6 Yorkshire Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Biased maintenance engineer to join a leading organisation based in the Doncaster location. This role will be to work PERMANENT NIGHTS - flexibility is key to the role.
- Carrying out essential maintenance on all aspects of the production lines,
- Working through a programme of PPM and helping develop the agility maintenance system.
- Attending breakdowns, ensuring machine safety standards are kept to the highest level and ensuring critical spares are maintained to ensure minimal downtime of the machinery.
- Improving factory OEE through development and innovation of the production facility.
Skill Set & Qualifications
- Previous experience within a Mechanical Biased Role
- Experience with Hydraulics & Pneumatics
- Arc / MIG Welding abilities / Fabrication Skills
- Grinding / Cutting / Conveyor systems
- Ideally, we are looking for an Apprentice trained mechanical engineer
- Holding a formal qualifications within Mechanical engineering.
Salary : £35,283
Childcare Vouchers and More
Shift: Perm NIGHTS Sunday through to Thursday
Location : Doncaster
If the position looks of interest please send your CV ASAP.
A position has become available for a Maintenance Electrician d to join a leading organisation based in the Doncaster location. (Previous experience within a Heavy environment is key)
- Installation of new plant equipment
- Monitor and maintain all equipment on site
- Fault finding and repairs
- Fault finding abilities with Siemens PLC’s
- Experience with Single and 3 Phase systems
- Your will be working within a maintenance team to ensure that all plant equipment and machinery on site are operating efficiently. You will ensure a safe working environment at all times. Hold Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing.
- Apprentice trained
- HNC / ONC Electrical Engineering
- 18th Editions
- Experience with Siemens PLC’s
- Single and 3 Phase systems
- Hydraulics & Pneumatics
- Previous experience within a Heavy Environment
- Salary : £36,000 - £37,000
- Shift: Continental 4on-4off 6am till 6pm (Days only)
- Generous Holiday
- Childcare Vouchers
- Location: Doncaster
- Industry: Heavy Industry
This Contract is for an initial 12-months work, supporting a team of nine Engineers, to assist in the clearing of a backlog, whilst focusing on keeping the facility running smoothly. You will need to be experienced in working with Customers; whether internal or external from design through to install and commissioning.
- The role sits within the Global Test Technology Team, supporting turbo testing facilities to ensure equipment is suitably maintained and upgraded to meet ever changing business requirements.
- The role will support daily customer requests for pipe connection adapter and rig designs along with individual aspects of major test cell up fits and overhauls. The role will also support daily requirements of the lab to ensure operational efficiency and safety.
- The individual must have strong communication skills, working with product engineers and manufacturers to define scope of works/specifications, design solutions, procure components and assemble/test in alignment with business needs.
- Working within a highly experienced team of Mechanical Engineers the successful candidate must cooperate and take guidance from those around them whilst challenging capabilities to ensure continuous improvement.
- The working environment is fast paced with the need to manage multiple projects of varying priority and complexity, there is therefore a requirement to prioritise own work while acting cohesively within the team to ensure success.
- Experienced Mechanical Engineer (5 years plus industrial experience) with an in-depth knowledge of engineering design/manufacturing, project management and facility change management. Previous experience of working in a Test environment (specifically turbocharger/rotating machine testing) would be advantageous although is not essential.
- Test equipment specification and design (use of CREO or similar design software required), experience in material selection and manufacturing methods.
- Project Management - Establishes and maintains the "Balanced Triangle" of Scope, Schedule and Resources for a temporary effort (a "project"), with use of quality tools to ensure high quality decision making - Measurement systems analysis, structured problem solving, fault tree analysis, risk assessment and process hazard analysis.
- A working knowledge of data acquisition and mechatronics is desirable, with previous experience of interpreting test procedures and methods.
- Working knowledge of HSE standards to ensure safe working practices (e.g. lifting equipment, ergonomics, hot working and working at heights), decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Effective communication - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences, building networks - effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Resourcefulness - Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently, managing complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- A College or University Degree in Engineering Technology or equivalent, is required.
- Mechanical or Chemical Engineering Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree is highly desirable.
- £31.00 - £32.00 per hour
Our client is looking for an experienced Design Engineer to join the existing team to support with much of the Electrical AutoCAD work, alongside four other team members.
You will be supporting a specific project for a new test facility, for which allowance has been made up to January 2020. The bulk of the CAD work will be carried out by another employee; however, this contractor will need to be more of a decision maker, someone who can make suitable suggestions and add more to the design philosophy behind the project.
Key Responsibilities :
- The role is primarily focused on working as part of a small team of Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers and software Engineers to develop turbocharger performance testing facilities located within clients testing laboratory.
- The scope of the design skill required, includes the design of low voltage control systems (up to 400VAC), safety PLC integration and programming, distributed instrumentation and control design, using a mixture of analogue, digital and bus-based protocols.
- The individual must have strong communication and teamwork skills, working with the design team to define scope of works/specifications, design solutions, procure components and assemble/test in alignment with business needs.
- Working within a highly experienced team of Engineers the successful candidate must cooperate and take guidance from those around them whilst challenging capabilities to ensure continuous improvement.
- Experienced Electrical / Electronic Engineer (5 years plus industrial experience) with an in-depth knowledge of engineering design/manufacturing. Previous experience of working in a Test environment (specifically turbocharger/rotating machine testing) would be advantageous although is not essential.
- Use of AutoCAD electrical for producing schematics, layout drawings, BOMS, wiring schedules and supporting documentation, using the agreed company standards.
- Liaising with panel and enclosure build technicians (in house) to ensure a consistent build process. Devising, documenting and carrying out subsystem testing prior to full system assembly in the test facility.
- Developing innovative solutions to potentially complex measurement or control problems. Carrying out DFMEA or similar assessments as part of a team to ensure designs meet functional and safety requirements.
- Working with the team and project leader to agree time / resource plans, consideration given to scope of work and project risk. Reporting of progress vs plan and developing mitigation plans as necessary.
- Knowledge of the following standards and technologies would be highly beneficial; Machinery directive and associated BS-EN standards to compliance, Allen Bradley RSLogix/Studio 5000 programming and hardware design for safety PLCs, Common industrial protocol for Allen Bradley PLC, Modbus sensors and control elements.
- Distributed I/O systems, Allen Bradley / Rockwell VFDs for typical 5kW machinery, ABB VFDs for typical 5kW machinery, Eurotherm and EPACK controllers and iTools software
- College/University Degree in Engineering Technology or equivalent, is required. Electrical or Electronics Engineering Bachelor’s or Master’s degree highly desirable.
- Electrical qualification for LV design work, i.e. 17th Edition wiring regulations.
£30.00 - £32.00 per hour
Maintenance Team Leader - Mechanically Biased
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Team Leader (Mechanically Biased) to join a leading organisation based in the Doncaster location.
Ideally the Maintenance Team Leader will hold:
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Experience with Plant equipment and machinery
- Experience within a Manufacturing Environment in essential to the role
- Previous Team-Leader / Supervisory experience
- Carry out all PPM as requested
- Assist with the installation of new plant equipment
- Must hold exposure to health and safety standards
- Carry out inspections of the Plant.
- Apprentice trained
- Ideally looking for a ONC / HNC in Mechanical Engineering
- Supervisory / Team Leader experience in Essential. (PROVEN Experience)
- Salary: £39,228
- Shift: 6am till 6pm - 4on / 4off
- Childcare Vouchers
- Generous Holiday
- Sick-Pay and More
- Location: Doncaster
- Industry: Heavy
Maintenance Electrician - Multi-Skilled
A position has become available for an Maintenance Electrician to join an organisation based in the Doncaster Location
Experience with the following Equipment:
- Multi-Skilled maintenance engineer role / Electrically biased
- CNC punching presses
- CNC forming presses
- Hydraulic forming presses
- Metal rolling machines
- Mechanical power presses
- MIG & TIG welding
- Manual drilling/tapping machines
- Semi-automatic powder coating plant
- Bespoke assembly lines complete with various electrical test equipment
- Apprentice trained
- ONC / City & Guilds in Electrical Engineering
- 17th Editions / 18th Editions
- Previous experience within a Manufacturing organisation
Salary : £29,000
Shift: Days 07:30am till 4pm / Friday 07:30am till 13:30pm
25 + 8 Days
Option to purchase more holiday
Industry: Manufacturing organisation
If the details look of interest and you hold the experience required please send our CV ASAP.