3 Durham Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
Client requires an experienced, hands-on Draughtsman to join the technical operation at their plant, where they conduct product tests.
This is a 12-month contract and offers a PAYE or Ltd Company option.
- This building has had some updates in recent years and there are a variety of existing drawings, gaps and new drawings that need checking, re-doing, filling in so this candidate must be able to survey and then complete the required AutoCAD drawings for the changes or updates
- You must have site experience, this is the most important requirement, as you will be working autonomously in this role and must be capable and prepared to take the measurements and draw up accordingly in AutoCAD
- To understand existing drawings and revise, update or amend to represent the current situation in the facility across, civil, structural, piping, electrical, P&ID etc
- Survey, Measure, draught any areas that have not been covered by existing drawing
- Create new designs and drawing for new equipment layouts, detail new test equipment for fabrication
- Suitable technical qualification or proven experience
- Several years’ experience in industrial environment designing and draughting across multiple disciplines
Skills and Competencies:
- Self-starter, ability to work on your own, site measuring and tracing existing systems and understanding existing drawings to update or create new drawings
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills and problem-solving ability
- Basic knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of 2D AutoCAD drawing
Commutable from Middlesbrough, Darlington, Stockton on Tees, Newton Aycliffe, Bishop Auckland, Guisborough
To assist the technical operation team, working to deliver a range of low value improvement projects totalling circa $100m over the next two years. Initially for a 1-year assignment with a view to extension for the right candidate.
This role can offer a PAYE or LTD Company option.
The contract will consist of managing four projects in 2019 and at least one project in 2020. This will include;
- Installation of three air-conditioning units
- Upgrade on pipework
- Installation of Dynamometer
- Instrument updates
- Electrical substation
The Candidate Must Have:
- Industrial/Petrochem/Gas/Oil construction back ground BUT NOT multimillion-pound projects as this is a hands-on Project management role with little or no delegation to colleagues, you will need the ability to resolve on the ground, real time issues themselves
- The ability to see the bigger picture but enough relevant technical knowledge to recommend fixes and solutions
- Honest and reliable who can manage situations and report back to a wide group of internal Stakeholders within the business with the reality of the project and its stage
- Leads multiple projects from inception to completion; facilitates project planning sessions with internal stakeholders to determine the scope and objectives of each project; works with business stakeholders to establish project performance goals; designs project plan, develops timeline, identifies project milestones, and tracks performance against performance goals and timeline. Identifies, tracks, and works with others to resolve project issues.
- Monitors and communicates project status to project team.
- Plans and monitors project budget, conducts research and analysis; provides input into the design and development of project plans and timelines. Manages project risk; uses quality tools to identify areas of risk; works with others on the team and outside the team to identify alternatives or solutions.
- Documents and shares team learnings with other teams; draws on other project team experiences to enhance the success of the project. Maintains project notes, databases, and other records; monitors measures and communicates with Project Sponsor and other stakeholders on status of specific projects and assignments.
- Identifies and assigns appropriate resources to accomplish various project tasks; guides and coaches team members through various stages of the project; provides developmental feedback to team members.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Suitable relevant experience of running multi-discipline projects from £50k to £1m in value, technical knowledge of all aspects Civil, structural, piping, electrical & instrumentation to allow decisions regarding successful project outcome to be made on a daily basis
Commutable from Middlesbrough, Stockton on Tees, Newton Aycliffe, Bishop Auckland, Guisborough
A maternity cover contract has become available at the Darlington plant of this global engine business. An experienced Purchasing Manager is required this very intense role. Working with 4 other Purchasing Managers you will be responsible high-level purchasing management; looking at continuity of supply, price negotiations and new contract negotiations
Purchasing Manager Responsibilities:
- Analyses complex sourcing and purchasing processes in support of the delivery of cost effective and high-quality goods and services.
- Identifies qualified suppliers and execute sound selection processes.
- Maintains good working supplier relationship and understands how key purchasing principles are used toward assuring supply.
- Presents to senior purchasing/sourcing leaders with recommendations of improvement opportunities and courses of action.
- Ensures procedures and processes are followed and support is provided regarding price bench marking, vendor management, market & process analysis, and model building.
- Full understanding of compliance and is aware to situations that can pose risk to the business.
- Using a variety of analytical tools and processes (e.g. Six Sigma) to develop systems, processes.