3 Work From Home Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
TECHNICAL SALES MANAGER
A brand-new opportunity has a risen for a Technical Sales Manager in the construction industry.
Have you previously worked as a Technical Sales Manager in the construction industry? This role is with a company who sells construction monitoring equipment into the construction industry. Do you have a good knowledge of this type of equipment?
This is a company with a strong environmental ethos and provide cost effective measuring equipment to the construction industry to help them deal with environmental problems, caused from infrastructure projects.
- £40,000 - £50,000
- Quarterly bonus paid up to 20%
- Remote Working
- On occasion you will be expected to go to different building sites and speak with clients
- Updating existing and new clients on all of the different products that we have to offer
- As Technical Sales Manager you will be expected to expand and discovering new clients
- Understanding the clients needs for the equipment
- Keeping the accounts up to date and developing lead generation
- This is a remote working role which requires you to be in the office for only 4 days a month
- You are expected to use public transport when going to see clients
- Understanding the client’s needs for this equipment
- Reporting to the UK Regional Manager
- Offering the clients different benefits through our systems
This is a dynamic role and suitable ideally for an experienced Technical Sales Manager who is looking to advance their career in the Construction industry at a fast-paced growing company.
This role is commutable from: South London, West London, Brighton, Eastbourne, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Guildford, Crawley
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Sales Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994
CONSTRUCTION QUANTITY SURVEYOR
This is a permanent work from home role, although you will need to travel to meet clients on-site.
The Quantity Surveyor You will be required to work on projects throughout the UK; across all sectors of the Construction industry. You will be expected to work autonomously, with a great deal of responsibility being handed over from the Commercial Director. This role needs to have a strong interface with the Estimating and Finance functions of the business.
Salary, Hours and Benefits
- £35,000 - £40,000
- Car allowance
- Minimum 40 hrs per week as dictated to meet the needs of the business
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
Desired Skills, Experience and Qualifications (but not limited to)
- Proven record of success as an accomplished Quantity Surveyor within the Civil Engineering or Construction sector. Experience of working within a specialist sub-contracting organisation and/or the piling or geotechnical engineering sector would be desirable but not mandatory
- Whilst specific formal commercial qualifications are not essential, they are highly desirable, ideally with a degree in Quantity Surveying, with in depth understanding of construction processes – ideally combined with knowledge of geotechnical activities
- The pressure and fixed nature of deadlines for various commercial activities means some late nights may be needed. Overnight stays are rare, but you will need to travel to meet clients on site
- Working knowledge of basic plant, equipment and materials. Experience of working for both parties of a contract, i.e. Main Contractor and Sub Contractor
- The Quantity Surveyor will have good working knowledge of various forms of Conditions of Contract, particularly the NEC and JCT suites
- Strong commercial awareness with excellent numeracy skills. Strong negotiator with the ability to articulate themselves extremely well in both written and verbal communications
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of relevant software, strong organisational skills, experience with project costing software and the ability to work flexibly and make decisions quickly
Quantity Surveyor Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Reviewing and agreeing Sub-Contract conditions with a wide variety of clients seeking to use various forms of contract, although mainly NEC and JCT
- Monitoring and reporting of costs and revenue to determine the financial outcome and profitability of individual contracts
- Carrying out and monitoring the applications for payments, following up and resolving late or disputed monies due
- Ongoing and post contract administration. Carrying out checks on the creditworthiness of clients and where necessary, securing additional credit insurance and/or agreeing a suitable payment process
- Liaising with both the Estimating and Contracts teams to ensure that the company’s objectives are met and where necessary, report risk to the Commercial Director
- Monitor projects performance and visit sites on a regular basis and where necessary report risk to the Commercial Director
- Assist with ensuring that all stakeholders understand and adhere to contractual obligations, ensuring that the financial aspects, risk and potential impact of a contract are clear to all parties and the training of other Quantity Surveyors as necessary
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Technical Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994
As Contracts Manager you will report to the Operations Manager regarding all respective projects and team performance. You will be required to ensure all relevant paperwork is completed for all projects. You will then work with the HSEQ Manager and other Piling Contracts Managers to ensure the successful delivery of projects and complete satisfaction of clients.
You will manage the site teams and ensure project work deadlines are met. Ensure that work performance and issues are reviewed, with a vow of constantly striving to improve your team’s efficiency.
This position would suit both a well experienced candidate, and even a Graduate with relevant work experience.
Salary, Hours and Benefits
- £35,000 - £48,000, dependant on level and experience
- 40 hours per week, 8:30am – 5:00pm (due to the nature of the role, extra hours will likely be required)
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
Desired Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Demonstrable Contracts Manager experience
- Construction Degree/Qualification (Preferable)
- Sound construction knowledge and experience to include steel piling
- Knowledge and understanding of various standard construction contracts
- Passport to Safety
- Appointed person for lifting operations
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Conduct project file briefing prior to commencement of work to Works supervisor and conduct Prestart meetings. Upon completion of handover from the applicable estimator, undertake all necessary actions/arrangements for the delivery of the project.
- The Contracts Manager will liaise with Clients as required and at close of project obtain Client’s feedback – from this, implement any action needed. When needed visit site and complete Site Visit Form along with relevant photos.
- Issue HSEQ Manager with instructions to create a Site Folder for each project. These instructions have to include the following: Equipment to be used, Staffing levels and rolls, Location of project, Project plans, Site Visit Form and Commercial file. Ensure lift plans are completed and added to Site File along with supporting documentation.
- Work with the Operations Manager to ensure the development of policies and procedures that clearly reflect and support the undertaking of the Contracts department and work closely and efficiently with other Contracts Managers ensuring smooth project delivery. Ensure the Works Supervisor is aware of the requirements regarding project paperwork and the client’s needs
- Ensure that the Works Team have all been fully briefed on the project file and expectations by the Works Supervisor. Working with the Works Supervisor ensure all staff have and use the appropriate PPE.
- Ensure all staff are aware of their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act and ensure all activities are undertaken correctly and safely. Conduct site inspections, audits and Toolbox Talks.
- Contracts Manager will liaise with Yard Manager and Transport Manager for the successful delivery to site of necessary machinery and equipment. Provide regular reports and feedback to Operations Manager regarding project progress, delivery requirements, project issues and conduct of your team