4 Kent Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join a leading UK construction company in Dartford as an Estimator within the piling department. The role is 75% office based and you will be travelling to and from various sites so a full UK driving licence is essential.
As an Estimator your duties include:
- Preparing and compiling estimates and tenders packages for piling works and foundation schemes.
- Prepare pile designs including BS8004 and Eurocode 7 at pre and post contract stage.
- Undertake tender appraisals in line with the companies QA system and help implement company quality management systems.
- Assist with client liaison and settling claims and disputes.
- Ideally you will hold a degree in civil engineering or be a qualified Estimator through experience.
Benefits for an Estimator:
- Offering a £30-32k salary
- A company car or Allowance (£4k)
- This position is Mon-Thurs (8-5:30pm) and Fri (8-4:30pm)
If you would like to discuss this role any further or if you have any questions please send your CV ASAP.
Credit Analyst, Ramsgate, 12 month contract
Interim opportunity for an experienced Credit Analyst to join an American owned manufacturing business based out of the Ramsgate site.
Initially a 12 month assignment with potential for a long term opportunity, the Credit Analyst will be responsible for the preparation of credit reporting, planning, and forecasting for all entities within the EMEA region for the Global Logistic Business Unit.
Working closely with UK and European sites with some support needed in Africa, regular travel between the UK and Belgium will be a part of the role.
The focus of this role is very much on the analytical side of credit management rather than the day to day collection process.
Credit Analyst responsibilities will include preparation of business unit credit reporting, planning, and forecasting, analysis of entity level credit exposures, developing an understanding of trade finance and credit management to support the business. Assessing credit worthiness on new and existing accounts, ensuring minimal risk to the business, prepare metrics analysis and consolidated credit reporting. Coordinating effectively with transactional shared services provider in terms of Accounts Receivable, you will ensure local entity credit activities are in line with Corporate Credit Policies and complete special projects as assigned.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH AND SAFETY ADVISOR – PART-TIME
With a strong presence in Kent, this site is responsible for providing complex components through a 24-7 operation
We are looking for a strong Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor, to ensure all Health, Safety and Environmental policies are followed and understood.
- Ensure Health, safety and environmental working conditions are followed
- Maintain accident statistics
- Ensure adherence and maintenance of existing OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001
- Lead accident / incident near miss investigations
- Ensure Company has all the necessary permits and licenses
- Monitor and advise on waste disposal system
- Manage all issues relating to the COSHH database
- Undertake risk assessment
- Lead in-house training
- NEBOSH certificate
- Relevant Health, Safety and Environmental experience from within a manufacturing environment
- Good knowledge of environmental management systems
- Previous experience of developing and delivering training
- An inspiring, encouraging personality
Salary - £33,000 - £35,000 (PRO-RATA)
This is an exceptional opportunity, to be part of a World Class manufacturing organisation, where your prospects are assured. No 2 days will ever be the same here!
Send your CV ASAP.
Maintenance Manager - Mechanical and Electrical experience
Days: 8am till 5pm Monday to Friday
Salary: £42,000 to £47,000 Depending on experience
Benefits: Bonus, Company car, Generous holiday, Bupa on site
An opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Manager to join a leading Manufacturing organisation based in the Kent location. Please find below details into the position.
The Role of a Maintenance Manager:
To lead the site / plant maintenance team in the delivery of high levels of plant availability and reliability to ensure production schedules and customer service requirements can be met. You will lead by example, drive and adhere to health, safety and environmental working practices in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures and legal requirements to develop and drive a culture of continuous improvement in the maintenance department and to bring around operational transformation and culture change.
Responsibilities of a Maintenance Manager:
- Always ensure that you and your team adhere to Group H & S policy and promote a culture of working safely.
- Have a good sound knowledge of the plant and its workings to enable you to make informed decisions regarding breakdowns, repairs and maintenance.
- Provide a consistent leadership style that promotes teamwork, open communication, can do attitude, leading by example and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Deliver plant improvement through effective use of preventative maintenance.
- Promote a culture of continual improvement within your team.
- Work closely with the production department to help plant deliver productivity goals.
- Manage revenue and capital spends within the confines of budget limits.
- Build / develop internal relationships across all departments.
- Work alongside both UK Engineering and Central Engineering to maximise potential of team and machinery.
- Comply with the Company Purchasing Policy.
- Ensure that HR policies and procedures are followed and adhered to, including carrying out disciplinary action where necessary, in conjunction with or following advice from a member of the HR Team.
- Identify future training needs and carry out training for your staff and yourself which will assist in the development of a professional and flexible team and maximise the utilisation of resources.
Skills & Experience of a Maintenance Manager:
- 5 years plus experience of working in a high production environment, primarily in a process oriented or heavy plant industries.
- Have experience of managing a team in a manufacturing environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- IT literate, notably excel, work etc.
- Possess a relevant engineering (mechanical or electrical) qualification, preferably Degree, HNC/HND or hold a full technical apprenticeship
- Exposure and promotion of Health & Safety is essential and preferably with a relevant qualification e.g. IOSH
- You should also have sound knowledge and experience of computer-controlled machines, PLC's (preferably Siemens S7), hydraulics, pneumatics and ideally robotics.