6 Kent Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH AND SAFETY ADVISOR – PART-TIME
With a strong presence in Kent, this site is responsible for providing complex components through a 24-7 operation
We are looking for a strong Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor, to ensure all Health, Safety and Environmental policies are followed and understood.
- Ensure Health, safety and environmental working conditions are followed
- Maintain accident statistics
- Ensure adherence and maintenance of existing OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001
- Lead accident / incident near miss investigations
- Ensure Company has all the necessary permits and licenses
- Monitor and advise on waste disposal system
- Manage all issues relating to the COSHH database
- Undertake risk assessment
- Lead in-house training
- NEBOSH certificate
- Relevant Health, Safety and Environmental experience from within a manufacturing environment
- Good knowledge of environmental management systems
- Previous experience of developing and delivering training
- An inspiring, encouraging personality
Salary - £33,000 - £35,000 (PRO-RATA)
This is an exceptional opportunity, to be part of a World Class manufacturing organisation, where your prospects are assured. No 2 days will ever be the same here!
Send your CV ASAP.
Maintenance Manager - Mechanical and Electrical experience
Days: 8am till 5pm Monday to Friday
Salary: £42,000 to £47,000 Depending on experience
Benefits: Bonus, Company car, Generous holiday, Bupa on site
An opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Manager to join a leading Manufacturing organisation based in the Kent location. Please find below details into the position.
The Role of a Maintenance Manager:
To lead the site / plant maintenance team in the delivery of high levels of plant availability and reliability to ensure production schedules and customer service requirements can be met. You will lead by example, drive and adhere to health, safety and environmental working practices in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures and legal requirements to develop and drive a culture of continuous improvement in the maintenance department and to bring around operational transformation and culture change.
Responsibilities of a Maintenance Manager:
- Always ensure that you and your team adhere to Group H & S policy and promote a culture of working safely.
- Have a good sound knowledge of the plant and its workings to enable you to make informed decisions regarding breakdowns, repairs and maintenance.
- Provide a consistent leadership style that promotes teamwork, open communication, can do attitude, leading by example and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Deliver plant improvement through effective use of preventative maintenance.
- Promote a culture of continual improvement within your team.
- Work closely with the production department to help plant deliver productivity goals.
- Manage revenue and capital spends within the confines of budget limits.
- Build / develop internal relationships across all departments.
- Work alongside both UK Engineering and Central Engineering to maximise potential of team and machinery.
- Comply with the Company Purchasing Policy.
- Ensure that HR policies and procedures are followed and adhered to, including carrying out disciplinary action where necessary, in conjunction with or following advice from a member of the HR Team.
- Identify future training needs and carry out training for your staff and yourself which will assist in the development of a professional and flexible team and maximise the utilisation of resources.
Skills & Experience of a Maintenance Manager:
- 5 years plus experience of working in a high production environment, primarily in a process oriented or heavy plant industries.
- Have experience of managing a team in a manufacturing environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- IT literate, notably excel, work etc.
- Possess a relevant engineering (mechanical or electrical) qualification, preferably Degree, HNC/HND or hold a full technical apprenticeship
- Exposure and promotion of Health & Safety is essential and preferably with a relevant qualification e.g. IOSH
- You should also have sound knowledge and experience of computer-controlled machines, PLC's (preferably Siemens S7), hydraulics, pneumatics and ideally robotics.
Position: Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Benefits: Overtime, Generous holiday, Childcare vouchers, Pension, + More
Shift: Week 1: Monday to Thursday 6am till 6pm / Week2: Wednesday till Sat 6am till 6pm / Week 3: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday 6am till 6pm
An opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, to join a worldwide leading organisation based in the Kent location. Please take a look at the details below.
About the Role:
Working as part of the maintenance team, you will have a good working knowledge of all plant equipment and machinery and ensure that these are all operating efficiently with the minimum amount of downtime and are kept in safe and good mechanical working order. You will ensure safe working always, with a right first time every time by everyone attitude to produce a cost effective, quality product whilst adhering to the Company’s policies and procedures.
Main Responsibilities of a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer:
Duties include carrying out essential maintenance on all aspects of the production lines, working through a program of PPM and helping develop the agility maintenance system. Attending breakdowns, ensuring machine safety standards are kept to the highest level and ensuring critical spares are maintained to ensure minimal downtime of the machinery. Improving factory OEE through development and innovation of the production facility. Health and Safety is paramount, and a good knowledge of Health and Safety and risk assessing is a must, along with an excellent attention to detail and quality.
Essential Skills & Experience of a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer:
- Apprentice trained in mechanical or electrical discipline
- Maintenance experience and diagnostics of hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical control systems
- Control of contractors, procurement through external suppliers
- Good exposure to health & safety standards
- IT skills – working knowledge of MS Word, Excel & Outlook
Desirable skills & experience of a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer:
- HNC Engineering
- 2 years team leadership experience
- Strong organisational & planning abilities
- Possess high standards, a passion for improvement and a target/delivery focused approach
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Vocational courses in predictive maintenance techniques
We are seeking to recruit several contract Electrically biased Multi Skilled Maintenance Technicians.
The project will be required to undertake both planned and reactive maintenance tasks to a wide range of production machinery that will require you to hold good multi skilled abilities, which includes experience of supporting Plc controls.
Ideally you will be apprentice trained, alongside holding formal electrical qualifications to a City & Guilds or NVQ standard, having gained your maintenance experience within a fast-moving manufacturing or production environment.
1999 - 2018 Celebrating 19 Years of Maintenance Recruitment Excellence
Key Words: Maintenance Electrician, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Multi Skilled Maintenance, Electrician, Controls Engineer
£35,000 - £40,000 + Pension + Bonus + 25 days Holidays + early finish Friday
HIGH VOLUME AUTOMOTIVE
SITTINGBOURNE / KENT
An immediate start for a Quality Engineer has arisen for a highly respected high volume manufacturing organisation in the Sittingbourne area.
They are a multi-site International Company, who truly embrace lean manufacturing and the latest technology. Their products are used in all the major automotive manufacturing companies, and this is a requirement for a Quality Engineer to start with them with immediate effect.
As their Quality Engineer, you will supporting the introduction of core manufactured components, and to provide day to day support the Senior Quality Engineer.
DUTIES OF A QUALITY ENGINEER:
- Support the introduction of core manufactured components
- Provide day to day support to the Senior Quality Engineer
- New project APQP co-ordination and submissions
- Maintenance of existing quality documentation
- Co-ordination of corrective actions with customer concerns
- Controlled documentation generation and maintenance ie. - Control Plans, Process Flowcharts and PFMEA’s
- Analysis of dimensional reports generated by CMM
- Management of PSW submissions
- Day to day problem solving
- On-site customer visits
REQUIREMENTS OF A QUALITY ENGINEER:
- You will have relevant Quality Engineer experience
- This will have been gained from within a manufacturing environment, preferably automotive
- Good use of Quality tools, such as PFMEA, Control Plans and APQP and PPAP’s
- Previous experience of analysis of CMM reports
- This is a fast paced, dynamic working environment, and will demand pace, energy and a real “can do” approach
- You will be joining an established manufacturing organisation, and you will be supported by a strong quality team.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join continue your successful career within Quality.
This is an initial contract of 6 months with the potential for up to 2 years, working within the Product Design and Implementation team at my client site near Ramsgate.
You will be responsible for the daily management of documents on a project or in a small department.
A significant level of document control / technical writing experience is required, preferably in construction / engineering industry. Aconex experience would be preferable.
- Manages documents (internal & external)
- Checks compliance and quality of documents
- Maintains a register & files documents appropriately
- Distributes documents to relevant people
- Liaises with Client / Contractor / Subcontractor
- Reports on the progress of documents
- Communication (Written and Verbal) - Effectively expresses messages and ideas in a clear, organised and relevant manner for a variety of audiences.
- Attention to details - This skill involves paying attention to all the details of what is communicated, either written, orally, or presented.
- Manage Execution - Must have strong ability to multitask and prioritize based on customer demands and workload.
- Technical Skills - General understanding of processes, systems and overall document control function.
- Cross-Functional Knowledge - Understands the basic high-level tasks for each functional area on a project.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in field appropriate for the function required would be preferred
Hours and Pay
37.5 hours per week
Rate up to £15.00 per hour - negotiable