3 London Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
Mechanical Design Engineer
We are seeking a Mechanical Designer to join a technology company and be part of a great opportunity to join a small and dedicated team of engineers and scientists, designing technically advanced instrumentation that is widely recognised across the globe.
- The successful candidate will be expected to embrace the opportunity for significant and rapid career development by accepting an increasing level of overall responsibility for product design and project management that would not necessarily be available within a larger organisation.
- In addition to complex and challenging design work from concept through to medium volume manufacture, it will be expected that the standard drawing office requirements for build standard control and change note implementation are undertaken.
- The role of design engineer, on occasion, may also require product and customer support anywhere in the world and in challenging offshore locations - so a willingness to travel at short notice will be needed.
- The right candidate for this role will be expected to demonstrate a sound and comprehensive knowledge of fundamental engineering principles. They will be able to demonstrate a good ability to engineer a product with the support of 3D CAD and understand the requirements of getting each of the development and design phases right before moving to the production stages.
The company prides itself on that its technical staff: scientists, software, electronics and mechanical engineers, all work closely together to produce innovative and cutting-edge scientific instrumentation for their customers around the world;
and as a team they ensure necessary technical documentation and supporting procedures are adhered to, so it is essential that any prospective candidate can show evidence of having produced component & assembly drawings to a recognised standard.
- Applicants should be degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering (2.1 or higher) & ideally have at least 2 years
- Have experience working as a Design Engineer in an engineering environment.
- Be confident in producing and reading standard engineering drawings to high mechanical engineering standards.
- Have had exposure of working to Quality, Build and Safety Standards within Design.
- Good Communication Skills and the ability to present to other departments, customers and suppliers.
The company often undertakes defence contracting work for companies; therefore, candidates must be suitable for SC security clearance with the UK Ministry of Defence and must hold a UK passport.
- Circa £35k to £35K basic annual salary depending upon the level of relevant experience, reviewed annually at staff appraisals.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Life assurance scheme.
- 25 days annual leave, plus public holidays.
- Normal working week 37.5 hours, 8:00 - 8:30am to 4:00 - 4:30pm Monday to Friday
If this role is of interest to you, then please send your CV ASAP.
Role / Company Overview:
This is a great opportunity for a Contracts Engineer with a leading UK business. The business has multiple sites, a 76 million turnover with aspirations of developing further.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager, you will ensure projects are completed in a safe and effective manner in accordance with company procedures, in line with design and specification, on time and to budget.
Key interfaces include; CST, Production, Design, Sub-Contractors, Estimating, Administration, Commercial, Clients Representatives
- Management of multiple contracts from receipt of order to final account to meet budget requirements set by the company
- Through personal management ensure that the following Main Duties/Responsibilities are addressed in the management of projects:
- Attendance of pre-contract and site meetings with client, client’s representatives and key sub-contractors.
- Projects are planned and executed in accordance with company health and safety / Q.A procedures and statutory requirements.
- Management of the day to day performance of Contract Supervisor, Foremen, Site Operatives and Subcontractors.
- Consult with Clients representative on the preparation and completion of permits to ensure a safe place of work.
- Preparation and approval of:
- RAMS - explaining how risks are to be managed.
- Briefing Sheets – giving details about the contract, products to be installed, founding criteria and any other site-specific requirements.
- Associated paperwork record sheets, drawings etc.
- All the above to be packaged into a site file for the site foreman.
- Plant, materials and labour are ordered to meet with project program.
- Site operatives are briefed on the contents of the site file and issued a copy prior to start of work. Where applicable witness the start of the work to ensure they are in line with expectations.
- Regular inspections of site to ensure works conform to the correct design and specification and being carried out efficiently.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to site teams and clients engineer representative to ensure compliance with performance specification
- Minimum 1 year of piling industry experience, big or smaller projects
- A Degree is not necessary, suitable experience will be acceptable
- Driving licence – the role includes site visits
- Excellent communication skills
- Design experience would be advantageous, but isn’t essential
Salary and Benefits:
- Company car
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- Share scheme
- Discretionary bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 33 days holiday
Commutable from London, Croydon, Bromley, Orpington, Dartford, Maidstone, Tonbridge
We are seeking to recruit a proven maintenance engineer to join our plant maintenance and reliability team to support our operation within the London region.
As a Maintenance Engineer you will be required to undertake planned and reactive maintenance tasks throughout our facility.
You must be qualified Mechanically and hold a multi skilled Maintenance Engineer ability having gained your experience of supporting plant within a heavy engineering environment such as chemical processing, oil refineries, quarrying, recycling, power generation, steel works or within a heavy plant overhaul support organisation.
Salary is negotiable dependant on your Maintenance Engineering experience and shift pattern and ranges from £23,600 - £38,000, plus paid overtime, excellent holiday entitlement and company pension.
This role is commutable from East Barnet, Enfield, Loughton, Woodford & Wood Green.