13 Staffordshire Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
This is an opportunity to join a growing and expanding business. The business is a supplier of quality systems for large engineering projects across a number of sectors. They work on systems within the power generation sector from hydroelectric power stations to critical plant within the nuclear industry. They also create systems to aid flood defence and fail-safe systems to combat the potential effects of natural disasters within cities.
They design and manufacture complete hydraulic systems using Solidworks including Power Units, actuators and accumulators through to installation, commissioning and servicing.
- Management of multiple projects and clients
- Developing and designing Hydraulic Schematics, General arrangements, Actuators and Manifolds
- Production of Bills of Materials
- Liaising with customers to refine requirement and design parameters
- Working on projects from original concept to complete manufacture
- 3D CAD proficiency in producing quality detailed engineering drawings (Solidworks preferable)
- HNC or equivalent in engineering is preferred
- Knowledge of Industrial Hydraulics or Mobile Hydraulics would be highly advantageous
- Mechanical, Production or relevant Engineering background
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills, able to balance priorities of multiple projects
- Knowledge of a wide range of manufacturing techniques
- £35,000 - £40,000 dependent on skill set and experience
This Senior Engineer role is commutable from Stafford, Uttoxeter, Stoke on Trent, Crewe, Leek, Congleton
ENGINEERING CHANGE COORDINATOR
HIGH VOLUME MANUFACTURING
£25,000 - £28,500
CONTRACT - STRONG POSSIBILITY OF BECOMING PERMANENT
BARTON UNDER NEEDWOOD
An international manufacturing organisation need an Engineering Change Coordinator.
This is a fast paced, dynamic working environment, staffed with very friendly people, making it a very pleasant working environment.
Your primary responsibility would be to ensure, as the Engineering Change Coordinator, you will coordinate engineering product and process change as per budget and on time.
Though this is an initial 3- month contract, there is a STRONG POSSIBILITY, that this will become a permanent appointment.
- Coordinate engineering product and process change
- Upkeep of change register
- Upkeep of modifications documentation
- Engineering change control management
- Escalate any timing / cost slippages
- Coordinate interdepartmental meetings
- Escalate cost concerns of engineering changes
- Monitor any obsolescence
- Promote good 5S and H&S environment
- Good standard of education
- Relevant change coordination experience
- Ideally, you will have gained your experience from within a fast -paced manufacturing environment
- Excellent IT skills
- Strong ability to organise
- Cope well within a pressured and fast paced environment
- Good ability to interpret and generate procedural documentation
This would be an IMMEDIATE START, with a very strong potential for this to become PERMANENT
The opportunity would give you an excellent in-sight into a world class manufacturing organisation, which can offer you great experience and once permanent, outstanding prospects.
Send your CV ASAP.
An experienced sales co-ordinator with at least 3 years experience in internal sales /customers service is required by a leading business in Tamworth.
As Sales Co-ordinator you will be responsible for:
• Co-ordination of all specified customer's orders including order acknowledgements, purchase orders, material allocation, shipping and delivery details.
• Preparation of monthly logistic status report for key accounts and Management of customer forecast requirements
• Review raw material requirements and liaise order details with our procurement department.
Ensuring co-ordination and timely replies to all customer queries.
• Providing commercial and administrative support to the Management team.
• Monitor batch schedule and release production works orders to maintain continuous production and buffer levels.
• Perform any other reasonable requests made by the Company for which you have the necessary training and experience.
• Preparation of customer quotations including spot sales business.
This Area Sales Manager role will be Home Based! And offers: an Excellent Salary Plus a Fabulous Benefits Package, incl; 35 days holiday incl bank holidays! Bonus Scheme! Annual Pay Review! Company Car! Excellent Pension! Free parking! It offers a stable career within a World leading organisation. A super opportunity!
As the - Area Sales Manager you will be working for a true leader in their field - worldwide!! They have sites in over 30 countries!!! They are known and respected for their outstanding reputation for Quality and Customer Service. They take care of their workforce - an amazing organisation to be part of!
As the Area Sales Manager:
- You will be responsible for driving sales within your region and identifying and meeting the needs of the customer, delivering a quality service.
- You will work from home for the majority of the time and out in your region (Greater Manchester, Merseyside, Lancashire, North Staffordshire and North Wales), visiting your customers. Seeking out opportunities and taking action to enhance the profitability and performance of the business.
- Drive Sales of your product to deliver the sales plan
- To develop strong relationships with National Housebuilders and Contractors to drive specification
- To deliver CPD’s and technical presentations to architects / specifiers etc
- To develop strong working relationships with key Builders merchant/distributors to achieve growth
- To work closely with Business Development Managers and Key Account Managers within the business to achieve account plans
- To ensure excellent customer satisfaction and a quality service throughout the sales process
- To participate in business networking
I would be very excited to speak with you if you have / are experienced in:
- To be considered for this opportunity, you will ideally be qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in business, logistics or a commercial discipline
- You will have proven experience of working as a Area Sales Manager
- Working knowledge of hub supply chain, manufacturing processes, plant configuration, capacity and bottleneck processes will be required
- A background in a merchant, manufacturing, construction or distribution business would be required
- Outstanding Sales analytical skills
- MS Excel knowledge essential
- You must be highly motivated, with strong sales skills capable of working in a high pressure fast moving industry
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills are a must
- Drive and enthusiasm
- A proactive approach
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
Benefits Package for the Area Sales Manager:
- 35 days holiday incl bank holidays
- Annual Pay Review
- Bonus Scheme - subject to business performance
- Company Car
- One of the UK’s leading contribution pension schemes
- Discounts with local and national retailers and services
To find out more about this fabulous opportunity, please send your CV ASAP.
OPERATOR / WATER JET / SAWS
TEMPORARY - 4 / 5 MONTHS MINIMUM
£10.00 PER HOUR + OVERTIME + SHIFT PREMIUM (£24,500)
We are looking for an experienced Operator / Water Jet Cutter to join a busy engineering business on a permanent basis located In the Staffordshire area. This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who has experience within the Aerospace sector and enjoys working efficiently as part of a team.
- Ensure all m/c tool equipment is maintained through adherence to daily maintenance schedules /checks and to take due care whilst using machinery.
- Ensure the Waterjet areas are kept clean and tidy and organized in the most productive manner possible, whilst maintaining 5S requirements
- Complete all sales or internal works orders on time, accurately and to the highest possible standards. All hand- written detail on operation sheets must be clear, neat and legible.
- Provide suggestions for improvements that reduce cost / and or improve efficiencies
- Ensure works orders are marked correctly and accurately - using ink / dot peen equipment.
- Self- inspection of products manufactured
- Experience of running / setting Water jet cutting or saw machines
- Knowledge of cutting / machining
- Exposure of lean manufacturing principles i.e. 5S, TPM, and Visual Management
- Happy to work Double Days shifts and Overtime as and when required
- Work efficiently, productively and safely
- Have a good level of physical fitness
This is a friendly working environment, and there is a strong chance that the contract length will be extended.
Interested? Send your CV ASAP.
CNC SETTER / OPERATOR
£30,000 - £34,000 + PENSION + BONUS + OUTSTANDING PROSPECTS + FRIENDLY WORKING ENVIRONMENT
A PRESTIGIOUS manufacturing organisation in the Tamworth area are looking for an experienced CNC SETTER / OPERATOR
This is a high precision engineering company, with an International presence.
As their CNC SETTER / OPERATOR, you will be responsible for the efficient, productive, safe and secure day to day operation as part of the 5 axis Machine Tools
You may be a skilled CNC OPERATOR / OPERATOR, who also have some part programming abilities.
- Ensure all raw material and machined parts are handled correctly
- Set / Operate 3 & 5 Axis machine Tools (Mazatrol)
- Part programming, if experienced
- Milling and turning
- Working with high spec, high value materials
- Carrying out self-inspection
- Working 2 shifts, maybe further flexibility on a third shift if required
- It is essential that you have CNC Setting / Operating skills
- If you have any programming / part programming experience, this is beneficial, but not essential
- Mazak knowledge would be highly desirable
- CNC Machining and turning would be again, beneficial
- Flexible to work a 2 shift pattern, maybe 3 if needed
You will be joining an established manufacturing organisation, and you will be supported by a strong management team.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join continue your successful career. Send your CV ASAP.
Sales Engineer (Process Machinery)
A European manufacturer of bespoke process machinery and equipment is seeking an UK & IRE Sales Engineer to support a wide industry ranging customer base. The role will be based from their Midlands Technical Centre and will have direct reports locally and in Europe.
The origination has over 40 years history supplying bespoke products to their customers and have built a strong word-of-mouth reputation for quality and tailored services.
The organisation is seeking a qualified and experienced individual to act on a consultancy basis to qualify and quantify leads and enquires from concept through to final sign off for production and delivery/ installation. This type of work will often be a slow-burn with the need to manage and support the customers along the way (3 - 18 months)
The position will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining good communication lines and avenues with customers and internal departments.
- Collating relevant information, requirements and needs from customers enquires and leads.
- Attending customer site visits in regard to fact finding and understanding specific needs.
- Advising of cost, timelines and limitations with new and existing customers.
- Supporting tender and negotiation processes throughout the sales life cycle.
- Assist in the creation of correct design, specification and installation considerations along the way.
- Liaise with internal technical and system design teams and partners to ensure project costs and timelines can be met and are realistic.
- Put together up to date information and technology improvement to customers throughout the lifecycle of pre installation projects.
- Maintain a level of business and pipeline that is inline with the company’s own growth forecasts
- Maintain regular communication with internal R&D and Product Development Teams
- Attend regular client site and parent company meetings
- Keep all relevant parties in the loop with any changes or issues with orders and tenders.
- Represent the organisation at various tradeshows (Europe)
- Maintain a regular update of new and current marketing literature, that can be distributed to customers.
- The right candidate for this role will have a proven background in Technical Sales, especially in the area of machinery and process equipment.
- Have a formal qualification in an engineering subject (ONC / HNC / HND or above)
- Good exposure of customer liaison (Negotiation, Tendering, Collating Technical Specs and Project Managing)
- Strong and clear communication skills (Written and Verbal)
- A good technical appreciation and understanding of the process / manufacturing industries
- A good understanding of Layout Design (P&ID) Plant Layout
- A proven background in managing a longer sales life cycle project (3 - 18 months)
- Ability to drive and travel to various parts of the UK at short notice (1 - 2 Days per week)
- Willingness to travel to Europe for training and support training (1 Week)
This is a great role for an individual who enjoys the consultation side of sales. The company already has the reputation that means enquiries are always incoming and via recommendations and referrals.
For more information please forward your latest CV ASAP
LEAD TOOLING ENGINEER
BARTON UNDER NEEDWOOD
CONTRACT – IMMEDIATE START 6 MONTHS MINIMUM
HIGH VOLUME MANUFACTURING
£30 / £40 PER HOUR
A PRESTIGIOUS global manufacturing organisation, have an immediate requirement for a Lead Tooling Engineer.
This is an exceptionally friendly organisation, and you will be welcomed and made to feel at home very quickly.
They are a high volume, busy production facility, with extensive order books.
- Ensure tooling capability
- Provide tooling improvement solutions
- Upkeep of PM’s on Injection Mould Machine tooling
- Track tooling costs
- Provide hands-on support in the event of a failure / breakdown situation
- Organise support for weekend production
- Sign off of tooling
- Ensure tooling complies with company standards
- Track project timings
- Layout of storage of Injection Mould tooling
- Ensure CAD is up to date and assessible
- Maintain critical spares
- Support on -site trials
- Identification of obsolescence
- Follow up on quality alerts
- Promote 5S and H & S environment
- Identification of efficiency improvements
- Relevant experience gained from within plastic injection moulding
- Ideally, you will have gained your experience from within a fast- paced manufacturing environment
- Tool & Die mechanical engineering knowledge
- Tooling construction experience
- To be able to work safety and well under pressure
- Flexile and reliable
- Microsoft literate
You will be joining a well-established manufacturing organisation, and you will be supported by a strong management team.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join continue your successful career. Send your CV ASAP.
INJECTION MOULD TEAM LEADER
A busy manufacturing organisation are looking for an Injection Mould Team Leader.
They are a global manufacturing organisation, and they continue to go from strength to strength. As the Injection Mould Team Leader, you will provide operational support and process improvement within a high -volume injection moulding facility.
This is an exciting time to join, this is an exiting time to be part of an International company, where you will be given the chance to make an impact very quickly.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Ideally Apprentice trained
- Strong knowledge of plastic injection moulding
- Experience of programming robots would be advantageous
- Knowledge of tool change overs, and tool change over time reductions SMED
- To have gained your experience from within a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Excellent organisational abilities
- Good communication skills
- Identify and identify cost savings
- Optimise robot programming and create programmes where possible
- Define standard for 5S
- Track all cycle times / part weights
- Coordinate and plan tool changeovers
- Forward plan production
- Coordinate Tooling and Maintenance tool / machine release
- Tool changeover reduction through SMED
- Cycle time improvement / scrap reduction
- Development of Technician skills
This is a wonderful opportunity to continue your successful career. Send your CV to Tania, or alternatively, call for more information on 0121 321 4311
STAFFORDSHIRE - TAMWORTH
£30,000 - £38,000 + PENSION + BUSY FRIENDLY WORKING ENVIRONMENT
HIGH VOLUME MANUFACTURING
We are looking for an ambitious QUALITY ENGINEER. This is a busy, dynamic working environment and would suit a Quality Engineer, passionate about Quality and keen to work in a progressive, busy, stable working environment.
You will be given day to day responsibility for quality assurance activities on site, for all manufactured, assembled and supplied product.
- Essential - relevant Quality Engineering experience
- Experience gained from within high volume manufacturing
- HNC in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 would be highly beneficial
- Core Quality Engineer tools, such as SPC, FMEA, APQP and Control Plans
- Audit experience
- To have the ability to influence others
- Friendly and self-motivated
- Day to day responsibility for control of quality assurance activities
- Lead and facilitate 8D process
- Manage customer complaints
- Implement containment activities
- Supplier liaison
- Full use of quality tools, such as Control Plans and SPC
- Lead assembly dimensional analysis
- Support APQP activities
This is a great opportunity, they will enable you to thrive in a busy, dynamic and friendly working environment.
Send your CV ASAP
We are seeking to recruit a Service Engineer to join our team who support our systems across the region.
You must currently hold either a Service Engineering or Plant Maintenance position where you have undertaken planned and reactive maintenance tasks to a range of plastic moulding plant and equipment; however it is imperative that you hold a multi skilled electrically biased ability that extends to holding some experience of supporting Automated or Plc controlled equipment.
Allied to your Service Engineer experience you will ideally be apprentice trained and qualified to NVQ 3 electrically (or equivalent).
Candidates who in addition have plc or robot training are at an advantage and a relatively clean driving license is also required.
In return for your skills and experience we offer a negotiable starting salary, Company Car, Paid Overtime, Enhanced Company Pension & 33 Days Holiday & BUPA
1999 - 2019 Celebrating 20 Years of Service Engineer Recruitment Excellence
We are currently recruiting for the Financial Controller for a manufacturing company based in Tamworth. Part of a global group the company are specialists in their field and are undergoing several new developments. The ideal candidate will be an ACCA/CIMA qualified (or equivalent) accountant with previous experience working in a manufacturing environment. You will be responsible for the plant finance function ensuring all statutory reporting requirements are met while providing strategic support to the business from a commercial perspective. Reporting to the Plant Manager you will be responsible for managing a small finance team.
The Financial Controller’s duties will include:
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Preparing budgets
- Financial strategic planning
- Monthly management accounts
- Business partnering
- Cost accounting
- Commercial reporting
- Leading and motivating a small finance team
- The ability to work to tight financial reporting deadlines is imperative for this role. You must be adaptable to change with excellent leadership and communication skills. My client offers an exceptional working environment and an attractive benefits package.