Our Design / Research & Development Resource Team are equipped and experienced specialists in searching and sourcing relevant engineers at all levels. This team consists of experienced consultants supported by a specialist sector researcher, covering all aspects of the needs and demands of a modern engineering customer base, from blue sky concept design, research and development, right through to design for product launch.
The name of Probe in the marketplace has developed an excellent reputation for quality thus ensuring that our clients come back tous having benefited from our superb service in the past. We also attract the very best engineers around due to finding the best positions, should they be Contract or Permanent, because we have the vacancies they are looking for.
Having one of the largest databases of Design Engineers in the UK also means that we attract a very large portfolio of companies who regularly tap into our vast resources and professional expertise.
How have we achieved this?
Probe started life in 1994 as a Design House and built up a very strong database of companies requiring a design service and have since gained an enviable reputation for quality and service. This progressed naturally to supplying client companies with designers on site and thus provided us a very natural progression into Recruitment as we fully understand our clients and candidates needs.
Today Probe offers a wide range of options that support all aspects of modern R&D needs that go far beyond just sending a CV and gives a service that is aimed at providing solutions for immediate, medium and long-term customer needs.
This service is aimed at providing contractual and permanent engineers at short notice, to work either on or off site. These engineers have all been interviewed and screened for their qualifications, suitability and experience and many have a strong working history supporting our customers with their project workloads. This service can be either provided on a Contingency (No Win-No Fee), Retained Assignment or Executive Search basis.
The Complete Design Solution - 'Man & Box'
Not only can we find the right staff for our clients but we can also supply the 3D CAD software on site. We appreciate that not all companies have as many seats of CAD as they would like, hence, if the job needs to be done quickly we can provide the complete solution of ‘Man and Box’.
Key Areas of specialism:-
- 2D & 3D CAD Design, Modelling & Detailing on all the major CAD packages (Product / Mechanical / Styling / Electro-Mechanical)
- Electrical & Electronic Development / Test & Design
- Finite Element Analysis , Hand Calculations, Linear, Non-Linear - Dynamic, Static
- Mathematical and Simulation Software
- CFD - Thermal, Fluid, Flow Analysis and Dynamics
- NVH - Noise and Modal Analysis
- Research and Development / Test Engineering - Durability, Calibration, Test , Control and Feasibility
- Project Engineering / Management - Concept / Prototype / Process / Value Engineering / Design
- Senior Department Heads – Engineering / Design / Test / Development
If you would like a confidential discussion surrounding strategic hiring for your organisation or your own career path we would be delighted to hear from you to determine how our services can assist you in finding the right solution so please call us on 0121 321 4311
3 Jobs Found
This is an excellent and varied opportunity with an internationally recognised brand, which are part of a group that turns over in excess of 850 million Euro’s per year.
Besides being a key part of the design team, the incumbent will be involved in the whole process, from concept to production, and bringing of products to market through development, including tool design and testing.
Client operates from a fully automated and modern facility, with all manufacturing being done in-house.
There is also a clear and defined progression plan, with real opportunities to develop further.
- Respond to commercial briefs for product specifications
- Developing innovative ideas for new products
- Developing drawings to obtain design approval
- Designing new products on 3D CAD
- Prototyping new products as required
- Testing new products and using analysis to review / improve product design
- Testing and evaluating competitors’ products
- Ensure all processes are adhered to and documentation completed
- Degree – Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Engineering
- Product Design experience
- Experience of designing with Plastics
- 2+ years’ experience
- Background experience of 3D CAD is essential
- Designing components for plastic injection moulding domestic components is essential
- Commissioning injection mould tools is preferred but not essential
- Siemens NX experience would be advantageous
- Experience liaising with tooling and manufacturing engineers is preferred but not essential
8:30am – 16:45pm Monday to Thursday, 8:30am – 15:45pm Friday
45 minute lunch break
£28,000 - £33,000
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Company Bonus
- Group Personal Pension scheme – employer 3% contribution
- Free Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Company sick pay (up to 26 weeks dependent on service)
- Subsidised canteen & vending
- Free Car-parking
- Health plan
Commutable from Birmingham, Solihull, Coventry, Walsall, Tamworth, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill
Junior / Graduate Electronic Engineer
We are seeking recent qualified Electronic Design / Development Engineers to join a very fast paced Research & Development team in the Central Midlands area. The roles will be biased towards design, test, code writing, prototype build (Board level up), customer and supply chain liaison.
The company make a range of devices that are used in a myriad of industry sectors across the globe, each being tailored and bespoke to a customer’s individual need. As a company they have seen real growth from £5 million to £30 million turnover in recent years, due to innovation.
- The roles require a good junior level knowledge of electronic hardware and firmware development and application, with some proven exposure of Embedded C, Microcontrollers, Digital and Analogue Design and PCB’s. The technology is embedded into devices used mainly within the production and manufacturing sectors, so an appreciation of electro-mechanical and mechatronics applications would be greatly beneficial.
- Applicants should have a natural ability to communicate and present themselves in a professional manner to internal and external team members and customers and a great deal of a daily activities will be project managing a project from concept or design change brief through to sign off for manufacture.
- The positions come with a progression plan that allows an individual to create and pick a career path within a global group of companies who have a strong history or rewarding and promoting engineers early in their careers.
Benefits for a Junior / Graduate Electronic Engineer:
Salary : £23,000 - £26,000
Bonus : (c£3,000)
If this sounds of interest and you have Graduated or qualified in the last 18 - 24 months with a formal Degree or similar in Electronic / Software Engineering, please get if contact for more information.
Please note that these positions are open to all applicants who have the right to work and live in the UK, but Non-EU Citizens will also be considered as long as they fall into the categories to gain a sponsorship visa.
PC Application Software and Firmware Engineer
We are working with a fast paced and fast-growing technology / innovation team that have over the last ten years created a number of market leading products / devices that in-turn have seen their organisation grow their turnover by over 300%.
The organisation now boasts a strong Electronic and Software Development Department and is now looking to add some good Graduate Engineers into their own development programme.
As a company they export their products to global customers and are recognised for their bespoke and innovative technology.
- Based within a small internal team the role will quickly have responsibility for creating and developing PC / IT Applications - Software & Firmware in-line with live product development customers orders. The position will also liaise with the internal Software / Electronic Hardware and Mechanical Design Teams to ensure applications and modules are on track to meet the final product brief.
- The purpose of the role is to improve a device that is used in the engineering industry sectors, in the way it can communicate, collate data / algorithms and relay information to third parties.
Skills & Experience:
- Applicants should have a formal qualification in Software Engineering or Computer Science with ideally a years’ experience in industry.
- Good knowledge of Embedded C, C#, Realtime and Coding and Testing Systems.
- A strong desire and interest in new product development
- Excellent communication skills
- Some experience of building test rigs or apparatus to test products.
- Good Software and MS Office skills
The company offer excellent benefits, career prospects and training. It is common for Junior Engineers to quickly move to more senior engineering and team leading positions within a few years and then on to Management / Directorship opportunities.
The company is part of a large global group of individual companies that offers internal recruitment and great career progression.
If you Graduated recently or in the distance past in Software Engineering, please get in contact.