Client is a global manufacturer of heavy engineering products and services that deliver lifecycle solutions to maximize customer return on investment. They deliver lifecycle solutions to a broad range of industries, including construction, infrastructure, manufacturing, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utility, quarrying and mining.
As a Design Engineer, reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for a wide variety of engineering tasks.
Key Reasons to Join This Business:
- UK and Global travel opportunities
- Opportunities to progress through the design structure
- Exposure to customers & all areas of the business including manufacture
- Working for a global leader
- Exciting projects & opportunities to innovate including patent designs
- Complete Engineering Change Notice (ECN) for release to document control
- Interfaces with R&D for key product supplier formulating test plans/executing test plans
- Assign and conduct drawing changes and updates
- Create technical specifications to support new and existing products to facilitate product assembly
- Review technical documentation for accuracy
- Design parts and assemblies as designated.
- Work with production team members to understand and resolve problems
- Degree educated or equivalent in Engineering
- Design experience heavy equipment design would be highly advantageous
- Competent user of 3D Solid Modelling CAD, ideally Pro-Engineer / Creo Parametric and familiarity with Product Data Management (PDM) systems
- Good technical expertise in mechanical and hydraulic systems
- A good understanding of the various applications that the equipment can operate in along with an appreciation for the expected performance of the machines.
- Creativity and innovative thinking
- Experience with Oracle TMS a plus
- Good English communication skill, both written and spoken;
- Good Presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates should have a “can do” attitude and be able to work as part of a team to meet the deadlines required
£28,000 - £32,000 (negotiable)
Commutable from Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Loughborough, Burton upon Trent, Hinckley, Nuneaton
Are you an experienced Tooling Engineer / Toolmaker looking for a new challenge within a high-quality niche industry?
This is a global organisation seeking an experienced Tooling Engineer / Toolmaker to support their site in the heart of the Midlands. Supporting the Toolroom function whilst following all safety procedures to continue the high-quality products produced on site.
The Toolmaker will be flexible to working double days(6am – 2.15pm & 2pm – 10.15pm) and nights when required as well as:
- Support the Foundry production, manufacturing cells, carry out repairs and maintenance to tools on and off machines.
- Strip down of open and shut dies / with sliding hydraulic / manual cores
- Welding and reforming
- Manufacturing Jigs and Fixtures
- Manufacturing punches and core pins from drawings
Skills & Experience:
The successful Toolmaker will have:
- Knowledge of Hydraulic cylinders
- Skills in welding and free hand forming of cavity steel
- Machining, lathe, horizontal miller, surface grinding, cylindrical grinding and radial drill experience
- Read and understand CAD drawings
- Die casting / Injection Moulding experience
I would be keen to speak with candidates who have experience as a Toolmaker / Tooling Engineer who are seeking a new opportunity.
A competitive salary
Generous holiday entitlement
Training if required
This role is commutable from Wolverhampton, Willenhall, Dudley, Walsall, Telford, Birmingham, and surrounding areas.
For an informal chat or to apply for this position or to discuss any further please send your CV complete with a cover letter ASAP.
Due to the continued success within the business, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced
CAD Design Draughtsperson to join a thriving team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an established and progressive company. In return, you will receive a
competitive salary (negotiable depending upon experience) along with a comprehensive benefits package, which
includes a company pension, free parking and generous holiday allowance.
- Production of foundation and planning drawings
- Production of full working drawings for building fabrication and erection
- Production of accurate order lists for each building
- Negotiation of all purchasing costs with suppliers and completion of regular pricing reviews (on a job-by-job
- Interpretation of customer quotes/briefs and initial conversations with customers to understand and clarify
- their design requirements
- Scheduling and completing site visits as required by Drawing team
- Provision of technical advice and assistance to customers and colleagues
- Proofing of colleagues work to ensure that detailed drawings are completed accurately in order to prevent issues occurring on site and additional expenses being incurred or issues caused that may impact on client’s reputation
- Request and provide appropriate information to obtain structural calculations and SER certification
- Liaise with and respond to questions from the Fabrication teams
- Positively promote the company brand at all opportunities
- Ensure that all health and safety policies are adhered to at all times
- Proven design experience
- AutoCAD proficient
- A good knowledge of steel portal framed building and associated materials
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong visual awareness and attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to manage people
- Logistical thinker
- Good numeracy skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Computer literate
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to manage conflict
- Self-motivated and driven
- The ability to work as part of a team
Commutable from Wrexham, Chester, Oswestry, Stafford, Northwich, Stoke on Trent, Market Drayton
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT ENGINEER
£35,000 + 37.50 hours a week + 33 days holiday + pension scheme + private car park
Are you an experienced Continuous Improvement Engineer? We have the role for you!!
One of our biggest clients is looking for a Continuous Improvement Engineer to join their team in order to help aid and sustain the growth of the business.
- As process improvement engineer you will be utilising Lean principles and continuous improvement methodology.
- In this role you will optimise processes for increased productivity, minimum energy consumption, maximum process efficiency and minimum total system cost.
- Conduct and model innovative process development experiments, process simulations and report results.
- As Continuous improvement engineer you will Improve the quality of the product to sustainable levels and drive defects in raw materials, end products and all other inputs to zero.
- As Continuous Improvement Engineer you will work effectively with other teams
- Expereince within a manufacturing environment is essential
- Ideally you will have experience in the Textiles, Chemical or Materials Industry
- You will nead experience in a previous Continuous or Process improvement role
- As Continuous Improvement Engineer you will need experience with Lean Tools and Ideally Six Sigma
- £35,000 Salary
- Great working environment
- Competitive Pension
- 33 Days Holiday
- Life and Health Insurance
- Bonus Scheme
- Secure position within a growing company
Please feel free to have a confidential chat on the details below. What are you waiting for?
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
£35,000 + COMPETITVE PENSION, 33 DAYS HOLIDAY + COMPETITVE PENSION
Are you looking for a new opportunity or maybe a new challenge for you to sink your teeth in to?
We have the role for you!
We are looking for an Experience Quality Assurance Manager to work for our highly respected client who is well known within their industry.
- As the Quality Manager you will be responsible for hosting regulatory and customer audits
- You will be responsible for the maintaining and the lead of the Quality Management System
- You will also be responsible for approvals of NADCAP
- As quality assurance manager you will need experience with AS9001
- A background is aerospace is a must
- For this quality assurance manager role you will experienced with SABRE and NADCAP
- Competitive salary
- Excellent pension scheme
- 33 days holiday
- Very reputable and strong company
- Stable career progression
- Free parking
What are you waiting for? Get in touch and apply now!
A position has become available for an Engineering Manager to join leading organisation based in the Penrith location
- Manage the Engineering Budget and developments on site.
- Establishes and maintains high standards in discipline, safety and housekeeping by monitoring and reviewing performance
- Regularly monitor Supervisors and Senior engineers on site, you will also look after the career development of staff, and arrange training when needed.
- Promotes and develops engineering staff to achieve high standards from the department in innovation, CI, daily management, CAMF activities and team-working.
- Manages staff to achieve major, minor and capital engineering developments successfully.
- Must hold a degree within Mechanical or Electrical engineering.
- Hold Engineering knowledge and skills
- Previous Experience within a similar position
- Must hold strong communication skills
Salary - £40,000 / £50,000
35 days holiday
Vouchers and more
Industry: Heavy Industry
If the details look of interest and you hold the experience required please do not hesitate to send your CV ASAP.
Who We Are
Probe UK is a leading technical engineering recruitment consultancy that specialises in all aspects of the engineering sector. From aeronautical and automotive engineering to precision engineering, manufacturing and technical designers, we have worked for clients from all spectrums of the engineering and design industry in sourcing the perfect candidates.
Probe provided me with valuable assistance and advice when I was searching for a new role. It was a pleasure working with them, I cannot recommend them highly enough. I found their approach honest, reliable and he totally understood what I was looking for, something which isn't always the case with recruiters. I would not hesitate to contact Probe in the future if my circumstances changed