7 Manchester Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
An industry leading, agricultural equipment and machinery manufacturer is currently seeking a Sales Executive to grow their business in the North of England and Wales region. The company designs and manufactures a rage of capital equipment for use in the agricultural industry. They pride themselves on quality and consider themselves industry leaders in this respect. The Sales Executive will be establishing a dealer network in the area as well as selling direct to farmers across the region.
In return for your knowledge and success as a Sales Executive you will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary of up to £30,000 plus an uncapped commission plan. This company’s top performers are earning in excess of £60,000 with commission.
Further benefits include a company car, mobile phone, laptop, 28 days holiday (incl. bank holidays) and a home office.
- Establishing a dealer network across the region
- Managing customer queries including quotes and requests for demonstrations
- The Sales Executive will be representing the company at various industry events
- Maintaining excellent customer relationships
- Meeting and exceeding financial targets
- At least 1 years’ experience within the agricultural industry, ideally within the territory
- Some knowledge of machinery/capital equipment sales
- Willingness to travel across the region on a daily basis
- Can-do attitude and a desire for success
- A full UK driving licence
A multi-site consumer goods organisation is currently seeking an internal bespoke machinery Design Engineer to design modules for their own manufacturing equipment. The position will have responsibility to design bespoke machinery and robotic cells for a wide range of products.
As an organisation they are continually seeking to expand their capabilities and methods to manufacture as efficiently as possible, and this position will be key to achieve these aims.
- Designing modules for manufacturing equipment.
- Commissioning and project managing the installation of machinery.
- Independently designing bespoke machinery and or robotic cells for manufacturing a wide range of products.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues at other company sites to design automated machinery specific to the manufacturing capabilities required at each site.
- The role will be proactive and innovative in-regards to offering more efficient factory processes.
- Depending on experience the individual will have to follow projects from conception to commissioning.
- Flexibility to travel to other local sites will be required.
The right Design Engineer for this role will have the following attributes:
- Be fully conversant with 3D CAD with proven experience of designing automated production machinery, incorporating pneumatics, servos and hydraulics.
- Degree or similar qualified in Mechanical Engineering
- Will be experienced in the application of robotics.
- Must be capable of working independently when required but also within a team developing innovative automated machinery and processes and seeing these projects through from concepts to fully functioning production equipment.
- Must be willing to get involved with the factory floor to work with teams to overcome issues and problems. (This role will not be entirely office based to understand the manufacturing challenges that require the automation and to enable the implementation of the finished equipment.)
- As well as design the individual will have to project manage entire projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and IT literate.
- Ability to work under pressure, with excellent organisational skills.
- Experience of designing, building and commissioning bespoke automated machinery.
- The ideal candidate will have experience within packaging, food or manufacturing industries.
This is a great opportunity for a hands-on Designer with a Machinery background, who understands the needs and issues of fast manufacturing processes.
Experience with the following Equipment:
- Previous experience within a Mechanical and electrical position
- Previous experience within a Manufacturing / FMCG Environment
- Proven mechanical abilities
- Apprentice trained holding a formal qualification in mechanical engineering.
- The job holder should be able to work on any piece of equipment within the production department in which he is based to undertake a variety of planned preventative maintenance tasks on all machines.
- To resolve mechanical breakdowns on all equipment within the production departments quickly and efficiently.
- To 'fine-tune' equipment after a changeover to maximise performance efficiencies.
- To be able to program and understand all the functions of microprocessor-controlled equipment.
- Carry out Preventative Maintenance activities as appropriate.
- Apprentice trained
- Formal qualification in mechanical engineering or electrical engineering – HNC / City & Guilds
- Experience with: Hydraulics & Pneumatics, Welding abilities and Milling and Turning, Conveyor systems, Motors and Drives,
- Previous experience within a Manufacturing organisation
Shift: Double Days – 6am till 2pm – 2pm till 10pm
Salary: £34,000 / £35,000
Benefits: 5% Pension Scheme, 30days holiday, Parking on site, Canteen
We are currently recruiting for a Service Engineer – Electrically Biased
(Gas Safe Registered would be at an advantage)
- Previous experience within a Site Engineer position – proven experience conducting electrical and mechanical work
- Fault finding abilities is a must
- Experience in Industrial electrical engineering / maintenance is essential to this role.
- Experience with: PLC’s, Hydraulics & Pneumatics, Motors, Drives, Inverters, Conveyor systems, Pumps and Gearboxes
- Apprentice trained holding a formal qualification within Electrical engineering /
- Qualified to 17th / 18th edition
Flexibility is key as there may be a call out Rota in place
We are currently recruiting for a Workshop Bench Engineer / Fitter
- Previous and proven experience within a Similar position within a Manufacturing organisation
- Must hold experience with the following: Pumps, Motors, Hear-boxes, Fan Units and Rotating machinery
- Apprentice trained holding a Full Engineering qualification
- This individual will be required to assist all workshop or site engineers /
- Good Communication skills and Decision-making skills
Ideally we need this individual to hold experience within FMCG / Food / Manufacturing organisations.
Essential to this role is proven experience within a Similar position.
Salary: £25,000 / £26,000
Benefits: 5% Pension, Life Assurance, Parking, Canteen, Generous holiday
Shift: Days only – But we will be start a Days Shift Rota towards the end of the year / Salary to increase for this change.
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Fitter, Please take a look at the information below:
- The diagnosis, location and rectification of all mechanical faults on site, including pneumatic, hydraulic and steam systems.
- Ensure all papermaking machinery and ancillary equipment is maintained in a satisfactory working order
- Logging of all water, oil and gas readings and testing of steam boiler safety devices
- Responding to emergency situations in a timely and effective manner
- Plan out work and display initiative and common sense
- Adhere to current Safe Systems of Work, lock off and permit to work procedures
- Carry out all tasks in accordance with company Quality systems, hygiene standards and safe working practices
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping in own working area and throughout the mill.
Ideally the right Mechanical fitter will hold:
- Previous experience within a Mechanical Fitter role
- NVQ / City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering
- Apprentice trained.
Flexibility is key to this role due to the shift a call out.
MULTI-SKILLED MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (ELECTRICAL / MECHANICAL) ABILITIES
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for Multi-Skilled maintenance engineer, who holds both electrical and mechanical abilities
Benefits for a Maintenance Electrician:
- Salary: £32,569
- Shift: 3 Shift: Morning / Afternoons / Nights
- Childcare Vouchers
- Life Assurance
- 25 + 8 Days Holiday
Requirements of a Maintenance Electrician:
- Minimum qualifications - ONC or equivalent in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
- Good electrical experience including effective isolation / testing / fault finding / working safely to 17th edition Wiring Regulations standards
- Good operational knowledge of PLC and Inverter programming.
- Able to work alone and within a small team
- Experience in an automated process environment including packaging machinery, conveyors, wrapping machines, tray erectors and heat tunnels.
- Flexible approach to working hours at short notice to meet customer requirements.
- Possess good communication skills to facilitate effective reporting and the training of the Technicians.
- PC literate as all spares ordering is in e-format.
- Apprentice trained holding a formal qualification in Engineering
If you are interested in this Maintenance Electrician role, please send your CV ASAP.