Our Design / Research & Development Resource Team are equipped and experienced specialists in searching and sourcing relevant engineers at all levels. This team consists of experienced consultants supported by a specialist sector researcher, covering all aspects of the needs and demands of a modern engineering customer base, from blue sky concept design, research and development, right through to design for product launch.
The name of Probe in the marketplace has developed an excellent reputation for quality thus ensuring that our clients come back to us having benefited from our superb service in the past. We also attract the very best engineers, should they be Contract or Permanent, because we have the level of vacancies they are looking for.
Having one of the largest databases of Design Engineers in the UK also means that we attract a very large portfolio of companies who regularly tap into our vast resources and professional expertise.
How have we achieved this?
Probe started life in 1994 as a Design House and built up a very strong database of companies requiring a design service and have since gained an enviable reputation for quality and service. This progressed naturally to supplying client companies with designers on site and thus provided us a very natural progression into Recruitment as we fully understand our clients and candidates needs.
Today Probe offers a wide range of options that support all aspects of modern R&D needs that go far beyond just sending a CV and gives a service that is aimed at providing solutions for immediate, medium and long-term customer needs.
Manpower Resource (Contractors):
This service is aimed at providing Contract Engineers at short notice, to work either on or off site to supplement your existing workforce. These engineers have all been interviewed and screened for their qualifications, suitability and experience and many have a strong working history supporting our customers with their project workloads.
The benefit to our Clients is he pure flexibility of being able to take on an engineering resource to complete a given task over a given timeline on a given budget, putting you in control of your project timelines. You can staff up & down to suit your particular workload with engineers who have the relevent skills to complete the tasks required.
Key Areas of specialism:-
- 2D & 3D CAD Design, Modelling & Detailing on all the major CAD packages (Product / Mechanical / Styling / Electro-Mechanical)
- Electrical & Electronic Development / Test & Design
- Finite Element Analysis , Hand Calculations, Linear, Non-Linear - Dynamic, Static
- Mathematical and Simulation Software
- CFD - Thermal, Fluid, Flow Analysis and Dynamics
- NVH - Noise and Modal Analysis
- Research and Development / Test Engineering - Durability, Calibration, Test , Control and Feasibility
- Project Engineering / Management - Concept / Prototype / Process / Value Engineering / Design
- Senior Department Heads – Engineering / Design / Test / Development
If you would like a confidential discussion surrounding strategic hiring for your organisation or your own career path we would be delighted to hear from you to determine how our services can assist you in finding the right solution so please call us on 0121 321 4311
27 Jobs Found
Design Engineer – Mechanical / Hydraulics
This business has over 50 years of heritage, specialising in design, manufacturing, and installation of bespoke steel fabrication projects.
Supporting clients, across the world, in many different industries, their in-house design capabilities cover all mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and software disciplines.
The Design Engineer Role
Client is looking for an engineer with an innovative mechanical background, a passion for engineering excellence and proven experience to draw on. This is a varied job with varying degrees of responsibility, differing types of tasks ranging from initial design to machine commissioning, perhaps project management or customer visits but with practical design remaining central to the job.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in structural steel fabrication design
- Effective in carrying out detailed structural strength calculations for both structural and mechanical components
- Display a high degree of computing literacy on engineering design packages
- Hydraulic exposure would be useful
- Good interpersonal skills
- Highly Organised
Software – AutoCAD, Inventor, Vault, ANSYS, MS Office
Design Engineer Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Generation of documentation within the production design office including, but not limited to, drawings, parts lists, Drawing Office Purchase Requisitions’ and Drawing Office Issue Note’s to ensure project deadlines set both internally and externally are met. Management of Bills of Material and detail manufacturing drawing.
- Produce conceptual designs from functional specifications. Layout design of mechanical/hydraulic machinery.
- To work in multi-discipline project teams on specific aspects of the machine design. Undertake component stress calculations and compile documented calculation packages for third party verification in order to comply to varying international codes and standards.
- Produce equipment test specifications for use in house. Liaison with other Design Engineers to ensure design specifications are met.
- Bid support, travel for technical input, customer liaison, input to sales proposals. Attendance at technical meetings (UK and Overseas)
Design Engineer Salary and Hours
- £30,000 - £40,000, dependant on experience
- 37 hours per week, 08:00am - 17:00pm Monday to Thursday and 08:00am – 12:00pm Friday. (flexibility, due to workloads would be required)
This Design Engineer role is commutable From: Shrewsbury, Stoke on Trent, Stafford, Wolverhampton, Walsall
Product Support & Test Technician – Electronics
Based within a small engineering business that is part of a larger European Group, the role will be part of the Test and Development Team that is primary responsible for the development of electronic component parts of the organisation’s product range.
The company has a proud history for always being an innovative leader and for being in recent times, the first to introduce specialist technology to market.
The Product Support Technician will form a key role in this business and an important part of product development process.
Product Support & Test Technician Benefits:
- £25,000 - £35,000
- Pension – Contributions
- 33 Days Holidays
- Career Development
The primary duties of the Product Support & Test Technician will be:
- To maintain technical data systems relating to product design and manufacture.
- To define and introduce new products.
- To provide technical support to other departments within the company.
- To maintain company product and materials specification systems.
- To maintain product data via ERP item master, bill of material and routing files.
- To maintain libraries of technical data relating to products, materials and components.
- To maintain technical equipment and perform product testing.
- Organise manufacture of new product samples.
The Primary Requirements for the Product Support Technician:
- A formal qualification in engineering ONC (NVQ level 3) or above (including basic electronics knowledge).
- Be Self-motivation and have good attention to detail.
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels (both internally and externally)
- Good PC skills, particularly MS Word and MS Excel.
- Experience of basic electronics hand-assembly.
This Product Support & Test Technician role is commutable from: Stowmarket, Thetford, Bury St Edmunds, Braintree, Newmarket
Technical Support Technician – AutoCAD
We are working with an organisation that provides technology and state-of-the-art products to the Building Services industry, who are seeing a fast return to pre-pandemic levels of orders and requirements for their products from their European customer base.
Supporting the Technical Estimating and Technical Sales Teams a Technical Support Technician is required to assist in the design scope out and planning for the quote phases of new projects and support all of the document and CAD related requirements that will ensure the correct installation of products on to a customer’s site.
Technical Support Technician Salary Package:
- £24,000 - £25,000
- 26 Days Holidays + Bank Holidays
- Flexible Working including Remote Working
The role will be CAD centric with the ability to detail drawings for specific project installations, carry out and configure size and area dimensions and get directly involve in collating relevant information and test solutions documentation.
- Producing Sales Quotes for customers from information provided by the internal Estimating and Technical Sales teams.
- Support the quote and planning phases of projects by dealing with and answering customers queries, via telephone and email.
- Support the estimating and sales teams with the rollout of new project initiatives to partners and customers.
- All CAD work will be carried out in 2D.
Requirements for a Technical Support Technician
- A formal qualification in a Civil or Engineering subject.
- Have a good proven working knowledge of Design and CAD (AutoCAD)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Minimum of 2-year experience of working in a Technical Support or Estimating type of role.
- Excellent Administration skills (IT / MS Office)
- A good understanding of the Building Services industry sectors)
This Technical Support Technician role is commutable from: Birmingham, Tamworth, Derby, Lichfield, Leicester, Burton, Coventry, Stone
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Design, R&D & Projects Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994
We are working with a fast paced and dynamic organisation that has seen continued growth since the middle of 2020 and are on track to see one of their busiest years in their company’s history for 2021. The company design and develop a range of safety products that are used in the process and manufacturing sectors and support and work with some of the biggest names in the engineering sectors.
As an Electronic Engineer, you will support the continuing growth of the design department and the role will also involve leading a team of electronic engineers, working alongside other engineering disciplines, designing hardware and embedded software to extend the organisations range of products, whilst still be involved in hands-on design.
The salary and benefits package for an Electronic Engineer
- Competitive salary - £30,000 - £40,000
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays.
- Life Insurance cover
- Pension Scheme with company contribution
- Share Scheme with Annual Allocation
- Bonus Scheme
- Long Service Recognition
- Free On-Site Parking
The duties and responsibilities of an Electronic Engineer
- Line management of the Electronics Design team
- Planning and allocation of resource within their team to meet company goals and deadlines.
- Be the electronics technical lead for the company.
- Implementing tools and processes for the efficient running of the team and department
- Design and maintenance of hardware and embedded software for use within the company
- Layout and tracking of PCB designs.
- Prototyping and testing of designs and products
- Assessment and documentation of products against specifications and standards
Requirements and Qualifications
- Degree or similar qualification in Electronics Engineering or comparable subject
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working in Electronics Design.
- Experience in electronics hardware design, development, and testing; including schematic design and PCB layout.
- Experience in embedded firmware design, development, and testing
- Electronics design in a highly regulated industry
- Experience in firmware design for STM32 microcontrollers
- EMC design and test experience
- Experience of firmware unit testing; preferably using Tessy.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing organisation, where R&D and New Product Innovation sit central to the organisation’s growth and expansion plans for the business going forward.
Electronics Engineers who are seeking that next step on the ladder, to combine leadership and hands-on development and design duties at the same time, would be a perfect match for this position.
This Electronic Engineer role is commutable from Birmingham, Worcester, Wolverhampton, Telford, Stafford, Lichfield, Coventry, Redditch and Stone.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Design, R&D & Projects Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994
A fantastic opportunity has arisen an experienced Project Engineer to join a global organisation who specialise in increasing the longevity and durability of components and tools by utilising advanced chemical engineering processes. This company counts F1 teams and global aerospace manufacturers as clients.
If you have experience in a Project Engineering position and have an interest in chemistry or physics and want to join an organisation with excellent training and plenty progression opportunities then read on.
Based in Milton Keynes, the Project Engineer is responsible for a variety of tasks – here is a snapshot of what this role entails:
- Engaging with customers to understand their requirement from a technical perspective
- Translating this to the various design and operational teams internally
- Quoting and pricing works
- Assisting in the design of processes for applying longevity-giving materials to surfaces
- Providing feedback to the client on progress/any challenges
- Keeping all internal stakeholders in the loop with progress
- Project management of the project from customer engagement, through inception and design until finally handing over to operations for full scale production
Within this Project Engineer role you will deal with lots of different challenges, and no two days will be the same. You will work on projects from Formula 1 to aerospace, from defence to nuclear and everything in between.
What’s in it for you?
- World class training with a global industry leader
- Exposure to varied projects in a highly technical, engineering environment
- A salary of £25,000-£30,000
- A quarterly bonus
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays, so 33 days in total)
- BUPA healthcare (after probation)
- Critical illness cover
- Genuine progression opportunities with potential to change function/business unit
This Project Engineer role is commutable from Milton Keynes, Bedford, Luton, Aylesbury, Northampton, Leighton Buzzard, Buckingham, Bicester, Banbury
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Design, R&D & Projects Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994
Probe Recruitment is looking to appoint Trainee Recruitment Consultants to join our growing and successful team.
Ideally you will be driven, a quick learner, hardworking and resilient, as these traits will enable a Trainee Recruitment Consultant to quickly build a successful patch and grow their earnings.
Some of the features that a Trainee Recruitment Consultant can expect from working for Probe include:
- An Outstanding Commission Scheme – You could earn up to 30% on the fees that you generate, and you can earn commission on 100% of your billings.
- Highly Competitive Basic Salaries – Commensurate with experience.
- A Structured Career Development Pathway – To Team Manager or Principal level.
- A Highly Knowledgeable Team - You will work with some highly experienced and successful Consultants, some of whom have worked here for over 21 years.
- Reduce Your Daily Commute - If you live in North Birmingham, you could cut the time and cost of going into the city each day.
- Free Car Parking Provided
- Pension & Healthcare Provided – After a short qualifying period.
- An Excellent Working Environment – This is a very friendly office culture, and we adopt a mature approach to KPI management.
- Incentives - We run a regular individual and team-based incentives, where you can win prizes and Michelin Star meals. We also value and reward longevity with long service awards.
If you are a driven individual, ideally with some sales experience, and would like to be become a Trainee Recruitment Consultant, I’d be very keen to discuss this opportunity with you in greater detail.
You can initiate that conversation by applying via this advertisement, or you can call or contact me directly – email@example.com / 0121 321 4311.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Technical Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994
The business has supplied sophisticated technology to the petrochemical industry, power plants, marine, nuclear and other plants for over 30 years, providing multi-million-dollar projects and services.
In addition, they provide extensive subcontract engineering projects and services to major industry players.
This Contract Design Engineer's role is oiutside of IR35
Design Engineer's Role
For a minimum of three months, (with a good chance of this being extended) the client requires the services of an experienced AutoCAD Design Engineer, primarily 3D design.
- You will be a skilled AutoCAD Design Engineer, with 3D proficiency
- The incumbent will be responsible for Electro-Mechanical design and packaging
- Drawing from board sketches
- Once the design is finished, you will need to create formal drawings, mainly 3D modelling
- Parametric design
- Design for manufacture
- Design for assembly
- Candidates with their own seat may be considered
- Start available within two weeks
Hours and Rate
- Rate negotiable dependant on experience, £20.00 - £30.00 per hour
- 37 hours per week
- 8am – 4:30pm, 1pm finish on Fridays
This Design Engineer's role is Commutable From: Nottingham, Derby, Mansfield,
An Electronic Engineer is required to join a small team in the Walsall area, with the creation and development of a range of safety critical products.
The role will be part of a wider multidisciplined engineering team of 25 individuals, who collectively develop world leading electronic products for a global market.
Electronic Engineer Benefits:
- 33 Days Holidays (Inc Bank Hols)
- Bonus (Quarterly)
- Early Finish on Fridays (1pm)
- Great Career Enhancement opportunities
The Electronic Engineer will report directly to the Team Design Manager but will also have some responsibility of leading and mentoring a small sub team of 3 Engineers.
Hardware Electronics will be the main part of this role with PCB, Microcontrollers and PIC, but a good knowledge and understanding of Embedded Software will also be required to carry out the duties of the role effectively.
Research & Development from concept through to technology fixes and upgrades will be part of the daily function of the role, along with:
- Design, Research and Test activities.
- PCB Board, PIC, Embedded C Design activities
- Project Engineering activities
- Project Design Changes
- Prototype Builds
- Documentation and Report Writing
The right candidate for the Electronic Engineer will be:
- Degree Qualified in Electronic or Software Engineering
- 4 Years industry experience in Electronic and Hardware Design
- Strong Product Development experience
- Strong communication skills
- Good knowledge of PIC, Microcontrollers, PCB Design and Embedded C
- Some knowledge of working with Safety Critical (Safe C / Misra etc.)
- Good Prototyping and Testing exposure
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing organisation that has a proud history of developing their staff and offering them a rewarding and a quick promotional career path.
Commutable from Wolverhampton, Telford, Stafford, Kidderminster, Lichfield, Birmingham, Worcester, Cannock.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Design Engineer with a minimum of 18 months Post-Graduation experience to join a full Product Development Lifecycle Design Team in the South Staffordshire area.
The company are currently involved with a wide range of international projects, that require concept design through to final build release for their customers, and current new business demands have given the company confidence to grow and invest in a stronger R&D Team to meet this growth.
Junior Design Engineer Benefits
- £24,000 - £26,000
- 32 Days Holidays (Inc Bank Hols)
- Continuation Training
- The role of a Junior Design Engineer is to be part of a small team of 4 Designers and will be quickly trained and supported to manage complete turnkey projects within a short period of time.
- 3D CAD with Solidworks, from outlay, concept, and prototype, through to DFM and Design Change activities.
- Project Engineering activities of working closely with internal and external parties.
The right applicant for the Junior Design Engineer will be:
- Degree qualified in either Product or Mechanical Design
- Strong 3D CAD skills – (Solidworks)
- Good exposure of Design for Manufacture principles
- Good exposure of Fabrications, Enclosures, Fittings and Fixture Design
- Strong Communication skills
- Good Project Engineering abilities
- 18 Months+ Industry experience
This is a great opportunity to become part of a busy and dynamic team, where projects are varied and offer different design challenges.
This Junior Design Engineer's role is Commutable from: Tamworth, Lichfield, Birmingham, Derby, Leicester, Burton
This is a great opportunity within a leading company’s centre of excellence, which is privately owned and with operations in 20 countries. In the UK, they develop and manufacture bespoke products, with over 90% being exported.
They currently have a number of patents, world firsts and are committed to continuous product development on a concurrent engineering basis.
Development Engineer Package and Benefits
- £4,000 company performance bonus
- Free life Assurance
- Joint contributory pension scheme,
- Private medical insurance (after a qualifying period)
- 37.5 hours per week – with flexible hours
- Early finish on Friday’s
Commutable From: Milton Keynes, Leicester, Peterborough, Rugby, Kettering, Corby, Wellingborough, Banbury, Market Harborough, St Neots
Due to further growth, a vacancy has arisen in the R&D department for a Mechanical Development Engineer with special responsibility for finite element simulation.
The position is intended as a junior role for applicants who typically have approximately 3 years post-graduate industrial experience, who can grow into the role and gain the required skills and knowledge from more experienced colleagues and additional training provided by the company.
Development Engineer Key Duties
- Support the design and development of products by use of SolidWorks CAD software, ANSYS simulation software and other tools and techniques as required.
- Conducting structural integrity calculations (based on formula and FEA), relating to pressure safety requirements and compliance with the Pressure Equipment Directive and other international pressure equipment regulations.
Development Engineer Key Skills Required
- A minimum 2:1 degree in Mechanical Engineering or related subject from an IMechE accredited course.
- Familiarity and preferably practical experience with core mechanical engineering theory including stress analysis, dynamics, thermodynamics and fluids.
- Experience using Mathcad
- Typically 3 years industrial experience in a technical Engineering role, preferably in new product development environment.
- Preferable - experience in applying stress analysis techniques.
- A minimum of 1 year’s practical experience using simulation software (preferably ANSYS) conducting stress, thermal and modal analyses and knowledge of ANSYS APDL and the Workbench environment would be advantageous
This is a well-established multi-disciplinary business, with a diverse project workload. They offer work that is varied and interesting and challenging in its own right.
Key to the role, is the successful management of projects, management of a small team and meeting the client expectations.
This is an immediate requirement for a proven Chartered Structural Engineer, so client will move quickly for the right person. Client will also consider candidates who will be looking to relocate.
- Salary £48,000 - £58,000, dependant on experience
- Payment of Professional Subscriptions
- 30 days holiday
- Christmas shutdown
Chartered Structural Engineer Candidate Essentials
- Chartered Structural Engineer with membership of the IStructE
- 5 plus years UK work experience.
- Experienced with multi-disciplinary consultancy detailed design work on complex engineering projects in residential, commercial and industrial sectors both for new build and modification. Design skills in a wide range of materials which must include a good design knowledge of concrete, masonry and steel.
- Experienced with following good quality assurance practices including a good understanding of all relevant health and safety implications of design work.
- Ability to train and mentor junior engineering staff.
- Ideally, you will have MIStructE with 4 years post Chartership experience.
The business currently utilises Microsoft office, AutoCAD, Revit, Tekla TEDDS, SCIA, IDEA Statica & 3D Max.
Chartered Structural Engineer Key Responsibilities
- The ideal candidate will be experienced with providing management and support to junior engineers and or CAD support.
- You will be experienced in the cost-effective and efficient management of multiple projects and be successful in delegation.
- Responsible for the production of clear, concise and accurate professional reports, documentation and correspondence for both construction professionals and domestic clients.
Commutable From: Milton Keynes, Northampton, Bedford, Luton, Aylesbury, Banbury
Recruitment Consultant – Sutton Coldfield
Are you an experienced Recruiter or Salesperson, who perhaps loves what you do, but not where you do it? Does specialist and niche interest you more than big and generalist? Would you be inspired by, working with highly knowledgeable colleagues who could make you better at your job? If this has piqued your interest, please read on, as our two current vacancies may be of interest.
A common question I receive is, do I need experience? There’s no doubt that it can be an advantage, particularly at first, but it’s your attitude to sales, and how you would build a successful long-term business, coupled with an openness to develop which is more important than experience. If you possess these attributes, then you would do well here, just as others have, in some cases for 20 years.
With Probe, it’s not so much what you do, but how you do it that’s important. Our Consultants are relationship builders rather than archetypal Salespeople. They work with clients to help resolve a problem, rather than see a client as an opportunity to make a quick buck. They understand that if they do the right things by their clients, those relationships should look after them in the future.
But this is of course a sales role, and there would be targets, but you would be supported to achieve those targets, and you would enjoy all of the normal trappings of working within an established recruitment consultancy of nearly 30 years, such as an outstanding commission scheme, a structured career pathway, incentives, and working with an amazing team.
If you have some recruitment or sales experience, ideally within a technical field, and would like to find out whether we could be a good fit for you, then please contact Andy Davies directly – firstname.lastname@example.org / 0121 321 4311.