Our Design / Research & Development Resource Team are equipped and experienced specialists in searching and sourcing relevant engineers at all levels. This team consists of experienced consultants supported by a specialist sector researcher, covering all aspects of the needs and demands of a modern engineering customer base, from blue sky concept design, research and development, right through to design for product launch.
The name of Probe in the marketplace has developed an excellent reputation for quality thus ensuring that our clients come back tous having benefited from our superb service in the past. We also attract the very best engineers around due to finding the best positions, should they be Contract or Permanent, because we have the vacancies they are looking for.
Having one of the largest databases of Design Engineers in the UK also means that we attract a very large portfolio of companies who regularly tap into our vast resources and professional expertise.
How have we achieved this?
Probe started life in 1994 as a Design House and built up a very strong database of companies requiring a design service and have since gained an enviable reputation for quality and service. This progressed naturally to supplying client companies with designers on site and thus provided us a very natural progression into Recruitment as we fully understand our clients and candidates needs.
Today Probe offers a wide range of options that support all aspects of modern R&D needs that go far beyond just sending a CV and gives a service that is aimed at providing solutions for immediate, medium and long-term customer needs.
This service is aimed at providing contractual and permanent engineers at short notice, to work either on or off site. These engineers have all been interviewed and screened for their qualifications, suitability and experience and many have a strong working history supporting our customers with their project workloads. This service can be either provided on a Contingency (No Win-No Fee), Retained Assignment or Executive Search basis.
The Complete Design Solution - 'Man & Box'
Not only can we find the right staff for our clients but we can also supply the 3D CAD software on site. We appreciate that not all companies have as many seats of CAD as they would like, hence, if the job needs to be done quickly we can provide the complete solution of ‘Man and Box’.
Key Areas of specialism:-
- 2D & 3D CAD Design, Modelling & Detailing on all the major CAD packages (Product / Mechanical / Styling / Electro-Mechanical)
- Electrical & Electronic Development / Test & Design
- Finite Element Analysis , Hand Calculations, Linear, Non-Linear - Dynamic, Static
- Mathematical and Simulation Software
- CFD - Thermal, Fluid, Flow Analysis and Dynamics
- NVH - Noise and Modal Analysis
- Research and Development / Test Engineering - Durability, Calibration, Test , Control and Feasibility
- Project Engineering / Management - Concept / Prototype / Process / Value Engineering / Design
- Senior Department Heads – Engineering / Design / Test / Development
If you would like a confidential discussion surrounding strategic hiring for your organisation or your own career path we would be delighted to hear from you to determine how our services can assist you in finding the right solution so please call us on 0121 321 4311
2 Jobs Found
CAD / Design Engineer – HVAC Systems
We are seeking a Design / CAD Engineer to join a Systems Team in the Midlands area, who are tasked with HVAC Design projects directly for customers.
The company provides a wide range of services and systems, especially Air Conditioning and Cooling Systems.
- The right candidate for this role will have at least 18 months experience working within HVAC and Cooling System Design with 2D and 3D CAD
- A formal qualification in engineering HNC or above
- Good CAD skills (AutoCAD)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- A good general knowledge of engineering principles.
- Exposure of designing to specification and with various materials.
- Good Project Engineering abilities (Self-manage own projects in regards, timing and costs)
- Have had exposure of Design for manufacture, site layout design and specification experience.
For more information please send your CV ASAP.
This is an excellent and varied opportunity with an internationally recognised brand, which are part of a group that turns over in excess of 850 million Euro’s per year.
Besides being a key part of the design team, the incumbent will be involved in the whole process, from concept to production, and bringing of products to market through development, including tool design and testing.
Client operates from a fully automated and modern facility, with all manufacturing being done in-house.
There is also a clear and defined progression plan, with real opportunities to develop further.
- Respond to commercial briefs for product specifications
- Developing innovative ideas for new products
- Developing drawings to obtain design approval
- Designing new products on 3D CAD
- Prototyping new products as required
- Testing new products and using analysis to review / improve product design
- Testing and evaluating competitors’ products
- Ensure all processes are adhered to and documentation completed
- Degree – Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Engineering
- Product Design experience
- Experience of designing with Plastics
- 2+ years’ experience
- Background experience of 3D CAD is essential
- Designing components for plastic injection moulding domestic components is essential
- Commissioning injection mould tools is preferred but not essential
- Siemens NX experience would be advantageous
- Experience liaising with tooling and manufacturing engineers is preferred but not essential
8:30am – 16:45pm Monday to Thursday, 8:30am – 15:45pm Friday
45 minute lunch break
£28,000 - £33,000
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Company Bonus
- Group Personal Pension scheme – employer 3% contribution
- Free Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Company sick pay (up to 26 weeks dependent on service)
- Subsidised canteen & vending
- Free Car-parking
- Health plan
Commutable from Birmingham, Solihull, Coventry, Walsall, Tamworth, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill