11 Contract Jobs Match Your Search Criteria
Refine your results
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
CAD Data Management Support
Reporting to the Engineering Data Manager
We are working with a large group of companies that are now migrating their CAD Data and associated documentation into a new PLM Enterprise System (Product Lifecycle Management) Windchill.
This will involve moving an obsolete unsupported matrix application to a new modern system with the latest functionality and performance software support.
Duties of a CAD Data Management Support:
- Work with the Engineering Data Manager to identify and rectify engineering data quality issues
- Analyse and cross reference engineering data between multiple sources to identify data quality issues (IT Systems and Excel reports)
- Identify missing engineering data and propose a resolution for correction Instruct the IT support team on the required correction activities
- Track progress of corrective updates and validate quality issues resolved
- Produce regular status updates / progress reports to project team
Skills Required of a CAD Data Management Support:
- Good understanding of engineering concepts is essential
- Understand how to read Engineering Drawings Understand Part and Product Bill of Materials
- Understand product and part naming terms and conventions
- Prior operation of PDM, PLM, MRP or ERP applications an advantage
- Engineering / Manufacturing back ground is preferred
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Good Excel skills (Macros ideally) and the ability to manage multiple large spreadsheets
- Ability to work independent and to deadlines
The role is for 6 months to meet project mile stone
The role is based in Peterborough but could be based out of Kent or Daventry for the right candidate.
Travel may be required within UK to work with wider project team
FIXED TERM MATERNITY COVER - 9 - 12 MONTHS
£26,000 - £28,000
HIGH VOLUME MANUFACTURING
An immediate start for a Logistics Analyst role has become available for a large International manufacturing organisation in the Warwickshire area.
This will be a fixed Term Maternity cover.
They produce components for a wide variety of OEM automotive customers
DUTIES OF A LOGISTICS ANALYST:
- Material planning
- Utilising SAP based MRP for materials
- Audit of material receipt to SAP
- Ensure stock accuracy
- Invoice reconciliation - RAW Materials
- Special Transport authority
- Maintenance of monthly cycle count
- Investigation of any discrepancies
- Clearance of raw material errors
- Demand management
- External logistics support coordination
REQUIREMENTS OF A LOGISTICS ANANLYST:
- Logistics and Inventory control experience
- Ideally, you will have gained your experience from within a manufacturing environment
- Good knowledge of SAP
- Previous experience of dealing with high demanding customers
- Stay cool under pressure!
- Relevant logistics experience
- Strong problem- solving abilities and attention to detail
- High level of computer literacy
This is an immediate start role for an Inventor Design Engineer. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the incumbent will work within the Mechanical Team to assist with the company’s development of innovative products and solutions.
The duration of this contract will be a minimum of 6 weeks but may continue longer.
Key Responsibilities of an Inventor Design Engineer:
- Preparation of drawings, bills of materials and design calculations for both new products and modifications to existing products
- To work closely with the company’s production and manufacturing engineering functions to ensure designs are as effective as possible for the wider business
- Support of the company’s sales and marketing functions
- Liaison with other departments within the company to help achieve common goals
- Creation and development of conceptual design schemes
- Attendance of site visits, meetings and surveys as required by the projects
- Any further related tasks as defined by the Engineering Manager
Person Specification of an Inventor Design Engineer:
- Autodesk Inventor experience is essential
- Degree or HND held in either Civil or Mechanical Engineering (or related discipline)
- Experience of SAP is essential
- A good appreciation of the importance of Design for Manufacture / Assembly principles
- Practical manufacturing or installation experience will be seen as beneficial
- High capability in written and spoken English
Rate and Hours of an Inventor Design Engineer:
- Rate is negotiable Dependent on Experience
- Hours 37.5 per week. 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday to Friday
We are seeking to recruit a Maintenance Planner to work alongside our Maintenance & Engineering Manager in supporting or extensive maintenance operation. The role will initially be a three-month contract, with a view to permanent employment.
Key Responsibilities of a Maintenance Planner:
- Plan and co-ordinate all maintenance activities ensuring adequate resources are available
- Liaise with the Senior Maintenance Team Members for equipment availability
- Manage and update the CMMS system
- Ensure Risk Assessments/Method Statements are complete
- Manage maintenance contracts and site inspection plans
- Provide maintenance records for Quality audits
- Produce and review weekly and monthly planning figures and present results
- Support maintenance team with other activities such as arranging plant specific training,
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 2-3 years' experience of maintenance planning within a manufacturing, production or process environment.
You must be able to demonstrate significant experience administering a CMMS system (Shires Pirana Frontline experience is advantageous) be IT literate and confident working with Engineering and Production staff.
The company offer a negotiable salary of £23,000 - £28,860 alongside an extensive benefits package for permanent employees.
Key Words: Maintenance Planner, Engineering Planner, CMMS, BOM, Engineering Administrator, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Electrician.
We are seeking to recruit several contract Electrically biased Multi Skilled Maintenance Technicians.
The project will be required to undertake both planned and reactive maintenance tasks to a wide range of production machinery that will require you to hold good multi skilled abilities, which includes experience of supporting Plc controls.
Ideally you will be apprentice trained, alongside holding formal electrical qualifications to a City & Guilds or NVQ standard, having gained your maintenance experience within a fast-moving manufacturing or production environment.
1999 - 2018 Celebrating 19 Years of Maintenance Recruitment Excellence
Key Words: Maintenance Electrician, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Multi Skilled Maintenance, Electrician, Controls Engineer
This Purchase Ledger role offers a great basic salary plus benefits. This is a 12-month contract, covering maternity leave. So, there could be a chance that it could turn into permanent job! Do you have experience as a Purchase Ledger Clerk or accounts payable clerk and want to focus purely on these skills, working with a great team? Then read on!
As the Purchase Ledger Clerk - you will be working for a Global Engineering company, serving a wide variety of business sectors World Wide! They are based in Staffordshire and have been established for over 30 years!
As the Purchase Ledger Clerk your duties will include:
- Processing of Purchase orders and invoices – timely and accurately
- Prep of Weekly AP runs
- Posting to accounts in multiple currencies
- Weekly review and reporting of GRNI
- Managing the month end close on Purchase Ledger
- External and intercompany reconciliation and reporting
I would be very excited to speak with you if you have:
- Solid experience as Purchase Ledger Clerk or Accounts Payable Clerk
- Experience with Excel and ERP systems
- Multi-Currency Accounting
- Project Costing experience would be very advantageous
Benefits package for the Purchase Ledger Clerk includes:
- Up to 30 Days holiday per year (incl BH’s)
- Pension scheme
- Free Parking
CONTRACT - IMMEDITE START - 4 MONTHS MINIMUM
HIGH VOLUME AUTOMOTIVE
£250 - £300 PER DAY
SITTINGBOURNE / KENT
An immediate start for a contract Quality Engineer has arisen for a highly respected high volume manufacturing organisation in the Sittingbourne area.
They are a multi-site International Company, who truly embrace lean manufacturing and the latest technology. Their products are used in all the major automotive manufacturing companies, and this is a requirement for a Quality Engineer to start with them with immediate effect.
As their Quality Engineer, you will be supporting the introduction of core manufactured components, and to provide day to day support the Senior Quality Engineer.
DUTIES OF A QUALITY ENGINEER:
- Support the introduction of core manufactured components
- Provide day to day support to the Senior Quality Engineer
- New project APQP co-ordination and submissions
- Maintenance of existing quality documentation
- Co-ordination of corrective actions with customer concerns
- Controlled documentation generation and maintenance ie.;- Control Plans, Process Flowcharts and PFMEA’s
- Analysis of dimensional reports generated by CMM
- Management of PSW submissions
- Day to day problem solving
- On-site customer visits
REQUIREMENTS OF A QUALITY ENGINEER:
- You will have relevant Quality Engineer experience
- This will have been gained from within a manufacturing environment, preferably automotive
- Good use of Quality tools, such as PFMEA, Control Plans and APQP and PPAP’s
- Previous experience of analysis of CMM reports
- This is a fast paced, dynamic working environment, and will demand pace, energy and a real “can do” approach
- This role will become permanent; however, our client is happy for a contractor in the meantime, who is happy to contract, whilst a permanent employee is found
You will be joining an established manufacturing organisation, and you will be supported by a strong quality team.
CONTRACT - 6 MONTHS MIN
£25 - £30 PER HOUR (FLEX) + WORLD CLASS MANUFACTURING ORGANISATION + WELL ESTABLISHED FRIENDLY ORGANISTION
HIGH VOLUME MANUFACTURING
A multi-site WORLD CLASS MANUFACTURING organisation in the Redditch area, now have an urgent requirement for a MANUFACTURING ENGINEER, to join them for 6 months minimum.
They truly embrace lean manufacturing techniques, and they continue to move from strength to strength.
This can be an IMMEDIATE START, if you are a MANUFACTURING ENGINEER, looking for a long term contract.
DUTIES OF A MANUFACTURING ENGINEER:
- Implementation of continuous improvements
- Optimisation of current equipment
- Core Document packs
- Changes to PMFEA
- Identification of areas for improvement
REQUIREMENTS OF A MANUFACTURING ENGINEER:
- IMMEDIATE START
- It would be preferably for you to have Manufacturing Engineering experience from within the automotive industry
- This will be more a desk- based role, rather than “hands-on”
- Core Document packs
- Previous experience of projects relating to changes with PFMEA
- This will be a minimum 6 month contract, and will be highly likely that it will renew for 3 months there on afterwards
Contract Position - 6 Months
Electrical Engineer (Installation)
Shift: Days only
Rate £15 / £18 per hour
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Engineer (Installation is key in this role). This will be a 6 month contract with an organisation based in Bury.
Job purpose: To ensure continuity of our production processes both by maintenance of, and improvement of, our plant, equipment and processes.
Key responsibilities for an Electrical Engineer:
- Preventative and/or reactive maintenance of plant, buildings and equipment
- Machinery/Equipment installation, liaising and working in partnership with OEM’s
- Checking and calibrating equipment to ensure accuracy
- Carrying out quality inspections and scheduled checks on machinery and parts
- Responding immediately to equipment/machinery breakdowns
- Finding and fixing faults or arranging for replacement parts to be installed
- Maintaining manufacturing, ancillary and support processes
- Providing support and recommendations to operations teams and the wider organisation as required
- Adhering to and promoting health and safety regulations
- Liaising with various departments within the business as required
- Providing a prompt and valuable service
Cover team duties as required by the Electrical Engineer:
- Understand how own role and KPI’s impact on organisation and department
- Support manager to deliver the above
- You must have a flexible approach to working patterns
- Complete regular MSQ surveys
Skills & Qualifications by the Electrical Engineer:
- The applicant must have completed a recognised apprenticeship and be qualified to 17th edition.
- The applicant must have relevant experience in an industrial environment and be proficient with regard to control systems and drives using Plc’s and Inverters. Knowledge of, and experience with, Siemens plc’s and Lenze Drives will be considered a distinct advantage.
- Candidates with broad mechanical and pneumatic skills are desirable
- You must be willing to undertake additional training to expand knowledge base and develop your skills in line with organisational requirements
- As you will be working with colleagues from other areas of the business, good communication skills are essential.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrically biased) to join a leading organisation based in the Liverpool Area.
Position: Multi-Skilled maintenance Engineer (Electrically Biased) – Installation
Salary: £17 - £20 per hour
Fixed term contract – 2 week ‘s covering shut down
Shift: Days only (No weekend work)
Duties of a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer:
- Responsible for completing planned maintenance schedules, ensuring all machines are handed back to production, safe and fit for purpose, complete relevant paperwork and report and rectify any faults found over and above the schedule.
- Responsible for the inspection, fault finding and rectification of problems to equipment and hand back the equipment safe and fit for purpose, complete relevant paperwork and inform production and management of any impending failure to plant ensuring that equipment is safe at all times.
- To carry out electrical and mechanical isolations for employees safety and follow current regulations and guidelines applicable to the position.
- Work with departments to plan and prioritise work.
- Manage the CMM system, procedures and SOP's and work instructions.
- Implement continuous improvement plans and projects.
- Ensure good housekeeping.
- Generate reports as and when required for the Operations Manager.
- Assist in ensuring the plant is a safe and healthy place to work by carrying out the actions of the HSE Committee and workplace inspections as directed by the Operations Manager.
The Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer Must Hold:
- Must have good Health and Safety knowledge as working with electrics and machinery and will have responsibility for ensuring actions from the HSE committee and workplace inspections are completed.
- To hold previous experience within an Automotive or Manufacturing industry Apprentice served, Electrical biased, minimum HNC.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics, Siemens PLC and large plant.
- Practical Health and safety knowledge
- Good I.T Skills
- ABB Robot
- Can use initiative.
- Good communicator
- Problem solving
Probe Engineering are pleased to be working with our Heavy Industry process client based in Wolverhampton to recruit an experienced Mechanical Fitter to support the existing maintenance team for a 6 month fixed term period initially. There may be the opportunity for this contract to be extended following the initial period.
This is a DAYS based role working Monday – Friday and will be reporting to the Maintenance Manager. Some weekend working will also be required.
Key duties/responsibilities will include:
- Carry out planned maintenance in accordance with the maintenance schedule and report any irregularities.
- To maintain and test all mechanical systems.
- Interact with operations personnel in regards to fault finding, test, modification to process requirements, updating of drawings, and carry out defect rectification in line with the defect reporting system.
- To carry out isolations as necessary and in conjunction with maintenance/operations requests
- Implement and monitor a preventative maintenance schedule.
To be considered for the Mechanical Fitter role you will need to hold a relevant Mechanical qualification and will need to have industrial experience within a Mechanical Maintenance role.
In return you will receive a pro rata salary of £27,567 + company benefits including pension + paid holiday.
KEYWORDS: Mechanical Fitter, Maintenance Engineer