3 Norfolk Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Design Manager to join this exciting business that is being considered for Best Employer in the Norfolk Business Awards 2019
The Design Manager reports to the Director/Owner and Founder and takes responsibility for the small and talented design team of four, to achieve amazing things.
This is a concept to production role - they don't just design it they make it too. You will be expected to support, mentor and guide their designers to ensure that products are costed, designed and created in the most efficient and cost-effective way to meet customers’ expectations.
Package and Benefits:
• £40,000 - £45,000 Dependent on Experience
• 33 days holiday
• Your birthday off
• Free parking
• Plus, several other employee benefits
Design Manager Key Responsibilities:
To design and develop designs from design briefs supplied by customers/sales staff covering:
- Innovative conceptual thinking / ideas
- R&D of ideas for new products
- R&D of systems and methods of production
- Liaising closely will sales staff to understand and develop ideas
- Direct contact with customers
- Initial concepts / sketches
- Initial design drawings for costing purposes
- Produce 3D visuals and presentation documents
- Overseeing production of prototypes
- Value engineering of designs
To specify materials, fixings and construction methods and setting appropriate standards for these including:
- Working closely with approved suppliers to specify/understand production methods
- Understand material limitations and correct use
- An understanding of cost management
To work with team to compile quotes including:
- Producing and sending drawings direct to approved suppliers
- Requesting costs direct from approved suppliers
- Compiling costs and completing costing’s documents
- Ensuring sound cost management principles are applied
To manage, organise and assist with any prototyping process for new products including:
- Organise prototypes with suppliers
- Liaise with production staff on assembly methods
- Review and make changes as required
Design Manager Person Specification:
- This is a hugely varied role and pressured at times. You must be commercially astute and a strong leader; skilled at building relationships with a full concept to production skill set.
- The Design Manager will have around 10 years design experience with proven managerial skills. You will be familiar with a variety of production techniques as well as 3D CAD, preferably Solidworks
Commutable from Cambridge, Norwich, Bury St Edmunds, Wisbech, Kings Lynn, Wymondham
BIRMINGHAM - NORWICH TERRITORY
£25,000 - £35,000 + CAR + BONUS + PENSION + STABLE LONG- ESTABLISHED ORGANISATION
Are you a motivated, highly focused and hungry Sales Engineer, looking for your next challenge?
Would you like to join a well- established organisation, who enjoy a reputation for high quality products and service?
They are the market leading distributer and stockist for a specialist area, and transferable industry sectors they are keen to see people from would be Bearing, Power Transmission, fluid sealing products and Gasket cutting industries.
They are enjoying considerable expansion due to consistent high demand for their products.
- Develop growth with existing customers
- Generating new sales leads
- Field based role, working with a wide variety of different industry sectors
- Conduct meetings, to be able to fully establish customer needs and requirements
- Maintain and develop existing customers
- Conduct product demos
- Covering a geographical patch that reaches from the Midlands to Norwich
- Office days - 1/ 2 days per week
- Essential - Previous B2B Sales experience
- We are interested to see applications from industry sectors such as Bearings, Fluid sealing products, power transmission, gasket cutting industry, or similar
- Full UK Driving licence
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional influential abilities, strong negotiation skills
- High personal drive and motivation to achieve
This is an exceptional opportunity, your hard work and drive will be rewarded with a competitive base salary, plus car, Bonus and the stability and progression you will enjoy within a large, highly reputable organisation.
Send your CV ASAP.
This is an excellent opportunity and your chance to join a talented, vibrant and creative design team. Client is a recognised market leading supplier, who design, develop and manufacture everything in the UK under one roof, from initial concept and manufacture through to delivery and installation.
They pride themselves on taking their client’s brief and ‘digging deeper’ to uncover their true needs and requirements. Using their talent for innovation and creativity they develop a bespoke solution that really delivers.
This role sits within the design engineering team and specialises in taking sketches and concepts and get them ready to produce. They look into costings and production efficiencies - making the products come alive.
- Study concepts and sketches, interpret and convert them into a manufacturable product
- Analyse designs and spot opportunities for efficiencies and savings
- Work with Sales and Design team to ensure that detailed designs and costing meet client requirements
- Produce technical drawings to production level
- Define the costs of the product for quote and contract. Ensure maximum efficiencies and performance for their customers and ease of production
- Liaise with suppliers to gain best price options for product
- Assist in all aspects of in-house manufacturing from prototypes through to mass production and installation and work closely with various departments within the business to ensure the production process runs smoothly
- Ideally you will have a minimum of 2-3 years design experience, with the ability to multitask and cope with wide variety of projects
- You will have excellent Solidworks skills
- Ability to sketch to help you convey your thoughts and to create technical drawings suitable for production and supporting technical documentation (instruction diagrams etc)
- Ability to use or willingness to learn Illustrator/Photoshop to support projects, with a good understanding of manufacturing process i.e. material requirements, structural limitations and construction methodologies
- Commercial understanding and in-depth knowledge of costing, pricing and operational delivery
- Experience of working with materials (wood, panel components, structural metal fabrication and sheet metal) and working with plastics
- You are hands on, happy to build and learn from your own creations, with excellent problem-solving abilities
Package and Benefits:
- Salary £25,000 with a host of employee benefits