7 Contract Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
Product Engineer – Contract (Product Design, Engineering and Development).
Responsible for the Product Definition, Validation and Execution.
Primarily responsible to the Project Team to assure total support and management of the program within the functional area of Product Engineering.
Secondarily responsibility to the functional (Product Engineering) department to observe all policies and procedures for that functional area to participate in the continuous improvement of systems and processes.
We are seeking two Product Engineers to join a large automotive tier supplier that are focused on the delivery of cockpit systems for some of the biggest car manufacturers in the UK.
The main duties of the roles will be:
- Coordinates and follows product engineering responsibilities from design concept, through Prototype build, pilot, production, and life of the program.
- Provide feasibility input to support Studio Design & Package Requirements.
- Champion, support and participate in Design and Engineering Reviews.
- Create and maintain a Master Section Package for the Commodity.
- Work with advance engineering, styling and the company’s technical centre on development of the Concept and feasibility of components and vehicle level integration.
- Work with and direct the CAD team to ensure all engineering parameters and customer requirements are being fulfilled on a timely basis.
- Update Product Definition whenever project definition changes.
- Develop the DFMEA, DFM and other engineering disciplines if specified by the customer.
- Develop DVP&R, obtaining customer approval, and initiating all laboratory and virtual tests.
- Administer and over check Simulated product tests (CAE) and later physical tests in compliance with the DVP&R and assess the product design in line with internal and customer requirements reporting all findings internally and to the customer.
- Ensure that the product design complies with all product requirements and any international Legal standards when applicable.
- Ensure that the product meets all engineering objectives and targets for weight, acoustics, water sealing, cost, service etc.
- Works with build coordination and technology group (process) engineer to direct design verification build and prototype build and record all design problems.
- Assigns all design problems to proper engineering discipline for countermeasure.
- Responsible for Design Verification and Product Validation of the project, through liaison with the test lab and quality departments.
- Interfaces with the customer to ensure all engineering needs and requirements are being met.
- Coordinates engineering changes through the customers and internal systems during the Development Phase.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
- Works with the Project Manager and other engineers to establish priorities and assign tasks to complete the project according to the defined schedule.
- Support launch at the customer assembly plants.
The right applicants will have the following experience:
- Degree Qualified in and Engineering, Product or Industrial Design field.
- Specific Engineering applications and 5 years in Automotive Engineering preferred
- At least 3 years of Automotive Interior Engineering / Plastics experience.
- Knowledge of Plastic injection moulding, post processes and assembly of complex components.
- Detailed and diligent mind-set capable of working under their own initiative and driving excellence in others.
- Experience working with UK OEM’s as a Tier 1 supplier in an engineering function.
- Possess good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively conduct group presentations,
- Dedication to continuous learning is critical for this position.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
For more information please forward your latest CV ASAP.
This Contract is for an initial 12-months work, supporting a team of nine Engineers, to assist in the clearing of a backlog, whilst focusing on keeping the facility running smoothly. You will need to be experienced in working with Customers; whether internal or external from design through to install and commissioning.
- The role sits within the Global Test Technology Team, supporting turbo testing facilities to ensure equipment is suitably maintained and upgraded to meet ever changing business requirements.
- The role will support daily customer requests for pipe connection adapter and rig designs along with individual aspects of major test cell up fits and overhauls. The role will also support daily requirements of the lab to ensure operational efficiency and safety.
- The individual must have strong communication skills, working with product engineers and manufacturers to define scope of works/specifications, design solutions, procure components and assemble/test in alignment with business needs.
- Working within a highly experienced team of Mechanical Engineers the successful candidate must cooperate and take guidance from those around them whilst challenging capabilities to ensure continuous improvement.
- The working environment is fast paced with the need to manage multiple projects of varying priority and complexity, there is therefore a requirement to prioritise own work while acting cohesively within the team to ensure success.
- Experienced Mechanical Engineer (5 years plus industrial experience) with an in-depth knowledge of engineering design/manufacturing, project management and facility change management. Previous experience of working in a Test environment (specifically turbocharger/rotating machine testing) would be advantageous although is not essential.
- Test equipment specification and design (use of CREO or similar design software required), experience in material selection and manufacturing methods.
- Project Management - Establishes and maintains the "Balanced Triangle" of Scope, Schedule and Resources for a temporary effort (a "project"), with use of quality tools to ensure high quality decision making - Measurement systems analysis, structured problem solving, fault tree analysis, risk assessment and process hazard analysis.
- A working knowledge of data acquisition and mechatronics is desirable, with previous experience of interpreting test procedures and methods.
- Working knowledge of HSE standards to ensure safe working practices (e.g. lifting equipment, ergonomics, hot working and working at heights), decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Effective communication - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences, building networks - effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Resourcefulness - Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently, managing complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- A College or University Degree in Engineering Technology or equivalent, is required.
- Mechanical or Chemical Engineering Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree is highly desirable.
- £31.00 - £32.00 per hour
Our client is looking for an experienced Design Engineer to join the existing team to support with much of the Electrical AutoCAD work, alongside four other team members.
You will be supporting a specific project for a new test facility, for which allowance has been made up to January 2020. The bulk of the CAD work will be carried out by another employee; however, this contractor will need to be more of a decision maker, someone who can make suitable suggestions and add more to the design philosophy behind the project.
Key Responsibilities :
- The role is primarily focused on working as part of a small team of Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers and software Engineers to develop turbocharger performance testing facilities located within clients testing laboratory.
- The scope of the design skill required, includes the design of low voltage control systems (up to 400VAC), safety PLC integration and programming, distributed instrumentation and control design, using a mixture of analogue, digital and bus-based protocols.
- The individual must have strong communication and teamwork skills, working with the design team to define scope of works/specifications, design solutions, procure components and assemble/test in alignment with business needs.
- Working within a highly experienced team of Engineers the successful candidate must cooperate and take guidance from those around them whilst challenging capabilities to ensure continuous improvement.
- Experienced Electrical / Electronic Engineer (5 years plus industrial experience) with an in-depth knowledge of engineering design/manufacturing. Previous experience of working in a Test environment (specifically turbocharger/rotating machine testing) would be advantageous although is not essential.
- Use of AutoCAD electrical for producing schematics, layout drawings, BOMS, wiring schedules and supporting documentation, using the agreed company standards.
- Liaising with panel and enclosure build technicians (in house) to ensure a consistent build process. Devising, documenting and carrying out subsystem testing prior to full system assembly in the test facility.
- Developing innovative solutions to potentially complex measurement or control problems. Carrying out DFMEA or similar assessments as part of a team to ensure designs meet functional and safety requirements.
- Working with the team and project leader to agree time / resource plans, consideration given to scope of work and project risk. Reporting of progress vs plan and developing mitigation plans as necessary.
- Knowledge of the following standards and technologies would be highly beneficial; Machinery directive and associated BS-EN standards to compliance, Allen Bradley RSLogix/Studio 5000 programming and hardware design for safety PLCs, Common industrial protocol for Allen Bradley PLC, Modbus sensors and control elements.
- Distributed I/O systems, Allen Bradley / Rockwell VFDs for typical 5kW machinery, ABB VFDs for typical 5kW machinery, Eurotherm and EPACK controllers and iTools software
- College/University Degree in Engineering Technology or equivalent, is required. Electrical or Electronics Engineering Bachelor’s or Master’s degree highly desirable.
- Electrical qualification for LV design work, i.e. 17th Edition wiring regulations.
£30.00 - £32.00 per hour
COMPETITVE HOURLY RATE + PENSION + FREE PARKING + HEALTH CARE + COMPETITVE HOLIDAY DAYS + GREAT CAREER PROSPECTS
Are you looking for a change in scenery or just a new opportunity to put your skills to the test at an incredibly successful Tier 1 Supplier?
Are you a Quality engineer who is looking to take the next step in your career?
Our client is an industry leading Tier 1 client who are looking for a Quality Engineer who has a background in Automotive to join them as their business continues to grow and provide outstandingly high quality products.
- As Quality Engineer you will be responsible for assisting with Auditt
- You will be responsible for NPI and Launches along with delivering PPAP and APQP in line with Customer Requirements
- Provide quality reports based on Customer performance in order to aid CI activities
- As Quality engineer you will be assigning tasks to the Quality Team
- Previous experience in a quality engineering role and ideally with some experience being customer facing
- Background in Automotive (Tier 1/2)
- Experience with PPAP, APQP, PFMEA and Control Plans
- Competitive Hourly rate - Negotiable
- Job Security at a Global Company
- Holiday Days
- Free Parking
- Great working environment
Please feel free to have a confidential chat on the details below. What are you waiting for?
A busy manufacturing organisation in the Redditch area, have a requirement for an experienced Press Setter.
They have been established for many years, and supply their products into a wide variety of different industry sectors, both here in the UK and overseas.
Due to the breadth of different industry sector they work with, this gives them stability and puts them in a strong position in their market place.
They need a new Press Setter to strengthen their team
Duties and Requirements:
- Setting a small number of blanking press machines
- Working an afternoon shift – 2 / 10pm
- Paid Overtime
- It is a requirement that you have previous Press Setting experience
- A current Counter Balance fork lift truck licence would be beneficial
- This is an immediate start
- Salary : £9.50 Per Hour
- Shift Allowance
- Paid Overtime
- Pleasant Working Environment
- Location : Redditch
- Permanent Afternoon Shift
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a well- established manufacturing facility, where you would be able to enjoy long-term prospects and carer progression. You will also be joining a friendly team, with supportive management.
For further information, please call send your CV ASAP.
This is a super Contract opportunity for an experienced Accounts Assistant. This is a part time role – 30 - 37 Hours Per Week / 4 Days Per Week and is a 3 – 4 month contract working with a super, professional and supportive team. Immediate start is desirable. Free parking, free refreshments.
You will be the Accounts Assistant for a great Finance Team, within a Global, Manufacturing business, a genuine leader in their field. Their staff are proud to be part of the business which makes it a great place to work!
As the Accounts Assistant Your duties will include:
- General Ledger Analysis
- Purchase Ledger Assistance
- Journal Postings
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation
- Ad hoc Month End Duties
- Other accounts duties as and when required
I would be very interested in speaking with you if you have :
- Previous Experience as an Accounts Assistant
- Know your way round a balance sheet!
- MS Office incl Excel Competent
- AAT Foundation (Studying or passed)
- Good Spreadsheet Skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to pick things up quickly
- Good analysis skills
- Team Player – happy to help team as and when required
- Knowledge of SAP advantageous
Benefits for the Accounts Assistant:
- Long term contract
- Free Parking
- Free Refreshments
- Possibility for this contract to be extended
This is a super opportunity if you are looking for a part time contract post as an Accounts Assistant - to find out more about it, please send your CV ASAP.
A position has become available for a Maintenance Electrician holding a 70/30 Split to join an organisation based in the Manchester location. This will be a Fixed term contract as the site will closing in January 2020. Ideally this individual will hold experience within a Food Manufacturing organisation.
The ideal Maintenance Electrician will hold:
- Ideally the maintenance electrician will hold experience within a food manufacturing organisation.
- Hold a 70 / 30 Split - Electrically Biased
- Hold PLC’s experience with Siemens / Allen Bradley or Mitsubishi - Fault finding abilities
- Liquid handling would at an advantage
- Additional Skills: Motors and Drives, Conveyors, Hydraulics & Pneumatics
- Previous experience within a Maintenance Electrician role
- Previous experience within a Food Manufacturing organisation
- To have experience with Liquid Handling.
- Apprentice trained
- HNC / ONC in Electrical Engineering
- 17th Editions / 18th Editions
Benefits for a Maintenance Electrician:
Salary - £37,000 - £38,000
Fixed Term Contract for a year (End Date January 2020)
Shift Work Included
25 + 8 Days Holiday
Location - Manchester
If the details look of interest and you hold the experience required please send your CV ASAP.