Probe Technical Recruitment operates a specialist sector that operates solely within consulting engineering for the built and natural environment. Our consultants have more than 20 years’ experience recruiting on behalf of the UK’s most celebrated and well respected firms of Consulting Engineers, ranging from small specialist companies through to large multi-disciplined groups.
We pride ourselves on attracting both top performers and career opportunities exclusively for this sector and our focus is senior and 'difficult to fill' design and management positions operating within the following sectors but not limited to:
- Rail / Rail Bridges
- Roads / Roads Bridges / Highways
- Transport Planning
If you would like a confidential discussion surrounding strategic hiring for your organisation or your own career path we would be delighted to hear from you to determine how our services can assist you in finding the right solution so please call us on 0121 321 4311
1 Job Found
We are working with a multi-disciplinary architectural and engineering consultancy based in the Bedfordshire area. This part of the organisation has recently created a new Structures Team and due to early success and continued growth plans, an opportunity has been created to help develop the team further. The team works across several sectors with a current bias towards residential.
The currently team set up consists of a Department Head – Director and a number of engineers and technicians. However a more senior member of staff is now needed to assist the director with running the team and checking the work of the engineers. This person will act as the director’s deputy. The role would suit someone recently chartered, probably with around 8-10 years post-graduation experience, and looking for an increase in responsibility.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in working with all the main structural materials and a range of project types.
- Working closely with the structures team director, involved in the majority of projects in the team.
- Providing overall direction to the rest of the team.
- Taking personal control of more complex projects, particularly at the concept stage
- Checking the work of engineers and technicians.
- Assisting the director in managing workload, fees and invoicing.
- Attending meetings to represent Woods Hardwick to Clients and other design professionals.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree in civil or structural engineering.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in the design of UK building structures.
- Ability to design in all the main structural materials.
- Capable of sketching to quickly explore ideas and communicate with others.
- Experience in producing and checking structural calculations.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor more junior staff.
- Desire to take responsibility for projects and assist in the development of the team.
- Experience of using TEDDS calculation package
- Knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Experience of working on existing buildings
The company offer a good salary package with set review dates and other great benefits such as:
- Retirement benefits scheme
- Income protection
- Life assurance scheme
- Medical expenses scheme
- Medical cash plan
- Travel insurance
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Car parking