4 Leicestershire Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
Due to an internal move, this world-leading business is looking to employ a Lead Electrical Design Engineer to join their Controls department in their new, state of the art offices.
Working on power generation control system projects you will provide the line management and allocation of company Drawing Office resource facilities. You will also provide CAD design services for the preparation of detailed designs in collaboration with appropriate design engineers and ensuring compliance with design standards.
- Produce CAD drawings for Controls systems i.e. L&N cubicles, Panels, AVRs etc and drive drawing office process standardization to ensure early adoption, streamlining of processes and identification of gaps
- Look for opportunities to reduce process lead time and create spare capacity to process new projects, monitor, control, and develop engineering release systems into Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Services
- Manage the workload of the team, develop the drawing office standards, ensuring high quality output across the team
- Ensure regulatory and statutory compliance on product design, relevant technical, safety and environmental standards, codes of practice etc
- Planning, prioritisation, and resultant resource allocation to meet and exceed customer expectations and management & resolution of all NCR’s within 24 hrs
- Able to communicate technical information easily, to internal contacts and external customers
- Working to set targets, both in terms of efficiency and output and presenting this at the monthly management meetings, team and individual management of staff in accordance with policy and procedures
- Person Specification
- AutoCAD Electrical experience is essential (Inventor experience, coupled with electrical skills may suffice)
- 5 – 10 years of proven experience
- Minimum HND/HNC in relevant engineering discipline
- Technical self-sufficiency, with an understanding of other disciplines, and depth and range of management experience of projects and studies.
- Ability to demonstrate man-management
- Knowledge in the design, project engineering and consultancy in oil and gas pipelines / power generation and associated facilities
- Experience in production of engineering CAD designs
Salary, Hours and Benefits
- £40,000 - £44,000
- 37 hours per week, early finish Friday’s
- 7% company pension
- Generous holiday allowance
- Christmas shutdown
- Great development opportunities
Commutable From: Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Tamworth, Burton Upon Trent, Birmingham, Coventry
A rare opportunity for an experienced Press Toolmaker has become available at an outstanding Engineering company, who have been running successfully for more than 70 years. With a strong customer base supplying into Aerospace, Medical and Structural Steel Industries and having stayed open during COVID-19, still thriving in the current climate, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
Benefits for the Press Toolmaker:
- Free Parking and canteen on site
- A friendly and welcoming environment
- Opportunities for overtime
- Opportunities to learn new skills
- Exciting and varying projects
Roles and responsibilities of the Press Toolmaker;
- Repairs and refurb of press tooling
- Use of all standard machinery
- Liaise with customers and suppliers
- Interpret Engineer drawings
- On-time delivery of tools
- Ensure department standards are maintained
Skills required for the Press Toolmaker
- Must be experienced with the manufacture of Press Tools
- Toolmaking > 5 years
- Ability to take responsibility and ownership of tasks
Do not miss out on this rare opportunity
Client is a global manufacturer of heavy engineering products and services that deliver lifecycle solutions to maximise customer return on investment. They deliver lifecycle solutions to a broad range of industries, including construction, infrastructure, manufacturing, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utility, quarrying and mining.
Key Reasons to Join This Business:
- UK and Global travel opportunities
- Exposure to customers & all areas of the business including manufacture
- Working for a dynamic, global market leader
- Exciting projects & opportunities to innovate including patent designs
- 10% bonus
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Translate product specifications from Platform Manager and Product Manager into engineered solutions for the development of new products and modifications to existing products.
- Working with Design engineers, produce full manufacturing specification package including Engineering BOMs.
- Stay knowledgeable of machine component advancements and competitor design trends; apply latest technology to new and existing designs where appropriate to stay current and innovative.
- To resolve problems at the root cause quickly and effectively and manage engineering change process relating to company products.
- Follow Group standards in the areas of QFD, FMEA, design-for-manufacture, prototype development and field testing and follow group engineering standards and associated IT systems, to ensure effective global management of released engineering data.
- Ensure current and new products meet standards and performance levels specified for safety, function and reliability.
- Reduce manufacturing cost through improved design and consultation with the production department, purchasing and suppliers.
- Degree educated or equivalent in Engineering and 3+ years’ experience in heavy equipment design; mining, aggregates or crushing equipment would be advantageous.
- Strong 3D CAD skills, preferably Pro-E/CREO.
- Ideally have good working knowledge of hydraulic system design, with working knowledge of Metallurgy, welding and casting techniques.
- Creativity and innovative thinking
- Experience with Oracle TMS a plus
- Good English communication skill, both written and spoken, with good Presentation and interpersonal skills
- Project management experience and advantage
Commutable From: Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Loughborough, Burton upon Trent, Hinckley, Nuneaton
Due to growth, a reputable, Leicestershire based Manufacturer who supplies into Utilities, Medical & Automotive Industries, requires an experienced Toolmaker to join the team to help fulfil a continued and growing workbook. If you are an experienced Tool Maker who is looking to use their varied skillset please apply today.
Offering the successful Toolmaker:
- Early Friday Finish
- Parking on site
- Overtime opportunities
- A variety in projects
- A healthy, pleasant working environment
Skills required of the Toolmaker:
- Experienced toolmaker
- Ability to use CNC die Sink and CNC milling machine
- Capable of using wire EDM
- Ability to use hand and bench tools
- Ability to read Engineers drawings
- Quality Inspection skills (Vernier callipers, gauges, micrometers)
Roles and responsibilities of Toolmaker
- Setting and operating machinery
- Occasional use of manual machinery
- Assembling of tools
- QI of own works
Commutable from Leicester, Hinckley, Wigston, Lutterworth.