5 Lancashire Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
POSITION: HIGHER SKILLED MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN
This is an opportunity for a higher skilled maintenance electrician, we are looking for the right individual to hold very good skills on hardware - fault finding - also we ideally need this individual to have both fault finding and programming abilities with PLC’s: Siemens and Allen Bradley.
Benefits for a Maintenance Electrician:
- Salary: £42,000 / £48,000
- Generous Holiday
- Shift: Continental Shift: 4on - 4off (2 Days - 2 Nights)
The right candidate will hold experience:
- Maintain and install all electrical machinery
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance
- Complete maintenance work orders, use of CMMS systems
- Be able to communicate at all levels throughout the business
- Electrically Biased - but holding a split on the mechanical Side
- Knowledge of variable speed drives
- Must be able to read schematic drawings
- As mentioned, key to the role is the fault finding and programming experience with PLC’s / Hardware.
- Must be time served holding relevant qualifications in electrical engineering
- 17/18th IEE Wiring regulations
- Proven experience within a similar role
MACHINE SHOP MANAGER
£40,000 + HOLIDAYS + PENSION
Are you an experienced CNC Supervisor/Foreman/Manager/Team Leader? Then look no further! We are looking for a hand on Machine Shop Manager to work in a ever busy machine shop who work within a number of industries. They have Overtime available in this role, it is not mandatory however and they are offering a superb salary amongst a great working environment.
This vacancy is commutable from Manchester, Oldham, Blackburn, Wigan, Warrington, Burnley, Rochdale, Stockport, Bolton, Preston, Bradford, Burnley and other surrounding areas
- As Machine Shop Manager, you will be responsible for day to day running of the machine shop
- This role will require you to generate and plan schedules to meet deadlines
- As Machine Shop Team Leader you will get hands on and operate the CNC Machines as well as other shop floor equipment, this will be both Milling and Turning.
- Liaise with all departments and maintain Health and Safety
- You will maximize the capabilities of current equipment
- As Machine Shop Manager, you will require previous experience in a similar role such as Supervisor, Team Leader, Foreman, Manager
- Ideally you will be apprentice trained/time served
- You will have expereince of planning and scheduling
- You will have experience with Turning and Milling and Boring
- Overtime available
- Days role
- 22 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Secure position within a large business
- Be part of a great team
- Supportive Environment
Please feel free to have a confidential chat on the details below. What are you waiting for?
Electrical Biased Shift Engineer
Salary: £42,000 / £42,500
Shift: Continental 4on-4off / 2days – 2nights
Benefits: Pension, Childcare vouchers, Life Assurance, 18days holiday
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for Shift Engineer (Electrically Biased) TO join a leading organisation within the Wigan Area.
Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the automation and machinery
Proactive and reactive and planned maintenance
Holding experience in an automated process environment, experience within PLC’s Siemens / Allen Bradley, as well as Conveyor systems, Auto-wrappers, Automatic machines, closed loop communication systems.
Previous experience within Packaging / Distribution would be ideal
Apprentice trained holding a ONC in Electrical / Mechanical engineer
Must be able to work at Heights (This is a must)
Holding great communications skills as you will be communicating at all levels.
You will be required to step in for the engineering manager when on leave, so Leadership skills / experience would be at an advantage.
If you are interested in this position please call Cheray on 0121 3214311.
Maintenance Team Leader - Electrical & Mechanical
(Hands on Team-leader position - Holding Electrical & Mechanical Abilities)
A position has become available for an experienced Hands on Maintenance Team-Leader who holds both Electrical and Mechanical abilities to join an organisation based in the Blackburn location.
Main duties on site:
- Effective organisational and communication skills
Ability to take ownership and step up when challenges present themselves
Problem solving skills, Resilient and Imaginative
SMART working practises and good time management
Ability to lead, delegate and/or show initiative as part of a team
- Maintenance requirements: actioned on time and within budget.
- Health & Safety requirements: actioned on time and communicated.
- Liaise with Operations and other associated departments to maintain awareness of the company’s engineering needs and respond appropriately with suitable tactical solutions.
- Analyse PPM and performance against priority activities to support the achievement of departmental KPIs.
- Contribute to the development of departmental strategies to establish value added partnerships with associated departments, suppliers and customers.
- Lead and/or support projects with company-wide departments to understand and analyse business problems to identify and implement quality engineering business solutions.
- Effectively coordinate the Engineering Maintenance Team by providing, work instructions, schedules and guidance to team members through engineering expertise.
- Conduct departmental reviews to communicate performance to line manager for self and direct reports.
As a Team Leader you will:
- Communicate significant threats to business, team or personal performance to the Company Directors in a timely and effective manner.
- Identify and document engineering solutions based on expertise, FMEAs (current cost wastage) and company needs and propose for Senior Management review.
- Ensure machinery, plant, electrical and mechanical infrastructure is of the required standard to conduct processes effectively, efficiently and safely.
- Support the Operations & Innovations Directors via cost effective use of the Production Engineering budget and ensure compliance by executing and promoting effective and efficient practices within the department.
- Champion company Health and Safety and contribute to the creation of policies etc., follow industry regulations and promote appropriate practices within the department.
- Champion all aspects of quality throughout the department, Engineering Maintenance services, machinery, infrastructure etc. to support quality assurance.
- Provide and log, ‘on-the-job’ training to develop the capabilities of the team in line with company and departmental needs to ensure effective system of delegation or responsibilities.
- Manage responsibilities as depicted in company Health & Safety Policy.
- Apprentice Trained
- HNC / ONC in Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering
- Supervisory / Team leader experience
- Great Communication skills - able to commute at all levels.
- Able to work well within a team.
- Salary : £40,000
- Pension 5%
- 25 & 8 Days
- Parking on Site
- Flexible Working Hours
- 37.5 Hour
- Optional Working Hours (Will discuss in more detail)
- Location : Blackburn
If the details look of interest and you hold the experience required, please send your CV ASAP.
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER / MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN
INDUSTRY: MANUFACTURING ORGANISATION
An exceptional opportunity has become available for a Maintenance Electrician to join a leading organisation based in the Blackburn.
Benefits for an Electrical Engineer / Maintenance Electrician:
- Salary: £33,133
- Generous Holiday
- Shift: 12 hours shift 7am till 7pm - Monday Tuesday on / Saturday & Sunday on / Wednesday & Thursday and Friday on.
Duties and Requirements an Electrical Engineer / Maintenance Electrician will hold:
- Reporting to the Team leader.
- Good diagnostic skills.
- Familiar with CMM systems.
- Familiar with safe systems of working.
- Develop and deliver small project to improve productivity.
- Log work request and act on.
- Be prepared to work on building fabrication.
- Daily responsible will include:
- The daily reporting of breakdowns v PPMs activities
- Prioritization of repair work
- Planning and Monitoring machine performance
- Stores booking
- Ordering of parts
- Working with the Planning Department to negotiate machine availability
- Monitoring failure
- Supporting External Contractors
- Technical support for production when required
Ideally an Electrical Engineer / Maintenance Electrician will have:
- Be familiar with vertical form fillers, bagging lines.
- Be familiar with Weigh heads
- Metal detectors and weigh checkers.
- Understanding of steam systems
- Use of HMI screens
- Support the Engineering Departments in associate projects/teams.
- Apprentice trained
- Holding a ONC / City & Guilds in Electrical engineering
- Previous experience within a Food Manufacturing organisation
If the details of this Electrical Engineer / Maintenance Electrician role looks of interest and you hold the experience required, please don’t hesitate in calling Cheray Oakes on 0121 321 4311.