3 Bedfordshire Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
The Design Engineer will be required to work within an ISO 9001 environment and carry out all aspects of design for manufacture of the company's mechanical products.
You will have a proven design background, particularly within rotating machinery or mechanical moving parts.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Work to ISO 9001 standards as relating to product design project work and order processing, using and exploiting the company’s 3D CAD systems (NX, Inventor and AutoCAD software) to their maximum capability.
- Design for manufacture and assembly protocols. Produce 3D part models and assemblies and detailed 2D component and assembly drawings to current standards.
- Provide calculations for performance and safety considerations including FEA and FMEA analysis.
- Project manage new product development as well as existing products and individual one-off projects. This may involve assemblies for quotation requiring investigation work including the production of precise layouts, design improvements of existing components and part rationalisation.
- Embrace company Value Analysis/ Value Engineering (VAVE) processes to generate the most cost-effective solutions and designs.
- Produce detailed material specifications, product IOM manuals and other technical reports/documentation as required and produce and amend Bills of Material.
- Identify improvement opportunities and participate in and lead continuous improvement activities including team kaizen events.
Key Person Specifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A minimum of 5 years related mechanical design experience within a 3D CAD environment
- Application experience of FEA software preferred
- Engineering experience related to rotating machinery / mechanical moving parts
- Ability to work flexibly to achieve tight deadlines and targets
- A dynamic team player with positive attitude
Minimum Education Requirements
In order to be considered for this role a candidate must be able to satisfy the following requirements:
- Honours Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) preferred.
- Minimum of Higher National Certificate / Diploma with appropriate industrial experience.
- Registered Incorporated Engineer (IEng) not essential but preferred
- Experience of using a 3D CAD package is essential
£35,000 - £40,000 dependant on skills and experience
Commutable From: Milton Keynes, Northampton, Luton, Cambridge, Kettering, Stevenage
Are you looking for a Service Engineer role with a difference? Are you able to give the highest level of service possible? Are you looking for a challenging role where no two days are the same in a role where 70% of your work will involve international travel? Looking to develop within a thriving organisation? Then this could be the role for you!
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Service Engineer. This position offers an excellent salary, great benefits package incl 28 days holiday, Contributory pension scheme and the potential to learn and develop within the business.
As the Service Engineer, you will be working in a fast paced and rapidly growing customer support organization with an outstanding reputation and a global leader.
As the Service Engineer, your duties will include:
- Focusing on Customer Service & Support and include installation/commissioning and upgrades of capital equipment at customers' premises, as well as warranty support.
- Your territory will be Global; therefore, worldwide travel is essential.
- You will be located in the UK Head office (Bedford) as part of a team providing 24/7 technical support
- You will be required to travel to customers' sites to lead Installation and upgrade projects
- Also, to carry out service & inspection work in line with on-going service schedules.
- While at site, you will be required to co-ordinate installation resources, liaise with the customer to resolve any problems, ensuring a successful conclusion to the relevant installation / project.
- You will also be responsible for increasing the customer service activity ensuring relevant and timely reports are submitted as required
I would be very interested in speaking with you if you are/ have:
- Previous Experience as a Service Engineer within the Flexible Packaging, Digital Printing, Narrow Web/Tag & Label Finishing Equipment, or Specialty Printing sectors would be advantageous
- Experience in the maintenance and operation of slitting & rewinding equipment would be an advantage.
- An understanding of basic mechanical and/or electrical engineering principles and previous maintenance or a service engineering background.
- Strong background in a field-based customer support role.
- A basic experience of working within remote diagnostic, technical support solutions in a customer support environment is desirable.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to work on your own initiative.
- Good level of multi-skilling (electrics, mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, etc...).
- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing to a high level in English is essential and other languages would be a great attribute.
Benefits for the Service Engineer:
- Excellent Salary and OTE
- 28 days holiday incl Bank Holidays
- Contributory Pension scheme up to 5%
- Mobile Phone
- Workwear provided
- International Travel
An EXCITING OPPORTUNITY has become available for an EXPERIENCED CNC Miller Setter / Operator to join a successful manufacturing company in Bedford.
My client is looking for a CNC Miller Setter / Operator with experience Milling and turning to join their team!
The successful CNC Miller Setter / Operator will receive the following package:
- Overtime paid at time and a half
- Around £25k DOE
- Early finishes on Fridays
- Weekdays only
- 25 days hol + BH
- Free Parking on site
The CNC Miller Setter / Operator should have experience with:
- Milling and turning using FANUC controls.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Good attention to detail.
- Carry out visual checks and hand tools inspections.
- Be familiar with continuous improvement methods and Kaizen techniques.
If you are currently a CNC Miller Setter / Operator, looking for a fresh opportunity please send your CV ASAP.