolution of any warranty or value analysis proposal.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding and adherence to business processes and an awareness of ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO18001.
- Undertake or delegate product designs as necessary to ensure timely release designs, engineering drawings, CAD files, specifications, etc, as appropriate.
The right candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum qualification is an HNC in an Engineering Discipline with at least 5 years design related experience.
- Excellent communication skills in both the spoken and written form.
- A capable experienced and ‘hands on’ designer fully conversant with Solidworks and an associated PMD system.
- Be fully conversant with Product Development systems, materials, specifications and processes necessary for the generation and introduction of new products and features.
- Ability to effectively contribute to a project team unafraid to challenge the norm.
- Possess good analytical skills to formulate solutions and challenge assumptions
- Self-motivation and the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to control, manage and motivate the design office functions and personnel as required.
- Salary : £47,000 - £50,000
- Pension Scheme
- Profit Share Bonus 5%
- Attendance Bonus
For more information please send your latest CV ASAP.