You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
MECHANICAL FACILITIES ENGINEER - TEST TECHNOLOGY
This Contract is for an initial 12-months work, supporting a team of nine Engineers, to assist in the clearing of a backlog, whilst focusing on keeping the facility running smoothly. You will need to be experienced in working with Customers; whether internal or external from design through to install and commissioning.
- The role sits within the Global Test Technology Team, supporting turbo testing facilities to ensure equipment is suitably maintained and upgraded to meet ever changing business requirements.
- The role will support daily customer requests for pipe connection adapter and rig designs along with individual aspects of major test cell up fits and overhauls. The role will also support daily requirements of the lab to ensure operational efficiency and safety.
- The individual must have strong communication skills, working with product engineers and manufacturers to define scope of works/specifications, design solutions, procure components and assemble/test in alignment with business needs.
- Working within a highly experienced team of Mechanical Engineers the successful candidate must cooperate and take guidance from those around them whilst challenging capabilities to ensure continuous improvement.
- The working environment is fast paced with the need to manage multiple projects of varying priority and complexity, there is therefore a requirement to prioritise own work while acting cohesively within the team to ensure success.
- Experienced Mechanical Engineer (5 years plus industrial experience) with an in-depth knowledge of engineering design/manufacturing, project management and facility change management. Previous experience of working in a Test environment (specifically turbocharger/rotating machine testing) would be advantageous although is not essential.
- Test equipment specification and design (use of CREO or similar design software required), experience in material selection and manufacturing methods.
- Project Management - Establishes and maintains the "Balanced Triangle" of Scope, Schedule and Resources for a temporary effort (a "project"), with use of quality tools to ensure high quality decision making - Measurement systems analysis, structured problem solving, fault tree analysis, risk assessment and process hazard analysis.
- A working knowledge of data acquisition and mechatronics is desirable, with previous experience of interpreting test procedures and methods.
- Working knowledge of HSE standards to ensure safe working practices (e.g. lifting equipment, ergonomics, hot working and working at heights), decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Effective communication - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences, building networks - effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Resourcefulness - Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently, managing complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- A College or University Degree in Engineering Technology or equivalent, is required.
- Mechanical or Chemical Engineering Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree is highly desirable.
- £31.00 - £32.00 per hour