4 East Midlands Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
This is an immediate start role for an Inventor Design Engineer. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the incumbent will work within the Mechanical Team to assist with the company’s development of innovative products and solutions.
The duration of this contract will be a minimum of 6 weeks but may continue longer.
Key Responsibilities of an Inventor Design Engineer:
- Preparation of drawings, bills of materials and design calculations for both new products and modifications to existing products
- To work closely with the company’s production and manufacturing engineering functions to ensure designs are as effective as possible for the wider business
- Support of the company’s sales and marketing functions
- Liaison with other departments within the company to help achieve common goals
- Creation and development of conceptual design schemes
- Attendance of site visits, meetings and surveys as required by the projects
- Any further related tasks as defined by the Engineering Manager
Person Specification of an Inventor Design Engineer:
- Autodesk Inventor experience is essential
- Degree or HND held in either Civil or Mechanical Engineering (or related discipline)
- Experience of SAP is essential
- A good appreciation of the importance of Design for Manufacture / Assembly principles
- Practical manufacturing or installation experience will be seen as beneficial
- High capability in written and spoken English
Rate and Hours of an Inventor Design Engineer:
- Rate is negotiable Dependent on Experience
- Hours 37.5 per week. 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday to Friday
The Role of a Mechanical Design Engineer:
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the incumbent will work within the Mechanical Team to assist with the company’s development of innovative products and solutions.
Key Responsibilities of the Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Preparation of drawings, bills of materials and design calculations for both new products and modifications to existing products.
- To work closely with the company’s production and manufacturing engineering functions to ensure designs are as effective as possible for the wider business.
- Support of the company’s sales and marketing functions.
- Liaison with other departments within the company to help achieve common goals.
- Creation and development of conceptual design schemes.
- Attendance of site visits, meetings and surveys as required by the projects.
- Any further related tasks as defined by the Engineering Manager
Person Specification of the Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Degree or HND held in either Civil or Mechanical Engineering (or related discipline).
- At least 2 years relevant full-time work experience.
- Experience in 2D / 3D CAD systems (Autodesk Inventor is desirable but not essential).
- Experience with SAP ERP or similar is desirable.
- A good appreciation of the importance of Design for Manufacture / Assembly principles.
- Practical manufacturing or installation experience will be seen as beneficial.
- High capability in written and spoken English.
Salary and Benefits for the Mechanical Design Engineer:
- £27,000 - £30,000 dependent on experience
- Hours 37.5 per week. 8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
- 28 days holiday, raising up to 33 days holiday with service
- Sick pay
Client is a family business where changing people’s lives through the products that they design, manufacture and install is a daily occurrence. With 35 years’ experience under their belt, they are the UK’s leading provider within their specific field, a market leader in Europe and they have a presence in many other countries worldwide.
Based at their ISO9001 accredited, purpose-built manufacturing facility in Derbyshire, they believe the future success and growth of the business is inextricably linked to the introduction of innovative, high quality products.
They are now recruiting an additional Design Engineer to work within a focused Research and Development team, capable of taking the lead on your own projects whilst contributing to those of your colleagues through collaborative and cross functional working.
You will have proven experience of developing products from idea through to production prototype whilst fully considering design for manufacture and assembly.
Candidates at various stages of their career development will be considered, but full project experience is a pre-requisite.
Key Requirements of the Design Engineer:
- Degree or equivalent Qualifications in Product Design / Mechanical Engineering or related subject.
- You must have proven Product Development, New Product Development experience.
- Experience of managing a project from concept through to production is essential.
- You will have a mechanical engineering background, with strong experience in the design and development of mechanical structures and mechanisms.
- Experiences of designing electrics/electronics, control systems or medical devices is advantageous but not essential.
- Be fully conversant with all aspects of Solidworks 3D CAD
- Create product specifications, project plans and detailed designs.
- Select the optimum materials and manufacturing methods to meet business and product needs
- Validate and verify designs by prototyping, testing and first batch manufacture support
- Ensure products meet appropriate safety and performance standards for CE marking
- Ability to manage a project to conclusion, on time and on budget
Person Specification of the Design Engineer:
- Possess a passion to succeed and make a difference to the customer
- Enthusiastic and Energetic with a positive “Can Do” attitude
- An excellent communicator, able to work cross functionally
- Computer Literate with the ability to work unaided.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work on your own initiative
- Understand the principles of design for manufacture and assembly
- Excellent command of the English Language (Both written and spoken)
- A team player
Salary for the Design Engineer Role:
- £35,000 - £40,000 dependent on skills and experience
Hours and Benefits
- 37.5 per week. A slight flexi-hours option is available. How these are worked will be discussed and agreed with your Manager.
- Profit related pay
- Death in Service
- 23 days holiday plus statutory
Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer
We have a new position to join a fast paced and growing engineering department who design a range of bespoke mechanical components for the automotive sector.
The company supply to a wide range of customers, often in a way that is bespoke and low volume and in partnership with the end customer to create a suitable engineered solution that meets the requirement. This requires close project engineering and liaison with all relevant departments to ensure a design is correct and fit for purpose.
The role will be responsible for designing mechanical products that require a high degree of precision and GD&T and FEA. The design process will equally be linked to both the customer and the in-house manufacturing facilities.
The right candidate will be formally qualified in Mechanical Engineer with at least 12 months industry experience in using 3D CAD.
A good understanding of machined parts, castings and fabrications design will also be desirable.
3D CAD experience is essential.
This position will require good communication skills and the ability to own a project, with the accountability to take a project through its own product life cycle.